April 28, 2024, 05:32:38 PM

Author Topic: Dennis lawrence, asset or serious liability??!!  (Read 6508 times)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dennis lawrence, asset or serious liability??!!
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2009, 01:28:32 PM »
the man is the best option we have at the moment.

And that is what is truly sad.  I find it hard to accept that Hislop is so far behind considering how much playing time he got under Pacho.  Radanfah might be able to step up even sooner than expected and even before Hislop.  And I find we neglegting Telesford.  He wasn't great in that US game in Chicago but he has a lot of upside imo.

Brudder at his age Abu is as fast as Dog. Since 07 Touches pointed dat out.

Indeed but in Central defense technique and execution is key.  Radanfah, has the size and apart from the bad positioning on the first goal in Mexico he was very steady so I beginning to feel he should get a a consistent run so as to improve.  I certainly not interested in both Dog and Lawrence starting though, that is ah molasses convention that will expose us more often than help.

Everybody poundin d defence but attack is d best form of defence so if d midfield do dey wuk and feed d forwards and if d forwards score dey chances d molasses defence will b d less of d focus

You sound like ah lazy man who hope every morning when yuh get up the beds go make up themselves or leave it to the maid she always reliable.hear meh nah the defence has a role to play as simple as that and it's to defend at all cost......

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2009, 01:32:02 PM »
Tallman is an asset

Eh heh! i didnt know d moderator of sw. net was a defender on d national squad?   ;D
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2009, 01:46:34 PM »
I have no opinion on wether Lawrence should continue playing or get dropped, I agree he makes errors, costly ones but so has every other defender we have used. I am disappointed that I haven't seen Keyno thomas recntly though. My point on Lawrence is that currently I can't see the defense dramatically improving with or without him. As individuals others mistakes may have been less costly, but as ah unit our defence hasn't played well fuh years. We should be more concerned about how we get our defenders to play together, if we figure that out, then the errors may start to reduce in number.

A slightly different perspective. If you ignored their ages and selected our defence based purely on the standard they currently play at and their number of starts with their clubs, which is a significant selection criteria for most national teams. I think you would find that Tallest is still one of the top three if not our number one defender at present.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2009, 01:58:11 PM »
Tallman is an asset

Eh heh! i didnt know d moderator of sw. net was a defender on d national squad?   ;D

Good catch
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2009, 02:11:14 PM »
tallest has become a serious liability :(

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2009, 03:45:44 PM »
the man is the best option we have at the moment.

And that is what is truly sad.  I find it hard to accept that Hislop is so far behind considering how much playing time he got under Pacho.  Radanfah might be able to step up even sooner than expected and even before Hislop.  And I find we neglegting Telesford.  He wasn't great in that US game in Chicago but he has a lot of upside imo.

Brudder at his age Abu is as fast as Dog. Since 07 Touches pointed dat out.

Indeed but in Central defense technique and execution is key.  Radanfah, has the size and apart from the bad positioning on the first goal in Mexico he was very steady so I beginning to feel he should get a a consistent run so as to improve.  I certainly not interested in both Dog and Lawrence starting though, that is ah molasses convention that will expose us more often than help.

Everybody poundin d defence but attack is d best form of defence so if d midfield do dey wuk and feed d forwards and if d forwards score dey chances d molasses defence will b d less of d focus

You sound like ah lazy man who hope every morning when yuh get up the beds go make up themselves or leave it to the maid she always reliable.hear meh nah the defence has a role to play as simple as that and it's to defend at all cost......

I guess d forwards is 2 score when dey feel like it because is goal does win matches.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2009, 03:53:43 PM »
Tallman is an asset

Good catch

hahah..my bad. I mean Tallest

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dennis lawrence, asset or serious liability!
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2009, 04:32:47 PM »
they should have been bringing in some new blood much earlier int he qualifiers and friendlies
and to bring back Dog as well to play with Lawernce was the worse decision possible.
2 extremely slow men...one who eh play for TT in 3 yrs.

politricks playing a big part there...but so it goes.
players like Julius should have gotten a fair chance long time

So Ash wed last yr till d goat was fired what dem set ah players was what kind ah blood.

remind me who he was calling up again?
Seon Power and akile is d only ones coming to mind

Cause i know u cannot be seriously defending Dog coming back into the team...
I could actually live with Lawerence but we depending on him too much now..he declining fast

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dennis lawrence, asset or serious liability!
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2009, 05:34:31 PM »
they should have been bringing in some new blood much earlier int he qualifiers and friendlies
and to bring back Dog as well to play with Lawernce was the worse decision possible.
2 extremely slow men...one who eh play for TT in 3 yrs.

politricks playing a big part there...but so it goes.
players like Julius should have gotten a fair chance long time

So Ash wed last yr till d goat was fired what dem set ah players was what kind ah blood.

remind me who he was calling up again?
Seon Power and akile is d only ones coming to mind

Cause i know u cannot be seriously defending Dog coming back into the team...
I could actually live with Lawerence but we depending on him too much now..he declining fast

My friend Makan around since Wim and no progress. My all time favorite Smith in d Bermuda game. So d defence wit Dog or witout Dog porus.

It amazing Dog is d worse ting in tugs and a whole town in Scotland just waiting 4 he to sign as Raith plays in division 1 in 09/10

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2009, 07:02:14 PM »
Ah wondering how much ah allyuh ever play sweeper. A lot of time the 'mistakes' the sweeper makes  is usually the product of prior mistakes, mispositioning, miscommunication or lack of same by other players.

Barring the keeper, the buck sometimes stops at the sweeper. Tallman made a good point. On this team, the sweeper DL ,does find heself sweeping up other people tata!!! allyuh watch the game good nah.

Now doh get meh wrong, ah not saying the man without fault, but watch and see why he does end up in some ah the position he does find heself in and try to relate it to yuh own experience .. that is if you ever play sweeper with a set a men that pulling yuh stones....midfield very much included.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2009, 07:36:53 PM »
Ah wondering how much ah allyuh ever play sweeper. A lot of time the 'mistakes' the sweeper makes  is usually the product of prior mistakes, mispositioning, miscommunication or lack of same by other players.

Barring the keeper, the buck sometimes stops at the sweeper. Tallman made a good point. On this team, the sweeper DL ,does find heself sweeping up other people tata!!! allyuh watch the game good nah.

Now doh get meh wrong, ah not saying the man without fault, but watch and see why he does end up in some ah the position he does find heself in and try to relate it to yuh own experience .. that is if you ever play sweeper with a set a men that pulling yuh stones....midfield very much included.
this is true on altidore's goal in the US...both Makan and Keyeno were drawn out of position by Donovan..which lead to the goal.

similalrly..the Costa Rica third goal..which he isn't as accountable as say Trent Noel...but he made a bad decision after the defence was already breached...if these were the errors he was making alone..i would have no quarrel

however, I've noticed for quite a while..Dennis has been lapsing greatly and making decisions a SENIOR defender should not do...

In the El Salvador game I counted at least three occasions Dennis was bailed out by either Spann or Akile after  being drawn out by opposition attackers...
On a counter attack I actually saw the maligned Akile had to tell Lawrence to return to a central position as both defenders seemed to be chasing the attacker with akile clearly in a better position to intercept...

In the US game..he left a long ball to go through to Ince..UNAWARE that Landon Donavan was making a run in behind him...we got lucky wid dat..along with several others people have overlooked

The US equaliser in the home win...he miscontrolled at the top of the box..which allowed Altidore to get the ball..altidore took a bad touch and Dennis went in and LOST a 50/50 challenge instead of attempting to clear..which leads to the US goal as our entire defence was exposed..

These are not errors an experienced defender is supposed to make..sweeper or  not...

We play a flat back four..with two centre halves..he is not the sweeper per se..

Offline 7 blessings

• Lion II Zion
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2009, 09:04:03 PM »
The two mean in the hole s the problem in defence (dog and talless') the wing backs dem haven't been doing too bad....need much improvement but i could see dem improving...but we hadda find two men for the center
Jesus Christ died for us....now it's time for us to Live for Him

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2009, 09:07:42 PM »
The two mean in the hole s the problem in defence (dog and talless') the wing backs dem haven't been doing too bad....need much improvement but i could see dem improving...but we hadda find two men for the center

Well if Mats eh find dem dey must be eh exist because all kinda ah peeps play 4 he. I say go wit d 2 under 20's

Offline WARRIORKING

• Deep into weaponry
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2009, 12:12:15 AM »
if thats the case scrap the entire team i see lil spanish youth men play better than them fellas . its about running hard  and constantly pressing if men can run for 90 mins they shouldn't be in the team period . doh matter who it is
My lyrical tendency`s equivalent to a critical felony
Precise behind bars like a criminal`s penalty
Pinnacle definitely, hold so much jewels in my miracle memory
It`s like I`m a physical treasury
I was born with a difficult destiny, not your typical mentally
Givin my vision through treacheries

Offline 7 blessings

• Lion II Zion
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2009, 09:09:35 AM »

Well if Mats eh find dem dey must be eh exist because all kinda ah peeps play 4 he. I say go wit d 2 under 20's

Agreed......we have some talented young defenders that i was hearing about a few months ago, that now enter into the MLS....even if them make some mistakes in the earlies, i always say if is anybody i rather see make lil fundamental mistakes is the young men that still learning their trade than these big experienced men and dem...ppl eh see that Lawrence even though i have real respec for all the man did been makin suspect plays a while now....ppl jus eh watch it because dem eh result directly in goals....and dog real suspec (nuff respect to u too Mr. Dog and all ur contribution) is not a defensive presence no more....and the rest of the HEX seeing that and them going and go straight to the heart oif or defense watch and see...we need some youth men who hungry to learn and improve SOME GOOD YOUTH MEN, not any youth man eh...because for all the improvements in the attack....we cannot try to be like ole school brazil with "u score one we score three kinda ting" we have to be solid at the back and give our attack some kinda support
Jesus Christ died for us....now it's time for us to Live for Him

1]; } ?>