April 27, 2024, 08:32:56 AM

Author Topic: Julius James loaned to Minnesota Thunder  (Read 7256 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Julius James loaned to Minnesota Thunder
« on: June 15, 2009, 03:02:36 PM »
Dynamo Notes: James loaned to Thunder
By Bernardo Fallas (Houston Chronicle)

The Dynamo have sent second-year center back Julius James on loan to the Minnesota Thunder of the USL First Division through June 28.

James has played just 33 minutes this season and is in need of action. He’s fast and physical, but coach Dominic Kinnear suggested in preseason that James was lacking 90-minute focus.

Since then, Geoff Cameron’s stellar play at center back and the addition of Andrew Hainault to the defensive corps have complicated James’ chances of breaking into the lineup.

James, 24, joined the Dynamo as part of the trade that sent Dwayne De Rosario to Toronto FC.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Julius James loaned to Minnesota Thunder
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 03:30:09 PM »
Big T&T World Cup Defender goin to de USL?

Shouldn't he be starting in the hex?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 03:35:24 PM »

Same level as Marvin, Dennis, Keyeno and everyone else but Avery.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 03:35:37 PM »

But which other defender do we have starting in the MLS? Sancho in the USL, Dog playing at an even lower level, Lawrence future uncertain, Abu Bakhr playing PFL. Avery eh starting for DC. It eh like he doing so much worse than anybody else. Frankly being in the USL at 24 years old is better than most of what we have now.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 03:42:54 PM »

But which other defender do we have starting in the MLS? Sancho in the USL, Dog playing at an even lower level, Lawrence future uncertain, Abu Bakhr playing PFL. Avery eh starting for DC. It eh like he doing so much worse than anybody else. Frankly being in the USL at 24 years old is better than most of what we have now.

I agree ...aint like we have anyone except for Avery in the Costa Rica game who having a stellar performance...he should be able to try out for the position

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 03:47:09 PM »

I agree ...aint like we have anyone except for Avery in the Costa Rica game who having a stellar performance...he should be able to try out for the position

Palos just vex he outside chile Seon Power cyah see he way to a national side

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2009, 04:06:26 PM »
Ey he coming to MN Ah go hail him out!!!!!!
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 04:10:49 PM »

Palos just vex he outside chile Seon Power cyah see he way to a national side

Apparently neither can yours.  8)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 04:12:00 PM »

Yuh tink Julius James could consistently make a PFL team not named Tobago United startin XI?  8)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 04:13:32 PM »

Yuh tink Julius James could consistently make a PFL team not named Tobago United startin XI?  8)

The real question is if James was English could he make the national side.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 04:28:40 PM »

Boom bang bam Eman.......talk nah.  :rotfl:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2009, 04:31:34 PM »

Barbados considers themselves to be "Little England".  He MIGHT be in contention for a place there.  8)

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2009, 04:47:37 PM »
Game time is most important. Develop as best you can
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2009, 04:49:55 PM »

Doh try and dance yuh foot out yuh mout! He still eh no worse off than anything we have. I see James play in Toronto, he could crack any back-line in the PFL. Seon Palos Power have plenty wuk to do

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2009, 04:56:49 PM »
True enough, but Seon does get more beating than Palos d*ck. James has the ability he has to work on focus. Seon has focus, but don't have that natural brain for the game.

In truth the more they BOTH develop the better for us. 

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2009, 04:59:15 PM »

In truth the more they BOTH develop the better for us. 

Agreed.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2009, 05:31:31 PM »

Doh try and dance yuh foot out yuh mout! He still eh no worse off than anything we have. I see James play in Toronto, he could crack any back-line in the PFL. Seon Palos Power have plenty wuk to do

I see him play in Toronto too.  Not jes you.  I givin YOU talk.  I like Julius James.  But he NOT ready.  And I talkin not ready for International ball.  And yes....Makan Hislop dem better dan him right now.  He regressin and dat is WORRYING because he have de physical tools.

Teams doh jes part wit dey #1 picks jes so and when dey do, de team dat pickin dem up doh send dem developmental league jes so needah.  Julius James have PLENTY WORK to do before he could command a regular starting place in a MLS team far less we national squad.

Right now...Yohance Marshall is a better player.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2009, 05:49:10 PM »

I see him play in Toronto too.  Not jes you.  I givin YOU talk.  I like Julius James.  But he NOT ready.  And I talkin not ready for International ball.  And yes....Makan Hislop dem better dan him right now.  He regressin and dat is WORRYING because he have de physical tools.

Teams doh jes part wit dey #1 picks jes so and when dey do, de team dat pickin dem up doh send dem developmental league jes so needah.  Julius James have PLENTY WORK to do before he could command a regular starting place in a MLS team far less we national squad.

I'd still want both players around the natioanl set up..I think it's about time we have a backline that is speedy and  decent with the ball at their feet as both players seemed to be at youth level..I really don't know what happen with James..i hope the move does him well?
has Marshall got a run in the MLS with the Galaxy yet?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2009, 05:54:47 PM »

I'd still want both players around the natioanl set up..I think it's about time we have a backline that is speedy and  decent with the ball at their feet as both players seemed to be at youth level..I really don't know what happen with James..i hope the move does him well?

Regular bench. The odd run here and there.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2009, 06:13:15 PM »

Regular bench. The odd run here and there.
Yohance has been injured for a while now
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2009, 06:21:59 PM »

Yuh eh hadda give me no talks, I'm not one clamouring for James to get a pick.   ;) But  you eh give your opinion on James ability, yuh jes say he get a demotion. And that alone has no meaning for his inclusion or exclusion from the squad. If Southampton send Stern to House of Dread, he go still make the National side. And how much games Yohance been playing lately?

And as for MLS, at this stage of the Hex , I WISH at least one of our defenders could start in that league.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2009, 06:57:50 PM »

Yuh eh hadda give me no talks, I'm not one clamouring for James to get a pick.   ;) But  you eh give your opinion on James ability, yuh jes say he get a demotion. And that alone has no meaning for his inclusion or exclusion from the squad. If Southampton send Stern to House of Dread, he go still make the National side. And how much games Yohance been playing lately?

And as for MLS, at this stage of the Hex , I WISH at least one of our defenders could start in that league.

I already told u that James has the physical tools to play the game.  But he not developin de way dat he should.  His positioning is suspect.  His discipline in terms of moving with the line is poor.  He can play but he not playin at the level that consistent with his ability.  Why dat is...I doh know.  Andrew Hainault beatin him out at de club level.  He is a nex player I familiar with.  A very tough, heart and soul defender who does not have the physical tools that James has (speed in particular) but more than compensates for in smarts and desire.  I also think James has more technical ability than Hainault but the fact that he can't beat him out for a spot on the team says a lot.

I hope Julius is a player who REALLY wants it because if he does, he can go very far.  But if he doesn't, he'll join a host of other players who people will talk about "dah man coulda RELLLL play hoss. me eh know wha happen wit he nah....but he shoulda be playin wit Liverpool if wasn't for..........".

Leh we hope fuh he & T&T sake, he successful.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2009, 07:01:36 PM »

TFC trade james  to huston in exchange for de rosario and serioux
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 09:07:29 AM by Trini _2010 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2009, 07:23:35 PM »
I have been hearing about James for a while now, but haven't seen him play. From the reports it seems like Marshall may be the ready one.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2009, 07:31:45 PM »

I already told u that James has the physical tools to play the game.  But he not developin de way dat he should.  His positioning is suspect.  His discipline in terms of moving with the line is poor.  He can play but he not playin at the level that consistent with his ability.  Why dat is...I doh know.  Andrew Hainault beatin him out at de club level.  He is a nex player I familiar with.  A very tough, heart and soul defender who does not have the physical tools that James has (speed in particular) but more than compensates for in smarts and desire.  I also think James has more technical ability than Hainault but the fact that he can't beat him out for a spot on the team says a lot.

I hope Julius is a player who REALLY wants it because if he does, he can go very far.  But if he doesn't, he'll join a host of other players who people will talk about "dah man coulda RELLLL play hoss. me eh know wha happen wit he nah....but he shoulda be playin wit Liverpool if wasn't for..........".

Leh we hope fuh he & T&T sake, he successful.

I surprised to hear his positioning is suspect  ???. that was one of his strengths at Conn and TFC, in fact I think superior positioning was one of the major reasons he got a solid run with TFC.
Either way I hope he ketch himself. The scary thing is Hainault younger than James and is a regular/semi regular for Canada.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2009, 07:32:17 PM »

finally someone else saying what I've been saying for a while now.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2009, 07:39:33 PM »
I have been hearing about James for a while now, but haven't seen him play. From the reports it seems like Marshall may be the ready one.

None of them ready, but the problem is the federation not doing their part in bringing them along by playing with Lawrence, Avery and the rest. We already have the young raw material to develop as strong a defensive pool as we have ever had, but we managing the transition very poorly. No plan no brand.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2009, 07:46:39 PM »

None of them ready, but the problem is the federation not doing their part in bringing them along by playing with Lawrence, Avery and the rest. We already have the young raw material to develop as strong a defensive pool as we have ever had, but we managing the transition very poorly. No plan no brand.

Again I'm inclined to agree with this assessment. With the lack of friendlies, the lack of suitable tournaments to develop these players we're depending on their clubs and if they on the bench that's not helpng much

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2009, 08:36:16 PM »

Again I'm inclined to agree with this assessment. With the lack of friendlies, the lack of suitable tournaments to develop these players we're depending on their clubs and if they on the bench that's not helpng much

But really and truly, the Federation will find it hard to develop players outside their control.  The reality is that the clubs are the one's developin de players and de truth is, we better off fuh havin de clubs develop we players because dey more professional dan we, dey have more expertise dan we, dey have more infrastructure dan we and dey have more resources dan we.

It would be nice fuh we to be completely comepetent and self sufficent in these areas but there are few countries of our size and resources who are.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2009, 10:50:49 PM »

But really and truly, the Federation will find it hard to develop players outside their control.  The reality is that the clubs are the one's developin de players and de truth is, we better off fuh havin de clubs develop we players because dey more professional dan we, dey have more expertise dan we, dey have more infrastructure dan we and dey have more resources dan we.

It would be nice fuh we to be completely comepetent and self sufficent in these areas but there are few countries of our size and resources who are.

I assume by "outside their control" you mean that when players are called up for tournaments if not FIFA sanctioned or friendlies, the clubs don't have to release them? The Federation can try to get more football at a high level to involve the players. The more opportunity they have the more we can tell who is ready for Intl ball. I know they have begun to do this with all the Digicel Caribbean tourney but we need more international friendlies. The U20's just had an experience that promises to be invaluable. The senior team could use things like that too. As some have said Venezuela is right there. South America is in our back yard, period.

I thank God for their clubs. Because if not, T&T would have been in deeper trouble. No, we couldn't develop the likes of Yorke and Latapy etc. But that may be said of most countries. The club football develops players better that the countries themselves do. But I also think that T&T can and will (some day) put a better, more respected and top notch football infastructure in place.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 10:57:42 PM by Cocorite »

1]; } ?>