April 28, 2024, 03:23:21 PM

Author Topic: Tinto: Latapy's advice helped me  (Read 3419 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Tinto: Latapy's advice helped me
« on: June 18, 2009, 01:49:16 PM »
Tinto: Latapy's advice helped me.
By Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago’s first and only goalscorer at the Estadio Azteca Hayden Tinto has revealed how encouragement by National Team head coach Russell Latapy helped him to believe that he had the qualities to perform well for the country on the international stage.

The 23-year-old Joe Public attacker who made his debut in a 5-1 win over Martinique during the 2007 Digicel Caribbean Championship, was used only once by former head coach Francisco Maturana in a 0-0 draw with Guadeloupe in 2007. But Latapy saw enough in him to give him two starts in a row with the gamble paying off in Mexico City when his first half strike gave T&T hope of salvaging at least a point.

“He (Latapy) has always been talking to me in training and before the games, telling me what I need to do in order to have a good game for myself and for the team. He's been giving me some good advice and I try my best to follow whatever he says,” Tinto said.

“Ever since the training sessions before the Costa Rica game I started to feel more confident and I thought I was doing good enough to be in the team and then I got my chance against Costa Rica. It wasn’t too surprising but it was a big day for me to walk out there.”

His goal which brought the scores level at the Azteca has gone down in the record books but could also spur him on to hitting the target more often and creating further openings for players around him.

“I think it would help my confidence more now. Now that we have a break before the next game I will go back to my club and continue training hard so that I can get a call back to the national team. I always try to keep myself as fit as possible so when the opportunity comes up I can be ready for it. Maybe I bring something different to the attack and once it can help the team then I’m happy to play that role,” added the T&T international.

Coming into the fray alongside more recognized names like Dwight Yorke, Kenwyne Jones and Carlos Edwards, Tinto, formerly of Caledonia AIA of Morvant Laventille admitted that at first he was overwhelmed but soon settled down.

“At first it was a very anxious time for me but just being around players like Dennis (Lawrence) and Dwight Yorke was a pleasant feeling for me and I settled down and started playing the football. The main thing is to remain focused and work hard and to take the coach’s advice whenever it comes,” the Joe Public player noted.

“Now I’ll go back to Joe Public and train hard again. Joe Public is a good team. I like their style of football and they have welcomed me there so hopefully I can help them to more success.”

Meantime, plans are being drawn up currently in relation to the August 12 World Cup qualifier at home to El Salvador and Latapy will continue to monitor the players’ progress as some of them head into preseason training.

An invitation  has been extended by Grenada to have T&T’s Senior Team face their Senior Team in a friendly international there on June 27. Grenada, under new coach former West Ham defender Tommy Taylor, are preparing to contest the 2009 CONCACAF Gold Cup and is expected to have a team inclusive of a few of their UK-based professionals for the encounter against T&T.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/RTS_rwAzfKI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/RTS_rwAzfKI</a>
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 06:48:00 PM by Flex »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tinto credits Latapy
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 02:01:31 PM »
So d game in Grenada
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 02:32:47 PM »
 :sleepy:
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 02:58:45 PM »
It appears that Latapy is a motivator and encourager. Just what any team needs. That will help with team unity and chemistry.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 03:01:34 PM »
Tinto and Carlos are the only players that bring any kinda quickness or edge to our team.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 03:03:54 PM »
It appears that Latapy is a motivator and encourager. Just what any team needs. That will help with team unity and chemistry.

Dat is what d 06 team
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 03:04:52 PM »
Tinto and Carlos are the only players that bring any kinda quickness or edge to our team.

If yuh talking bout hustle too then add Birchall!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 03:10:20 PM »

Dat is what d 06 team

Motivation and encouragement is needed by any team, young or old. It is a crucial ingredient.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 03:12:55 PM »

If yuh talking bout hustle too then add Birchall!

nah, not hustle. I talking about the edge needed to create a goal, blow past your defender, advance the ball, change games
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 03:17:37 PM »

When Keon Daniel credited Maturana for much the same things....saying pretty much the same as what Tinto is saying about Latas....was that what any team needed and helped with team unity and chemistry too?

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 03:17:55 PM »

Glen too but he best in counter attacks where he carn turn defenders.  Tinto and Edwards can start from a dead ball and accelerate.  Darryl Roberts and Jaggy also have that kind of pace and skill but they can't win call ups to save their lives

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 03:18:52 PM »

When Keon Daniel credited Maturana for much the same things....saying pretty much the same as what Tinto is saying about Latas....was that what any team needed and helped with team unity and chemistry too?

No dat was just de dumbtist being dumb.  Follow nah Palos sheesh!! ::)

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2009, 03:24:26 PM »

Yep!!! Whoever doing it, it doesn't matter; regardless of what we may think of Mats. If he was motivating and encouraging his players he was on the right track.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tinto: Latapy's advice helped me
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2009, 08:07:37 PM »
Yeah, but to bad Keon got worst and regress under Mats .He went from the best prospect ,to pretty soon off the team .

So Latas just tork to him ,not really personally train him as yet  ,this is just natural Hayden Tinto .

Thats nice of Grenada to respect us enough ,to invite us to try and help them . We could tell them no ...f off we want to play good teams   ;D ,that will go over well .
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 08:16:07 PM by Quagmire »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2009, 09:43:21 PM »
Yeah, but to bad Keon got worst and regress under Mats .He went from the best prospect ,to pretty soon off the team .

So Latas just tork to him ,not really personally train him as yet  ,this is just natural Hayden Tinto .

Thats nice of Grenada to respect us enough ,to invite us to try and help them . We could tell them no ...f off we want to play good teams   ;D ,that will go over well .
        Aye Breds you have it wrong is we that want the help,how could a team at the bottom of the table in the Hex help anybody,you feel when we play Tobago we was helping Tobago,is Tobago that have us playing the way we playing,you feel Latas don't know what he doing. :devil:

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 07:38:51 AM »

Glen too but he best in counter attacks where he carn turn defenders.  Tinto and Edwards can start from a dead ball and accelerate.  Darryl Roberts and Jaggy also have that kind of pace and skill but they can't win call ups to save their lives

Good call on Glen, but I haven't seen it from him in about 3 years

Offline 7 blessings

• Lion II Zion
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2009, 08:59:45 AM »
Jaggy! Jaggy! Jaggy!  I wah dis yute on the team bad!
Jesus Christ died for us....now it's time for us to Live for Him

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2009, 10:24:32 AM »

Good call on Glen, but I haven't seen it from him in about 3 years

It's all about service though.  Glen moves well when he plays and get's opportunities.  Problem is he benefitted tremendously in Beenies lineup because the team played more compact and passed the ball a lot better, allowing him to exploit defenders on the counter.  Now even when we play 4-5-1 is voom kick and let the forward chase it rendering them unable to get a sensable ball in transition/ run of play that they can control and move forward with. Watching the game he played for San Jose he was extremely active and getting good opportunities as a result.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2009, 11:55:27 AM »
I feel like we always have a problem advancing the ball from the half line. I find that we are really most successful at this when we give Carlos (and in the Mexico game Tinto and Keon) the ball and let them run with it. (Glen too)
Our best opportunities arise out of these situations.

It just seems like our midfielders don't have the fitness or the vision to keep moving into space to get free.
If you look at us when we are in possession, everyone is standing up, allowign themselves to be marked. This is in stark contrast to the top teams such as Barcelona or Man U. Everybody is trying to get open, allowing the ball to be moved easily.

But this has been a flaw of ours for a long time.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2009, 12:04:38 PM »
I feel like we always have a problem advancing the ball from the half line. I find that we are really most successful at this when we give Carlos (and in the Mexico game Tinto and Keon) the ball and let them run with it. (Glen too)
Our best opportunities arise out of these situations.

It just seems like our midfielders don't have the fitness or the vision to keep moving into space to get free.
If you look at us when we are in possession, everyone is standing up, allowign themselves to be marked. This is in stark contrast to the top teams such as Barcelona or Man U. Everybody is trying to get open, allowing the ball to be moved easily.

But this has been a flaw of ours for a long time.

Well to Latas credit the team does seem to be moving better without the ball, so we'll see

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2009, 06:28:07 AM »

You forgot Cornell...
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2009, 06:13:39 PM »

You forgot Cornell...

COSIGN

1]; } ?>