April 29, 2024, 09:44:40 AM

Author Topic: Confederations Cup Thread  (Read 122616 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Confederations Cup Thread
« Reply #240 on: June 18, 2009, 03:21:11 PM »
Oh geeeeeeeeeeddddddd

A man from Italy jes hit somebody a piece a stinkness dey.....lawdoye!

Comin out de back...stop, push behind he leg, pick up wit de next foot and gone...all in one motion....ketch EVERYBODY!!!

:rotfl:

yeah that was meh boy Montolivo...

if ah man like me was to try ah beat like that is foot stick on the ball and knee ligament damage for sure..

Fuh real omar.

Dat was DREAD sah.  I have to watch de replay jes to see quite how he pull dat off at dat speed.

Dat was RIDICULOUS!!!  ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 18, 2009, 03:22:14 PM »
Mecca is this way.

Can you imagine the effect this image will have on Egyptian national pride. You just can't beat football for these kind of moments..... Brilliant !  
What we don't understand in the west is that them fellas don't live by our set of rules, so to us this may look like ah show, but for them this is like 2nd nature.

to them their religon ( way of life) is every thing, whether cristian, muslim , or jewish. so they put God in every thing they do.

remember most of them men doh drink and run down punash like us westerners. for the most part they live pretty straight lace life styles, and will give their lives for what ever cause they defend in ah one.

in ah nut shell, they live by totally different set of rules.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline southeastPOS

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 18, 2009, 03:24:04 PM »
What an exhibition of goalkeeping! Great stuff Egypt.  :applause: :applause:

I agree but certain men comparing Egypt GK with Ince for the wrong reasons!

Doh know who worse Ince or Egypt keeper. Just boots the ball away down field as faaar as possible.
Ince is a good goalkeeper breds, at least a good shot stopper. I just doh like the tendency to just send the ball as far downfield as possible right back to the opposition, over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over......Dat does severely limit ball possession. It does be like he and the other team backline and goalkeeper playing. AH HATE DAT!! Is frighten football.
The reason for that is the other ten mem most of the time playing sh*t. So he have to keep the ball off they foot.
If ah make bake on top de stove they call it roasted bake.
If ah fry it they call it fry bake.
So if ah make it in the oven what they go call it bake bake?.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 18, 2009, 03:25:28 PM »
Oh geeeeeeeeeeddddddd

Comin out de back...stop, push behind he leg, pick up wit de next foot and gone...all in one motion....ketch EVERYBODY!!!

if ah man like me was to try ah beat like that is foot stick on the ball and knee ligament damage for sure..

Fuh real omar.

Dat was DREAD sah.  I have to watch de replay jes to see quite how he pull dat off at dat speed.

The way allyuh talkin' bout that beat, allyuh will have me fast-forwarding through the recording just to find it...

What minute of the game we torkin' bout here again ?   ;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 18, 2009, 03:27:01 PM »
Mecca is this way.

Can you imagine the effect this image will have on Egyptian national pride. You just can't beat football for these kind of moments..... Brilliant !  
What we don't understand in the west is that them fellas don't live by our set of rules, so to us this may look like ah show, but for them this is like 2nd nature.

to them their religon ( way of life) is every thing, whether cristian, muslim , or jewish. so they put God in every thing they do.

remember most of them men doh drink and run down punash like us westerners. for the most part they live pretty straight lace life styles, and will give their lives for what ever cause they defend in ah one.

I apologise.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 18, 2009, 03:27:37 PM »
Oh geeeeeeeeeeddddddd

Fuh real omar.

The way allyuh talkin' bout that beat, allyuh will have me fast-forwarding through the recording just to find it...

somewhere in de 70-something... he was bringing de ball out de back. De man get it a lil way before after his own 18 and before the centre circle.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 18, 2009, 03:30:45 PM »
Mecca is this way.

I apologise.
Accepted.       positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 18, 2009, 03:55:11 PM »
Oh geeeeeeeeeeddddddd

Fuh real omar.

somewhere in de 70-something... he was bringing de ball out de back. De man get it a lil way before after his own 18 and before the centre circle.

Correck is right.  I have to check it again to see if what I thought I see I really see.  Although ah know I did.

How he eh mash up he knee is a mystery in trute... ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 18, 2009, 04:19:26 PM »
Mecca is this way.

Just cool.....I telling you right now...dem men is de biggest set ah limers, shit talkers, weed smokers, nanny chasers it have on this planet. Well, at least dey right up there with the bes ah dem. And that is right after they just done kneel down on a mat in a corner somewhere at de back of the library (Is my own experience with dem I talking about). People eh no different no matter where on this planet yuh come from.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 18, 2009, 04:51:55 PM »
The stands in Germany 2006 were full of mostly foreigners too.  Yuh think that was because ticket prices were well out of the spending range of most Germans?

Germans were complaining they couldn't get tickets because the organizers had made a deliberate policy of making the vast majority of tickets available to foreigners.  The rationale was foreigners would spend more than locals.  Not just to get in to see the matches but for concessions, merchandising, restaurants, bars, clubs, etc.  That policy resulted in Germany 2006 being regarded as the best WC in history...especially off the field.

So while there might be SOME truth to what you say, should there be lots of "foreigners" in the stands...it's not necessarily because ticket prices are unaffordable for most South Africans.

Well if they limit the amount of tickets made available to the locals then that will only serve to drive the prices up even higher.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 18, 2009, 04:54:42 PM »
The usa is a country that always wants to be, HAVE TO BE number one at EVERYTHING they do.  It grinds the HELL outta them that, for all their might and money, they still can't get this "soccer" thing yet and that whenever they come up against the great teams they are attempting to be considered among, they always just end up looking like schoolboys.   

Give me a call when your schoolboys make it to the World Cup quarterfinals. 
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 18, 2009, 04:57:07 PM »
Mecca is this way.

Just cool.....I telling you right now...dem men is de biggest set ah limers, shit talkers, weed smokers, nanny chasers it have on this planet. Well, at least dey right up there with the bes ah dem. And that is right after they just done kneel down on a mat in a corner somewhere at de back of the library (Is my own experience with dem I talking about). People eh no different no matter where on this planet yuh come from.
Remeber i said for the MOST PART!! ppl need tuh read properly and stop taking things out of context.

now let me ask yuh this, how much arabs yuh know? and ah have ah felling if yuh hang out with, talk too, observe, play ball with, live in the same city with, i'm sure yuh don't know ah 100,000 ah dem, and though the ones yuh know may have western and secular values,more than ever, the most of dem hold fast to their culture and way of life.

i also know rum drinking pot smoking arabs, but for every wayward, there are ten observing. that statement you made could be comparable with saying most trini's like tuh rob and gang bang.

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 18, 2009, 05:32:49 PM »
In Danny Alves and Maicon, Brasil have 2 world class right backs. Which one to start?
Ketch footballitis

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 18, 2009, 05:42:07 PM »
Mecca is this way.

Yeah right! Dat is what you think. Ever been to Egypt, Turkey or UAE, dem drinking and smoking everything.
Yeah deh hiding and doing it but doh fool yuh self.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 18, 2009, 05:48:47 PM »
In Danny Alves and Maicon, Brasil have 2 world class right backs. Which one to start?

push Danny up in the midfield. Worked well in the Copa America final....

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 18, 2009, 05:52:14 PM »
The usa is a country that always wants to be, HAVE TO BE number one at EVERYTHING they do.  It grinds the HELL outta them that, for all their might and money, they still can't get this "soccer" thing yet and that whenever they come up against the great teams they are attempting to be considered among, they always just end up looking like schoolboys.   

When you're the biggest, strongest, wealthiest, most powerful, concacaf-dominating superpower in the world, that, according to fifa, is perennially one of the top 25 teams in the world (sssssure you are) isn't a flash-in-the-pan showing at a World Cup quarterfinal a little beneath the standard your country purports itself to behold? Shouldn't y'all have at least won a final semifinal.........quarterfinal by now?  (Oh, I forgot.  the only reason y'all lost to Germany in Korea-Japan is probably through some fault of the referee or linesman.....some call y'all didn't get or something.  Yuh ent have one ah dem "vuvuzelas" to blow on?  Your team still have a chance of advancing in this tournament!)  

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 18, 2009, 06:00:32 PM »

When you're the biggest, strongest, wealthiest, most powerful, concacaf-dominating superpower in the world, that, according to fifa, is perennially one of the top 25 teams in the world (sssssure you are) isn't a flash-in-the-pan showing at a World Cup quarterfinal a little beneath the standard your country purports itself to behold? Shouldn't y'all have at least won a final semifinal.........quarterfinal by now?  (Oh, I forgot.  the only reason y'all lost to Germany in Korea-Japan is probably through some fault of the referee or linesman.....some call y'all didn't get or something.  Yuh ent have one ah dem "vuvuzelas" to blow on?  Your team still have a chance of advancing in this tournament!)  

hear nah mango chow, i now goin an ask d man if is boast he boastin for makin it to a QUARTERFINAL in d world cup. correct me if i wrong but a team who has made it to almost all if not all of d world cups should have at least won once rite?

hear dis zeppo, when your so called big side win d world cup, den u cud bump yuh gum all u want, but until den, u cud throw yuh frame.

bless!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 18, 2009, 06:12:07 PM »

hear nah mango chow, i now goin an ask d man if is boast he boastin for makin it to a QUARTERFINAL in d world cup. correct me if i wrong but a team who has made it to almost all if not all of d world cups should have at least won once rite?

hear dis zeppo, when your so called big side win d world cup, den u cud bump yuh gum all u want, but until den, u cud throw yuh frame.

bless!!

Baby, I give his country credit for getting to that plateau.......but it still earns them little respect in the football world.  I give the man his credit.  He win a few fans on the forum with his penchant for pushing a usa agenda.  No scene, is a free world.  But I don't miss his snide arrogance much as he try to be slick with it.  Bless, Baby, bless!     

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 18, 2009, 07:01:52 PM »
The Arabs are football mad people and we must not forget that.I remember at University they would come in on Monday well dressed, wearing some really expensive clothes and if anyone had a football around, they would start a match on the lawn at the side of the building.They would play for over an hour shouting and bawling in Arabic as if that kick-about was a WC final.They eventually came into lectures smelly,sweaty and all ruffled up,still chattering in Arabic,the lecturer sometimes had to calm them down for the start of classes.The next day it was the same all over.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 18, 2009, 07:07:32 PM »
Watching this Italy-Egypt game...

Pirlo seems to be back to his best- what a f*cking general...

Man can carve a genius pass out of any situation.

p.s. Egypt have a nice lil knock....
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 07:13:30 PM by kicker »

AirMan

« Reply #260 on: June 18, 2009, 10:43:11 PM »
Honestly ..in my opinion although Italy are world champs, they are not one of my favourite teams to watch in the world..I dont rate them higher than the current Brazil, Argentina, Spain or French teams..although no one expected them to lose to Egypt, I am still not surprised..especially seeing Egypt dynamic performace at the last African nations Cup

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 18, 2009, 11:07:04 PM »
Obviously is these ugly unforms that Italy wearing that throw them off they game.
The need to collect that kit and burn them
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 18, 2009, 11:23:57 PM »
Obviously is these ugly unforms that Italy wearing that throw them off they game.

:D

It really ugly in truth.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 19, 2009, 01:34:28 AM »
Mecca is this way.

Yeah right! Dat is what you think. Ever been to Egypt, Turkey or UAE, dem drinking and smoking everything.
Yeah deh hiding and doing it but doh fool yuh self.
Actually i've been to the middle east!!! not egypt, uae or turkey, but suadi arabia, syria and jordan and i also interact and live amonst arabs of all nations! for the most part their culture is pretty simular.

ppl love tuh generalize and sometimes their generalization don't always reflect the vast majority.

yes it have drinkers killers rapers and smokers amongst them. which society don't ?

but for the MOST PART, them fellas does obey and live up to their parents and grand parents wishes. to them culture religon and and family values is # one! and nothing else matters.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 19, 2009, 03:40:17 AM »
When you're the biggest, strongest, wealthiest, most powerful, concacaf-dominating superpower in the world, that, according to fifa, is perennially one of the top 25 teams in the world (sssssure you are) isn't a flash-in-the-pan showing at a World Cup quarterfinal a little beneath the standard your country purports itself to behold? Shouldn't y'all have at least won a final semifinal.........quarterfinal by now?  (Oh, I forgot.  the only reason y'all lost to Germany in Korea-Japan is probably through some fault of the referee or linesman.....some call y'all didn't get or something.  Yuh ent have one ah dem "vuvuzelas" to blow on?  Your team still have a chance of advancing in this tournament!)   

In Spain it's the #1 sport and they have one of the richest leagues in the world. How many World Cup's have they won by now? Your logic is bunk and you know it.

Our pro league's only been around for 13 years, and not even 20 years ago our team was made up almost entirely of students. Since then we have we have beaten teams like Brazil, Argentina, Germany, England, Portugal, etc. -- something that no other team in the region could even conceive of, bar Mexico. It's precisely that kind of steady progress that worries the hell out of guys like you.  :o

BTW - just to drop a little bit of history on you (since you seem to so sorely lack the perspective), we've actually been to the semi-finals.  ;)
- Xavi

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 19, 2009, 06:41:49 AM »
When you're the biggest, strongest, wealthiest, most powerful, concacaf-dominating superpower in the world, that, according to fifa, is perennially one of the top 25 teams in the world (sssssure you are) isn't a flash-in-the-pan showing at a World Cup quarterfinal a little beneath the standard your country purports itself to behold? Shouldn't y'all have at least won a final semifinal.........quarterfinal by now?  (Oh, I forgot.  the only reason y'all lost to Germany in Korea-Japan is probably through some fault of the referee or linesman.....some call y'all didn't get or something.  Yuh ent have one ah dem "vuvuzelas" to blow on?  Your team still have a chance of advancing in this tournament!)   

In Spain it's the #1 sport and they have one of the richest leagues in the world. How many World Cup's have they won by now? Your logic is bunk and you know it.

Our pro league's only been around for 13 years, and not even 20 years ago our team was made up almost entirely of students. Since then we have we have beaten teams like Brazil, Argentina, Germany, England, Portugal, etc. -- something that no other team in the region could even conceive of, bar Mexico. It's precisely that kind of steady progress that worries the hell out of guys like you.  :o

BTW - just to drop a little bit of history on you (since you seem to so sorely lack the perspective), we've actually been to the semi-finals.  ;)

Let's really put things in perspective, zeppo before you get happy blowing your vuvuzela too hard: Spain's empty Trophy case in the World Cup department is universally seen as underachievement, lil fella, while any results that you can brandish is equally seen as over achievement.  On any given day, the usa can eke out a result against Germany, Brazil, England and Argentina and you will STILL never be seen as belonging in their company.  As you proved yesterday, you didn't belong on the same field as Brazilian ball boys, so the result that Kasey Keller secured for you in the Gold Cup in 1998 is not something to tout as anything more than having had a lucky day (even small countries like my own have those from time to time)  I will grant you that you embarrassed Portugal and eked out a loss to Germany, but when you compare third place in the inaugural World Cup tournament to getting eliminated in the group stage and being beaten by Ghana in 2006 along with all the results in between.......I wouldn't call that "steady progress" like you would, young man.  (wait, didn't y'all lose to Iran in '98?)  CONCACAF, the confederation which your country so dominates, has had a steady slot available to them since 1930.  Cameroun's and Nigeria's accomplishments are what you would call steady progress, especially when you consider the fact that Africa did not start having a consistent slot in the World Cup until 1970.  Your country and Mexico have dominated concacaf for more years than I have probably existed, that has never been in question, as far as I am concerned, but against top level competition, y'all don't matchup, y'all don't belong, and y'all prove that time and time again.  (Beware of Egypt on Sunday)
    Also, when you talk about your pro league being only 13 years old, please don't forget that the mls msl misled is merely a rehashing of the NASL and all other associated leagues which were unsustainable because there was hardly the local talent (and even less local interest) to feed it. 
 See, zeppo, you're missing my point and I am not surprised.  I should have given up when I saw you try to use Spain as some sort of "point" to sustain your argument and I was even more appalled that you would pluralize "World Cup" with an apostrophe "s" but if I stuck with you that you might try to apply a little "perspective" and learn something.   The usa can dominate CONCACAF and Mexico all you want.  TRUST when I tell you that scattered victories against big teams neither bother nor impress me.  I know that sooner or later, even 5 World Cups from now, your team will STILL be made to look like they were yesterday.   

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 19, 2009, 07:22:18 AM »

It really ugly in truth.

The blue has become alot lighter in shade..............and black shorts?  WTF??

The dark Azurri & white shorts was an institution, dunno why they changed it....I wouldn't call the kits ugly, but they certainly don't look like the Italian kit, and they will take alot of getting used to...

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 19, 2009, 07:27:35 AM »

It really ugly in truth.

The dark Azurri & white shorts was an institution, dunno why they changed it....I wouldn't call the kits ugly, but they certainly don't look like the Italian kit, and they will take alot of getting used to...

Money money money money mmmoonnneeeyyyyyyy (as the sound says) My guess is it will be only for the Confederation Cup
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 19, 2009, 07:36:43 AM »

It really ugly in truth.

It is light blue with a brown shorts... it supposed to be a throwback to the 1934-1938 kit
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 19, 2009, 07:41:14 AM »

It really ugly in truth.

It is light blue with a brown shorts... it supposed to be a throwback to the 1934-1938 kit

Zeen... 

Didn't even realize the shorts were brown until a closer look...Kinda look like when yuh black rossi shorts get wash out after a two games  :D
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 07:53:02 AM by kicker »

1]; } ?>