March 28, 2024, 09:25:15 AM

Author Topic: If kenwayne Jones was English  (Read 14366 times)

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
If kenwayne Jones was English
« on: June 14, 2009, 08:42:12 AM »
I have a question for you guys, after analyzing the current corp. of English strikers {men like Heskey} I was thinking if Kenwayne Jones was English could he make this England team?
Empty barrels make the most noise

Dumplingdinho

Re: If kenwayne Jones was English
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 08:51:10 AM »
I have a question for you guys, after analyzing the current corp. of English strikers {men like Heskey} I was thinking if Kenwayne Jones was English could he make this England team?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

he cant even score a goal in de concacaf.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 09:07:47 AM »
Yeah he definitely would be in front of Carlton Cole and Fabio would get more out of him. based on the hype last year, he would probably be ahead of Crouch too.

i think he actually did outscore Heskey, Crouch and Carlton Cole this year too.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 09:11:53 AM »
 :D Oh gord all yuh almost make meh choke with this thread... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: ah love this site!!!...be serious!!!

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 10:00:14 AM »
if he was english...i think he would be a much better striker then how he is right now...people have to remember he was a defencer before coming a striker...for me i don't think he a pure striker i think he develop in to one that people like...i guess?

Offline cm103

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 10:02:45 AM »
He would be under more pressure to perform for his spot....if he was English that is.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 10:18:00 AM »
Fellas here is the scene, KJ has not score for us because our system isn't build around him.  It's build around Yorke.  At top flight if you are left without a good supporting role you are toast. e.g KJ   Other than Carlos nobody can get around guys and play the ball into KJ or Stern for than matter.  Most of the time you have KJ chasing scraps. What u want the man to do?
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 10:35:57 AM »
Fellas here is the scene, KJ has not score for us because our system isn't build around him.  It's build around Yorke.  At top flight if you are left without a good supporting role you are toast. e.g KJ   Other than Carlos nobody can get around guys and play the ball into KJ or Stern for than matter.  Most of the time you have KJ chasing scraps. What u want the man to do?

from the contract that he signed, and the players brought in - Sunderland is built around him, and still he can't score regularly for them. Carlos on that side too, and he can't get it over consistently/ effectively to him there - and he can't do the same here either.

If Stern scoring from scraps for years - why can't KJ do the same??
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 10:51:00 AM »
If Stern scoring from scraps for years - why can't KJ do the same??

Doesn't possess the same striker instincts?
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009, 10:59:58 AM »
how many judgement times i have to tell allyuh d boy named KENWYNE not KENWAYNE.  o gosh boy
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2009, 11:03:22 AM »
wha is de role of de forward again?????

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2009, 11:13:33 AM »

So explain why stern does score?  our system is not built around yorke although one can argue that he is the lynchpin of de midfield.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2009, 11:18:55 AM »
if he was english, he would be valued at about 20 million pounds not 12 million, the hype around him would be triple what it is at the moment, and he would be playing for a top 6 club, not sunderland.

if he was english, they would make sure he have all the right tools to develop, and he would probably be a much more refined player than the one we seeing right now.

at world cup 2006, i said that i didnt think Peter Crouch could start in our natural team, yet he was starting for england.

i think he would crack that side easy.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2009, 12:32:05 PM »
if he was english...i think he would be a much better striker then how he is right now...people have to remember he was a defencer before coming a striker...for me i don't think he a pure striker i think he develop in to one that people like...i guess?

yes najee, yuh right....not to put words in yuh mouth eh, but yuh seem to be ah fella who know football, so doh 'think' he would be ah much better striker right now, go ahead and say it, he would definitely be a much better striker right now, look if he was english, he woulda done play bout 4/5 years for Manu ahready and Barcelona/Real/AC or Inter Milan woulda be looking to buy him
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2009, 12:40:42 PM »
He cant handle to pressure of a little nation like TnT, you think he could handle the pressure of the Queen, entire UK, and their paparazzi?

giggsy11

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2009, 01:49:37 PM »
He would be an English shithong! People talkin about he would be dis and dat if was at a big side and get better coach an sh1te; but the bottomline is he still aint lookin like he doin his part tuh improve. Say wat about Dwight he worked on becomin the player that made big side spend money on him because he showed a hunger and performed when he went to United. Jones get a big contract based on potential and aint win shite and he acting like he reach. Ah waitin for an interview when he talkin about all the hard work he puttin to improve the things even a greenhorn like myself can see he stll can't do as a damn professional. Come on when is he going to take responsibility for trying tuh take things to the next level or is it as good as it gets which he already knows and people out there don't want to accept it?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 02:05:59 PM by giggsy11 »

Offline Father Abraham

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2009, 02:51:23 PM »
kenwyn jones is a shit hound, he not good at the highest level. he is not a striker

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2009, 03:04:29 PM »
He would be an English shithong! People talkin about he would be dis and dat if was at a big side and get better coach an sh1te; but the bottomline is he still aint lookin like he doin his part tuh improve. Say wat about Dwight he worked on becomin the player that made big side spend money on him because he showed a hunger and performed when he went to United. Jones get a big contract based on potential and aint win shite and he acting like he reach. Ah waitin for an interview when he talkin about all the hard work he puttin to improve the things even a greenhorn like myself can see he stll can't do as a damn professional. Come on when is he going to take responsibility for trying tuh take things to the next level or is it as good as it gets which he already knows and people out there don't want to accept it?
Breds , jones scored 12 goals this season in all competition,and he missed almost half the season, the top scorer in the epl had 19 goals (anelka) and he played all season long with ah better supporting cast.

Kj not only had 12 goals in all competitions, but he had the top assist for his club. i not making no excuses for him BC i think he was capable of much better, but that ain't bad for ah fella who just came off ah serious injury and might be still injured somewhat.

i watched the mexico game 3times now and when i analize the tape, KJ wasn't getting any service, none period, the only half ah chance he had was when daniel played that ball in for him and he kicked it straight @ the keeper who fumbled the ball.

scotty is the man who got all the chances tuh score and blew it. all the hype made KJ one of the most fared striker in concacaf and the EPL! i never see ah man get doubled and trippled teamed as much as KJ, that's why it's really hard for him tuh score, he needs much better service from club and country. we have big players , but we don't know how tuh untilize them. an hope latas get it right for the remaining fixtures.

BTW, he out scored the following big players,
zamora,
dempsey,
utaka,
adebayor,
alves, mido,
roberts,
martins,
owens,
tevez,
fabregas,
maluda,
defoe,
saha,
bendtner,
 berbatov,
steven ireland,
creg bellamy,
drogba,
callou,
ashley
young,
sean write phillips,
emile hesky,
jermain jennas,
roque santa cruz,
xabi alonzo,
theo walcott.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2009, 03:09:57 PM »
kenwyn jones is a shit hound, he not good at the highest level. he is not a striker
Breds i understand yuh frustration, i does say that too when i watching him and in the heat of the moment, but after i calm down and analize the situation, the reality is , the man for the whole hex eh get ah proper ball tuh his head and we all know how dangerous the man is in the air.

that's called ah lack of service. lets hope we could rectify that for the up coming fixtures.

PS: ah shit hound don't shine in the EPL for half ah season comming out with 10 goals , and three in the cup games. no way!!! ah sh!t hound can't achieve that!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 04:49:52 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2009, 04:23:49 PM »
Am Kenwyne Jones Biatchh.yeahhhhh

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2009, 04:29:04 PM »
PS: ah shit hound don't shine in the EPL for half ah season comming out with 10 goals , and three in the cup games. no way!!! ah sh!t hound can't achieve that!
true true

next ting ah man go shout that Adebayor is ah shithong :devil:
right FLi! :rotfl:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

giggsy11

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2009, 06:22:25 PM »
Breds , jones scored 12 goals this season in all competition,and he missed almost half the season, the top scorer in the epl had 19 goals (anelka) and he played all season long with ah better supporting cast.

Kj not only had 12 goals in all competitions, but he had the top assist for his club. i not making no excuses for him BC i think he was capable of much better, but that ain't bad for ah fella who just came off ah serious injury and might be still injured somewhat.

i watched the mexico game 3times now and when i analize the tape, KJ wasn't getting any service, none period, the only half ah chance he had was when daniel played that ball in for him and he kicked it straight @ the keeper who fumbled the ball.

scotty is the man who got all the chances tuh score and blew it. all the hype made KJ one of the most fared striker in concacaf and the EPL! i never see ah man get doubled and trippled teamed as much as KJ, that's why it's really hard for him tuh score, he needs much better service from club and country. we have big players , but we don't know how tuh untilize them. an hope latas get it right for the remaining fixtures.

zamora,
dempsey,
utaka,
adebayor,
alves, mido,
roberts,
martins,
owens,
tevez,
fabregas,
maluda,
defoe,
saha,
bendtner,
 berbatov,
steven ireland,
creg bellamy,
drogba,
callou,
ashley
young,
sean write phillips,
emile hesky,
jermain jennas,
roque santa cruz,
xabi alonzo,
theo walcott.

Actually my opinion was not addressing anything to do with him scoring goals or why he not scoring goals but on his apparent inability to do the basics constantly as well as his apparent low football IQ!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2009, 06:40:13 PM »

zamora,
dempsey,
utaka,
adebayor,
alves, mido,
roberts,
martins,
owens,
tevez,
fabregas,
maluda,
defoe,
saha,
bendtner,
 berbatov,
steven ireland,
creg bellamy,
drogba,
callou,
ashley
young,
sean write phillips,
emile hesky,
jermain jennas,
roque santa cruz,
xabi alonzo,
theo walcott.

Actually my opinion was not addressing anything to do with him scoring goals or why he not scoring goals but on his apparent inability to do the basics constantly as well as his apparent low football IQ!
In case yuh didn't know my friend, goals win matches, and strikers are there to score goals , not look pretty while scoring them.

giggsy11

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2009, 07:16:09 PM »

zamora,
dempsey,
utaka,
adebayor,
alves, mido,
roberts,
martins,
owens,
tevez,
fabregas,
maluda,
defoe,
saha,
bendtner,
 berbatov,
steven ireland,
creg bellamy,
drogba,
callou,
ashley
young,
sean write phillips,
emile hesky,
jermain jennas,
roque santa cruz,
xabi alonzo,
theo walcott.

In case yuh didn't know my friend, goals win matches, and strikers are there to score goals , not look pretty while scoring them.

No scene-In case YOU don't know my friend a 'professional' footballer should be able to trap a ball as well as make a basic pass. Yuh boy can't do neither! You actually think people on this forum think Jones is a shithoung because he aint scoring goals or because of his apparent inability to consistenty do the basics?

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2009, 08:05:57 PM »

zamora,
dempsey,
utaka,
adebayor,
alves, mido,
roberts,
martins,
owens,
tevez,
fabregas,
maluda,
defoe,
saha,
bendtner,
 berbatov,
steven ireland,
creg bellamy,
drogba,
callou,
ashley
young,
sean write phillips,
emile hesky,
jermain jennas,
roque santa cruz,
xabi alonzo,
theo walcott.

No scene-In case YOU don't know my friend a 'professional' footballer should be able to trap a ball as well as make a basic pass. Yuh boy can't do neither! You actually think people on this forum think Jones is a shithoung because he aint scoring goals or because of his apparent inability to consistenty do the basics?
Stop lying on the man! the fella's first touch is obviously not up to par, i would even go as far as too say say below par, but it's not as bad as you suggested. he's also not the best trapper of ah ball like those top notch players he's up against, but his passing is not bad @ all, and tuh prove that it ain't, last season and this season he topped his team in assist, now you tell me this , if ah fella can't pass, how the hell he's has such ah high assist rate.

remember i watch all KJ'S EPL games, and so far there nothing to suggest that he can't pass, and what he lacks in first touch and trapping he more than make up in other areas like holding up the ball and winning headers, he's up the with the very best! he's also ah great defensive forward with ah hihg work rate.  bottom line, the man needs proper service.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 08:08:34 PM by just cool »

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2009, 08:08:31 PM »

zamora,
dempsey,
utaka,
adebayor,
alves, mido,
roberts,
martins,
owens,
tevez,
fabregas,
maluda,
defoe,
saha,
bendtner,
 berbatov,
steven ireland,
creg bellamy,
drogba,
callou,
ashley
young,
sean write phillips,
emile hesky,
jermain jennas,
roque santa cruz,
xabi alonzo,
theo walcott.

Meanwhile, the bosses and fans who paying his wages think the world of him. As well as the other bosses willing to part with 20 million pounds for him. I guess they didn't get the memo that flaws = shithound.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 08:10:32 PM by Cool Beans »

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2009, 08:12:43 PM »

So explain why stern does score?  our system is not built around yorke although one can argue that he is the lynchpin of de midfield.

Point taken ACB but Nightmare here's the deal Stern is a different kind of striker than KJ with abilities that far surpasses KJ.  Stern can work the lone striker role a little better than KJ can.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2009, 08:21:09 PM »
TnT fans is jokers.

Last year Kenwyne was the next Drogba and shoulda go Liverpool. When Kev mention that his work off the ball is poor and his game have flaws, men say that Sunderland is a shit side.

Now he have some bad games for TnT and he is a shithound?

Kenwyne is a young player. He is big, strong and he scores goals. Whatever TnT fans might want him to be or expect him to be he is what he is a very useful player. Could he be better, absolutely but that that don't make him a shit hound. It also doesn't guarantee that replacing him will win us games because none of the competition for his place is head and shoulders above him. No problem giving him a rest to try something different but the criticism is over the top.

Is nothing new though, before Kenwyne, it was Stern. And now it is Ince too. It seems that the players never good enough to play for this BIG, BIG side TnT, that never win anything more than a Shell Cup and have a tinpot federation. The fans vex that, because of the players, we bottom of the Hex instead of cruising to the WC. I could understand hope and even optimism but what this expectation is based on is beyond me.

If I was Kenwyne and I read this board I would put allyuh out of allyuh misery and retire so allyuh wouldn't have to "suffer" the shithound again.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 08:23:25 PM by JDB »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2009, 08:46:48 PM »
TnT fans is jokers.

Last year Kenwyne was the next Drogba and shoulda go Liverpool. When Kev mention that his work off the ball is poor and his game have flaws, men say that Sunderland is a shit side.

Kenwyne is a young player. He is big, strong and he scores goals. Whatever TnT fans might want him to be or expect him to be he is what he is a very useful player. Could he be better, absolutely but that that don't make him a shit hound. It also doesn't guarantee that replacing him will win us games because none of the competition for his place is head and shoulders above him. No problem giving him a rest to try something different but the criticism is over the top.

Is nothing new though, before Kenwyne, it was Stern. And now it is Ince too. It seems that the players never good enough to play for this BIG, BIG side TnT, that never win anything more than a Shell Cup and have a tinpot federation. The fans vex that, because of the players, we bottom of the Hex instead of cruising to the WC. I could understand hope and even optimism but what this expectation is based on is beyond me.

If I was Kenwyne and I read this board I would put allyuh out of allyuh misery and retire so allyuh wouldn't have to "suffer" the shithound again.

Good...yuh save me some typing dey. Even if people want to call him a shithound...he's one of de best shithounds we have.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

truetrini

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2009, 09:15:03 PM »
TnT fans is jokers.

Hey I was de one saying dat last year and fighting down Kev., I am the same one who came back and told Kev ah sorry dat he damn right.

Jones is ah shit pot...fro T&T and if he retire from we team, is no difference to we goal scoring or lack of it..steups.  Sunderland is still a shit side.

But looking at jones' demeanour, he real pissing me off.

I wish dey drop he ass, he cyar trap (and by the way Just cool that is what first touch is, yuh have to trap fus...)he cyar pASS PROPERLY, AND HE SIMPLY HAVE HE HEAd UP HE ASS WHEN it comes to running of the ball and positioning.

Leh he read dis and retire nah...steups           He cyar tie Stern John boots

1]; } ?>