March 28, 2024, 06:43:46 AM

Author Topic: Confederations Cup Thread  (Read 120431 times)

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Confederations Cup Thread
« Reply #990 on: June 29, 2009, 08:41:18 PM »
Of all the people who saying that T&T players have poor first touch, I eh hear any of them point out how many times the Brazilian players showed poor first touch during that last game. Who else notice that?

I notice that.  I couldn't believe it.  But by they second touch it was back on though.  So if you not there by their first touch forget it.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: June 29, 2009, 10:31:35 PM »
Of all the people who saying that T&T players have poor first touch, I eh hear any of them point out how many times the Brazilian players showed poor first touch during that last game. Who else notice that?

for the most part, the first touch look good to me. Davies speed caused some discomfort in the 1st half and whole tournament Kaka just look a little off when receiving the ball to me. i not sure how he won tournament mvp. doh talk about ramires in the semis and the final. but in the 2nd half when Brazil really up the tempo, them fellas look sharp. Considering the pace that the US plays at, and you realize they couldn't get near the Brazilians, it seems to me Brazilian technique was sharp. maybe i was too caught up in the game and really didn't pay enough attention. but it didn't stand out beyond Kaka and Ramires.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #992 on: June 29, 2009, 10:36:16 PM »

I notice that.  I couldn't believe it.  But by they second touch it was back on though.  So if you not there by their first touch forget it.

i eh see dat, i was watching this whole confed cup and only wishing our players had a good first touch or even ah good second touch.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: June 30, 2009, 01:52:52 AM »
Seleçao comeback ends U.S. dream

Clint Dempsey sobbed as the Americans walked up to get their second-place medals, unable to hide the pain and the disappointment any longer.

The euphoria of knocking off Spain last week dissolved Sunday in the Confederations Cup final when Brazil unleashed its "Beautiful Game."

After dominating the five-time World Cup champions in the first half, the Americans were powerless as Brazil scored three goals in the final 45 minutes to rally for a 3-2 win.

(continue)

Reality BITES!!! After joy, comes sorrow.  After laughter comes cryter.  Better luck next time. (whenever THAT happens.)

I'm proud of my team. They had a great tournament and made it all the way to the final, where they gave Brazil a run for their money. Sent the European Champions packing along the way, too.

Besides, I don't see what you're gloating about. T&T would have gotten dusted by every team in that tournament, and you know it. Try that one on for "reality".

You may be right about that one but at least we know we place.   Like I read here, anyone can put 10 men behind the ball.  Did you see how Landon celebrated after he score, pointing to himself say "Me Me"  Did you see any of that crap from Brazil?  :)  Even in the interviews after the game Zeppo coach and Landon showed no class.  Acting like if "their" unforced errors "gave" Brazil the game.  scheeeuuupss.  And what dude crying for?  Acting like someone robbed him?  Like they were ever expected to win.   Acting like a spoiled brat again.  No football class whatsoever.  
Doh worry , they have many more tears tuh cry once they step up in the big pond. they manhandled and vanquished all concacaf opponents, but they're no longer the big fish in the small pond, now it's the other way around.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #994 on: June 30, 2009, 07:11:29 AM »
You may be right about that one but at least we know we place.   Like I read here, anyone can put 10 men behind the ball.  Did you see how Landon celebrated after he score, pointing to himself say "Me Me"  Did you see any of that crap from Brazil?  :)  Even in the interviews after the game Zeppo coach and Landon showed no class.  Acting like if "their" unforced errors "gave" Brazil the game.  scheeeuuupss.  And what dude crying for?  Acting like someone robbed him?  Like they were ever expected to win.   Acting like a spoiled brat again.  No football class whatsoever.  

How is crying when your team lost showing no football class? How many times have we seen athletes cry when they lose a match? Even when they weren't favourites. All it showed is that the result meant something to him, as it should. Why shouldn't the Americans think that they're going to win? What's the point in playing at that level if you don't have ambition to win? I didn't care for Donavan's celebration either, but again, haven't we seen far more tactless or down right offensive celebrations than that? His was mild (at worse) and I didn't like it because football is a team game... nothing more.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: June 30, 2009, 08:08:31 AM »

Allyuh really ridiculous dread.

First off Donovan's interview was very very sportsmanlike.  He said they (Brazil) deserved it in the end, and they showed why they are rated as highly as they are. 

Bradley commented on the early second half goal throwing them off their game plan...that's natural- that's not unsportsmanlike... that's just the truth.  No where did they take anything away from Brazil. 

As for the crying, it's obvious that the U.S. really got themselves up for this game (as did Brazil)...and they saw this as one of, if not the biggest moment in their careers.  It's easy for you to sit back and dismiss U.S. football and their footballers, but a day in their shoes will probably show you that just like any other pro football player, they have aspirations of being the best- Dem fellas going tuh work everyday and working their asses off for the love of the game just like any pro football player from any country...And to make matters worse they flying their flag to the best of their ability, and a large % of the people they sweating it out for, doh even know, or don't even care...you think that is a small deal? Is men livelihood yuh talkin' about....and this was the biggest game of their lives so far- some of these guys will probably never get a chance like that again, and like it or not, despite being underdogs, to them it will feel like they let it slip away...They probably saw this as a chance to finally reap some reward and against the odds get some recognition for the hard work they put in as pro atheletes...and after all that, it still wasn't enough....and that is painful. 

Anyone expected T&T to qualify for the World Cup in 1989?  Dwight Yorke bawling down the place was a lack of class huh? Or did somebody rob him? steupsss....I eh no Captain America but allyuh really ridiculous dread. 

The ESPN commentary on the other hand, in large part was very one-sided.  Really only focussed on the American perspective which I didn't think was professional especially if it were an international broadcast (was it an international broadcast?)...But that was no reflection on the U.S. team, players or management. 
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 08:25:33 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: June 30, 2009, 08:50:08 AM »

First off Donovan's interview was very very sportsmanlike.  He said they (Brazil) deserved it in the end, and they showed why they are rated as highly as they are. 

Bradley commented on the early second half goal throwing them off their game plan...that's natural- that's not unsportsmanlike... that's just the truth.  No where did they take anything away from Brazil. 

As for the crying, it's obvious that the U.S. really got themselves up for this game (as did Brazil)...and they saw this as one of, if not the biggest moment in their careers.  It's easy for you to sit back and dismiss U.S. football and their footballers, but a day in their shoes will probably show you that just like any other pro football player, they have aspirations of being the best- Dem fellas going tuh work everyday and working their asses off for the love of the game just like any pro football player from any country...And to make matters worse they flying their flag to the best of their ability, and a large % of the people they sweating it out for, doh even know, or don't even care...you think that is a small deal? Is men livelihood yuh talkin' about....and this was the biggest game of their lives so far- some of these guys will probably never get a chance like that again, and like it or not, despite being underdogs, to them it will feel like they let it slip away...They probably saw this as a chance to finally reap some reward and against the odds get some recognition for the hard work they put in as pro atheletes...and after all that, it still wasn't enough....and that is painful. 

Anyone expected T&T to qualify for the World Cup in 1989?  Dwight Yorke bawling down the place was a lack of class huh? Or did somebody rob him? steupsss....I eh no Captain America but allyuh really ridiculous dread. 

The ESPN commentary on the other hand, in large part was very one-sided.  Really only focussed on the American perspective which I didn't think was professional especially if it were an international broadcast (was it an international broadcast?)...But that was no reflection on the U.S. team, players or management. 

As per usual, spot on  :applause:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: June 30, 2009, 09:17:07 AM »
That is a good perspective right dey...

I wasn't vex for the crying but I was still confused at de time... because I fine they reach far so they shoulda be happy... because I woulda be happy like pappy to be on de medals podium...

but ah guess thais just de trini in me... win or lose we go wine on a bumcee...

let de men and dem cry yes... (I personally enjoy they tears though)  :devil:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #998 on: June 30, 2009, 10:14:31 AM »
I remember losing a match to Cuba in 1999 2-3. Nobody expected us to be close to Cuba for that match, but we suprised them and led 2-1 at one point. They got a fortunate decision from the umpire and then we had a legitimate penalty disallowed. When the final whistle went men bawl like someone dead. Losing is a disappointing this for an athlete. Well said, kicker.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: June 30, 2009, 10:46:41 AM »

Allyuh really ridiculous dread.First off Donovan's interview was very very sportsmanlike.  He said they (Brazil) deserved it in the end, and they showed why they are rated as highly as they are. 

ENT!

you know i watching him crying and thinking dat some ass(es) go post some sh&t bout dat on here, Kicker yuh handle it well though.

on ah related note how come non ah de anti-american, america-haters, dempsey(and de other white boys haters) eh post nothing bout dempsey lil Michael Jackson dance move after he score?? whapn allyuh sleeping on de job or what? come nah man allyuh could extend dis thread by two pages talking bout dat. how dare he do dat wid he WHITE arrogant, just-score-against-brazil self???
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #1000 on: June 30, 2009, 10:53:14 AM »
ENT!

you know i watching him crying and thinking dat some ass(es) go post some sh&t bout dat on here, Kicker yuh handle it well though.

on ah related note how come non ah de anti-american, america-haters, dempsey(and de other white boys haters) eh post nothing bout dempsey lil Michael Jackson dance move after he score?? whapn allyuh sleeping on de job or what? come nah man allyuh could extend dis thread by two pages talking bout dat. how dare he do dat wid he WHITE arrogant, just-score-against-brazil self???

I see that for the first time yesterday on one of the many many ESPN replays - I thought it was a classy tribute.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: June 30, 2009, 10:58:19 AM »
ENT!

I see that for the first time yesterday on one of the many many ESPN replays - I thought it was a classy tribute.

Not sure how much of it was a classy tribute and how much of it was in gest/sarcasm or just a humorous response (in good spirit most likely) to the South African press' inquiry prior to the match, about the impact of Michael Jackson's death on the U.S. team morale going into the game their potential celebrations should they have won. 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YIi81vGoQhA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YIi81vGoQhA</a>
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 11:06:49 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: June 30, 2009, 11:10:43 AM »

Come nah man. Everybody know Michael Jackson was white.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #1003 on: June 30, 2009, 11:19:17 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YIi81vGoQhA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YIi81vGoQhA</a>

:rotfl:

and for a fact, the first reporter was Spanish ... notice how he said, "Donovan, I want to make you a question" .... Rafa Benitez does say the same exact thing

2nd reporter seemed seemed to have an Arabic/ Middle Eastern accent - probably even Egytpian.

3rd reporter: didn't have too much on that guy, but he was probably a reporter who couldn't get a visa to enter the US.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 11:24:50 AM by acb »
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: June 30, 2009, 11:22:07 AM »

Kick i hear you and Wolfman.  If you look @ Landon interview again he said Brazil probably deserve to win.  Probably  I don't mind you repin your country and fighting hard in the game.  But the truth is they act like they bigger than the game and it's only a matter of time before the receive their true entitlement as kings of football.  Bradley felt like he had to make an excuse for why Brazil came back and of course is the players making mistakes.  What about "we fought a good game, I'm really proud of my guys. Our guys did well, Brazil had to much class for us today. etc etc.  Even with Landons comment to the reporter's question about football's development in the US.  He acted like that wasn't a legit question.  scheeups.  If it's like you have an orange in your throat to give props to a team like Brazil in a tourney like this.   You got issues.  Even the commentary is seldom about the game.  Allyuh could close allyuh eye if you want.   In international football there is a certain amount of respect for the game that even goes above the teams.  Most big teams understand this.  You pay your dues on your way up.  The US always acts entitled but they haven't paid their dues and it comes across in front the camera.

Hey and Yorke was crying because the entire stadium was crying. We were expected to win. I think there is a difference here.  

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: June 30, 2009, 11:30:58 AM »

What??!!  :o  I miss that lil dance completely....chups, as anti-american, american hater, I real fall down on this one...damn!!.... ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: June 30, 2009, 11:32:50 AM »
is kind of weird to hear reporters asking questions about MJ when the confed cup have the association with foe. good speech given by foe's son at the beginning of the game.

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: June 30, 2009, 11:32:55 AM »

Wham to allyuh boy?  What allyuh bringing race in this for? ;D  And Fyzoman,  I am a FOOTBALL FAN.  A FAN of FOOTBALL.  I like to see good players, Good brand and class.  

This is class below.  Maybe allyuh haven't seen it for a while.

e9b7cbcbb139797d7a615a8519af1eba-getty-fbl-wc2010-confed-usa-bra-match16.jpg

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: June 30, 2009, 11:47:04 AM »

:rotfl:

and for a fact, the first reporter was Spanish ... notice how he said, "Donovan, I want to make you a question" .... Rafa Benitez does say the same exact thing

2nd reporter seemed seemed to have an Arabic/ Middle Eastern accent - probably even Egytpian.

3rd reporter: didn't have too much on that guy, but he was probably a reporter who couldn't get a visa to enter the US.
      These were rediculous questions to ask the US team before an important game like this,i thought they handled the questions well but they are there for Soccer,i could see Donavan like he asking himself what the hell going on?anybody would be put in a spot in their situation.
       They really thought they could and wanted to win this game and that's the attitude and mentality any team should have regardless to who they playing,this game was very important not only for them but for the culture of the game in the US,they are fighting to put the game on par with other American sports.
       What amazes me is to see how MJ death affected Trinis,i was on a Soccer Camp last week and the death of MJ came up and half the kids did not know who MJ was.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: June 30, 2009, 11:58:47 AM »
 :rotfl: I dying here...

I cyah believe but I think I actually like Donovan and Bradley and Team USA soccer just ah little bit more after that...

just ah "unph" though... only ah "unph"   :rotfl:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: June 30, 2009, 12:39:26 PM »

he skin turn white
but he SEED still Black ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: June 30, 2009, 01:02:31 PM »

Allyuh really ridiculous dread.First off Donovan's interview was very very sportsmanlike.  He said they (Brazil) deserved it in the end, and they showed why they are rated as highly as they are. 

ENT!

::)
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: June 30, 2009, 01:23:44 PM »
Seleçao comeback ends U.S. dream

Clint Dempsey sobbed as the Americans walked up to get their second-place medals, unable to hide the pain and the disappointment any longer.

The euphoria of knocking off Spain last week dissolved Sunday in the Confederations Cup final when Brazil unleashed its "Beautiful Game."

After dominating the five-time World Cup champions in the first half, the Americans were powerless as Brazil scored three goals in the final 45 minutes to rally for a 3-2 win.

(continue)

Reality BITES!!! After joy, comes sorrow.  After laughter comes cryter.  Better luck next time. (whenever THAT happens.)

I'm proud of my team. They had a great tournament and made it all the way to the final, where they gave Brazil a run for their money. Sent the European Champions packing along the way, too.

Besides, I don't see what you're gloating about. T&T would have gotten dusted by every team in that tournament, and you know it. Try that one on for "reality".

See how yuh chupid?!  I am simply gloating because, as an anti-usmnt, I glad to see y'all suffer no matter at who's hands and no matter how much more advanced your country may be than mine.  I'll break it down for you:  there are many an Everton or a Hull fan that were happy to see Barcelona undress manu in the CL Final.  I'll break it down even simpler for you in tearms you can REALLY understand:  You don't think there were many people here in New York that were happy to see Orlando eliminate the celtics?  Who cares how bad the Knicks are?!  :rotfl:  Besides, I am not like my more enthusiastic compatriots that have a delusional sense of where T&T football stands in the world, nor do even our most ardent and blinded supporters act with any sense of entitlement as you and yours do, so that grenade you lobbed is a pure dud, lil' fella.   You know what really makes it look bad for y'all though?  Most respectable teams can drop ten men back in defense and preserve a two-goal lead for 45 minutes.  Your's wasn't, and neither would they have been able to overcome a two-goal deficit like Brazil did. Well, at least not against no "BIG" side, right?  Don't worry though, y'all have the gold cup to look forward to.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: June 30, 2009, 01:40:09 PM »

I wasn't vex for the crying but I was still confused at de time... because I fine they reach far so they shoulda be happy... because I woulda be happy like pappy to be on de medals podium...

Trinbagonians = Mediocraty

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: June 30, 2009, 02:19:46 PM »

Trinbagonians = Mediocraty  Mediocrity

You muss be a Trinbagonian too then, but ah fix it fuh yuh.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: June 30, 2009, 02:23:05 PM »

Trinbagonians = Mediocraty  Mediocrity

You muss be a Trinbagonian too then, but ah fix it fuh yuh.
dis forum have ah spellcheck???   :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: June 30, 2009, 02:36:03 PM »
These are the most retarded questions ever by the media !!...come South Africa...is that the best u can come up with ??
Warrior For Life !!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: June 30, 2009, 03:12:11 PM »
Imagine if we progress to de finals of the GC nex time we eligible and ah reporter ask we "do you tink you can flog your opponent in the north, south, east, and west?"  :rotfl:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: July 01, 2009, 07:59:17 AM »
U.S. team takes positives from the Confederations Cup

With apologies to Charles Dickens, the Confederations Cup performance of the U.S. men's national team can be neatly described as "A Tale of Two Teams," because without question, the Americans' South African sojourn saw them experience the best of times and the worst of times. The question now is, which team will show up during the rest of World Cup qualifying, as well as in South Africa next summer? Will it be the side that struggled early during the tournament or the one that finished with a flourish, even in losing a heartbreaking final to Brazil?

Some encouraging developments point to the latter outcome. Although the bench of manager Bob Bradley seemed a bit thin by the end of the tournament, he established some much-needed depth in certain parts of the field. For much of the past year, spots usually opened up because a player was underperforming. But players such as Jonathan Spector, Jay DeMerit, Benny Feilhaber and Ricardo Clark saw their stocks rise during the tournament. The same holds true for more established veterans such as Oguchi Onyewu. When the full team reconvenes in August and injured absentees such as Steve Cherundolo, Brian Ching and Maurice Edu heal, the team will have some competition for places that has been lacking at times during this World Cup cycle.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

1]; } ?>