April 29, 2024, 09:50:11 AM

Author Topic: Confederations Cup Thread  (Read 122620 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Confederations Cup Thread
« Reply #420 on: June 22, 2009, 11:06:51 AM »
Italy are quite capable of playing attractive, flowing football.  They more than have the players to do it.  But they are an example of where football becomes cultural.

It's not in Italy's football culture to play attractively for any consistent time period.  They're a fight you to the death kind of team who are at their very best when their backs are against the wall and the odds are against them.  A 10 man Italy is more dangerous than an Italian XI IMO.  I doh like them as a team to watch but I respect de hell out of them and they have some absolutely fanatastic players.  Always have and likely always will.

As for them not "deserving" to win WC 2006....I wonder who "deserved" to win it?  Germany?  Germany played the best they could possibly play against Italy and Italy flat out, straight up BEAT THEM.  No bad calls.  No teefin by de refs.  Dey beat Germany in front dey own fans.  Germany...who is one of the toughest team in ALL of foottball...especially at home.

Italy is a boss team.  Yuh doh have to like dem.....but underestimate dem at yuh peril.  Confederations Cup is nothing much in the overall scheme of things.  If this was a World Cup tournament, this same Italian team would have found a way to qualify for the next round and once they have....EVERYBODY...including my side Brazil...would fear them.

True talk that...

That semi-final against Germany was some of the most attractive football i've ever seen Italy play. I even bought the DVD just so I could re-watch that midfield showing from Pirlo again.. One of the best midfield performances i've ever witnessed.

Italy is tempo. I've seen Italy go to a tournament with a side that all in all comprised just four great defenders and Baggio and still run teams down to the wire. Remember this team is 1 world cup shy of brazil's current tournament record of 5.

Remember that Euro when they get knock out by France on PKs and the midfield was Di Biagio, Moriero, Dino Baggio and Pessoto (a right back)? Devoid of any creativity whatsoever yet still laboring to victories.

Anyway, i still waiting for someone to tell me what it is I not seeing in Camoranesi, besides him being the only Italian with some fancy touches.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 22, 2009, 11:12:23 AM »
Italy are quite capable of playing attractive, flowing football.  They more than have the players to do it.  But they are an example of where football becomes cultural.

It's not in Italy's football culture to play attractively for any consistent time period.  They're a fight you to the death kind of team who are at their very best when their backs are against the wall and the odds are against them.  A 10 man Italy is more dangerous than an Italian XI IMO.  I doh like them as a team to watch but I respect de hell out of them and they have some absolutely fanatastic players.  Always have and likely always will.

As for them not "deserving" to win WC 2006....I wonder who "deserved" to win it?  Germany?  Germany played the best they could possibly play against Italy and Italy flat out, straight up BEAT THEM.  No bad calls.  No teefin by de refs.  Dey beat Germany in front dey own fans.  Germany...who is one of the toughest team in ALL of foottball...especially at home.

Italy is a boss team.  Yuh doh have to like dem.....but underestimate dem at yuh peril.  Confederations Cup is nothing much in the overall scheme of things.  If this was a World Cup tournament, this same Italian team would have found a way to qualify for the next round and once they have....EVERYBODY...including my side Brazil...would fear them.

Well said Palos.... :beermug:  I have always liked 2 teams in Europe, Holland and Italy.  Head to head, ah will back Holland though  *sigh* they just wouldn't win the blasted world cup and put mih out mih misery....*sigh*
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 22, 2009, 11:13:53 AM »

True talk that...

That semi-final against Germany was some of the most attractive football i've ever seen Italy play. I even bought the DVD just so I could re-watch that midfield showing from Pirlo again.. One of the best midfield performances i've ever witnessed.

Italy is tempo. I've seen Italy go to a tournament with a side that all in all comprised just four great defenders and Baggio and still run teams down to the wire. Remember this team is 1 world cup shy of brazil's current tournament record of 5.

Remember that Euro when they get knock out by France on PKs and the midfield was Di Biagio, Moriero, Dino Baggio and Pessoto (a right back)? Devoid of any creativity whatsoever yet still laboring to victories.

Anyway, i still waiting for someone to tell me what it is I not seeing in Camoranesi, besides him being the only Italian with some fancy touches.

Once Balotelli start makin dah Italian startin line up.....it go be pressha fuh everybody.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 22, 2009, 11:17:21 AM »

True talk that...

Nah, if yuh truly following Italian football at de national level yuh will realize dat players like Camaronesi is a must have, a player w/some creativity, vision, and combines that w/some serious hustle.  All de major pts about the Italian nat'l side have already been made by you and other posters before, I would add the 90 WC as one they "could" have had.  I think now though Lippi has some serious work to do, Donadoni took their nat'l football down a peg or two, will be interesting to see how they look time nex year come around.
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 22, 2009, 11:24:51 AM »
Wuz with the italian love fest?
Brazil still run tings.
But yes they are always a big side
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 22, 2009, 11:27:33 AM »

I never said that Costa Rica doing well is good for concacaf but not the usa.  Get your facts straight and learn to read and understand what a writer is saying.  I would really like to see the correlation between the usa doing well in this or any other tournament (as badly as they have looked, too) and concacaf as a whole when, the usa (and Mexico) have been getting results in the World Cup since 1930.  There is no question that the usa has improved since its re-entry into the world stage in 1990. There is no question that Mexico are the other power house in our region and there is no question as to Costa Rica's potential.  They showed what they are capable of in 1990 and they have not looked as good ever since but every now and then they get a result or show some kind of form.  Those three teams are the status quo in concacaf.   Jamaica's victory over an up-and-coming Japan in '98 and T&T's draw against Sweden in '06 is not enough for concacaf to rattle any sabres and say we are all that in international football.  More teams like Haiti, Cuba, El Salvador, Guatemala, Canada, jamaica, Honduras, etc., have to step up and show that they can hang with some of the top teams for us to be taken more seriously and anything else you tell me is just a flawed attempt at logic.  

At the end of the day, its the CONCACAF champs USA authoratitively dismissing the African champs Egypt in a game that carried major significance.

Any time a CONCACAF team beat a team from another CONFED in a major football tournament, it will always be a feather in our cap. Sure, CONCACAF is not as strong as CONMEBOL, but like you said, the top 3 can hold its own, and any of Honduras, Ja, Canada, T&T can spring a few surprises here and there. Honduras easily beat Paraguay the other day, even Panama defeated Chile not too long ago, albeit in friendly ga,es with little meaning.

You mentioned Japan as being an up and coming team when Jamaica defeated them at the world cup..you can put jamaica in the same boat too as an "up and coming" team with significantly less resources. It was CONCACAF's # 3 putting the brakes on Asia's #1 at the time.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 22, 2009, 11:28:04 AM »

Not sure about that first sentence - In WC '90 they were as fluid as I've ever seen, but the part about Pirlo I fully endorse- that was a 10/10 flawless performance...It really was close to perfection. Not sure if even he could replicate it...was like watching a central midfield clinic.  
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 22, 2009, 11:30:12 AM »
I wonder how many ppl jumpin on the Brazil bandwagon?

I eh drinkin dat koolaid yet.
Sadly Brazil is turning into every other present-day, world-class football team. Hard working and swift on the counter.
I guess in a world where results are all that count, this was bound to happen.

RIP ginga

Brazil playing that swift counter for a good while now...Last Confederations Cup was the same thing... Argentina's coach was awed by it after they got demolished in the last final... 

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 22, 2009, 11:31:29 AM »
Brazil made them look really small in truth. 10min highlights.

I don't know how to post embedded videos on this site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAJJTI2GGik
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 22, 2009, 11:32:39 AM »

I never said that Costa Rica doing well is good for concacaf but not the usa.  Get your facts straight and learn to read and understand what a writer is saying.  I would really like to see the correlation between the usa doing well in this or any other tournament (as badly as they have looked, too) and concacaf as a whole when, the usa (and Mexico) have been getting results in the World Cup since 1930.  There is no question that the usa has improved since its re-entry into the world stage in 1990. There is no question that Mexico are the other power house in our region and there is no question as to Costa Rica's potential.  They showed what they are capable of in 1990 and they have not looked as good ever since but every now and then they get a result or show some kind of form.  Those three teams are the status quo in concacaf.   Jamaica's victory over an up-and-coming Japan in '98 and T&T's draw against Sweden in '06 is not enough for concacaf to rattle any sabres and say we are all that in international football.  More teams like Haiti, Cuba, El Salvador, Guatemala, Canada, jamaica, Honduras, etc., have to step up and show that they can hang with some of the top teams for us to be taken more seriously and anything else you tell me is just a flawed attempt at logic.  

At the end of the day, its the CONCACAF champs USA authoratitively dismissing the African champs Egypt in a game that carried major significance.

Any time a CONCACAF team beat a team from another CONFED in a major football tournament, it will always be a feather in our cap. Sure, CONCACAF is not as strong as CONMEBOL, but like you said, the top 3 can hold its own, and any of Honduras, Ja, Canada, T&T can spring a few surprises here and there. Honduras easily beat Paraguay the other day, even Panama defeated Chile not too long ago, albeit in friendly ga,es with little meaning.

You mentioned Japan as being an up and coming team when Jamaica defeated them at the world cup..you can put jamaica in the same boat too as an "up and coming" team with significantly less resources. It was CONCACAF's # 3 putting the brakes on Asia's #1 at the time.

steupssssssssssss
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 22, 2009, 11:41:14 AM »
Italy have some special talent in the U21 Balotelli already mentioned, but Aquafresca will also be a potential striker in WC. Then they have a potential playmaker, who is also effective out wide in Giovinco
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 22, 2009, 11:57:03 AM »

Just look at the html code for a previously embedded video (quote the message and you'll see it), and follow the pattern

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 22, 2009, 11:59:37 AM »

Just look at the html code for a previously embedded video (quote the message and you'll see it), and follow the pattern

All dah wok?
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 22, 2009, 12:02:14 PM »
steups It nuh working.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 22, 2009, 12:03:06 PM »

Toppa... take out the "watch?" and replace the '=' with a '/' so it will look like this:

http://www.youtube.com/v/tAJJTI2GGik

put that link in flash tag (the circle icon 'insert flash').

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/tAJJTI2GGik" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/tAJJTI2GGik</a>

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: June 22, 2009, 12:04:18 PM »
Thanks Omar...although that still rel complicated.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 22, 2009, 12:07:07 PM »

yuh too friggin lazy.  :)

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 22, 2009, 12:10:42 PM »

lol Maybe, but on other sites videos are embedded automatically.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 22, 2009, 12:11:07 PM »

All dah wok?

lol... ;D

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 22, 2009, 12:31:24 PM »

lol Maybe, but on other sites videos are embedded automatically.

I ha to agree yuh rell blasted lazy in troot!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 22, 2009, 12:40:47 PM »
Allyuh rel ungrateful yuh know. Ah feeling to take back muh highlights!
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 22, 2009, 12:48:42 PM »

You in ah mess, daiz like givin ah vagrant ah coupon fuh free food in Trini. Ah bet yuh go get it pelt back at yuh wit some choice words :devil:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 22, 2009, 12:59:17 PM »

well take back yuh highlights nah...

who wanna see highlights of brazil beating italy anyway? steups

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 22, 2009, 01:04:29 PM »

well take back yuh highlights nah...

who wanna see highlights of brazil beating italy anyway? steups
Yuh know yuh crying on de inside!  :devil:

Brazil had defenders falling down all kina ting. Fus is Samba in de tail.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 22, 2009, 01:20:01 PM »
This basically described the whole 90 minutes right here....I eh go lie, I love Brazil..but dat was a lil too disrespectful. Stankness. I still hadda laugh tho'

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/4ufOk_XRnow" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/4ufOk_XRnow</a>
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 09:34:43 PM by Filho »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 22, 2009, 02:38:47 PM »
This basically described the whole 90 minutes right here....I eh go lie, I love Brazil..but dat was a lil too disrespectful. Stankness. I still hadda laugh tho'

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/4ufOk_XRnow" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/4ufOk_XRnow</a>

Yeah that was a bit much...real funny though

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 22, 2009, 02:54:59 PM »
   usa winning looks good for the usa, not concacaf.   Costa Rica, Guatemala, Mexico, El Salvador, T&T AND the usa doing well in FIFA tournaments looks good for cocacaf.  Not just the two perennial super powers all the time, over and over again. 

Flawed logic. Costa Rica do well, CONCACAF looks good, but USA do well, USA looks good? It might also be worth noting that the USA is not currently playing the best ball in CONCACAF...maybe COSTA RICA is.

Say waht you want, but this is an excellent result for CONCACAF football. Hope the USA go all the way to the finals, and win it to boot.
What yuh been smokin dude ??
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline WARRIORKING

• Deep into weaponry
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 22, 2009, 02:57:03 PM »
who cares about italy or brazil .i'm from neither one of these countries and further more italians are the most racist bastards and you all lobbying for them like allyuh italian. lol  i'm happy for the USA cause i'm an american citizen and i support them . when they are playing T&T my loyalty is with the warriors. thats it . aND I WOULD RATHER SUPPORT NIGERIA OF CAMEROON BEFORE I SUPPORT ITALY
My lyrical tendency`s equivalent to a critical felony
Precise behind bars like a criminal`s penalty
Pinnacle definitely, hold so much jewels in my miracle memory
It`s like I`m a physical treasury
I was born with a difficult destiny, not your typical mentally
Givin my vision through treacheries

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 22, 2009, 03:02:11 PM »
who cares about italy or brazil .i'm from neither one of these countries and further more italians are the most racist bastards and you all lobbying for them like allyuh italian. lol  i'm happy for the USA cause i'm an american citizen and i support them . when they are playing T&T my loyalty is with the warriors. thats it . aND I WOULD RATHER SUPPORT NIGERIA OF CAMEROON BEFORE I SUPPORT ITALY

ok

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 22, 2009, 03:08:23 PM »

yuh is ah fan of the football or a fan of the politics?

1]; } ?>