April 19, 2024, 09:04:02 AM

Author Topic: Confederations Cup Thread  (Read 121313 times)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: Confederations Cup Thread
« Reply #600 on: June 24, 2009, 03:55:12 PM »
Wow ... is ah good thing i ent bet yes ... ah woulda be looking for crix and blueband tomorrow!

Boy not you alone nah... :whistling: ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: June 24, 2009, 03:58:31 PM »
Well done Usa ...  :beermug: :devil:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 24, 2009, 04:08:05 PM »
Toppa, on de serious ... I understand what you're suggesting but one element ah what I'm suggesting is yuh cyah examine Dunga in a vaccum ... yuh have to look at the full body of his work ... izza composite ... same with Bradley or anyone else ... If we were to break this down from the perspective of the US-Mexico rivalry ... at what point do Mexican losses or US victories translate into tactical superiority?

Dunga has a cupboard equipped with X ... that allows him to Y.

Bradley has a box equipped with C ... that allows him to do D.

It's not like the variables are identical and then we could willy nilly dismiss one over the other ... there are too many factors beyond results equal to superior tactics.   

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 24, 2009, 04:08:32 PM »

Aye, Aye....careful I eh petition the mods to ban yuh eh.... ah done goh have Zeppo rubbing it in already, daiz enough... :devil: ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 24, 2009, 04:11:13 PM »

Aye, Aye....careful I eh petition the mods to ban yuh eh.... ah done goh have Zeppo rubbing it in already, daiz enough... :devil: ;D
.   I glad Spain lost...I want a SA win 2moro 

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 24, 2009, 04:12:39 PM »

Chups I forget you like England.... ::)....I backing SA too....for Bourbon's sake... ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 24, 2009, 04:15:27 PM »
Toppa, on de serious ... I understand what you're suggesting but one element ah what I'm suggesting is yuh cyah examine Dunga in a vaccum ... yuh have to look at the full body of his work ... izza composite ... same with Bradley or anyone else ... If we were to break this down from the perspective of the US-Mexico rivalry ... at what point do Mexican losses or US victories translate into tactical superiority?

It's not like the variables are identical and then we could willy nilly dismiss one over the other ... there are too many factors beyond results equal to superior tactics.   

No, point is, people getting carried away with this US win over Spain.

It was more Spain being very poor on the day than the US being very good and I didn't see any evidence of much tactical brilliance on the part of Bradley.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 24, 2009, 04:17:17 PM »
spain let me down bad. dem americans so arrogant already. steups. i want 'team usa soccer', ah see daiz wat dey callin dem now,  ???, to get blow out sunday.
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 24, 2009, 04:19:49 PM »

Jes remind small mag bout de lixxxx he young lions about to tek on Friday from Sweden....all rubbin een done...even doh yuh go have to hol a cuss or 2 in de process.  8)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 24, 2009, 04:20:38 PM »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 24, 2009, 04:21:24 PM »
I cant believe its not butter :o
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 24, 2009, 04:24:56 PM »

Chups I forget you like England.... ::)....I backing SA too....for Bourbon's sake... ;D

Thank You kindly my dear.  ;) You'll let me know when you decide about the Soca Warriors aight?

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 24, 2009, 04:26:44 PM »
schups I sour yes.   >:(
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #613 on: June 24, 2009, 04:44:18 PM »
dem americans so arrogant already. steups.
Yeah. Because when we rolling we eyes at Grenada or vex about Bermuda, is because we thoroughly respect our opponents.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 24, 2009, 04:46:31 PM »

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: June 24, 2009, 04:48:29 PM »
I real glad spain egypt and spain get it!! that made me feel ah lil better knowing we eh the only team who eat licks from america this rounds. now ah feeling better about losing twice in ah disgracful defeat to the U.S. of A.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 24, 2009, 04:48:49 PM »

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 24, 2009, 04:52:07 PM »

It was more Spain being very poor on the day than the US being very good and I didn't see any evidence of much tactical brilliance on the part of Bradley.
You suckin ah lil to hard on dem grapes girl. :devil:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 24, 2009, 04:54:31 PM »

Ever consider that part of Spain's being on the day bad could have been due to the tactical moves by the U.S.A ?  You sounding like them Man U fans who bawl that they didn't show up against Barca...like Barca had nothing to do with it.

I would be the first to say that I think that Spain would beat the U.S. 8 out of 10 times (just throwing out a number to make a point), but yuh hadda give the States some props... Even on a bad day, Spain could beat teams...and good teams too-Spain didn't score on themselves, they didn't hit all their shots wide and high, and they didn't pass the ball to the Americans....

No need to get carried away over this win sure, but yuh hadda recognize that the U.S. unit has the potential to lift the game of a bunch of MLSers and relative small teamers to give a big team something to think about, and whether or not B.Bradley is a tactical genius, he deserves some credit for it 'cause it's not like he's working with a bunch of all-stars...

On another note, in the space of 2 games I think B.Bradley saved his job...up until Egypt the U.S. was struggling... Now they have a new confidence...amazing the turn around
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 04:57:25 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 24, 2009, 04:57:32 PM »
Kicker, one day yuh should try being thoughtless.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 24, 2009, 05:00:38 PM »
dem americans so arrogant already. steups.
Yeah. Because when we rolling we eyes at Grenada or vex about Bermuda, is because we thoroughly respect our opponents.

As yuh mention them ...

Say, we play St. Kitts, Lucia, SVG, Dominica, USVI etc. 36 times ... whais de chance we could geh a world record?

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 24, 2009, 05:08:46 PM »

Ever consider that part of Spain's being on the day bad could have been due to the tactical moves by the U.S.A ?  You sounding like them Man U fans who bawl that they didn't show up against Barca...like Barca had nothing to do with it.

I would be the first to say that I think that Spain would beat the U.S. 8 out of 10 times (just throwing out a number to make a point), but yuh hadda give the States some props... Even on a bad day, Spain could beat teams...and good teams too-Spain didn't score on themselves, they didn't hit all their shots wide and high, and they didn't pass the ball to the Americans....

No need to get carried away over this win sure, but yuh hadda recognize that the U.S. unit has the potential to lift the game of a bunch of MLSers and relative small teamers to give a big team something to think about, and whether or not B.Bradley is a tactical genius, he deserves some credit for it 'cause it's not like he's working with a bunch of all-stars...

On another note, in the space of 2 games I think B.Bradley saved his job...up until Egypt the U.S. was struggling... Now they have a new confidence...amazing the turn around

Well stated. I agree with everything you said here.
- Xavi

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 24, 2009, 05:22:59 PM »
Well done Yanks

Tommy Smyth predict that USA will win a world cup within this century.. ..after today I must say anything is possible..

what will be f**ked up is that if that happens..alot of American would not even know/care.. :beermug:

Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 24, 2009, 05:28:04 PM »
Well done Yanks

Tommy Smyth predict that USA will win a world cup within this century.. ..after today I must say anything is possible..

what will be f**ked up is that if that happens..alot most of American would not even know/care.. :beermug:

Don't worry.  The rest of concacaf will be right there to revel in their success.  (and it would make concacaf that much better, too.)

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 24, 2009, 06:02:28 PM »
After watching Spain play in the 1st half even though they were down.  I was convinced that the old adage "Goals win matches" was not completely true.  I was ready to change it to "Players win matches"  There was no way USA was going to hold on the way Spain was playing.  But I guess the old adage is true.  The only consolation with Spain is that it is hard to play teams below our level.  It's either a blowout or a headache.  Today it was Spain's headache. This game reminded me of T&T verses England and Sweden.  The difference is not a mystery after you defend so much your strikers have to finish our strikers didn't.  Do you know where we'll be if our strike scored their opportunities?  Anyhow, expect a clinic in the finals though at this level you don't get lucky twice. 4-0 Brazil.  If they win tomw.  ::)
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: June 24, 2009, 06:33:02 PM »
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 24, 2009, 06:38:49 PM »
Well done Yanks

what will be f**ked up is that if that happens..alot of American would not even know/care.. :beermug:

Forget that...they beat f**king Spain today and I sure 90% 99.99% of their country men doh care!!!....imagine if we beat Spain at any point in time....is fete for days and weeks....dais de part does hurt mih...ssssstttteeeepppsss!!!..
And I beginning to feel Zeppo is the only fan dey have.... :devil: ;D
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 24, 2009, 07:02:19 PM »
Spain did not play like Spain. They were individualistic and disjointed. They came out having "won" the game, saving themselves for Sunday.

Second half USA played NO FOOTBALL whatsoever. They parked all of City Gate and Morvant Taxi Stand in fron the goal.

Tha's how you win a a Tournament. Love Bradley.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 24, 2009, 07:03:19 PM »
i am one of de haters yes i admit that but i will say this, usa might not have the best team on paper but when it comes to team chemistry they are up there. with team chemistry things will keep clicking... look at south korea for instance. majority of their players arent well known yet they play as a UNIT. south korea possesses a great chemistry and i think usa is right up there with them...above brasil and all. you fellas may think different but thats how i see it.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 24, 2009, 07:07:38 PM »
Second half USA played NO FOOTBALL whatsoever. They parked all of City Gate and Morvant Taxi Stand in fron the goal.

When Chelsea did that against Barca, it was genius though....  :P
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

1]; } ?>