March 29, 2024, 04:31:30 AM

Author Topic: Reggae Toyz stand a good chance for 2014 ?  (Read 3458 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Reggae Toyz stand a good chance for 2014 ?
« on: June 18, 2009, 04:16:17 AM »
When CONCACAF is allowed 12 spots !!!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

By de way, I talk to 2 yardman this morning about the issue and they was very happy. They said they applaud Jack Warner for going to try for this to happen in time for 2014. They told me finally Jamaica can qualify with a local team and may not have to rely on foreign born players.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 04:22:54 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Re: Reggae Toyz stand a good chance for 2014 ?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 04:26:17 AM »

Huh ? lol

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 05:40:08 AM »
allyuh men like to start up bachannal eh?

yuh know this thread going to rile up J2099 and co right?

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 06:13:10 AM »
That's unfair to J'ca. Twelve is an exaggeration.

Ten would be enough. Brits or no Brits.
But if they flop, they might buff Jack. For some reasons they usually seem to base their failure around JW or the TT team. Apparently we are the reason they fail. Not because they cant' win matches.

Ten teams is enough for them sam, not twelve.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 07:34:41 AM »
allyuh men like to start up bachannal eh?

yuh know this thread going to rile up J2099 and co right?

Who cares dey does just rile me up by there mere presence.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline jamaica98

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 07:36:30 AM »
I am amazed at the irony of a country using a white man, born and bred in England to qualify for the WC, can criticize another country for using the same - well, black players.  :beermug:
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 07:38:12 AM by jamaica98 »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 07:40:00 AM »
hear you 98... says it all
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 07:45:37 AM »
I am amazed at the irony of a country using a white man, born and bred in England to qualify for the WC, can criticize another country for using the same - well, black players.  :beermug:

LOUD LOUD STEUPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 08:30:25 AM »

By de way, I talk to 2 yardman this morning about the issue and they was very happy. They said they applaud Jack Warner for going to try for this to happen in time for 2014. They told me finally Jamaica can qualify with a local team and may not have to rely on foreign born players.

What? another Jamaica thread? Do you guys dream about Jamaica when you go to bed at nights?  :)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 08:31:41 AM »

Yea, Dennis Lawrence white.. he goal took us to the world cup by de way....

And who was the coach for de 98 Reggae Toyz, a Puerto Rican born in Brazil. And dont talk about colour because a yellow coloured striker name Deon Burton was de best player you had.

Send more sheltox...

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 08:33:07 AM »
What? another Jamaica thread? Do you guys dream about Jamaica when you go to bed at nights?  :)

More like a nightmare.

Send more toyz...

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 08:33:51 AM »

More like a nightmare.

Send more toyz...

Jamaica giving you nightmares? What, you still having dreams of that 6-0 thrashing almost 8 years ago?  ;D

dont worry, there are no games planned between both nations soon. so relax and  sleep well.

Offline jamaica98

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2009, 08:35:46 AM »

And who was the coach for de 98 Reggae Toyz, a Puerto Rican born in Brazil. And dont talk about colour because a yellow coloured striker name Deon Burton was de best player you had.

Send more sheltox...

Lord knows I have no intention of getting into a debate with you, but would seriously like to know if your other 3k+ posts are as stupid as in this thread?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 08:41:37 AM by jamaica98 »

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2009, 08:40:02 AM »

Send more sheltox...

OK guys, keep the race thing out of football, please.

For the record, Jamaica and T&T in the same boat when it comes to use of foreign born players. Its just that Jamaica has a larger pool of overseas born talent to choose from. Not surprising really, when you look at the number of players with Jamaican lineage to habve played for the three lions. I had a classmate that was cousin to none other than the england legend Ian Wright. Our own John Barnes captained england.

Then our athletes have represented other countries as well. Linford Christie, Donovan Bailey to name a few.

It works both way for us...

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2009, 08:44:52 AM »

Send more sheltox...

For the record, Jamaica and T&T in the same boat when it comes to use of foreign born players. Its just that Jamaica has a larger pool of overseas born talent to choose from. Not surprising really, when you look at the number of players with Jamaican lineage to habve played for the three lions. I had a classmate that was cousin to none other than the england legend Ian Wright. Our own John Barnes captained england.

Then our athletes have represented other countries as well. Linford Christie, Donovan Bailey to name a few.

Sorry RF, I doh go both ways.... :rotfl:

And we not in de same boat. T&T did it with 99% local born and bread and raise players.

Further more if them 98 members could have made the England team I am sure you won't even have qualified.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2009, 08:48:42 AM »

More like a nightmare.

Send more toyz...

Jamaica giving you nightmares? What, you still having dreams of that 6-0 thrashing almost 8 years ago?  ;D

dont worry, there are no games planned between both nations soon. so relax and  sleep well.

And how much Iran beat yuh team... 8-1, nah, not even T&T C team ever lost by so much.... even on my PSP we never lose so much...

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2009, 08:49:20 AM »
Lord knows I have no intention of getting into a debate with you, but would seriously like to know if your other 3k+ posts are as stupid as in this thread?

Send more Goats !!!!!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2009, 08:50:44 AM »
I feel a riddle coming on....

Hey Bill,
What...
You ever f00ck a Jamaican ?
Well, I taught I had until I saw a Trini f00ck one....

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2009, 09:05:06 AM »

In this day and age people still bringing race into football....

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2009, 09:56:07 AM »
I feel a riddle coming on....

Hey Bill,
What...
You ever f00ck a Jamaican ?
Well, I taught I had until I saw a Trini f00ck one....

Oh boy....

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2009, 11:16:28 AM »
i think they could...they deserve to be in the hex right now actually.....but be real though we need more caribbean teams in de hex. de hex always looking like conmebol part 2 dread.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2009, 11:22:00 AM »
i think they could...they deserve to be in the hex right now actually.....but be real though we need more caribbean teams in de hex. de hex always looking like conmebol part 2 dread.

They deserve to be in the hex right now ??????.... but didn't they got knocked out ? how can you deserve to be somewhere and you got knocked out fair and square ? its not like it was a flip of a coin..

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2009, 11:24:34 AM »

They deserve to be in the hex right now ??????.... but didn't they got knocked out ? how can you deserve to be somewhere and you got knocked out fair and square ? its not like it was a flip of a coin..

i dont find whats so funny...i just putting out my opinion. they were clearly playing better than mexico at the time and to come back from a big deficit to tie mexico at 10 points is something to think about.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2009, 11:24:52 AM »

Send more sheltox...

Sorry RF, I doh go both ways.... :rotfl:

And we not in de same boat. T&T did it with 99% local born and bread and raise players.

Further more if them 98 members could have made the England team I am sure you won't even have qualified.

Doesnt matter if you use 1 or 12...fact of the matter is that you used England born players....I can name at least 12 such players that have represented you over the years, From Ian cox, Ronny Mauge etc. If memory serves me correct, you have also used Brazilian born players.

Talk all the talk you want to talk....the legacy that Jamaica has is that Theo Whitmore bagged a Brace at the world cup finals to give us a win. Born and bred in the rural hills of Montego Bay Jamaica

Come to think of it, it would be interesting to know the number of CONCACAF teams to have played in the finals without securing a win.

I know El Salvador and Honduras have played in the finals...I dont believe they have ever won a game there

;D

« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 11:31:10 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2009, 11:27:27 AM »

More like a nightmare.

Send more toyz...

And how much Iran beat yuh team... 8-1, nah, not even T&T C team ever lost by so much.... even on my PSP we never lose so much...

Yes, we lost to Iran 8-1 with our predominantly under-23 squad that Bora was preparing for the under-23 Olympic qualifuers

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2009, 11:35:20 AM »
Yes, we lost to Iran 8-1 with our predominantly under-23 squad that Bora was preparing for the under-23 Olympic qualifuers

Under 23.....  :rotfl:

I know form sure Iran use many young players are well... and didn't Indonesia beat you to...

OK..... tell me who is under 23 here..

Line up vs Iran
Dwayne Miller **
Donald Stewart
Adrian Reid
Mario Swaby *
Lovel Palmer 4*
Nicholy Finlayson 6*
Richard Edwards
Demar Phillips
Mario Harrison 5*
Wolry Wolfe 3*
Fabian Taylor *

Substitutions: 
Allien Whittaker
Xavian Virgo *(26)
Richard McCallum **(46)
Fabian Davis 3*(46)
Rodolph Austin 4*(54)
Keneil Moodie 5*(62)
Donovan Davis 6*(81)

And in anycase, under 23 is senior players RF.....
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 11:38:32 AM by Sam »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2009, 11:37:31 AM »
Doesnt matter if you use 1 or 12...fact of the matter is that you used England born players....I can name at least 12 such players that have represented you over the years, From Ian cox, Ronny Mauge etc. If memory serves me correct, you have also used Brazilian born players.

Talk all the talk you want to talk....the legacy that Jamaica has is that Theo Whitmore bagged a Brace at the world cup finals to give us a win. Born and bred in the rural hills of Montego Bay Jamaica

Come to think of it, it would be interesting to know the number of CONCACAF teams to have played in the finals without securing a win.

I know El Salvador and Honduras have played in the finals...I dont believe they have ever won a game there

;D

None of those players you called help get us to the world cup...

Furthermore, we didn't take our team to the world cup and give preference to the foreign born like you did.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2009, 12:27:10 PM »

;D

None of those players you called help get us to the world cup...

Furthermore, we didn't take our team to the world cup and give preference to the foreign born like you did.

You missing the point...my pouint is you have used England born player, wether or not thy have helped you in any significant way is irrelivant. Didnt Birchall score vs Bahrain? Wasnt Cox and integral part of your defence at the finals? or leading up to the finals?

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2009, 12:31:07 PM »

Under 23.....  :rotfl:

I know form sure Iran use many young players are well... and didn't Indonesia beat you to...

OK..... tell me who is under 23 here..

Line up vs Iran
Dwayne Miller **
Donald Stewart
Adrian Reid
Mario Swaby *
Lovel Palmer 4*
Nicholy Finlayson 6*
Richard Edwards
Demar Phillips
Mario Harrison 5*
Wolry Wolfe 3*
Fabian Taylor *

Substitutions: 
Allien Whittaker
Xavian Virgo *(26)
Richard McCallum **(46)
Fabian Davis 3*(46)
Rodolph Austin 4*(54)
Keneil Moodie 5*(62)
Donovan Davis 6*(81)

And in anycase, under 23 is senior players RF.....

Yes, Iran is better than Jamaica....judging from what I saw of their recent games. They have a good core of players playing in top leagues accross the globe.  The team they used was their full strength national squad, if it so happens that most of them are under-23, then more power to them. they beat the guts out if the Jamaica team fair and square.

1]; } ?>