March 28, 2024, 07:04:17 PM

Author Topic: Confederations Cup Thread  (Read 120474 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Confederations Cup Thread
« Reply #630 on: June 24, 2009, 07:08:29 PM »
Well the Spaniards and Dutch are the biggest chokers in history  :rotfl: We have to keep that in mind

This look more like a sellout than a choke.  All of a sudden them Spainish makin' ONE settta bad pass in a game?!  Yeah, RIGHT!!
CONCACAF is the BEST CONFEDERATION

Arrow, wha ya tink?
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: June 24, 2009, 07:10:33 PM »
steups ah still cant believe it
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: June 24, 2009, 07:11:27 PM »
Spain did not play like Spain. They were individualistic and disjointed. They came out having "won" the game, saving themselves for Sunday.

Second half USA played NO FOOTBALL whatsoever. They parked all of City Gate and Morvant Taxi Stand in fron the goal.

Tha's how you win a a Tournament. Love Bradley.
     Is a good thing they did not play anything in the second half,like you forget they scored in that period as well,their plan was perfectly well executed,remember this,always play to suit yourself and don't worry with people.  

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 24, 2009, 07:42:22 PM »
attaway USA!!!

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 24, 2009, 07:57:36 PM »
When i said the U.S. is ah big team ppl say ah was crazy!! now look.

i real scared for brazil, but on the other hand dunga is ah far better tactician than bradly.

i'm not suprised! the U.S. played like they always do, with real hustle, urgency and with blood in their socks!! that's what ah like about them, they does leave every thing on the field!!

show the world concacaf could compete with the best of them. Go concacaf !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upon what evidence?

You not serious. Which team hit the World Champions three goals to nil?

Now Bradley is a genius and he better than Dunga.

::)

Fact is Spain was not Spain today. Whole day they looked like shit.

well then US was not de US when Costa Rica beat dem either
US looked like shit against costa rica
costa rica is not de euro champs
costa rica didn't have no winning streak going
dis game was not ah US home game
dis game was not played on artificial turf
why is it really so hard for some people to give dem fellahs a lil kudos for dey small achievement jed, yuh would tink de US is Nazi germany...sigh!
Why you so emotional? Yuh navel string bury in the US or wha? Who not giving them their props?

The gap between Spain and the US is too huge for it to be compared to any game in CONCACAF.

ah ha to give yuh props, to read my post and come up wid me being emotional, yuh good...i like de navel string too, so wha ah suppose to say, nah it bury in fyzo or brothers road?....sorry breds is just sometimes i does just jealous de men who know more bout football than me....look all i do is outline a few lil facts and was simply asking why ii so hard for men to give de US a lil kudos...so you could say, "Spain did not play like Spain today" and dais de gospel according to toppa? look boy rock f*&king so eh and leave me alone eh!!!!! (dat is emotional!)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: June 24, 2009, 08:13:01 PM »
When i said the U.S. is ah big team ppl say ah was crazy!! now look.

i real scared for brazil, but on the other hand dunga is ah far better tactician than bradly.

i'm not suprised! the U.S. played like they always do, with real hustle, urgency and with blood in their socks!! that's what ah like about them, they does leave every thing on the field!!

show the world concacaf could compete with the best of them. Go concacaf !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upon what evidence?

You not serious. Which team hit the World Champions three goals to nil?

Now Bradley is a genius and he better than Dunga.

::)

Fact is Spain was not Spain today. Whole day they looked like shit.

well then US was not de US when Costa Rica beat dem either
US looked like shit against costa rica
costa rica is not de euro champs
costa rica didn't have no winning streak going
dis game was not ah US home game
dis game was not played on artificial turf
why is it really so hard for some people to give dem fellahs a lil kudos for dey small achievement jed, yuh would tink de US is Nazi germany...sigh!
Why you so emotional? Yuh navel string bury in the US or wha? Who not giving them their props?

The gap between Spain and the US is too huge for it to be compared to any game in CONCACAF.

ah ha to give yuh props, to read my post and come up wid me being emotional, yuh good...i like de navel string too, so wha ah suppose to say, nah it bury in fyzo or brothers road?....sorry breds is just sometimes i does just jealous de men who know more bout football than me....look all i do is outline a few lil facts and was simply asking why ii so hard for men to give de US a lil kudos...so you could say, "Spain did not play like Spain today" and dais de gospel according to toppa? look boy rock f*&king so eh and leave me alone eh!!!!! (dat is emotional!)

Your acting more of a girl than I am.  :-\
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Small Change

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: June 24, 2009, 08:19:34 PM »
USA are doing well. Check it out, they getting some GOOD experience under their belts, by playing some of the TOP sides in the and against WORLD class players, from Spain, Italy, etc. And we expect Trinidad to beat the USA?? While there are going foward and are always 2 or 3 steps ahead of us, we still dreaming and hoping. Trinidad is NOT going to beat the USA first team........NO WAY; NO HOW!!!!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: June 24, 2009, 08:25:10 PM »
USA are doing well. Check it out, they getting some GOOD experience under their belts, by playing some of the TOP sides in the and against WORLD class players, from Spain, Italy, etc. And we expect Trinidad to beat the USA?? While there are going foward and are always 2 or 3 steps ahead of us, we still dreaming and hoping. Trinidad is NOT going to beat the USA first team........NO WAY; NO HOW!!!!

I'm not a delusional fan who thinks TnT are rgeater than they really are but...if the US beat Spain today ( a team that's clearly much much superior), why TnT can't beat the US?
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: June 24, 2009, 08:28:59 PM »

Just like the USA cannot beat a FULL strength Spain team?
Or a third tier team could beat a BPL team in the FA Cup?

Any number could play on the day.

Offline Small Change

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 24, 2009, 08:30:33 PM »
TnT simply NOT ready. We might beat USA's "B" side, as we did last November. But we not ready for USA "A" team. They FAR more prepared and they are more experienced at international level. Just look at the types teams they play against? We playing against Grenada and a Tobago XL, and we expect to beat the USA? Fail to prepare, prepare to fail............

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: June 24, 2009, 08:31:40 PM »
TnT simply NOT ready. We might beat USA's "B" side, as we did last November. But we not ready for USA "A" team. They FAR more prepared and they are more experienced at international level. Just look at the types teams they play against? We playing against Grenada and a Tobago XL, and we expect to beat the USA? Fail to prepare, prepare to fail............

.......and preparation begins at the youth level.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: June 24, 2009, 08:45:45 PM »
Congratulations to America,its a pity your country will not understand what you have just done.

Offline southeastPOS

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: June 24, 2009, 09:37:01 PM »
This is some kind of alternate universe or something or what.
 I was in D hospital and at work all day, so i now looking at D replay.
And my cousin just fu*k it up for mah, after ah put tape on the bottom of D screen.
I have one thing to say WTF, WTF,WTF.     
If ah make bake on top de stove they call it roasted bake.
If ah fry it they call it fry bake.
So if ah make it in the oven what they go call it bake bake?.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 24, 2009, 09:49:23 PM »
Second half USA played NO FOOTBALL whatsoever. They parked all of City Gate and Morvant Taxi Stand in fron the goal.

When Chelsea did that against Barca, it was genius though....  :P

What ever you say. Check the possession stats from that game.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #644 on: June 24, 2009, 09:52:40 PM »
I for one ain't shedding a tear for Spain after they beat my team in the Euros.
Good for the USA.

Offline WARRIORKING

• Deep into weaponry
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: June 24, 2009, 11:24:57 PM »
this wins proves if you play hard all game no matter who the opposition a win is always possible. and hard play and alot of confidence is the american way. always feeling u are the best even if it might not be the case. thats the problem with Trinidad players and supporters you give your opponents to much respect ,i dont care who it is stop riding them like a mechanic bull  and have self confidence. and only then you will not be considered bums
My lyrical tendency`s equivalent to a critical felony
Precise behind bars like a criminal`s penalty
Pinnacle definitely, hold so much jewels in my miracle memory
It`s like I`m a physical treasury
I was born with a difficult destiny, not your typical mentally
Givin my vision through treacheries

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 25, 2009, 01:26:07 AM »
OH SHIT WHAT IS DIS I SEEIIINNN???????? I NOW CHECKIN D SCORE AND USA WIN??????? LAWWDD FA-DA!!
SPAIN? WHAPPEN??? SPAIN!!!!!!???!!!!!!!

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 25, 2009, 05:02:19 AM »
U.S. sends shockwaves across Europe with win against Spain

The United States' memorable bid for the ultimate tournament rally lives on. A night of stubborn, committed defending and opportunistic sniping saw the United States upend mighty Spain 2-0 in an absolute stunner.

Just a few days earlier, Bob Bradley's men had been written off as finished in the Confederations Cup. But a brave, highly improbable three-goal win over Egypt pushed the United States into the tournament semifinals and arranged the stage for Wednesday's shocker. Still, few gave the United States much of a chance against the world's No. 1 side, a fluid Spanish team blessed with elegant midfielders and prolific strikers.

Now a date with either Brazil or South Africa awaits on Sunday (the Brazilian giants and the Confederation Cup hosts meet on Thursday in the second semifinal). But Bradley's side, full of properly channeled fight and purpose in Wednesday's 2-0 win, has surely won some absolution after a spring of performances that ranged from OK to indifferent to fairly pitiful.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 25, 2009, 06:14:43 AM »
USA! USA! USA!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 25, 2009, 06:47:19 AM »
Well done USA...

Dont hate, appreciate and emulate.

Get over November 19th...players have come and gone and the USA has a strong squad.

They hardly ever get embarrassed or blown out more than a 2-0 from the top teams in the world.

The next fifa ranking having them beaten Spain, and playing against Brazil, Italy and beating Egypt will shoot them up the rankings...not to mention the last few WCQ.

Why we cannot appreciate that basics, fitness and hard work will reap dividends.

You dont have to like them but respect them.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 25, 2009, 07:01:50 AM »
Well done USA...

Get over November 19th...players have come and gone and the USA has a strong squad.

They hardly ever get embarrassed or blown out more than a 2-0 from the top teams in the world.

The next fifa ranking having them beaten Spain, and playing against Brazil, Italy and beating Egypt will shoot them up the rankings...not to mention the last few WCQ.

Why we cannot appreciate that basics, fitness and hard work will reap dividends.

Steups.....rock so with yuh cool, calm and collectiveness this early hour of the morning.... :devil: ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 25, 2009, 07:11:12 AM »
Well done USA...

Exactly
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 25, 2009, 07:11:42 AM »
Well done USA...

nail on the head.. rite here

so much trini does dis the USA Team..

Yet still plenty ah we does live here, work and pay taxes, make and bring up children, buy house, travel all over the 50 States etc...

I for one supporting USA to win the Confed. Cup.  That might shut up dem assholes in FIFA who find 3.5 places is too much for concacaf..  :beermug:
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 25, 2009, 07:22:29 AM »
Enter Altidore after being sent on loan in Spain, history places him versus Spain in the Confed and well, hmmm ... one wonders how that will play out ... in Spain.

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 25, 2009, 07:22:57 AM »

Poor job Spain. Goals win games, and Spain didn't put them away. Capavilla dunce; defender should stand his grounds, instead of winey on Atidore ass.

Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 25, 2009, 07:26:53 AM »
Well done USA...

nail on the head.. rite here

so much trini does dis the USA Team..

Yet still plenty ah we does live here, work and pay taxes, make and bring up children, buy house, travel all over the 50 States etc...

I for one supporting USA to win the Confed. Cup.  That might shut up dem assholes in FIFA who find 3.5 places is too much for concacaf..  :beermug:

So because people living here and traveling and earning a living that mean people must automatically like their football team?  allyuh men good oui!  All ah allyuh who want to cash een allyuh lifelong allegiances along with allyuh passports for the sake of some economic opportunity, etc., etc., etc., are free to do so.  Nobody doh criticize allyuh fuh supporting the usa, if dize where allyuh heart is.  But doh lecture nobody about hating on them if dize where their heart sway dem.  Yuh think it doh have foreigners living in T&T that does dislike certain aspects of our culture?     

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 25, 2009, 07:34:59 AM »

I never knew football was won and lost with possession stats.
Games were determined by goals last I checked.
2 - nil is no fluke. That is a deserved win
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #657 on: June 25, 2009, 07:45:32 AM »
Trinidad draw with Sweden playing what I would describe kindly as "backs to the wall" football and people feel we should be dominating Concacaf, and vex that we ent build on that GREAT result.

The US beat Spain 2-0 and is a setta "Spain didn't show up", "not full strength Spain" and "US defend for the whole 2nd half". Nothing wrong with supporting your side, that is the point of a fan site but don't try to couch your bias as some type of objective analysis.

The US beating Spain is a big result, but Spain lose to South Korea not too long back, Northern Ireland even more recently. The US is on the level with a decent 2nd tier European team so the US beating Spain is less of a shock than TnT beating the US.  They don't have the type of creative playmakers that always seem to pop up in a Croatia, Bulgaria or Romania but they have the basics and a big player pool.

When we say the players average or lack flair we always have to remember that everyting is relative and them players playing at better clubs than most of our players and most of them would walk into a TnT line-up. And that is considering that, player-wise, the US has had better teams than this in recent times
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 25, 2009, 07:47:21 AM »
Congratulations to America,its a pity your country will not understand what you have just done.

Yuh hit de nail on de head! Dat is why, while I am happy for the USA's success, it galls me that ordinary Americans probably don't even realize that there is a Confederation Cup competition going on, never mind the fact that the USA has beaten one of the top class teams in the world.

I guess from the USA's point of view, it has to keep winning in order to generate more interest in the sport.

It's too bad though; countries like Guatemala and Honduras that have such passionate football fans are not fortunate enough to savour the success of their teams on the international stage.

I just had someone at my job the other day talking about her husband teaching her son some of that "soccer crap".  ???

Hopefully comments like these are in the minority in the States.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #659 on: June 25, 2009, 07:53:56 AM »

I never knew football was won and lost with possession stats.
Games were determined by goals last I checked.
2 - nil is no fluke. That is a deserved win

Yuh wasting your time Marcos. The "goalposts" for what is good football will always change. The word during the Barca-Chelsea games was that despite Barcelona having much more possession, Chelsea had more chances. Never mind they miss the chances (i.e. not that great football after all).

Here the US create chances too and (shocker) actually score goals but now possession is how you evaluate a team's performance. That is the kind of blinkered logic yuh does get from these analysts.

I wouldn't even concede that the possession stats for Chelsea were so great. I remember the possesion stats for the first Barcelona game was almost 70% in Barcelona's favour. Once yuh get into to them regions boasting about possession stats is an exercise in semantics. Whether one had 30% and the next one 25% both of them get outplayed.

Edited to add:

I just waste 5 minutes of my time looking at Elan's possession stats:

Barcelona - Chelsea 1st Leg (from Soccernet)
Time of Possession  71%  30%

Chelsea - Barcelona 2nd Leg (from Soccernet) 
Time of Possession  29%  71% 

Spain - USA (from FIFA)
56% Possession (%) 44%

Yuh right Elan the possession stats say that US spend more time defending against Spain than Chelsea against Barcelona.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 08:01:26 AM by JDB »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

1]; } ?>