April 24, 2024, 02:06:36 AM

Author Topic: Swansea City Striker Jason Scotland Linked With EPL teams  (Read 7621 times)

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Swansea City Striker Jason Scotland Linked With EPL teams
« on: June 16, 2009, 10:53:55 AM »
Swansea City Striker Jason Scotland Linked With Wigan Athletic & Burnley - Agent
goal.com

Roberto Martinez could be planning a transfer raid on his old club, although his potential target is also piquing interest elsewhere in Lancashire...

Wigan Athletic and Burnley are both keeping close tabs on Swansea City striker Jason Scotland, who has enjoyed a prolific couple of seasons in League One and the Championship with the Welsh outfit.

Roberto Martinez was today confirmed as the Latics' new boss, and the Spaniard could be set to annoy fans of his old club by prising the Trinidad & Tobago international away from the Liberty Stadium.

However, the player's agent has revealed that Athletic are not the only outfit chasing the striker, as Burnley, desperate to increase numbers and quality in their squad ahead of a potentially challenging debut campaign in the Premier League, are also weighing up a bid for the player.

Clarets boss Owen Coyle worked with the striker with Falkirk in Scotland, for whom the target man played before joining the Swans. Agent Mike Berry has hinted that the two Lancashire clubs are potential suitors today.

"I’ve heard nothing official but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Roberto came in for Jason because he has had him before," Berry told Setanta Sports.

"I know that Roberto rates Jason very, very highly and thinks that he can play at the highest level so it’s a case of ‘watch this space’ really

"The other interesting one is Owen Coyle at Burnley who I know is very, very interested in Jason having had him before at St Johnstone. Once again, it’s a case of watch this space."
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 11:31:08 AM by E-man »

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Re: Swansea City Striker Jason Scotland Linked With EPL teams
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 10:58:31 AM »
But nobody eh officially inquire yet so why is this kinda stuff being published?

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 11:04:08 AM »
But nobody eh officially inquire yet so why is this kinda stuff being published?

It's the off season men still hadda sell papers!
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 11:14:52 AM »
When does pre season start?
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 11:58:30 AM »
http://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/Football/2009/06/16/Exclusive-Agent-on-Scotland-suitors/gnid-57194/

Exclusive: Burnley 'very interested' in Scotland

Jason Scotland’s agent has told setanta.com that both Burnley and Wigan could emerge as serious contenders for his client.

Scotland has enjoyed a prolific two seasons in both League One and The Championship for Swansea, scoring more than 50 goals since his move south of the border.

The Trinidad and Tobago international has conceded his desire to move up to The Premier League following The Swans’ failure to make the Championship play-offs and former manager Roberto Martinez’s departure to Wigan.

Confirmation of Martinez’s long-awaited appointment as Steve Bruce’s successor is sure to ramp up speculation surrounding those he leaves behind in Wales.

“I’ve heard nothing official but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Roberto came in for Jason because he has had him before,” Scotland’s agent Mike Berry told setanta.com.

“I know that Roberto rates Jason very, very highly and thinks that he can play at the highest level so it’s a case of ‘watch this space’ really

“The other interesting one is Owen Coyle at Burnley who I know is very, very interested in Jason having had him before at St Johnstone. Once again, it’s a case of watch this space.”
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 02:27:34 PM »
allyuh hide all clips from d costa rica game
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 02:42:15 PM »

You think they care about he outting for T&T when he producing big time for he club  ???
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 03:05:49 PM »

You think they care about he outting for T&T when he producing big time for he club  ???

Fuh real!!! ;D

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 03:06:01 PM »
ever heard of a photo finish?
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2009, 03:38:49 PM »
cyah judge a man on one game... and the new wigan boss, prolly know how scotland plays by now ;)

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2009, 04:08:27 PM »
u all do realise i was joking right?

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2009, 04:27:54 PM »
u all do realise i was joking right?

yuh is a Barca man, so u cyah get no bligh from me.  So when yuh slip, is early and often i hittin yuh  ;) .... i hoped u were jokin.  All jokes aside though, i tired of hearing men on this site wasting down we own.  it have men who never kick a sweet-drink can and excessively critical of we boys...support means through good and bad times...
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 04:30:54 PM by SOBRIQUET »

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2009, 04:48:26 PM »
truly, but as a supporter doesnt one have to right to let  a player know when he is being sub par? we not talking about men who apparently have personal vendettas against certain players

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2009, 01:06:17 PM »
Martinez promises no Swansea raid

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/w/wigan_athletic/8105620.stm

Martinez played nearly 200 games for Wigan between 1995 and 2001

New Wigan manager Roberto Martinez has promised former club Swansea City that he will not raid the south Wales club for their star players.

The Spaniard, 35, has been linked with a number of his former players after sealing a move to the JJB Stadium.

"I will never move for Swansea players unless they are in the market or other clubs show an interest," Martinez said.

"I would never go back to Swansea just to do that and pinch players. We will not do things that are not honourable."

Some Swansea supporters have voiced their discontent at his departure, but Martinez takes great satisfaction from his time in Wales.

"If the fans are disappointed, it is because they enjoyed the last two and a half years. I think it is the moment to look back and see how successful Swansea have been," Martinez added.

"I gave everything to try to bring success on the pitch, to play in a certain way and improve the club. I think we achieved that.

"In that respect we should all be proud together. Who comes in to manage that club is a very lucky man. From a distance I will be cheering, hoping Swansea take the next step."

Martinez does not have the Uefa Pro Licence, a requirement of managing in the Premier League, but is working towards it.

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan is adamant the authorities will grant dispensation to his new man.

"You need to get the qualifications. It is vital. I am looking forward to finishing the A licence," Martinez said.

"There is a need in the modern game to do that. I hope I will complete it very soon."

One of Martinez's first appointments at the JJB is expected to be a return to the club for Wigan's former manager Graham Barrow as new reserve team boss.

A legend as a player in Wigan's days at Springfield Park, Barrow, 55, is currently assistant manager at Altrincham.

Barrow, who has also managed Chester City (twice), Rochdale and Bury, spent 14 months in charge of Wigan between August 1994 and October 1995.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2009, 01:14:16 PM »
"I will never move for Swansea players unless they are in the market or other clubs show an interest," Martinez said.
Scotty on de market and Burnley show interest. Swansea losing real players this summer. Especially Scotty, Rangel, Jordi Gomez and Bodde. And all de talk he talking Martinez will try to get all of them.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2009, 01:55:48 PM »
Scotty on de market and Burnley show interest. Swansea losing real players this summer. Especially Scotty, Rangel, Jordi Gomez and Bodde. And all de talk he talking Martinez will try to get all of them.

Well if other teams vying for them he would be right to make a move as he already knows the players and their styles and can easily fit them in as they have the advantage of knowing his philosophies.  He would be an absolute fool to have a need for any of the players and let other teams get them.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2009, 09:25:22 AM »
One down.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2009, 09:59:12 AM »
Burnley bid for striker Scotland 

By Peter Shuttleworth 
bbc

Burnley have made an official bid for Swansea City striker Jason Scotland.

Scotland's agent, Mike Berry, has confirmed that the Premier League new boys have made a seven-figure offer for Swansea's 24-goal top-scorer.

Berry also says Swansea's former boss Roberto Martinez is "interested" in taking Trinidad and Tobago star Scotland with him to Wigan Athletic.

"I'm led to believe that Burnley have been in touch with Swansea and made a bid for Jason," revealed Berry.

Scotland, who has one year remaining on his Liberty Stadium contract, was third in the Championship's top-scorers list last season behind Wolves striker Syvlan Ebanks-Blake and Cardiff hotshot Ross McCormack.

Scotland impressed in Swansea's high-profile FA Cup run last season, scoring in their giant-killing of holders Portsmouth at Fratton Park and then hit goals in both games against Fulham before the Premier League club knocked them out.

The 30-year-old was League One's top-scorer during the 2007/08 season when his 24 goals inspired Swansea to the title as he scored 29 goals in all competition.

The Swans signed Scotland from Scottish side St Johnstone for a bargain £25,000 in the summer of 2007 when the physical striker played under Owen Coyle for two years.

Coyle is now Burnley boss and wants Scotland to spearhead the Clarets attack in their first season in the Premier League, after beating Sheffield United in the Championship play-off final at Wembley.

Berry insists Scotland is also wanted by Martinez, who managed Scotland at Swansea before the Spaniard joined Wigan.

On Friday Martinez made his first signing for Wigan by signing former Swansea on-loan playmaker Jordi Gomez from Espanyol.

606: DEBATE
How crucial is Jason Scotland to Swansea City? 
Martinez did admit last year that he thought Scotland could play in the Premier League when he said: "The responsibility he takes is impressive and I believe he has another level in his play."

Scotland has scored 53 goals in 105 games in all competitions in his two seasons at Swansea, but Berry says Scotland hopes the Swans seriously consider the offer as Scotland wants to play in the top-flight.

"Jason would like Swansea to seriously consider the bid because he has aspirations to play in the Premier League," Berry added.

"He has sweated blood for Swansea in the last few years and hopefully the fans have enjoyed his performances

"But Jason has turned 30, he wants to play at the highest level and play in the Premier League and this is an opportunity for him to play at the top - and I think everyone at Swansea would agree he has earned the right to do so.

"Negotiations are still on-going, but it is a substantial bid. I believe the bid from Burnley is in excess of £1m.

"But Wigan are very interested so it will be interesting.

"Jason, though, is a Swansea City player with one year left on his contract so any deal - whichever club he goes to - has got to be right for Swansea."

The BBC has contacted Swansea City for their reaction on Burnley's bid for Scotland.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2009, 10:07:37 AM »
Mike Berry talks too much.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2009, 10:07:43 AM »
Didn't he leave the team to get a big wuk?  scheeuuups  that!!
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2009, 10:12:09 AM »
Mike Berry talks too much.

Ed Friggin Zachary!  I find da man real bumpin he gums without substance.  Rell matrix wid he "I'm led to believe that Burnley have been in touch with Swansea and made a bid for Jason," So basically what, yuh eh sure but yuh think so?!!  I'm sure he might be trying to generate some other interest in Scotty but it comming off like if he beggin people to get interested rather than them coming knocking.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2009, 07:03:15 AM »
Mike Berry "Taking advantage of people" Berry must be a rich happy man.....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2009, 11:35:08 AM »
Berry aka Napoleon because he have 2 b agent 4 life. Why peeps still have he being dey agent?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2009, 06:31:39 AM »
Burnley tables TT$10m bid for Scotland

Nigel Simon

Premier League newcomers Burnley have lodged an official bid for Swansea City and Soca Warriors striker Jason Scotland, the Coca-Cola Championship club have confirmed. Scotland's agent, Mike Berry, revealed to the media yesterday that the Clarets had bid in excess of £1million ($TT 10 million) for the Welsh club's 24-goal top-scorer. Chairman Huw Jenkins told the club’s official web site: "Burnley have made an approach for Scotland, but our valuation for a player who has finished our top scorer for the last two seasons is miles apart. "We value Jason very highly; after all he has scored 53 goals in the last two seasons for us." The Swans signed Scotland in the summer of 2007, paying just £25,000 to bring him from St Johnstone where he played under current Burnley boss Owen Coyle.

But Jenkins dashed any immediate hopes of a reunion at Turf Moor, adding: “I think everyone in football is well aware that we do not need to sell anyone. And we certainly won't let any player go for below what we think they are worth; whether that's Jason Scotland or anyone else for that matter.” Berry, who also claimed Wigan was interested in the 30-year-old said: “Jason would like Swansea to seriously consider the bid because he has aspirations to play in the Premier League. “He has sweat blood for Swansea in the past few years and hopefully the fans have enjoyed his performances. “But Jason has turned 30, he wants to play at the highest level and this is an opportunity for him to play at the top—and I think everybody at Swansea would agree he has earned the right to do so. “Negotiations are still on-going but I believe it is a substantial bid. I believe the bid from Burnley is in excess of £1million. But Wigan, now coached by Roberto Martinez, Scotland’s former coach at Swansea are very interested so it will be interesting.”

Commenting on a possible move away from Swansea on Thursday while at a Digicel press conference at Movie Town, Invaders Bay, Mucurapo, Scotland said he had high ambitions of playing in the Premiership. However, the burly T&T foward was also mindful that he had another year left on his current deal with the Swans. “I spoke to one of my teammates earlier today (Thursday) and he said there’s a new manager at Swansea in former Portugal international Paulo Sousa.” “So things will be a bit different, but all the guys in the dressing room have ambitions of playing the Premiership and its no different with me. “I have a year left on my current deal with Swansea and it’s early days in the close season still. So I just have to wait and see what offers are there for me before the season starts back in August

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2009, 09:59:11 AM »
Burnley fans unimpressed: http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2125625284

Unimpressed? lol

u apparently didnt read the whole thread.

The fans arent ecstatic, but they generally seem to think that even if he only contributes 8-10 goals next season, he would have been a bargin at 1-2 million.

Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2009, 10:03:53 AM »
without a doubt i feel Scottie going to the PREM its just a case of which manager he feel he will succed better under...which club has a better chance staying up to him (prolly wigan cuz of their recent PREM pedigree) and definitely in this financial times..WHICH TEAM GIVING a 30 year old a GOOD salary

@ weary ...people still have berry because he really knows the TnT system and has a foot in the door abroad so he like the official super agent for Trinidad and Tobago...he represents alot if not almost all the overseas TT players....same to say with Jorge Mendes..portuguese agent for Deco Carvalho CRistiano Ronaldo and even Jose Mourinho...its just natural to stick with someone who knows your country (in jorge case from their country) that they feel has their better interest

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2009, 10:24:42 AM »
Burnley fans unimpressed: http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2125625284

Unimpressed? lol

u apparently didnt read the whole thread.

The fans arent ecstatic, but they generally seem to think that even if he only contributes 8-10 goals next season, he would have been a bargin at 1-2 million.

When I posted that the positive posters didn't show up yet.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2009, 10:55:12 AM »
Berry aka Napoleon because he have 2 b agent 4 life. Why peeps still have he being dey agent?

Would you prefer to be their agent? I really dont know why allyuh non-achievers forever on the backs of people who achieved things alyuh does only dream of. You all are truly sickening in truth. Give the board and football ah rest nah and go do something you know.......like wash dishes.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2009, 02:01:45 PM »

Would you prefer to be their agent? I really dont know why allyuh non-achievers forever on the backs of people who achieved things alyuh does only dream of. You all are truly sickening in truth. Give the board and football ah rest nah and go do something you know.......like wash dishes.

Yes if it was not 4 dis site we non achievers would have no where to express our views. Since u luv to comment on this non achiever I am obviously contributing 2 your 1 brain cell activity.

If u did use yuh 1 brain cell and follow d Jack affair wit Berry u would know dat Scotland should run far from he. Y u doh crawl back in yuh cae and spare me yuh nonesense.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>