April 29, 2024, 07:14:35 AM

Author Topic: Confederations Cup Thread  (Read 122497 times)

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Confederations Cup Thread
« Reply #270 on: June 19, 2009, 07:45:08 AM »
D chex in them rossis used to look boss. I doh really understand how that material used to wash out tho'
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 19, 2009, 07:59:03 AM »
the best kit was the 1990 navy blue with a white shorts..

is all kinda schupitness italy doing with the kit since then..

i think they had a light blue puma skin tight kit in either euro 96 or france 98 if i'm not mistaken.. but some of the designs is like they trying too much.. i see a white away kit with a navy blue V neck.. the current Italy kit i have from the last world cup is a paper thin kinda material and they also had another metro man blue kit some other time..

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 19, 2009, 12:31:01 PM »

Let's really put things in perspective, zeppo before you get happy blowing your vuvuzela too hard: Spain's empty Trophy case in the World Cup department is universally seen as underachievement, lil fella, while any results that you can brandish is equally seen as over achievement.  On any given day, the usa can eke out a result against Germany, Brazil, England and Argentina and you will STILL never be seen as belonging in their company.  As you proved yesterday, you didn't belong on the same field as Brazilian ball boys, so the result that Kasey Keller secured for you in the Gold Cup in 1998 is not something to tout as anything more than having had a lucky day (even small countries like my own have those from time to time)  I will grant you that you embarrassed Portugal and eked out a loss to Germany, but when you compare third place in the inaugural World Cup tournament to getting eliminated in the group stage and being beaten by Ghana in 2006 along with all the results in between.......I wouldn't call that "steady progress" like you would, young man.  (wait, didn't y'all lose to Iran in '98?)  CONCACAF, the confederation which your country so dominates, has had a steady slot available to them since 1930.  Cameroun's and Nigeria's accomplishments are what you would call steady progress, especially when you consider the fact that Africa did not start having a consistent slot in the World Cup until 1970.  Your country and Mexico have dominated concacaf for more years than I have probably existed, that has never been in question, as far as I am concerned, but against top level competition, y'all don't matchup, y'all don't belong, and y'all prove that time and time again.  (Beware of Egypt on Sunday)
    Also, when you talk about your pro league being only 13 years old, please don't forget that the mls msl misled is merely a rehashing of the NASL and all other associated leagues which were unsustainable because there was hardly the local talent (and even less local interest) to feed it. 
 See, zeppo, you're missing my point and I am not surprised.  I should have given up when I saw you try to use Spain as some sort of "point" to sustain your argument and I was even more appalled that you would pluralize "World Cup" with an apostrophe "s" but if I stuck with you that you might try to apply a little "perspective" and learn something.   The usa can dominate CONCACAF and Mexico all you want.  TRUST when I tell you that scattered victories against big teams neither bother nor impress me.  I know that sooner or later, even 5 World Cups from now, your team will STILL be made to look like they were yesterday.   

Go ahead then and keep ignoring our upward curve. All the hot air in your posting does nothing to mask your fear.

:devil:
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 19, 2009, 02:57:05 PM »
Italy rolls out the excuses after Egypt loss
By ANDREW DAMPF, AP Sports Writer

South Africa (AP)—Italy had far more excuses than goals.   ;D

A 1-0 loss to Egypt on Thursday in the Confederations Cup was not received well back home. Gazzetta dello Sport labeled the Italian players “mummies.”

“We knew beforehand that this Confederations Cup is a test to prepare for the World Cup and that there would be experiments,” Italy goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon said. “This isn’t the biggest tournament. Sure it would be nice to win, but it’s not at the level of a World Cup or European Championship.”

The loss to Egypt was shaped by a failed experiment in attack, with coach Marcello Lippi testing Giuseppe Rossi at center forward, surrounded by Vincenzo Iaquinta and Fabio Quagliarella. The offense was stagnant until Luca Toni came off the bench in the second half.

“It’s senseless to massacre the coach and team now. If things don’t go well, Lippi has the insight to change,” Buffon said. “We can always go back to what we did before. There’s still a year before the World Cup.”

Buffon also pointed to injuries to key players Fabio Cannavaro and Gennaro Gattuso. Cannavaro missed Italy’s laborious 3-1 win over the United States with a right calf injury and Gattuso only returned from knee surgery in AC Milan’s final match of the Serie A season.

Antonio Di Natale missed the tournament with a long-term injury.

“We have a number of players returning from injury, guys that have been out for four or five months,” Buffon said. “But 14 or 15 of us are in great form. Italy is capable of beating Brazil, Spain and Brazil again. Yes, not just once, but twice.”

Italy now faces a difficult match with Brazil on Sunday to conclude group play. Brazil leads the group with six points, while Italy and Egypt have three each and the United States has none.

Spain is almost certain to win Group A, and will be the likely opponent if Italy reached the semifinals.

Cannavaro, one shy of Paolo Maldini’s record of 126 appearances for the national team, will remain with the team despite the death of his grandfather. Cannavaro was informed of his death after Thursday’s game.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 19, 2009, 03:03:34 PM »

Let's really put things in perspective, zeppo before you get happy blowing your vuvuzela too hard: Spain's empty Trophy case in the World Cup department is universally seen as underachievement, lil fella, while any results that you can brandish is equally seen as over achievement.  On any given day, the usa can eke out a result against Germany, Brazil, England and Argentina and you will STILL never be seen as belonging in their company.  As you proved yesterday, you didn't belong on the same field as Brazilian ball boys, so the result that Kasey Keller secured for you in the Gold Cup in 1998 is not something to tout as anything more than having had a lucky day (even small countries like my own have those from time to time)  I will grant you that you embarrassed Portugal and eked out a loss to Germany, but when you compare third place in the inaugural World Cup tournament to getting eliminated in the group stage and being beaten by Ghana in 2006 along with all the results in between.......I wouldn't call that "steady progress" like you would, young man.  (wait, didn't y'all lose to Iran in '98?)  CONCACAF, the confederation which your country so dominates, has had a steady slot available to them since 1930.  Cameroun's and Nigeria's accomplishments are what you would call steady progress, especially when you consider the fact that Africa did not start having a consistent slot in the World Cup until 1970.  Your country and Mexico have dominated concacaf for more years than I have probably existed, that has never been in question, as far as I am concerned, but against top level competition, y'all don't matchup, y'all don't belong, and y'all prove that time and time again.  (Beware of Egypt on Sunday)
    Also, when you talk about your pro league being only 13 years old, please don't forget that the mls msl misled is merely a rehashing of the NASL and all other associated leagues which were unsustainable because there was hardly the local talent (and even less local interest) to feed it. 
 See, zeppo, you're missing my point and I am not surprised.  I should have given up when I saw you try to use Spain as some sort of "point" to sustain your argument and I was even more appalled that you would pluralize "World Cup" with an apostrophe "s" but if I stuck with you that you might try to apply a little "perspective" and learn something.   The usa can dominate CONCACAF and Mexico all you want.  TRUST when I tell you that scattered victories against big teams neither bother nor impress me.  I know that sooner or later, even 5 World Cups from now, your team will STILL be made to look like they were yesterday.   

Go ahead then and keep ignoring our upward curve. All the hot air in your posting does nothing to mask your fear.

:devil:

;D   I have to give it to you.....you truly are full of that true grit and american spirit that so typifies your (women's) team.   All I ask is one question:  That "fear" that you claim to be smelling in me, zeppo...what is it that I am afraid of?  

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 19, 2009, 03:06:02 PM »

(wait, didn't y'all lose to Iran in '98?) 

Oh yes they did!!....I never root for a terrorist nation before like I did that day.... :devil: ;D

Mango I tired tell Zeppo to tell he compatriots to give up on football and go back to baseball and stop embarrassing themselves (and CONCACAF by extension) on the world stage....is how much more cut arse they goh take before dey realise dey eh ready??!!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 03:10:55 PM by Brownsugar »
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 19, 2009, 03:25:50 PM »
If yuh cah beat them, rejoice when somebody else beat dem :)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 19, 2009, 03:32:17 PM »
Beasley apologizes to US teammates for mistake

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/9703154/Beasley-apologizes-to-US-teammates-for-mistake

PRETORIA, South Africa (AP) - DaMarcus Beasley apologized to his United States teammates for his part in the mix-up that led to a crucial goal in a 3-0 Confederations Cup loss to Brazil.

The Americans were trailing 1-0 Thursday when Beasley failed to read a short corner move from fellow midfielder Landon Donovan.

Unfortunately for Beasley, this was the five-time World Cup champions the United States was playing against. The ball was swept up the other end of the field and within seconds was nestled in the back of the net.

Robinho's deftly placed finish put Brazil ahead 2-0 after just 20 minutes and well on the way to a 3-0 win against a disorganized opponent.

"The ball just went off my foot, that was it," Beasley said Friday. "I don't think I've ever had a mistake like that lead to a goal in my whole career, so I was pretty disappointed with myself.

"When you lose a ball like that, it doesn't matter, you're on the field and you have a team that can put two or three passes together and go through on your goal. But it's football and it happens. I apologized to my teammates that I'd make a mistake."

With South African fans blowing on their noisy vuvuzela trumpets at Loftus Versfeld Stadium, Beasley said he simply didn't hear a call from Donovan to expect the kick.

The ball ran to defender Andre Santos to clear and, with Beasley slapping the ground in frustration, former world player of the year Kaka helped the ball to Ramires.

Ramires drifted out to the right and rolled a pass across the edge of the area to the onrushing Robinho, who scored with a well-placed low shot and celebrated the breathtaking move by faking an interview into a microphone at the advertising board to the right of the goal.  :rotfl:

"At first I didn't think Landon was going to play the ball," Beasley said. "I thought he kind of hesitated so as soon as he played it, I was still looking back to see if someone was coming and the ball was right there.

"It went on my foot. That's all I can say. It happened and I felt terrible for it."

Beasley wasn't the only one offering apologies to his teammates - Sacha Kljestan said sorry for his 57th-minute red card for a foul on Ramires - but the Rangers midfielder is pretty sure his colleagues will have no problem forgiving him.

"I've been around a long time and I think they know me and what I bring to the team in my play on my part," Beasley said. "It happens in football. It happened to me and I'm sure it won't be the last time it happens to anyone."

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 19, 2009, 03:43:20 PM »
Mecca is this way.

Can you imagine the effect this image will have on Egyptian national pride. You just can't beat football for these kind of moments..... Brilliant !  
What we don't understand in the west is that them fellas don't live by our set of rules, so to us this may look like ah show, but for them this is like 2nd nature.

to them their religon ( way of life) is every thing, whether cristian, muslim , or jewish. so they put God in every thing they do.

remember most of them men doh drink and run down punash like us westerners. for the most part they live pretty straight lace life styles, and will give their lives for what ever cause they defend in ah one.

in ah nut shell, they live by totally different set of rules.
Just cool.....I telling you right now...dem men is de biggest set ah limers, shit talkers, weed smokers, nanny chasers it have on this planet. Well, at least dey right up there with the bes ah dem. And that is right after they just done kneel down on a mat in a corner somewhere at de back of the library (Is my own experience with dem I talking about). People eh no different no matter where on this planet yuh come from.
Remeber i said for the MOST PART!! ppl need tuh read properly and stop taking things out of context.

now let me ask yuh this, how much arabs yuh know? and ah have ah felling if yuh hang out with, talk too, observe, play ball with, live in the same city with, i'm sure yuh don't know ah 100,000 ah dem, and though the ones yuh know may have western and secular values,more than ever, the most of dem hold fast to their culture and way of life.

i also know rum drinking pot smoking arabs, but for every wayward, there are ten observing. that statement you made could be comparable with saying most trini's like tuh rob and gang bang.

;D

I will limit my comment to Egyptian ballers I know ... dey punashy :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Have big ride as a 'nash magnet, will spend dunzah as a 'nash magnet, and will inveigle slackness with ANY and ALL resources at dey disposal ... in hot pursuit ah de 'nash ... dey name MAN.

Question: as seductive as the photo is ... is it any more significant than men entering de pitch making de sign ah de cross or flashing a Jesus tee? It jes different for de unfamiliar ... iz how many Gambian goals get celebrated said way?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 03:49:50 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 19, 2009, 03:46:14 PM »
Man blamin de vuvuzelas yes.

Well look at my crosses.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 19, 2009, 04:06:04 PM »
Mecca is this way.

Can you imagine the effect this image will have on Egyptian national pride. You just can't beat football for these kind of moments..... Brilliant !  
What we don't understand in the west is that them fellas don't live by our set of rules, so to us this may look like ah show, but for them this is like 2nd nature.

to them their religon ( way of life) is every thing, whether cristian, muslim , or jewish. so they put God in every thing they do.

remember most of them men doh drink and run down punash like us westerners. for the most part they live pretty straight lace life styles, and will give their lives for what ever cause they defend in ah one.

in ah nut shell, they live by totally different set of rules.
Just cool.....I telling you right now...dem men is de biggest set ah limers, shit talkers, weed smokers, nanny chasers it have on this planet. Well, at least dey right up there with the bes ah dem. And that is right after they just done kneel down on a mat in a corner somewhere at de back of the library (Is my own experience with dem I talking about). People eh no different no matter where on this planet yuh come from.
Remeber i said for the MOST PART!! ppl need tuh read properly and stop taking things out of context.

now let me ask yuh this, how much arabs yuh know? and ah have ah felling if yuh hang out with, talk too, observe, play ball with, live in the same city with, i'm sure yuh don't know ah 100,000 ah dem, and though the ones yuh know may have western and secular values,more than ever, the most of dem hold fast to their culture and way of life.

i also know rum drinking pot smoking arabs, but for every wayward, there are ten observing. that statement you made could be comparable with saying most trini's like tuh rob and gang bang.

;D

I will limit my comment to Egyptian ballers I know ... dey punashy :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Have big ride as a 'nash magnet, will spend dunzah as a 'nash magnet, and will inveigle slackness with ANY and ALL resources at dey disposal ... in hot pursuit ah de 'nash ... dey name MAN.

Question: as seductive as the photo is ... is it any more significant than men entering de pitch making de sign ah de cross or flashing a Jesus tee? It jes different for de unfamiliar ... iz how many Gambian goals get celebrated said way?
The operative words here are ballers i know. not the whole arab or egyptian world. 
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 19, 2009, 04:17:51 PM »
Yep ...

but I omitted they will still face Mecca at the requisite time ... on a good day  ;) ... Human foibles?

« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 04:19:53 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 19, 2009, 04:28:33 PM »
The operative words here are ballers i know. not the whole arab or egyptian world. 

You know the whole arab or egyptian world?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 19, 2009, 04:30:42 PM »
allya never see dem muslims in TnT wid de Bar in their trunks :devil:

You know the whole arab or egyptian world?
oh gord oh
allya quick wid de retorts oui ;D
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 04:34:35 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 19, 2009, 05:32:00 PM »
men who does get dem soccer catalog know dem is only Confed Cup unis.....on ah more serious note, ah finally get de chance to watch Egypt v Italy, i was never in the conspiracy theory thing and i eh watch the 2nd half yet...but for Egypt goal, allyuh know was 9-italians (not counting de man at the top of de 18) versus 4-Egyptians, Tivo/DVR men watch dat replay and tell me....in de 39 minute ah the 1st half??

ah mean is not like if dey is de Socawarriors
nah, nah, nah ah shouldn't go dey but seriously dat goal look too easy man
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: June 20, 2009, 01:17:19 PM »
South Africa vs Spain:

South Africa has been improving as each game goes by.

Iraq has proven to be a tougher opponent than I thought in the first game. But that's typical of a Bora team.

This is a good game thus far.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 20, 2009, 01:29:40 PM »
Man blamin de vuvuzelas yes.

Well look at my crosses.

:rotfl: :rotfl:  the root of ALL evil
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 20, 2009, 01:35:29 PM »
de NZ team is also de rugby team them modda ass strong.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 20, 2009, 01:39:47 PM »
Penalty!

SAVE!!!!!

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 20, 2009, 01:40:16 PM »
David Villa got back good.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 20, 2009, 01:40:51 PM »
GOAL!!!

That all happen so fast...
David Villa get the penalty saved, then not even 30 seconds later get the ball back in the run of play and puts it into the bottom corner.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 20, 2009, 01:41:14 PM »
what a PK save by the SA keeper....oh...villa redeem himself with a clumsy goal!!!!

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 20, 2009, 01:44:01 PM »
Why Harkes calling this game?
He should be on espn 2 talking about how NZ does play in black, and when he was at DC they used to play in black to, and it was hot...

At least I know tomorrow, I won't have to hear this fool for Brazil - Italy

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 20, 2009, 02:10:31 PM »
2-0 to Spain now.

The South-African Trini warming up.
Expect to see good chances and plenty throw-away

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 20, 2009, 02:21:33 PM »
it jus amazes me that busquets basically started d season on barca b team. wow
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 20, 2009, 02:22:25 PM »
That was the ultimate corbeaux sweat

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 20, 2009, 04:53:05 PM »
South africa have ah real nice knock yow! them men playing like robots! each position is adequatly filled with no wasted possesions. i have tuh say, i'm really impressed.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 21, 2009, 12:11:36 PM »
brasilia v italia in about 20.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 21, 2009, 12:45:28 PM »
Brazil-Italy good game so far... Both teams have come out guns blazing..

Italy started a bit quicker but Brazil has had more looks on goal so far (they already hit the post). 

Pirlo's compass a bit off so far.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 12:48:47 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 21, 2009, 01:01:38 PM »
usa 1 nil

1]; } ?>