April 18, 2024, 02:41:15 AM

Author Topic: If kenwayne Jones was English  (Read 14453 times)

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Re: If kenwayne Jones was English
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2009, 04:48:24 AM »
What a thread LOL

LOL @ that list of players brought up, A significant amount of those players don't get the opportunities to score like Jones would and there is a number he DID NOT score more than that said other factors need to be taken into account he does not exactly have Robben and Ronaldo alongside him and he is a very good player in the air. Jones is a good player I just hope he hasn't lost drive to improve as a result of the league is playing in and finance otherwise he will end up going back down the leagues.
It's all good to big up Jones when things are going well, I even remember someone say he's better than Adebayor or even saying he should be playing in the top four but when things go back forums like this panic or write off someone lol.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 04:51:05 AM by Carib-Briton »

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2009, 06:26:04 AM »
I think KJ's recent poor run for the national team is a combination of fatigue, poor form and injury. But he is a very good player albeit with some things to work on. i've seen him live when he is on form and confident and his touch is good, his movement is good and he is a fighter. the guy who got his knee wrecked by David James is who I talking about.

KJ needs a good break..physically and mentally. You'll be surprised how much that will do for him. Poor fella..I think he means so much for his teams..Sunderland and T&T that they take risks on him and dat youth must be does take some serious physical abuse..now he getting de fan abuse. truth is..we should be asking Latas, Maturana, Sbragia etc..why dey trying to squeeze de last pieces out of a physically and mentally broken striker. We doh have anything better at the moement in their estimation. Dread KJ was limping aftre 10 minutes against Mexico and bandage up tight. But I never hear KJ complain, whine, or anything. Seems like a top class pro.

It take Carlos almost 2 years to look like more than an Intercol player in the EPL after his injuries. KJ came back after a long injury layoff and did very well. 10 goals in 29 EPL games is fantastic after surgery. Improvement from last year in many ways..but some parts of his game were stunted as Sunderland was in a relegation dog fight from earlies..so I feel KJ didn't learn more of the finer arts of his trade. It was a case of go in there and be a physical presence and get your head to the ball. Dat is my guess.

De youth eh lazy..but he gone through for the season. He might have a little attitude now too..cuz that business hard dread. Even de faqns who say they love does mash you up. I feel plenty of them fellas does develop a thick skin to protect themselves..not to be arseholes just cuz they feel they reach.

We'll see how we boy look once he get a little rest. T&T needs him at his best. But we can't get the best out of him now..Lewwe not pretend this is the best and only way we ever see KJ play. He's shown great potential and the best is yet to come. In the meantime, we need to have faith in the viable alternatives when men like KJ fall off. Competition for places will make them all better

Filho i hope you are right. Let's hope that he is able to recover if he is injured. But he still needs to understand that he has alot of work to do if he wants to become that elite striker. I believe he has the tools to become one...the drive...im not sure...let's hope so for his sake. :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Peter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2009, 06:28:18 AM »
BLASTED BANDWAGONISTS, all of you. Support your players through high and low, through thick and thin, stop the bashing and kicking them when they're down, instead bandwagonists- try to only offer support and speak constructive criticism. out.

We beating El Salvador in August!.
We beating El Salvador in August!.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 06:30:25 AM by Peter »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2009, 07:14:02 AM »
I think KJ's recent poor run for the national team is a combination of fatigue, poor form and injury. But he is a very good player albeit with some things to work on. i've seen him live when he is on form and confident and his touch is good, his movement is good and he is a fighter. the guy who got his knee wrecked by David James is who I talking about.

KJ needs a good break..physically and mentally. You'll be surprised how much that will do for him. Poor fella..I think he means so much for his teams..Sunderland and T&T that they take risks on him and dat youth must be does take some serious physical abuse..now he getting de fan abuse. truth is..we should be asking Latas, Maturana, Sbragia etc..why dey trying to squeeze de last pieces out of a physically and mentally broken striker. We doh have anything better at the moement in their estimation. Dread KJ was limping aftre 10 minutes against Mexico and bandage up tight. But I never hear KJ complain, whine, or anything. Seems like a top class pro.

It take Carlos almost 2 years to look like more than an Intercol player in the EPL after his injuries. KJ came back after a long injury layoff and did very well. 10 goals in 29 EPL games is fantastic after surgery. Improvement from last year in many ways..but some parts of his game were stunted as Sunderland was in a relegation dog fight from earlies..so I feel KJ didn't learn more of the finer arts of his trade. It was a case of go in there and be a physical presence and get your head to the ball. Dat is my guess.

De youth eh lazy..but he gone through for the season. He might have a little attitude now too..cuz that business hard dread. Even de faqns who say they love does mash you up. I feel plenty of them fellas does develop a thick skin to protect themselves..not to be arseholes just cuz they feel they reach.

We'll see how we boy look once he get a little rest. T&T needs him at his best. But we can't get the best out of him now..Lewwe not pretend this is the best and only way we ever see KJ play. He's shown great potential and the best is yet to come. In the meantime, we need to have faith in the viable alternatives when men like KJ fall off. Competition for places will make them all better

I doh know wha de hell does be wrong with some ah allyuh men nah. Who de hell tell you we wanted rationale and logic in dis topic?
very well put there Filho

and  :rotfl: to Bourbon
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2009, 07:34:54 AM »
IF KJ was an Englishman:

He is good enough to get a random call up for a lower level friendly
He is good enough to be at the bottom of a very long list
He is good enough to have a good game once in awhile
But he is NOT good enough to be consistent on the international level in Europe
Currently he is NOT good enough to be a regular fixture in any England line-up

If he continues to work, hopefully someday he will be that good that we wont even have to ask this question.

And for those of you saying this is a NEGATIVE THREAD, you are totally wrong. We don't want our athletes to be content with playing at a tier 2 skill level. Any competitor will take these comments and use it as motivation, if they stressing and folding under pressure well that speaks for itself. When ah man sick doh feed him sugar, yuh need to give him some bitter Buckleys. Is allyuh same men that does be telling these buss girls they lookin sweet.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 07:36:26 AM by marcus »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2009, 08:34:12 AM »
For supposedly big men alyuh real full of shit yes. Alyuh don't have nothing to do? Not one ah alyuh say anything viable or directly related to Jones being the player he is.

If Jones was English we would have never been "debating him so intensely"  ::) as we are. If Jones was English and was on the team he would have still been playing on a bigger shit side who does beat up on smaller teams. They have Wales, Georgia etc, we have Guyana, St. Kitts and Jamaica  :devil: of which we does celebrate men when they score against. Alyuh berating players who wasn't around to score a billion goal against grenada and Guadalupe in shell cup and what have you. But, berating the fellas for not scoring against Mexico in the Azteca when you will be hard press to find any T&T player - whether is the so called golden boys back in the haiti debacle days, or the almost Italia strike squad- that used to score against top opponent such as Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica and the USA. Show me differently.

Match Statistics by Opponent
Opponent                    Played   Wins   Losses    Draws    GF   GA    GD
Antigua and Barbuda     8       7           1         0         31    9     22
Aruba                             1       1           0          0         11    0     11
Austria                           1        0         1           0         1     4     -3
Azerbaijan                       2        2         0          0          3     0      3
Bahrain                           2        1         0           1         2     1       1
Barbados                   31         22       3           6        81    19    62
Bermuda                         9         5        2           2         17    6    11
Botswana 1 0 0 1 0 0 0
Canada 10 2 6 2 12 14 -2
Cayman Islands 3 3 0 0 19 2 17
China 1 0 1 0 0 3 -3
Colombia 3 1 2 0 4 8 -4
Costa Rica 22 3 15 4 15 46 -31
Cuba 14 11 2 1 30 13 17
Czech Republic 1 0 1 0 0 3 -3
Dominica 2 2 0 0 13 0 13
Dominican Republic 8 8 0 0 38 1 37

Egypt 1 0 1 0 1 2 -1
El Salvador 9 3 3 3 11 10 1
England 2 0 2 0 0 5 -5
Finland 5 2 2 1 7 6 1
French Guiana 2 2 0 0 4 1 3
Grenada 13 10 3 0 35 14 21
Guadeloupe 9 5 1 3 11 7 4
Guatemala 20 6 8 6 23 34 -11
Guyana 35 22 6 7 57 22 35
Haiti 28 13 13 2 44 46 -2
Honduras 14 2 6 6 14 20 -6
Iceland 1 1 0 0 2 0 2
Iraq 1 1 0 0 2 0 2
Ireland 1 1 0 0 2 1 1
Jamaica 59 25 24 10 77 72 5
Japan 1 0 1 0 0 2 -2
Kenya 1 0 0 1 1 1 0
Kuwait 1 0 1 0 1 1 0
Martinique 14 6 8 0 28 25 3
Mexico 16 3 11 2 12 38 -26
Morocco 2 0 2 0 0 3 -3
Netherlands Antilles 12 8 1 3 27 8 19
Nicaragua 1 1 0 0 3 1 2
Northern Ireland 1 0 1 0 0 3 -3
Norway 1 1 0 0 3 2 1
Panama 12 7 2 3 20 8 12
Paraguay 3 0 1 2 3 5 -2
Peru 2 1 0 1 3 2 1
Puerto Rico 5 4 0 1 28 4 24
Russian Federation 1 0 1 0 0 2 -2
Saudi Arabia 3 0 3 0 3 6 -3
Scotland 1 0 1 0 1 4 -3
Slovenia 1 0 1 0 1 3 -2
South Africa 2 1 1 0 3 2 1
South Korea 1 0 0 1 1 1 0
St. Kitts and Nevis 12 10 2 0 33 13 20
St. Lucia 4 1 2 1 7 4 3
St. Vincent and the Grenadines 13 8 3 2 30 12 18

Suriname 27 10 8 9 50 48 2
Sweden 2 0 1 1 0 5 -5
Taiwan 1 0 1 0 0 1 -1
Thailand 1 0 1 0 2 3 -1
United States 21 3 15 3 11 32 -21
Venezuela 5 0 2 3 2 6 -4
Virgin Islands (British) 2 2 0 0 6 0 6
Wales 1 0 1 0 1 2 -1

All this talk about scoring goals, have a look. We does score against Barbados and Guyana. All these great goal scorers you all putting down One s for eh have a claim if you put things into perspective. Grow up.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 08:36:39 AM by elan »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2009, 09:33:59 AM »
yuh really need to watch all the teams before commenting on them horse. Carlton Cole was injured for a period of time during the season as well and sometimes Zola was trying out other strikers so he sat on de bench....i will check and see how much games they both played. you are right, cole cant out jump KJ....but the other attributes cole brings to the table KJ cant....first touch, scoring a wide variety of goals (not primarily headers), passing, movement off d ball, natural strikers instincts etc!!! let me ask you this...if u put KJ as a striker with Barca...arguably the best midfield in d world...yuh think he will score as much goals as Eto? or even half as much? make sure u think carefully before answering! my beef is KJ fits the sunderland system because thats the kinda football they play in england...wing play and cross...so it suits what he does best...jump 9ft and head d ball. however, you pull him out of that system and he looks horrible because he does not have the other attributes of a striker. not even a good first touch! but men lookin at him on Fox and rating him when he scores with headers and think he is this great striker. there are other attributes in the game he needs to work on and badly. he certainly has the age and tools to get to that level but right now he aint no where close. i shudder to think he leaves sunderland and goes to another european league right now...like spain or itlay...they will eat him alive because he stands there waiting for the ball. he has alot of work to do and i hope as a young player he doesnt think like some of you on this site and think to himself he is an elite striker in world football. an elite striker can be pulled from one system into another and fit like a glove....KJ currently cant do that. hence y u see the displays for the national team! :beermug:

While yuh talk some sense here there are many very good and even great (or once viewed as such) strikers/ goal scorers that have went to other leagues/ clubs/ systems and flopped horribly so the idea that a great striker will prosper in any system isn't always accurate.  One easy example of this would be Schevchenko who was unstopable at Milan but a total waste for Chelsea.  Henry sucked at Juventus, Queresma (more of a winger but still qualifies) who was better than and projected to be what Ronaldo has become has flopped everywhere outside Portugal, Anelka flopped at Madrid & Liverpool, After Barcalona Kluivert flop everywhere else, Owen (who is very good when not injured) sucked at Madrid, Bergkamp sucked at Inter, Berbatov wasn't anything special while on the field at ManUre, Crespo wasn't as good at Chelsea and worse at Milan, and we can go on and on.  So to say that KJ can't just fit any system and thus isn't a good striker is rubbish.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2009, 10:32:46 AM »
yuh really need to watch all the teams before commenting on them horse. Carlton Cole was injured for a period of time during the season as well and sometimes Zola was trying out other strikers so he sat on de bench....i will check and see how much games they both played. you are right, cole cant out jump KJ....but the other attributes cole brings to the table KJ cant....first touch, scoring a wide variety of goals (not primarily headers), passing, movement off d ball, natural strikers instincts etc!!! let me ask you this...if u put KJ as a striker with Barca...arguably the best midfield in d world...yuh think he will score as much goals as Eto? or even half as much? make sure u think carefully before answering! my beef is KJ fits the sunderland system because thats the kinda football they play in england...wing play and cross...so it suits what he does best...jump 9ft and head d ball. however, you pull him out of that system and he looks horrible because he does not have the other attributes of a striker. not even a good first touch! but men lookin at him on Fox and rating him when he scores with headers and think he is this great striker. there are other attributes in the game he needs to work on and badly. he certainly has the age and tools to get to that level but right now he aint no where close. i shudder to think he leaves sunderland and goes to another european league right now...like spain or itlay...they will eat him alive because he stands there waiting for the ball. he has alot of work to do and i hope as a young player he doesnt think like some of you on this site and think to himself he is an elite striker in world football. an elite striker can be pulled from one system into another and fit like a glove....KJ currently cant do that. hence y u see the displays for the national team! :beermug:

While yuh talk some sense here there are many very good and even great (or once viewed as such) strikers/ goal scorers that have went to other leagues/ clubs/ systems and flopped horribly so the idea that a great striker will prosper in any system isn't always accurate.  One easy example of this would be Schevchenko who was unstopable at Milan but a total waste for Chelsea.  Henry sucked at Juventus, Queresma (more of a winger but still qualifies) who was better than and projected to be what Ronaldo has become has flopped everywhere outside Portugal, Anelka flopped at Madrid & Liverpool, After Barcalona Kluivert flop everywhere else, Owen (who is very good when not injured) sucked at Madrid, Bergkamp sucked at Inter, Berbatov wasn't anything special while on the field at ManUre, Crespo wasn't as good at Chelsea and worse at Milan, and we can go on and on.  So to say that KJ can't just fit any system and thus isn't a good striker is rubbish.

i hear yuh and yuh make a compelling arguement that these strikers who is seen as elite struggled once they moved to another system. however, in most of the cases you listed, it wasnt due to on the field circumstances why some of them struggled, it had more to do with the change in their physical climate. for example, henry struggled at juventus cause he wasnt the man there, he was very young and had issues off the field. when he moved to arsenal it was a better situation for him on a personal front. then he focused on his game and became the man there. he then moved to barca and struggled his first year...again more so to do with off the field instances...but look at the year he had last season! these fellas are human too and it takes time for them to adapt to their environment. once they do, they will flourish in watever system they are placed in. now having explained that, im sure you can go back and see exactly why all those names listed struggled once they moved.  :beermug:

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2009, 11:24:11 AM »

i know the point yuh making, but Owen was real deadly at Madrid. He get salt cuz they refuse to bench Raul and no way he was starting in front de fat man, but Owen was a killer in Madrid. His goals to games ratio was something else. Crespo was good at Milan too. Especially in the Champion's League. His double in the final deserved a winner's medal, plus he knock out ManU in the semis (i think). just an aside

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2009, 11:45:28 AM »
if we had someone serving "angus eve-esque" crosses to KJ i can guarantee we wouldnt be last right now...
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2009, 11:57:06 AM »
if we had someone serving "angus eve-esque" crosses to KJ i can guarantee we wouldnt be last right now...

the funny thing is I honestly don't remember KJ scoring all dat many headers last season. I saw a lot of scrap goals and a few 'striker's' finishes in and around the 6 yard box. but i just going off memory. two seasons ago he seemed to use his head alot more.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2009, 01:59:54 PM »

the funny thing is I honestly don't remember KJ scoring all dat many headers last season. I saw a lot of scrap goals and a few 'striker's' finishes in and around the 6 yard box. but i just going off memory. two seasons ago he seemed to use his head alot more.

I agree I really didn't see much headers from him.  He had some good finishes, even the ocasional off balance poke pass the keeper, but headers were few and far in between.  Madness make a good point, if we had a crosser like Eve on the team now KJ could well take advantage of his size.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2009, 02:42:41 PM »
Horse doh diss Owen in Madrid dred.
The man was actually killing it in Madrid.
Iz that run in Madrid that really made me respect the man.
Class player when fit
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2009, 02:52:02 PM »
Class player when fit

All that sound good but he didn't score enough goals given total appearances compared to back at Liverpool.  Everyone seems to evaluate KJs worth as a striker by goals so if that's the measuring stick at the end of the day all the players I listed flopped!  If we measuring by skill then I can bring a whole other list of players regarded as far more skilfull that didn't score nearly enough to justify the argument as well.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 05:23:44 PM by Flickin Killa »

Offline Giggsy's Chestwig

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2009, 05:19:56 PM »
TnT fans is jokers.

Last year Kenwyne was the next Drogba and shoulda go Liverpool. When Kev mention that his work off the ball is poor and his game have flaws, men say that Sunderland is a shit side.

Now he have some bad games for TnT and he is a shithound?

Standard procedure on this forum.

Btw, for all those comparing goal stats have got it all wrong.

Heskey isn't picked for England for his goalscoring prowess as he's not and never has been a prolific goalscorer...He's in there because he's incredibly effective at unsettling defenders with his physical attributes which means more space for other people. I think everyone's noticed that Rooney has had more freedom up front since Heskey was recalled?

And no, Kenwyne Jones wouldn't even get a look in for England. I'd imagine even Darren Bent would be ahead of Jones in the pecking order if Jones was English...

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2009, 05:26:41 PM »
TnT fans is jokers.

Last year Kenwyne was the next Drogba and shoulda go Liverpool. When Kev mention that his work off the ball is poor and his game have flaws, men say that Sunderland is a shit side.

Heskey isn't picked for England for his goalscoring prowess as he's not and never has been a prolific goalscorer...He's in there because he's incredibly effective at unsettling defenders with his physical attributes which means more space for other people. I think everyone's noticed that Rooney has had more freedom up front since Heskey was recalled?

And no, Kenwyne Jones wouldn't even get a look in for England. I'd imagine even Darren Bent would be ahead of Jones in the pecking order if Jones was English...

Dude Kenwyne is bigger and stronger than Heskey and a better finisher (as hard as that may be for some to believe).  So if he were English he would be in contention for a spot and with creative forces the likes of Gerrard, Lampard, and Barry + crosses from ah man like Beckham best believe KJ would be deadly for the 3 Lions if.....

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2009, 08:09:03 PM »
TnT fans is jokers.

Dude Kenwyne is bigger and stronger than Heskey and a better finisher (as hard as that may be for some to believe).  So if he were English he would be in contention for a spot and with creative forces the likes of Gerrard, Lampard, and Barry + crosses from ah man like Beckham best believe KJ would be deadly for the 3 Lions if.....

...but does he work as hard as Heskey ? is not how you look in de mirror you know .....

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2009, 08:11:25 PM »
Dred at real madrid Owen had 18 starts, 13 goals
Daz ridiculous stats
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2009, 10:20:36 PM »
He would be playin 4 JAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2009, 12:27:25 AM »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2009, 06:26:22 AM »
TnT fans is jokers.

I'm saying that the two play in the same position but play different roles and thus, you cannot really compare the two.

I really don't understand where this thread is going. Kenwyne Jones isn't English, he'll never be English and he'll never play for England so whats the point? Besides, if we were to judge him on current form, I doubt even Andorra would have him...

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2009, 06:38:46 AM »
TnT fans is jokers.

I'm saying that the two play in the same position but play different roles and thus, you cannot really compare the two.

I really don't understand where this thread is going. Kenwyne Jones isn't English, he'll never be English and he'll never play for England so whats the point? Besides, if we were to judge him on current form, I doubt even Andorra would have him...

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2009, 07:49:48 AM »
Class player when fit

All that sound good but he didn't score enough goals given total appearances compared to back at Liverpool.  Everyone seems to evaluate KJs worth as a striker by goals so if that's the measuring stick at the end of the day all the players I listed flopped!  If we measuring by skill then I can bring a whole other list of players regarded as far more skilfull that didn't score nearly enough to justify the argument as well.

At RM, Owen started 18 league games..usually when Ronaldo was injured....and he scored 13 league goals. And he played well too. That is superb stats. He scored 16 goals in 29 starts the previous season at Liverpool and 19 goals in 32 starts the season before that at Liverpool. So not sure where you coming from using goalscoring stats. Statistically speaking he was also better than his previous 2 season at Liverpool...so I really doh think you remembering correctly. If it wasn't for politics and Raul being an automatic starter, he would have gotten more playing time and Owen would have probably stayed at RM longer. Breds..nobody who seriously watch RM that season will tell you Owen was not a boss. Even the Spanish loved him there and because of Owen, the first real talks about Raul not being good enough to start at RM began. Even Marca was asking why the Englishman doh start more cuz he was deadly when he got the chance. Dat is why Owen ride after one seaon..politics was killing de man.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2009, 08:42:18 AM »
Dred at real madrid Owen had 18 starts, 13 goals
Daz ridiculous stats

OK I'll conceed that but he had some 30+ appearances (starts included)  so in the end the numbers will say he flopped.  Men basing KJs quality on numbers no?

Jai KJ does work harder than any forward that wears the RWB and if anyone say no they either don't really watch the games or fooling themselves.  He is the only ST that runs after defenses.  Stern doesn't, Scotty doesn't, Glen doesn't and the others haven't been seen enough to know if they will consistently chase after defenders trying to knock the ball around in their half.  Heskey is a workhorse I will admit which is why I like him as a player but I think KJ has it in him.  Remember Heskey works hard as does Rooney so the comparison when you factor in who KJ is partnered with will always be in favor of Heskey/ Rooney.

Filho the overall numbers will show that based on total appearances he did not measure up to his Liverpool stats.  It's purely numbers and not subjective so unless you want to change the numbers apps v starts is absolutely irrelivant.  The numbers are there for all to see.  We constantly measure KJ by the lack of production in our team and sometimes even for Sunderland but when you use just numbers only you'll find that our argument about his quality is grossly exagerated and out of context (similar to the Owen comparison)

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 17, 2009, 09:21:32 AM »
OK I'll conceed that but he had some 30+ appearances (starts included)  so in the end the numbers will say he flopped.

Owen scored 16 goals in all competitions during his first and only season at Real Madrid.

Raul scored 13 goals in all competitions during the same season.

So who is the better striker?

Can you see why these threads never accomplish much?

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2009, 09:58:57 AM »
OK I'll conceed that but he had some 30+ appearances (starts included)  so in the end the numbers will say he flopped.

Owen scored 16 goals in all competitions during his first and only season at Real Madrid.

Raul scored 13 goals in all competitions during the same season.

So who is the better striker?

Can you see why these threads never accomplish much?

You getting caught up in an owen argument is why these threads doh go nowhere?  What the hell a comparison between Raul and Owen truly have to do with KJ?  This year Owen scored a total of 8 goals in 28 EPL appearances compared to KJs 10 in 29 games.  Despite injuries I doubt anyone will claim Owens is the lesser quality of the 2 and yet KJ outscored him this year. 

Here is a list of Strikers that only mad people would equate KJ to and their 08/09 EPL Stats (mins played)

Anelka 19 in 37 (2927)
Torres 14
Robinho 14 in 31 (2633)
Kuyt 12 in 38 (3180)
Rooney 12 in 30 (2266)
Van-Persie 11 in 28 (2199)
Agbonlahor 11 in 35 (3038)
Carew 11 in 27 (1810)
Adebayor 10 in 26 (1878)
Cole 10 in 27 (2239) Somebody claim he better so here he is
Kenwyne Jones 10 in 29 (2256)
Berbatov 9 in 32 (2569)
Owen 8 in 28 (1893)
Martins 8 in 24 (1793)
Drogba 5 in 21 (1547)
Tevez 5 in 29 (1857)

So now we have something worth comparing given these are all strikers that would be declared better than KJ by most.  The numbers don't lie so lets see you steer this one off course with some stupid inter-team striker comparison.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 10:01:33 AM by Flickin Killa »

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #86 on: June 17, 2009, 10:09:27 AM »
For supposedly big men alyuh real full of shit yes. Alyuh don't have nothing to do? Not one ah alyuh say anything viable or directly related to Jones being the player he is.

If Jones was English we would have never been "debating him so intensely"  ::) as we are. If Jones was English and was on the team he would have still been playing on a bigger shit side who does beat up on smaller teams. They have Wales, Georgia etc, we have Guyana, St. Kitts and Jamaica  :devil: of which we does celebrate men when they score against. Alyuh berating players who wasn't around to score a billion goal against grenada and Guadalupe in shell cup and what have you. But, berating the fellas for not scoring against Mexico in the Azteca when you will be hard press to find any T&T player - whether is the so called golden boys back in the haiti debacle days, or the almost Italia strike squad- that used to score against top opponent such as Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica and the USA. Show me differently.

Match Statistics by Opponent
Opponent                    Played   Wins   Losses    Draws    GF   GA    GD
Antigua and Barbuda     8       7           1         0         31    9     22
Aruba                             1       1           0          0         11    0     11
Austria                           1        0         1           0         1     4     -3
Azerbaijan                       2        2         0          0          3     0      3
Bahrain                           2        1         0           1         2     1       1
Barbados                   31         22       3           6        81    19    62
Bermuda                         9         5        2           2         17    6    11
Botswana 1 0 0 1 0 0 0
Canada 10 2 6 2 12 14 -2
Cayman Islands 3 3 0 0 19 2 17
China 1 0 1 0 0 3 -3
Colombia 3 1 2 0 4 8 -4
Costa Rica 22 3 15 4 15 46 -31
Cuba 14 11 2 1 30 13 17
Czech Republic 1 0 1 0 0 3 -3
Dominica 2 2 0 0 13 0 13
Dominican Republic 8 8 0 0 38 1 37

Egypt 1 0 1 0 1 2 -1
El Salvador 9 3 3 3 11 10 1
England 2 0 2 0 0 5 -5
Finland 5 2 2 1 7 6 1
French Guiana 2 2 0 0 4 1 3
Grenada 13 10 3 0 35 14 21
Guadeloupe 9 5 1 3 11 7 4
Guatemala 20 6 8 6 23 34 -11
Guyana 35 22 6 7 57 22 35
Haiti 28 13 13 2 44 46 -2
Honduras 14 2 6 6 14 20 -6
Iceland 1 1 0 0 2 0 2
Iraq 1 1 0 0 2 0 2
Ireland 1 1 0 0 2 1 1
Jamaica 59 25 24 10 77 72 5
Japan 1 0 1 0 0 2 -2
Kenya 1 0 0 1 1 1 0
Kuwait 1 0 1 0 1 1 0
Martinique 14 6 8 0 28 25 3
Mexico 16 3 11 2 12 38 -26
Morocco 2 0 2 0 0 3 -3
Netherlands Antilles 12 8 1 3 27 8 19
Nicaragua 1 1 0 0 3 1 2
Northern Ireland 1 0 1 0 0 3 -3
Norway 1 1 0 0 3 2 1
Panama 12 7 2 3 20 8 12
Paraguay 3 0 1 2 3 5 -2
Peru 2 1 0 1 3 2 1
Puerto Rico 5 4 0 1 28 4 24
Russian Federation 1 0 1 0 0 2 -2
Saudi Arabia 3 0 3 0 3 6 -3
Scotland 1 0 1 0 1 4 -3
Slovenia 1 0 1 0 1 3 -2
South Africa 2 1 1 0 3 2 1
South Korea 1 0 0 1 1 1 0
St. Kitts and Nevis 12 10 2 0 33 13 20
St. Lucia 4 1 2 1 7 4 3
St. Vincent and the Grenadines 13 8 3 2 30 12 18

Suriname 27 10 8 9 50 48 2
Sweden 2 0 1 1 0 5 -5
Taiwan 1 0 1 0 0 1 -1
Thailand 1 0 1 0 2 3 -1
United States 21 3 15 3 11 32 -21
Venezuela 5 0 2 3 2 6 -4
Virgin Islands (British) 2 2 0 0 6 0 6
Wales 1 0 1 0 1 2 -1

All this talk about scoring goals, have a look. We does score against Barbados and Guyana. All these great goal scorers you all putting down One s for eh have a claim if you put things into perspective. Grow up.
[/b]

STEUPPSSS !!!! ..Yow dah shit yuh now post dey still floating in de bowl ,flush it again pleez.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

truetrini

« Reply #87 on: June 17, 2009, 10:16:03 AM »
Berris, dat man does always post shit...how de arse yuh go rate ah forward if not by goals.  it matters not who yuh play against, if yuh eh scoring den yuh go get shit ratings.

jones and especially Scotland eh ready fuh international football as evidenced by his lack of production.

Who vex lorse

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 17, 2009, 10:48:00 AM »
KJ need to play with a striker and a coach he can learn from.
He has not improved since he moved to Sunderland.

Oh yeh, fork England.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 17, 2009, 10:51:30 AM »
KJ need to play with a striker and a coach he can learn from.
He has not improved since he moved to Sunderland.

Oh yeh, fork England.

Not true at all.  He looked very good under Keane in the first year and showed some promise when he returned from injury. Sbragia helped him regress to some extent once he took over.

1]; } ?>