April 24, 2024, 12:17:38 PM

Author Topic: Villarreal target Fulham’s Bobby Zamora.  (Read 3363 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Villarreal target Fulham’s Bobby Zamora.
« on: June 16, 2009, 09:53:04 AM »
Villarreal target Fulham’s Bobby Zamora.
UK.FOOTBALL.TODAY.COM

Villarreal, who are not a bad club by any standard but actually a ridiculously strong one, have made probably the most random player I could ever think of as their number one transfer target in Bobby Zamora.

Sure Zamora is talented, he’s done a great job for Fulham, but Villarreal have real ambitions for success in La Liga and the Champions League, and are perfectly capable of acquiring both, but not by recruiting Bobby Zamora to strengthen your side.  If for no other reason than just the fact that Zamora can’t really be counted on when the team desperately needs him.

Just look at Fulham, when they’re down, or being beaten, instead of rising to the occasion like a big club star would, Zamora is basically just a useless body out there.  Not to mention taking on too many stupid shots himself, instead of looking to wide open teammates in better attacking positions.

Which is where I draw my conclusion that Zamora suffers from the same syndrome as Damien Duff, in that he considers himself one of the most talented players on the pitch at all times, yet doesn’t have the skill to back up that belief.

Sure you want your players to be confident, but you really want them to have the skills necessary to back up that confidence, or else you just have a really talented waste like Bobby Zamora, who shows so many flashes of brilliance, but nothing consistent. Villarreal should spend their money elsewhere, because Zamora isn’t the sort of player you want a highly ranked club to depend on.
Zamora is shock target for Spanish giants.
By Football Spy.

Fulham striker Bobby Zamora is a shock target for Spanish side Villarreal. Zamora, 28, is contracted to Fulham until 2012 after joining last summer from West Ham for £4.8million.

But he has only four goals this term and has even been jeered by some fans at Craven Cottage. Zamora, whose family have Spanish connections, is also known to harbour ambitions of playing in La Liga.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 10:47:11 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline sHOTTA)

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Villarreal target Fulham’s Bobby Zamora.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 09:58:29 AM »
 :rotfl:

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 10:06:23 AM »
And men squirming with joy at the possibility that he might still be available for us. Oh well. Dah article was a bit matter of fact...buh callous.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 10:33:34 AM »
 ;)" or else you just have a really talented waste like Bobby Zamora, who shows so many flashes of brilliance, but nothing consistent. Villarreal should spend their money elsewhere, because Zamora isn’t the sort of player you want a highly ranked club to depend on."

Damn that is ah brutal statement...Zamora bulling this man wife or sumthing?? :devil:

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 12:08:56 PM »
I never rate Bobby Zamora he just a regular English player, nothing special about him! Whoever at Villarreal enquiring about him mus have smoked some real high grade !! hE never impress me

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 01:02:12 PM »
I never rate Bobby Zamora he just a regular English player, nothing special about him! Whoever at Villarreal enquiring about him mus have smoked some real high grade !! hE never impress me
so what would you call birchall then ?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 01:04:35 PM »
Villareal trying ot catch lightning in a bottle twice. They give Forlan the platform to become a successful striker now they trying with Zamora.

Football is funny. It have plenty players who were small names in England but prosper on the continent or elsewhere.

Vinny Samways move from Spurs to Everton and struggle there but went Spain and was ver successful.
Cascarino was an average player in England but absolutely mash it up at MArseille

And right now yuh have Kazim-Richards, a championship player, making it in Turkey and our own Chris Birchall who do more for TnT than he ever do in English club football.

Sometimes players bring something different to their new club or they just feel less pressure, plus Zamora has shown at previous club that he can score goals if given chances.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 01:10:29 PM »
Villareal trying ot catch lightning in a bottle twice. They give Forlan the platform to become a successful striker now they trying with Zamora.

Football is funny. It have plenty players who were small names in England but prosper on the continent or elsewhere.

Vinny Samways move from Spurs to Everton and struggle there but went Spain and was ver successful.
Cascarino was an average player in England but absolutely mash it up at MArseille

And right now yuh have Kazim-Richards, a championship player, making it in Turkey and our own Chris Birchall who do more for TnT than he ever do in English club football.

Sometimes players bring something different to their new club or they just feel less pressure, plus Zamora has shown at previous club that he can score goals if given chances.

yuh hit the nail on the head, the type of striker zamora is, he will do well in spain, la liga will suit his style of play, compared to the epl, watch and see.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 01:19:07 PM »

yuh hit the nail on the head, the type of striker zamora is, he will do well in spain, la liga will suit his style of play, compared to the epl, watch and see.

Not so sure about that nuh...

Imo Spanish football, and in this case Villareal in particular, are on a whole different technical level of football to anything Bobby Zamora is capable of. The examples mentioned above as english players who became successes in spain were players who were technically very good (Samways), or brought a different dimension (Cascarino and I would add Owen).

The average english striker can't have a career in spain which is why anytime u see an article mentioning a move like this, it brings forth a :rotfl: whereas when you hear about an average spanish player coming to the EPL, (eg. Xisco at newcastle), people are more open to believe they can adapt and make a name. Thats because the average English striker is technically sub-standard. And Zamora is just that...

Maybe he could do something at one of the basement feeders, but not at a team that does stroke the ball around like Villareal.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2009, 01:52:31 PM »

Not so sure about that nuh...

Imo Spanish football, and in this case Villareal in particular, are on a whole different technical level of football to anything Bobby Zamora is capable of. The examples mentioned above as english players who became successes in spain were players who were technically very good (Samways), or brought a different dimension (Cascarino and I would add Owen).

The average english striker can't have a career in spain which is why anytime u see an article mentioning a move like this, it brings forth a :rotfl: whereas when you hear about an average spanish player coming to the EPL, (eg. Xisco at newcastle), people are more open to believe they can adapt and make a name. Thats because the average English striker is technically sub-standard. And Zamora is just that...

Maybe he could do something at one of the basement feeders, but not at a team that does stroke the ball around like Villareal.

you make some valid points, especially in the case of xisco but what in your opinion makes zamora a sub standard striker? from what I have seen of him he has the potential to do well in spain, maybe bc imho hes not a typical epl striker, bear in mind some of the greatest strikers and mids have never played in england.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2009, 05:07:13 PM »
LOOK YUH NETBALL SIDE JAI JOHN
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 07:33:45 AM »
Hull City Target Fulham Striker Bobby Zamora
By: Gill Clark, Goal.com

Hull City are reportedly interested in signing Fulham striker Bobby Zamora, according to the News of the World.

Zamora moved to Craven Cottage from West Ham United in 2008 but has struggled for goals since joining the Whites.

Indeed, the 28-year-old managed only two Premier League strikes last season in 35 appearances, as Roy Hodgson guided Fulham to an impressive seventh place finish.

Yet, despite his poor statistics in front of goal, the striker was a virtual ever present for Fulham last season and played an important role in their excellent campaign.

Zamora is set to head out to Australia in the coming days, as the Cottagers begin their pre-season on the Gold Coast.

Hull, meanwhile, have been linked with a host of strikers as they seek to strengthen their squad, having narrowly escaped relegation last time out.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2009, 07:40:21 AM »
Let us look at the bright side- Historically those Trinis scoring in the England a la Yorke / Jones not scoring for T&T. Maybe Zamora will score for us. Give the man a call up Latas.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2009, 07:54:18 AM »
Allyuh ever really watch Zamora play and not just watch Sky Sports highlights?
In all honesty, the man could really ball.
I feel allyuh only crying down the man cuz he blank the warriors
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2009, 07:58:52 AM »

So, wait, we should love him because he blank us....

Allyuh good yes...

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2009, 11:49:34 AM »

well he in the EPL right the manager have faith in him right !! so he have to have some quality  for his manager to play him in 35 games  jones not scoring john not scoring scotty not scoring at international level so now what stick with them ... where you read he blank us  after our latest approach
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2009, 11:55:54 AM »

well he in the EPL right the manager have faith in him right !! so he have to have some quality  for his manager to play him in 35 games  jones not scoring john not scoring scotty not scoring at international level so now what stick with them ... where you read he blank us  after our latest approach
He eh blank us but normal ppl would realize we contact him and he eh reply its either he super busy or his heart not fully content for playing here...

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2009, 01:33:13 PM »

So, wait, we should love him because he blank us....

Allyuh good yes...

Nobody askin you to love him. Don't think anything I say suggests that. Hell I doh like the man, but I not gonna attack his play just because I doh like his head.

Comprehension is a hell of a ting.
Allyuh REAL good yes...

Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2009, 03:04:05 PM »
Sando,
             What love have to do with this. We desperate!. We looking for a 4th place finish!!!!

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2009, 06:55:22 PM »
Wish him the best,I hope he makes a statement while there,like it or not even though he may not care.I still see him as a Trini that connection will always be there.....just maybe he may have a change of heart
I wonder if he ever came to this site and read some of the commentry..... :rotfl:...Maybe he just need to read about some  Trini Love... :devil:

We all have choices
Raspect

Just try Jah Love

Yeh

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2009, 07:08:35 PM »
Has Gulitt Rykaard Ba Klibert Weah Seedoff been subjected to similar treatment

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2009, 07:10:16 PM »
My fault wrong thread...... ;D

1]; } ?>