March 28, 2024, 09:59:02 AM

Author Topic: If kenwayne Jones was English  (Read 14367 times)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: If kenwayne Jones was English
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2009, 10:12:11 PM »
Harsh harsh harsh ,we support all our players whether they doing great or not .We should for ken to ,I guess .I really doh know what to say about Kenwyne and Jason ,maybe Ken going true a slump ,so I could forgive him ,Jason ..whatever .but I do know Tinto score and them couldn do that .
I was hoping negative reinforcement will inspire these guys ,to prove us wrong ,but either they doh read here or they prove me wrong especially Jason ,cause we real pong him here and he still trow away goals .
But I want them to do well in England and have great success ,.....but trini needs goals from our strikers and them looking like they just on strike oui .
best give Stern back his spot or Kendall or who ever else could simply create a likkle gold dust for us .

PPl saying is not there fault ,there not getting support or passes or whatever ...well fine then dont pick them .Its like bringing a knife to a gun fight . Pick somebody who will help create his own shots ,sorry but if the mid ent supplying them ,they only there for show . 
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 10:22:32 PM by Quagmire »

Offline makaveli

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2009, 10:14:14 PM »
He would be an English shithong! People talkin about he would be dis and dat if was at a big side and get better coach an sh1te; but the bottomline is he still aint lookin like he doin his part tuh improve. Say wat about Dwight he worked on becomin the player that made big side spend money on him because he showed a hunger and performed when he went to United. Jones get a big contract based on potential and aint win shite and he acting like he reach. Ah waitin for an interview when he talkin about all the hard work he puttin to improve the things even a greenhorn like myself can see he stll can't do as a damn professional. Come on when is he going to take responsibility for trying tuh take things to the next level or is it as good as it gets which he already knows and people out there don't want to accept it?
Breds , jones scored 12 goals this season in all competition,and he missed almost half the season, the top scorer in the epl had 19 goals (anelka) and he played all season long with ah better supporting cast.

Kj not only had 12 goals in all competitions, but he had the top assist for his club. i not making no excuses for him BC i think he was capable of much better, but that ain't bad for ah fella who just came off ah serious injury and might be still injured somewhat.

i watched the mexico game 3times now and when i analize the tape, KJ wasn't getting any service, none period, the only half ah chance he had was when daniel played that ball in for him and he kicked it straight @ the keeper who fumbled the ball.

scotty is the man who got all the chances tuh score and blew it. all the hype made KJ one of the most fared striker in concacaf and the EPL! i never see ah man get doubled and trippled teamed as much as KJ, that's why it's really hard for him tuh score, he needs much better service from club and country. we have big players , but we don't know how tuh untilize them. an hope latas get it right for the remaining fixtures.

BTW, he out scored the following big players,
zamora,
dempsey,
utaka,
adebayor,
alves, mido,
roberts,
martins,
owens,
tevez,
fabregas,
maluda,
defoe,
saha,
bendtner,
 berbatov,
steven ireland,
creg bellamy,
drogba,
callou,
ashley
young,
sean write phillips,
emile hesky,
jermain jennas,
roque santa cruz,
xabi alonzo,
theo walcott.

that list seriously flawed...half of them are not even strikers...the other half in teams where they are not the primary strikers or they have a vast strike force

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2009, 12:03:04 AM »
TnT fans is jokers.

Last year Kenwyne was the next Drogba and shoulda go Liverpool. When Kev mention that his work off the ball is poor and his game have flaws, men say that Sunderland is a shit side.

Now he have some bad games for TnT and he is a shithound?

Kenwyne is a young player. He is big, strong and he scores goals. Whatever TnT fans might want him to be or expect him to be he is what he is a very useful player. Could he be better, absolutely but that that don't make him a shit hound. It also doesn't guarantee that replacing him will win us games because none of the competition for his place is head and shoulders above him. No problem giving him a rest to try something different but the criticism is over the top.

Is nothing new though, before Kenwyne, it was Stern. And now it is Ince too. It seems that the players never good enough to play for this BIG, BIG side TnT, that never win anything more than a Shell Cup and have a tinpot federation. The fans vex that, because of the players, we bottom of the Hex instead of cruising to the WC. I could understand hope and even optimism but what this expectation is based on is beyond me.

If I was Kenwyne and I read this board I would put allyuh out of allyuh misery and retire so allyuh wouldn't have to "suffer" the shithound again.

Hey I was de one saying dat last year and fighting down Kev., I am the same one who came back and told Kev ah sorry dat he damn right.

Jones is ah shit pot...fro T&T and if he retire from we team, is no difference to we goal scoring or lack of it..steups.  Sunderland is still a shit side.

But looking at jones' demeanour, he real pissing me off.

I wish dey drop he ass, he cyar trap (and by the way Just cool that is what first touch is, yuh have to trap fus...)he cyar pASS PROPERLY, AND HE SIMPLY HAVE HE HEAd UP HE ASS WHEN it comes to running of the ball and positioning.

Leh he read dis and retire nah...steups           He cyar tie Stern John boots

There's always next season.  ;D

I'm done with the Kenwyne debate as I said last time.  He is what he is, he can be a lot better if he wants to be, I'm just not sure he does.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2009, 01:44:38 AM »
He would be an English shithong! People talkin about he would be dis and dat if was at a big side and get better coach an sh1te; but the bottomline is he still aint lookin like he doin his part tuh improve. Say wat about Dwight he worked on becomin the player that made big side spend money on him because he showed a hunger and performed when he went to United. Jones get a big contract based on potential and aint win shite and he acting like he reach. Ah waitin for an interview when he talkin about all the hard work he puttin to improve the things even a greenhorn like myself can see he stll can't do as a damn professional. Come on when is he going to take responsibility for trying tuh take things to the next level or is it as good as it gets which he already knows and people out there don't want to accept it?
Breds , jones scored 12 goals this season in all competition,and he missed almost half the season, the top scorer in the epl had 19 goals (anelka) and he played all season long with ah better supporting cast.

Kj not only had 12 goals in all competitions, but he had the top assist for his club. i not making no excuses for him BC i think he was capable of much better, but that ain't bad for ah fella who just came off ah serious injury and might be still injured somewhat.

i watched the mexico game 3times now and when i analize the tape, KJ wasn't getting any service, none period, the only half ah chance he had was when daniel played that ball in for him and he kicked it straight @ the keeper who fumbled the ball.

scotty is the man who got all the chances tuh score and blew it. all the hype made KJ one of the most fared striker in concacaf and the EPL! i never see ah man get doubled and trippled teamed as much as KJ, that's why it's really hard for him tuh score, he needs much better service from club and country. we have big players , but we don't know how tuh untilize them. an hope latas get it right for the remaining fixtures.

zamora,
dempsey,
utaka,
adebayor,
alves, mido,
roberts,
martins,
owens,
tevez,
fabregas,
maluda,
defoe,
saha,
bendtner,
 berbatov,
steven ireland,
creg bellamy,
drogba,
callou,
ashley
young,
sean write phillips,
emile hesky,
jermain jennas,
roque santa cruz,
xabi alonzo,
theo walcott.

that list seriously flawed...half of them are not even strikers...the other half in teams where they are not the primary strikers or they have a vast strike force
Who said anything bout strikers mr meticulous, if yuh want tuh nit pick go right ahead , but i said, and i repeat , he out scored these big name players! no where did i say here's ah list of STRIKERS he out scored!!

allyuh just like tuh look for small little things tuh out shine and denigrate ah man eh!

the top scorer for the season was anelka , followed by ronaldo , who mind you is ah midfielder.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 12:33:04 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2009, 01:49:36 AM »
TnT fans is jokers.

Last year Kenwyne was the next Drogba and shoulda go Liverpool. When Kev mention that his work off the ball is poor and his game have flaws, men say that Sunderland is a shit side.

Now he have some bad games for TnT and he is a shithound?

Kenwyne is a young player. He is big, strong and he scores goals. Whatever TnT fans might want him to be or expect him to be he is what he is a very useful player. Could he be better, absolutely but that that don't make him a shit hound. It also doesn't guarantee that replacing him will win us games because none of the competition for his place is head and shoulders above him. No problem giving him a rest to try something different but the criticism is over the top.

Is nothing new though, before Kenwyne, it was Stern. And now it is Ince too. It seems that the players never good enough to play for this BIG, BIG side TnT, that never win anything more than a Shell Cup and have a tinpot federation. The fans vex that, because of the players, we bottom of the Hex instead of cruising to the WC. I could understand hope and even optimism but what this expectation is based on is beyond me.

If I was Kenwyne and I read this board I would put allyuh out of allyuh misery and retire so allyuh wouldn't have to "suffer" the shithound again.

Hey I was de one saying dat last year and fighting down Kev., I am the same one who came back and told Kev ah sorry dat he damn right.

Jones is ah shit pot...fro T&T and if he retire from we team, is no difference to we goal scoring or lack of it..steups.  Sunderland is still a shit side.

I wish dey drop he ass, he cyar trap (and by the way Just cool that is what first touch is, yuh have to trap fus...)he cyar pASS PROPERLY, AND HE SIMPLY HAVE HE HEAd UP HE ASS WHEN it comes to running of the ball and positioning.

Boss i know dat better than you!! i doh want tuh match whits wid you, but yuh ever heard of collecting ah ball? what about ah volley. first touch means just that, whether it's trapping , passing, collecting or volleying, it mean first touch proffessor!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2009, 06:56:37 AM »
IF KJ was an Englishman:

He would be on the long list of players that are always mentioned with the squad.

He would get a random call up for a lower level friendly and then be judged on his performance at training camp and match day, but AT PRESENT I don't think he will ever be a regular fixture in any England line-up.

He has miles to go before he is good enough to meet the expectations of the England faithful.

He is good enough to be considered
He is good enough to get a call up
He is good enough to have a good game
But he is not good enough to be consistent on the international level in Europe.
Currently he is not good enough to be a regular fixture in the England line-up

He has room to improve and hopefully he continues to work and someday he will be that good that we wont even have to ask this question.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 07:04:27 AM by marcus »

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2009, 07:38:17 AM »

zamora,
dempsey,
utaka,
adebayor,
alves, mido,
roberts,
martins,
owens,
tevez,
fabregas,
maluda,
defoe,
saha,
bendtner,
 berbatov,
steven ireland,
creg bellamy,
drogba,
callou,
ashley
young,
sean write phillips,
emile hesky,
jermain jennas,
roque santa cruz,
xabi alonzo,
theo walcott.

nah breds that was Stead!!! and the 19 goals for anekla was only in the EPL, not counting champions league and FA cup. if yuh quoting stats quote d right ting so folks could put wat yuh saying in to proper perspective. now take those stats and compare KJ again and tell him if yuh verdict is d same. bottom line, IMO he is not a striker. he would never make ah england side with that rapist touch he have. beckham cudnt make d team because of his fitness...yuh think fabio go play KJ with dat touch and lack of work rate? please!!!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 07:49:56 AM by fordy »
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2009, 07:38:41 AM »
Fellas here is the scene, KJ has not score for us because our system isn't build around him.  It's build around Yorke.  At top flight if you are left without a good supporting role you are toast. e.g KJ   Other than Carlos nobody can get around guys and play the ball into KJ or Stern for than matter.  Most of the time you have KJ chasing scraps. What u want the man to do?

from the contract that he signed, and the players brought in - Sunderland is built around him, and still he can't score regularly for them. Carlos on that side too, and he can't get it over consistently/ effectively to him there - and he can't do the same here either.

If Stern scoring from scraps for years - why can't KJ do the same??

big post!!

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2009, 08:02:06 AM »

zamora,
dempsey,
utaka,
adebayor,
alves, mido,
roberts,
martins,
owens,
tevez,
fabregas,
maluda,
defoe,
saha,
bendtner,
 berbatov,
steven ireland,
creg bellamy,
drogba,
callou,
ashley
young,
sean write phillips,
emile hesky,
jermain jennas,
roque santa cruz,
xabi alonzo,
theo walcott.

nah breds that was Stead!!! and the 19 goals for anekla was only in the EPL, not counting champions league and FA cup. if yuh quoting stats quote d right ting so folks could put wat yuh saying in to proper perspective. now take those stats and compare KJ again and tell him if yuh verdict is d same. bottom line, IMO he is not a striker. he would never make ah england side with that rapist touch he have. beckham cudnt make d team because of his fitness...yuh think fabio go play KJ with dat touch and lack of work rate? please!!!
Carlton Cole has a better first touch than Kenwyne?

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2009, 08:08:24 AM »

zamora,
dempsey,
utaka,
adebayor,
alves, mido,
roberts,
martins,
owens,
tevez,
fabregas,
maluda,
defoe,
saha,
bendtner,
 berbatov,
steven ireland,
creg bellamy,
drogba,
callou,
ashley
young,
sean write phillips,
emile hesky,
jermain jennas,
roque santa cruz,
xabi alonzo,
theo walcott.

Carlton Banks from fresh prince of bel-air have a better first touch than Jones I sure

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2009, 08:54:33 AM »
Look up our great strikers rate, against, Mexico, USA, Costa Rica, even Canada etc...Except for Stern's 2 against Mexico in 2006  :beermug: (which we all remember like yesterday)...tell me when we strikers run rampant with big score rate....as a matter of fact check any position score rate against them....unfortunately, KJ & Scotty, and anybody else rarely get the Guyana, DR, Barbados, Grenada, St Vincent, St.Kitts, Bermuda etc games (friendlies and otherwise)...so their fans can get to see how them smaller teams could shut them down all kinda ways too...since the fans know so much footbal, it must be a memory issue, so here, Flex to the rescue...boy we real use to challenge dem teams boy
http://www.socawarriors.net/mens-senior-team/fixtures-results.html

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2009, 09:07:16 AM »

zamora,
dempsey,
utaka,
adebayor,
alves, mido,
roberts,
martins,
owens,
tevez,
fabregas,
maluda,
defoe,
saha,
bendtner,
 berbatov,
steven ireland,
creg bellamy,
drogba,
callou,
ashley
young,
sean write phillips,
emile hesky,
jermain jennas,
roque santa cruz,
xabi alonzo,
theo walcott.

Sure he does. He is also a better striker than KJ too. You see him controlling the ball and being able to turn and run and defenders and making good one two passes for West Ham...look at the last goal he scored for them....straight one to two touch football and then he bury it....never see KJ do dem kinda ting for club nor country.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2009, 09:31:52 AM »
"...never see KJ do dem kinda ting for club nor country."

Oh ok, so he probably cyah do it...and no good...  ah doh know if to  :rotfl: or  :'(..so best I  :-X

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2009, 10:45:04 AM »
If Jones was English he would have gone the same route as most hyped English players that don't quite live up to all the talk. They live off the hype fuh a few seasons (sometimes quite a few!!) getting one or two big money moves then as they continually fail to produce...they fade, not always into obscurity but certainly they drop divisions or if their lucky end up a squad player with the lesser premiership teams. Jones still has time to come good (And I hope he does) but here are some examples anyway:

Zamora....very hyped at Brighton, England U-21 international, went to Spurs and bombed, dropped a division with the Hammers and was very average there. The fans certainly didn't take to him. Now at Fulham....only still there cause none of the other 5 strikers have set the world alight either.

Francis Jeffers....the big Everton hope before Rooney, went to Arsenal with huge hype. Where is the "Fox in the box" now?

Carlton Cole.....big hype when at Chelsea, England U-21. Many loan moves...none very successful. Now at West Ham, where he is a decent player but certainly no Drogba clone like some were saying.

(This one is slightly harsh)Dean Ashton...hyped at Crewe, went to Norwich and lived up to the hype, went to the Hammers were he got an England cap (was it against us?) but has played so infrequently due to injury, they thinking of offloadin him. Difficult to know if he is the real deal as he only has had one full season (in the top league) out of Four at West Ham.

Marcus Bent (not Darren)....big hype when joining literally every club he has played for ( and he has played for a lot)...was best at Sheffield Utd & Ipswich when playing with Darren Bent. Tends to have a good/decent first season then fades the next and moves on. Certainly no hype now...think he bench warms fuh Birmingham now.

That is just a few, there are loads more I'm sure you guys could think of...but the story is generally the same. They bounce around Teams playing average to mediocre but still people willing to try just in case they come good again. Even if Kenwyne continue playing tutu for the rest of his career he still will be in the Premier league for a few seasons yet, mainly due to the occasional amazing peformance, his size (English managers love ah big target man) and age if nothing else.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 10:48:30 AM by Rodney »

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2009, 10:56:40 AM »

Dude you is ah rell asshole wit da shit you talk dey oui.  Firstly the man can trap a ball, he may not be the best at it but don't lie on the man.  As JC point out it is impossible to be a bad passer (on a shit side as you call them) and people execute well enough for him to have such an assist rate.  The man miss a good portion ah games and score more than quite a few notable strikers who either wasn't injured for any sustained periods of time or none at all.  What fackin demeanor you upset about?  De man tell any ah f**kin allyuh he reach somewey?  All it take is one cont to say some jackassness an ah setta man label de man as thinkin he reach.  So now he have ah attitude problem right?  Allyuh gettin on like foreign teams invadin TnT lablash fuh f**kin strikers.  If de team could find ways to use his attributes he would score goals.  Look ah shit side like Sunderland and all does get him balls to score.  But ah bit of a dry spell and lack of service to boot in the national team make him ah shithong ent?!  Why allyuh cunnyholes doesn't jus shut allyuh cont when allyuh schupid is beyond me oui.

If KJ was englishe he would be in the 1st XI ahead of Heskey and that is a guarantee.  I am actually ah Heskey fan but I see no reason why Heskey would start ahead of KJ.  If Crouch could get starts there is no reason KJ couldn't start for England had he been English.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2009, 11:01:35 AM »
I have a question for you guys, after analyzing the current corp. of English strikers {men like Heskey} I was thinking if Kenwayne Jones was English could he make this England team?

Bally, was it your intention to create a KJ bashing thread, or just to ask men to speculate? cause if we doing dat, we could start by saying he mighta be a boxer/cricketer/or whatever??? but ok if he was ah english footballer? he mighta be youngest to ever play for england cause he mighta been discovered by Ferguson at age 9 who noticed his impeccable first touch when he first see him.

KJ would have gotten dat first touch from attending de Bryan Robson soccer school since age 4, because his dad (Pamphille?? He woulda be english too right, or was KJ just born in England?)was good friends wid Bryan from dey days playing on the English National team....and on and on.

Bally doh get me wrong eh, it's an ok thread buy wayyy, men just take off on de KJ bashing, but dais de forum for yuh.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2009, 11:17:32 AM »

zamora,
dempsey,
utaka,
adebayor,
alves, mido,
roberts,
martins,
owens,
tevez,
fabregas,
maluda,
defoe,
saha,
bendtner,
 berbatov,
steven ireland,
creg bellamy,
drogba,
callou,
ashley
young,
sean write phillips,
emile hesky,
jermain jennas,
roque santa cruz,
xabi alonzo,
theo walcott.

OK fella, what about the season that roy keane completed and sunderland survived, didn't KJ won players of the season and had the most assist.

about anelka, didn't he score the most goals in the prem this yr with 19 goals and won the golden boot, and cristiano scored 18! why complicate the issue with nit picking, ah swear sometimes allyuh men does go on worst than jamett oman.

look the results here!  http://www.premierleague.com/page/Statistics/0,,12306,00.html
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 11:33:06 AM by just cool »

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2009, 11:24:47 AM »
aside: did sunderland make the wrong move trading stern to southampton for KJ?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2009, 11:31:57 AM »

zamora,
dempsey,
utaka,
adebayor,
alves, mido,
roberts,
martins,
owens,
tevez,
fabregas,
maluda,
defoe,
saha,
bendtner,
 berbatov,
steven ireland,
creg bellamy,
drogba,
callou,
ashley
young,
sean write phillips,
emile hesky,
jermain jennas,
roque santa cruz,
xabi alonzo,
theo walcott.

Sure he does. He is also a better striker than KJ too. You see him controlling the ball and being able to turn and run and defenders and making good one two passes for West Ham...look at the last goal he scored for them....straight one to two touch football and then he bury it....never see KJ do dem kinda ting for club nor country.
And i never see carlton cole jump 9 ft high out jumping the defence to head ah ball @ full speed pass no keeper! how many strikers in the prem have that ability?

BTW i want tuh believe KJ scored the same amount of goals as carlton cole this pass season, and he only played half ah season with minimal service. could you imagine if he had the service carlton cole was getting? so wid all his pretty touch, it's still goals that matter , and KJ scoring goals, so what's yuh beef. ssttuueeppsss
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 11:43:12 AM by just cool »

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2009, 11:35:07 AM »
And i never see carlton cole jump 9 ft high out jumping the defence and head ah ball @ full speed pass no keeper! how many strikers in the prem have that ability?

BTW i want tuh believe KJ scored same amount of goals as carlton cole this pass season, and he only played half ah season with minimal service. could you imagine if he had the service carlton cole was getting? so wid all his pretty touch, it's still goals that matter , and KJ scoring goals, so what's yuh beef. ssttuueeppsss

If he get to the Spurs as was rumored then dey go see how deadly he could be.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 11:44:47 AM by Flickin Killa »

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2009, 01:55:54 PM »
Why?
Hart for president

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2009, 02:14:42 PM »
Why?

Better service, better finishing, more goals!!

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2009, 02:52:03 PM »
The question evokes much discussion; much heat and little light, but we are fans that is why I like this forum.  We could pretend to be the best players, most knowledgeable football gurus, and prophets without being responsible for what we say.  Having said that, here are the what ifs that must be taken into consideration.

What if Kenwyne Jones was English:
Would he have developed more skills by this time?
Would he have been playing striker since age 14 and not starting at 19?
Would he have been a midfield player?
Would he have been exposed to a football academy to make him a more advanced player?
Would he have been a fast bowler?
Would he have even played football?

So, the assumption is that he is English but developed in exactly the way he would have growing up in Trinidad and now would he have been on the English team.  The point I am making is that we are asking what if, but not also realizing that a lot of things about his life and development would have been very different, so the question cannot be fairly answered.  Kenwyne is a very good Trinidad and Tobago striker.  Case closed!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2009, 03:20:38 PM »

zamora,
dempsey,
utaka,
adebayor,
alves, mido,
roberts,
martins,
owens,
tevez,
fabregas,
maluda,
defoe,
saha,
bendtner,
 berbatov,
steven ireland,
creg bellamy,
drogba,
callou,
ashley
young,
sean write phillips,
emile hesky,
jermain jennas,
roque santa cruz,
xabi alonzo,
theo walcott.

And i never see carlton cole jump 9 ft high out jumping the defence to head ah ball @ full speed pass no keeper! how many strikers in the prem have that ability?

BTW i want tuh believe KJ scored the same amount of goals as carlton cole this pass season, and he only played half ah season with minimal service. could you imagine if he had the service carlton cole was getting? so wid all his pretty touch, it's still goals that matter , and KJ scoring goals, so what's yuh beef. ssttuueeppsss

yuh really need to watch all the teams before commenting on them horse. Carlton Cole was injured for a period of time during the season as well and sometimes Zola was trying out other strikers so he sat on de bench....i will check and see how much games they both played. you are right, cole cant out jump KJ....but the other attributes cole brings to the table KJ cant....first touch, scoring a wide variety of goals (not primarily headers), passing, movement off d ball, natural strikers instincts etc!!! let me ask you this...if u put KJ as a striker with Barca...arguably the best midfield in d world...yuh think he will score as much goals as Eto? or even half as much? make sure u think carefully before answering! my beef is KJ fits the sunderland system because thats the kinda football they play in england...wing play and cross...so it suits what he does best...jump 9ft and head d ball. however, you pull him out of that system and he looks horrible because he does not have the other attributes of a striker. not even a good first touch! but men lookin at him on Fox and rating him when he scores with headers and think he is this great striker. there are other attributes in the game he needs to work on and badly. he certainly has the age and tools to get to that level but right now he aint no where close. i shudder to think he leaves sunderland and goes to another european league right now...like spain or itlay...they will eat him alive because he stands there waiting for the ball. he has alot of work to do and i hope as a young player he doesnt think like some of you on this site and think to himself he is an elite striker in world football. an elite striker can be pulled from one system into another and fit like a glove....KJ currently cant do that. hence y u see the displays for the national team! :beermug:

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2009, 04:19:31 PM »
stay strong KJ
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2009, 04:24:27 PM »

zamora,
dempsey,
utaka,
adebayor,
alves, mido,
roberts,
martins,
owens,
tevez,
fabregas,
maluda,
defoe,
saha,
bendtner,
 berbatov,
steven ireland,
creg bellamy,
drogba,
callou,
ashley
young,
sean write phillips,
emile hesky,
jermain jennas,
roque santa cruz,
xabi alonzo,
theo walcott.

yuh really need to watch all the teams before commenting on them horse. Carlton Cole was injured for a period of time during the season as well and sometimes Zola was trying out other strikers so he sat on de bench....i will check and see how much games they both played. you are right, cole cant out jump KJ....but the other attributes cole brings to the table KJ cant....first touch, scoring a wide variety of goals (not primarily headers), passing, movement off d ball, natural strikers instincts etc!!! let me ask you this...if u put KJ as a striker with Barca...arguably the best midfield in d world...yuh think he will score as much goals as Eto? or even half as much? make sure u think carefully before answering! my beef is KJ fits the sunderland system because thats the kinda football they play in england...wing play and cross...so it suits what he does best...jump 9ft and head d ball. however, you pull him out of that system and he looks horrible because he does not have the other attributes of a striker. not even a good first touch! but men lookin at him on Fox and rating him when he scores with headers and think he is this great striker. there are other attributes in the game he needs to work on and badly. he certainly has the age and tools to get to that level but right now he aint no where close. i shudder to think he leaves sunderland and goes to another european league right now...like spain or itlay...they will eat him alive because he stands there waiting for the ball. he has alot of work to do and i hope as a young player he doesnt think like some of you on this site and think to himself he is an elite striker in world football. an elite striker can be pulled from one system into another and fit like a glove....KJ currently cant do that. hence y u see the displays for the national team! :beermug:
Maybe that's why he cyar score for us as of yet, maybe this system don't fit him. ;D

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2009, 04:48:27 PM »
I think KJ's recent poor run for the national team is a combination of fatigue, poor form and injury. But he is a very good player albeit with some things to work on. i've seen him live when he is on form and confident and his touch is good, his movement is good and he is a fighter. the guy who got his knee wrecked by David James is who I talking about.

KJ needs a good break..physically and mentally. You'll be surprised how much that will do for him. Poor fella..I think he means so much for his teams..Sunderland and T&T that they take risks on him and dat youth must be does take some serious physical abuse..now he getting de fan abuse. truth is..we should be asking Latas, Maturana, Sbragia etc..why dey trying to squeeze de last pieces out of a physically and mentally broken striker. We doh have anything better at the moement in their estimation. Dread KJ was limping aftre 10 minutes against Mexico and bandage up tight. But I never hear KJ complain, whine, or anything. Seems like a top class pro.

It take Carlos almost 2 years to look like more than an Intercol player in the EPL after his injuries. KJ came back after a long injury layoff and did very well. 10 goals in 29 EPL games is fantastic after surgery. Improvement from last year in many ways..but some parts of his game were stunted as Sunderland was in a relegation dog fight from earlies..so I feel KJ didn't learn more of the finer arts of his trade. It was a case of go in there and be a physical presence and get your head to the ball. Dat is my guess.

De youth eh lazy..but he gone through for the season. He might have a little attitude now too..cuz that business hard dread. Even de faqns who say they love does mash you up. I feel plenty of them fellas does develop a thick skin to protect themselves..not to be arseholes just cuz they feel they reach.

We'll see how we boy look once he get a little rest. T&T needs him at his best. But we can't get the best out of him now..Lewwe not pretend this is the best and only way we ever see KJ play. He's shown great potential and the best is yet to come. In the meantime, we need to have faith in the viable alternatives when men like KJ fall off. Competition for places will make them all better
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 04:50:49 PM by Filho »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2009, 05:13:19 PM »
I think KJ's recent poor run for the national team is a combination of fatigue, poor form and injury. But he is a very good player albeit with some things to work on. i've seen him live when he is on form and confident and his touch is good, his movement is good and he is a fighter. the guy who got his knee wrecked by David James is who I talking about.

KJ needs a good break..physically and mentally. You'll be surprised how much that will do for him. Poor fella..I think he means so much for his teams..Sunderland and T&T that they take risks on him and dat youth must be does take some serious physical abuse..now he getting de fan abuse. truth is..we should be asking Latas, Maturana, Sbragia etc..why dey trying to squeeze de last pieces out of a physically and mentally broken striker. We doh have anything better at the moement in their estimation. Dread KJ was limping aftre 10 minutes against Mexico and bandage up tight. But I never hear KJ complain, whine, or anything. Seems like a top class pro.

It take Carlos almost 2 years to look like more than an Intercol player in the EPL after his injuries. KJ came back after a long injury layoff and did very well. 10 goals in 29 EPL games is fantastic after surgery. Improvement from last year in many ways..but some parts of his game were stunted as Sunderland was in a relegation dog fight from earlies..so I feel KJ didn't learn more of the finer arts of his trade. It was a case of go in there and be a physical presence and get your head to the ball. Dat is my guess.

De youth eh lazy..but he gone through for the season. He might have a little attitude now too..cuz that business hard dread. Even de faqns who say they love does mash you up. I feel plenty of them fellas does develop a thick skin to protect themselves..not to be arseholes just cuz they feel they reach.

We'll see how we boy look once he get a little rest. T&T needs him at his best. But we can't get the best out of him now..Lewwe not pretend this is the best and only way we ever see KJ play. He's shown great potential and the best is yet to come. In the meantime, we need to have faith in the viable alternatives when men like KJ fall off. Competition for places will make them all better

I doh know wha de hell does be wrong with some ah allyuh men nah. Who de hell tell you we wanted rationale and logic in dis topic?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2009, 08:49:38 PM »
stay strong KJ
yes. say shhh.  I heard from an informant that he surfs this forum every now and then

1]; } ?>