April 28, 2024, 09:08:53 AM

Author Topic: Confederations Cup Thread  (Read 122173 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Confederations Cup Thread
« Reply #360 on: June 21, 2009, 02:32:39 PM »
Landon (radar) donovan is ah real jumbie yes!! :devil:  BTW Egypt is ah shyte team! :devil:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 21, 2009, 02:33:09 PM »
that 2nd half was much more like it.. Rossi showed why he shouldve been starting this game.

I dont know if allyuh men does follow this Italy side, but imo Daniele De Rossi's international career has been a true disappointment. From indiscipline and getting put out at crucial tournaments to lacklustre performances for somebody of his reputation...

Time for italy to go in fresh blood.. Santon, Rossi, Balotelli, Pepe, Montolivo is the future.

Ah find nobody eh talking Felipe Melo. Man eh put ah foot wrong whole game. Who he playing for?

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 21, 2009, 02:33:42 PM »
Egypt sell out or what?
How yuh go score 3 on Brazil, beat Italy and be looking like crap vs the US?
       Are you one of them that still underates the US?keep your hopes up Breds.Sometimes i wonder if is we just don't like the US or is it they really not playing good Football.  

I ent mention nothing about the US play.
Look at how Egypt playing. They looking like they was happy with a 1-0 loss and still move to the Semis

Let's face it..Egypt it shit. The Brazilians were cruising 3-1 at the half against them...they said jetlag and fatigue caught up with them in the 2nd half. Everyone thought it was excuses, excuses...but it looks like it was true. They were extremely lucky against Italy and shoulda colleck at least 4 in the 2nd half alone. And look how Brazil pop down Italy normal normal. Egypt luck ran out. They having a hard time in qualifying..they have a nice brand, but de 4-3 loss and the 1-0 win was apparently them overachieving.

US is shit too..But the only team I didn't want to go through was Italy. Egypt couldn't get the job done, so I glad the US obliged. Great day of ball. Laters Italy

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 21, 2009, 02:34:58 PM »
the eagle strikes again..

If dey beat Spain.. I aint go be surprised..that is the kinda team dey is
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 21, 2009, 02:36:28 PM »
that 2nd half was much more like it.. Rossi showed why he shouldve been starting this game.

I dont know if allyuh men does follow this Italy side, but imo Daniele De Rossi's international career has been a true disappointment. From indiscipline and getting put out at crucial tournaments to lacklustre performances for somebody of his reputation...

Time for italy to go in fresh blood.. Santon, Rossi, Balotelli, Pepe, Montolivo is the future.

Ah find nobody eh talking Felipe Melo. Man eh put ah foot wrong whole game. Who he playing for?

Hoss...Melo is a big player for Fiorentina. As ah Italy fan yuh disappoint meh dey.

doh talk about Italy 2nd half nah. It was already 3-0..dat half doh count for nutten. Doh study it..Italy is a big side. I wouldn't watch dem slight in 2010 at all

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 21, 2009, 02:38:08 PM »
the eagle strikes again..

If dey beat Spain.. I aint go be surprised..that is the kinda team dey is munny does pass  :devil:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 21, 2009, 02:40:00 PM »
Like de man/men who break in Egypt room tief dey game, too boy......Oh lawd.....dat statement leave open a lot of possibilities!  ;D

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 21, 2009, 02:42:20 PM »
Chow..Zeppo coming for yuh 

I think poor Mango Chump just swallowed his vuvuzela.

:devil:  :devil:  :devil:
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 21, 2009, 02:42:41 PM »

Fiorentina- had a big season last season...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 21, 2009, 02:46:27 PM »
Good day of matches...

Brazil cruised, Italy flopped, Egypt flattered to deceive, and Bob Bradley saved his job.

Looks like a head on collision for Brazil & Spain in the final as most neutrals would have hoped for....

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 21, 2009, 02:48:15 PM »

Hoss...Melo is a big player for Fiorentina. As ah Italy fan yuh disappoint meh dey.

doh talk about Italy 2nd half nah. It was already 3-0..dat half doh count for nutten. Doh study it..Italy is a big side. I wouldn't watch dem slight in 2010 at all

damn, well fiorentina is the one side i eh see much of this season.. Ah blame FSC for hardly carrying their games.

yeah i eh worried about Italy.. normal procedure..

Fall off bad in the year before world cup, struggle through qualifying and scrape through to the finals.. everybody go write them off, they go struggle through their World cup first round group, then boom next thing u know they in the finals..

On another note i cyah believe them Egyptians hands the ball off the line again, and get away with it this time. Too bad for Egypt, but that should teach them to party and brush hoes after you qualify from group stages not before.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 21, 2009, 02:53:47 PM »

It sure beats what Spain will have you and your team swallowing on Wednesday!

:devil:   :devil:   :devil:

giggsy11

« Reply #372 on: June 21, 2009, 03:01:19 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Damn Chow is fadder's day, take it easy nuh man!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 21, 2009, 03:05:47 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Damn Chow is fadder's day, take it easy nuh man!

Every good father knows that he has to administer tough love from time to time......especially when is a outside chile.  ;D

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 21, 2009, 04:15:16 PM »
that 2nd half was much more like it..

lol you serious?  Italy was done & dusted and Brazil was on autopilot going through the motions in the 2nd 45...and still it's only some speculative efforts from outside the box that gave Julio Ceasar some reasonably straight-forward action.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: June 21, 2009, 04:40:48 PM »
U.S. headed to semis

On the verge of elimination and facing long odds, the United States came up with its best performance at a major international tournament in seven years and an improbable semifinal berth at the Confederations Cup.

Charlie Davies scored in the first half, and Michael Bradley and Clint Dempsey added goals in the final half hour to lead the United States over Egypt 3-0 Sunday.

The United States needed to win by three goals and have Italy lose by three, and that's exactly what happened.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 21, 2009, 05:42:48 PM »
Landon (radar) donovan is ah real jumbie yes!! :devil:  BTW Egypt is ah shyte team! :devil:
only when Zidan not in the team

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 21, 2009, 05:45:02 PM »
U.S. headed to semis

On the verge of elimination and facing long odds, the United States came up with its best performance at a major international tournament in seven years and an improbable semifinal berth at the Confederations Cup.

Charlie Davies scored in the first half, and Michael Bradley and Clint Dempsey added goals in the final half hour to lead the United States over Egypt 3-0 Sunday.

The United States needed to win by three goals and have Italy lose by three, and that's exactly what happened.

(continue)

Go CONCACAF  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 21, 2009, 06:18:10 PM »
Seriously Brazil play with more speed, variations, precision and less predictability without Ronaldiinho.
Kaka Robinho partnership is proving almost impossible to tie down. Their mobility is causing teams serious problems. Dunga made a master stroke leaving out Elano for a more stable defensive trio looking midfield. Allowing Kaka freedom to roam, his work rate and passing today was amazing.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 21, 2009, 06:34:12 PM »
Seriously Brazil play with more speed, variations, precision and less predictability without Ronaldiinho.
Kaka Robinho partnership is proving almost impossible to tie down. Their mobility is causing teams serious problems. Dunga made a master stroke leaving out Elano for a more stable defensive trio looking midfield. Allowing Kaka freedom to roam, his work rate and passing today was amazing.

Without present day Ronaldinho yes I totally agree- though in the friendly against Italy earlier this year Ronaldinho had them busy in the 1st 45 and Brazil was as fluid as ever (the 1st 45 of the match was the most Brazil has looked like Brazil in a very long time)....With Ronaldinho back to full fitness/sharpness I think Brazil would be as close to unstoppable as most nat'l teams get. 

The Elano exclusion for Ramires is a good move too I agree.  I'm not sure if it stabilizes the midfield defensively but I think Ramires is quicker on the counter attack (which appears to be Brazil's specialty) and a bit more difficult to defend against than Elano...On his day though, Elano scores big goals...and he plays a steady box to box role

Kaka Robinho is a deadly combo, but the unsung hero in that attacking combo is Luis Fabiano...He's not my favorite type of player to watch and he doesn't have the individual creativity of Robinho, but he has a sick eye for goal and his off the ball movement is tireless.  Andre Santos is a nice lil left back too- good skill.  I wonder if Marcelo can displace him...Marcelo looked to be getting good form toward the end of this season- thought that position was his.

Maicon is def better than Dani Alves overall as a player, but Alves' crossing ability is second to none...Maicon's crossing could use some work...If there's a way to have them on the field at the same time that would be a nightmare of a right side to defend against....

Felipe Melo is the new Rock in the middle- reminds me of Mauro Silva....Great baller winner with the touch of a creative middie when in possession...looks like he's cementing his position in the line up...

Brazil's biggest challenges in years to come look to be replacing the Lucio & Juan combo in the hole- They've been the twin towers there for sometime but they both getting up there in age (both in their 30's now)...Interested to see who will step in and if the transition will be seamless.

Also look for R9 Ronaldo to challenge for a WC2010 spot on the roster...I eh counting him out....  ;D
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 06:47:28 PM by kicker »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 21, 2009, 06:59:53 PM »

Every good father knows that he has to administer tough love from time to time......especially when is a outside chile.  ;D

allyuh trying real hard boy  ::)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 21, 2009, 07:23:38 PM »

allyuh trying real hard boy  ::)

How else can we ever grow up to be like you?  :angel:

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 21, 2009, 07:28:38 PM »
Italy never deserved that world cup

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 21, 2009, 07:41:05 PM »

The bogus penalty they were awarded against Australia reinforces that.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 21, 2009, 08:25:59 PM »

And Maradona punched the ball in the goal with his hand against England.....Whoever wins the world cup deserves it...every winner has its fair share of luck (or cheating) along the way

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #385 on: June 21, 2009, 09:09:25 PM »

And Maradona punched the ball in the goal with his hand against England.....Whoever wins the world cup deserves it...every winner has its fair share of luck (or cheating) along the way

well said, i wasnt impressed by italy but they did more than everybody else.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 21, 2009, 09:18:26 PM »

......and as long as people have opinions (which they are all entitled to), debates will always ensue as to whether or not one team or another "deserved" anything, whether it be a good result or a bad one.  Fact is, Argentina looked far more convincing against England and throughout the tournament in '86 and hence, more "deserving" of winning that tournament  than Italy looked against Australia and throughout that particular tournament in '06.  The Australia game stands out in many people's minds and is debated just like Maradonna's "Hand of God" is.  Argentina looked quite dominant against England and Maradonna's transgression may not have quite been the game changer that Italy's bogus penalty was especially at such a crucial time of the game.  There was no guarantee that they, the footall icons, were going to beat Australia on PK's......every World Cup has its fair share of upsets along the way and maybe the referee in that game deprived us of one.    

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 21, 2009, 09:37:56 PM »
... and Italy deserved to win the 2002 world cup in korea when the pudgy Ecuadorian ref blatantly tief dem out de tournament in the game against south korea..

and Italy was supposed to win world cup 1990 when they play all the ball against Argentina and still get knock out on pks in the semis.. Matter of fact Brazil deserved to be in that semi-final after they run Argentina off the park whole game only for Caniggia to feed Diego on one play that they execute and score.

not seeing the point of this argument. bottom line is the team that win any world cup deserve it.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 21, 2009, 09:47:47 PM »
... and Italy deserved to win the 2002 world cup in korea when the pudgy Ecuadorian ref blatantly tief dem out de tournament in the game against south korea..

and Italy was supposed to win world cup 1990 when they play all the ball against Argentina and still get knock out on pks in the semis.. Matter of fact Brazil deserved to be in that semi-final after they run Argentina off the park whole game only for Caniggia to feed Diego on one play that they execute and score.

not seeing the point of this argument. bottom line is the team that win any world cup deserve it.

...not an argument, Omar.  Just a difference of opinions. 

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 21, 2009, 10:24:12 PM »
Did T&T deserve to be in the World Cup Finals in 2006?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 10:29:20 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>