April 18, 2024, 04:05:24 PM

Author Topic: Vuvuzelas  (Read 28133 times)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dutch coach joins chorus to ban vuvuzela
« Reply #150 on: June 16, 2010, 11:45:16 PM »
Now that song stuck in my head.
It would have been perfect if they had included a constant vuvuzela background.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 17, 2010, 03:44:33 AM »
I dunno what shit you talkin' about live broadcast vs tape-delay and all that.  The PLAYERS had to play with streams of confetti and toilet paper cascading onto the playing area up to the final game between Argentina and Holland, which is far more of a distraction to the PLAYERS than vuvuzelas in the stadium today.  No coach or player BACK THEN made it an issue to publicize any issues with it like evra and whatever coaches did now.

Tuntunhole... the point of the matter is that you can't compare what took place 30 years ago and say if it was good enough then it should be good enough now.  The point about the tape delays... since it obviously went over your head... is that unlike then, now there are millions of dollars tied up in World Cup broadcasting.  So all ah dat confetti and toilet paper yuh trumpeting wouldn't pass muster today because broadcasters who have invested millions wouldn't stand for it.  Back then not too many people watched the World Cup on TV, and whomever was lucky enough to see it on TV wouldn't mind the confetti and toilet paper.  To use that as a baseline undermines your analogy because today the viewing dynamics have changed as have the stake involved.  Given your obvious cognitive deficiencies I won't be surprised if all of that still ends up lost on you.

Boy, if there's a bigger c**t than you in the world it must either be in a museum or buried, undiscovered, under millions of years of sedimentary rock in the Caucus mountains somewhere.  I am obviously referring to the so-called players' and coaches' complaints about the vuvzelas separate from the complaints of armchair assholes like yourself.....but I guess for all the talk of points going over people's heads, with your head being so far up your own ass (or maybe some other guy's own) you can't tell what's going over or under your own damned head.  The complaints that are coming from the area of the pitch, i.e. the players and/or the coaches, like patrice evra and the dutch coach, have nothing to do with tape delay or broadcast and "viewing dynamics" yuh c**t! Their experiences with the stadium atmosphere can only come from the perspective of playing and communicating on the field of play. WTF you goin' on about broadcast for?? 
Furthermore, if Argentina were to host a WC in the near future, the atmosphere would be the same, just as it is in their domestic league.  However, I guess the advertisers for those games don't mind the confetti.

The vuvuzelas are here to stay so get over it already! 
As far as I am concerned, the television production crews are doing a great job in making the broadcasters be heard above the drone of the vuvuzelas, so I ain't gonna be one of them people that are sitting at home watching it on television, and pretending to make them an issue just so I could jump on the bandwagon of complainers. Nor am I in the stands to experience the true atmosphere of the game and their effect.  In fact, for every goal that has been scored in this WC, I have been able to hear the crowds' reactions above the drone.     

Actually the quality of the sound has improved... whether you choose to recognize that or not.  The Vuvuzelas resonate at a particular frequency and that frequency has been isolated and filtered.  Again, I don't expect you to understand any of that.  No it has not, plain and simple.  Nothing to "understand". Would you like me to send you a copy of the first and last games played and you can test it with your professional sound equipment and maccocious ears to see that the broadcasters can be heard just as loud and clear above the drone in the last game as they were in the first?  My original point is that the broadcast, as in the commentary, can be heard loud and clear above the vuvuzelas 

ESPN is responsible for doing it's sound production of its broadcast, not some third party....unless, you know for a fact, mister audio technician, that espn is incapable of taking a feed of "the sounds of the World cup" i.e. live play and stadium noise, from a third party and mixing it and re-distributing that at levels that would hinder its broadcast from the booth from being heard properly by its subscribers, i.e. people like you and Joe Schmoe, over here in the usa (and everybody else that is complaining about the "noise").   I guess until that so-called third party of yours had put in them additional fliters you speak about, john harkes and martin tyler and them must have had to have been SCREAMING into their microphones in order for you and Joe Schmoe to hear the broadcast.

Backsidehole... since, yuh want to resort to ad hominems... ESPN IS NOT doing it's own sound production, nor is ABC... nor is Univision  The company which has sole authority for broadcasting the games is Host Broadcast Services... as was clearly stated in that link I provided.  Maybe you'd like a nice note in crayon next time since you clearly have problems reading what's on your screen.  HBS provides the feed on behalf of FIFA to the global networks whom themselves have purchased the rights to transmit the signal to their proprietary regions around the world.

The ad hominenms are necessary and appropriate since you need to be held by the hand and explained that
 when I refer to "broadcast" on this subject, I am referring to the announcers, as in, the commentator and analyst teams giving us the play by play.  HBS is responsible for the overall video and audio production of the entire World Cup, but each of the subscribing Licencees, like ESPN, BBC etc., are allowed to add their own commentary even though HBS is providing english commentary for each of the 64 games.  See, this is where john harkes, Martin Tyler, Efan Ekoku and Co. come in. In being able to add their own commentary, ESPN gets some control of its own production/re-production or generically speaking, "broadcast" to package and distribute for you and Joe, Jackass. In doing so, they had already taken the necessary proactive steps to ensure that the vuvzelas would not interfere with their "broadcast" and they did that from the onset.  That is what your article in the New York Times states....unless you are suggesting that ESPN sent a team of broadcasters and analysts to Soth Africa (or where the f**k ever they are) without a production crew.   So I guess the Mix Adio that ESPN are using, they sent a runner to HBS with it and asked them to put it on their equipment. But even though you deleted the post I am sure you can go and still refer to it at your idiotic leisure.

http://www.hbs.tv/orientation/

*******You so smart until you outsmart yuh own self. I now read the article you referenced.....according to it, your source, ESPN to proactive steps to filter out the vuvuzelas and never lobbied FIFA to ban them because they didn't have to.  Their experience with nascar and the nba gave them the expertise to properly transmit an event to its subscribers without interference from the noise of the event itself.  In other words, they had already taken steps to make sure the broadcast was not compromised from the word go.  That is my original point.  So I eh have to thank shit for no "better" broadcast.  As I said, it was good enough from the onset. It never got "better" ******

You need to take some ah dat Argentinian toilet paper yuh keep talking about and wipe yuh computer screen, because you ent typing nutten but ah setta shit.  Furthermore yuh conclusively demonstrate that basic reading comprehension is beyond your grasp.  ESPN took steps on their end to filter the feed they received from HBS.  HBS, after taking note of the complaints from broadcasters doubled the filter.  I'd tell you to read the article again... but that would just be a further waste of time absent pictures and stick figure diagrams.  None of the broadcasters understandably want to go on record as having complained about the vuvuzelas for fear that they'd be portrayed as "culturally" insensitive to SA.  All along people have been hesitant to criticize the SA effort, a) b/c FIFA has frowned upon such criticism; and b) because they know that it inevitably will have dotish people who will take criticism of the S. African effort as anti-African sentiment... and some ignorant black people will get all up in arms in knee-jerk reaction to it.

You could continue to deny that the sound hasn't gotten "better" all you want, but the difference is clear... and the broadcaster has revealed as much.  Your name-calling only seems more amusing given the fact that you clearly read and don't understand what it is yuh reading, so to compensate for that yuh start with yuh hormonal ranting.  Unbunch yuh panties and try and understand what it is yuh reading next time.

I could only continue to laugh at you.  You so bright 'til yuh become chupid again.  You love to talk about people cognitive skills and only displaying your own lack thereof and your obsession for visualizing men in panties.  You could research and google and wikipedia until yuh fingers fall off, but clearly have no field experience in half the shit yuh like to play yuh tryin' to talk down to people about.  I would pity the people responsible for bringing a c**t like you into this world, but since goat doh make sheep I should reserve my pity for the people that have to put up with the lot of you.  WHAT an ass!!   
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 03:57:19 AM by Mango Chow! »

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 17, 2010, 06:14:48 AM »
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

giggsy11

« Reply #153 on: June 17, 2010, 06:18:03 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: So I take it yuh not watchin the game or yuh have PIP?

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 17, 2010, 06:19:26 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: So I take it yuh not watchin the game?

multi tasking - TV in the office showing the game, Warrior Nation on one monitor and work on the second monitor

:rotfl:
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 17, 2010, 07:44:00 AM »
Vuvuzelas dividing the forum- ban them!

:D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 17, 2010, 07:49:42 AM »

on the contrary, all the more reason to keep them around lol 

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 17, 2010, 08:59:08 AM »
All i have to say is...I see lots of shots of fans in the stadiums, and a lot without the Vs and they ent look like it bothering them one bit...man I am sure if it was that annoying, all them big time dignitaries (sp) (ah too lazy to make sure ah spell it right lol) woulda fine ah way to stop it by now.

Really DeSoWa? to me, those fans look very uneasy and lifeless.
Hart for president

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 17, 2010, 09:21:00 AM »
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 17, 2010, 12:49:52 PM »
Voices drowning out vuvuzelas in the France - Mexico game...

First time I've observed in this cup. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 17, 2010, 01:29:43 PM »

People must be getting fed up ah de blasted thing and gone back to creating true atmosphere...singing and chanting and beating drums....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 17, 2010, 01:54:54 PM »

People must be getting fed up ah de blasted thing and gone back to creating true atmosphere...singing and chanting and beating drums....

or they filtering it better on the original feed... i notice less vuvuzelas in the greece nigeria game too
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 17, 2010, 03:27:24 PM »

or they filtering it better on the original feed... i notice less vuvuzelas in the greece nigeria game too

....maybe the South African spirit is broken after yesterday's loss and less of them attending the games....wit dey instruments.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 17, 2010, 04:41:07 PM »

Why yuh say dat?  Nah man... is nutten but Love, Peace and Nappiness!

Well so de people dem who originating de feed say dey doing... but dat cyah be right, is break de poor South African and dem heart break and dey stop buying ticket... wit dey instruments of course.  Never mind de fact dat we know is not juss de Bafana Bafana fans deyself was blowing de "instrument from hell".

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 17, 2010, 05:52:45 PM »
Bringing the sensation to socawarriors.net.
http://www.vuvuzela-time.co.uk/www.socawarriors.net/forum/

ah love it  :rotfl:

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 17, 2010, 06:04:58 PM »

ay yai yaiii...  :rotfl: it really catch me by surprise  ;D

EDIT: Allyuh open 5 windows of that link while you browsing...  :rotfl:

Midknight and Bake and Shark not allyuh... don't even open one
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 06:10:01 PM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 17, 2010, 06:47:36 PM »

ay yai yaiii...  :rotfl: it really catch me by surprise  ;D

EDIT: Allyuh open 5 windows of that link while you browsing...  :rotfl:

Midknight and Bake and Shark not allyuh... don't even open one

I master have 5-6 windows open one time too... lol

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 17, 2010, 06:53:17 PM »

Why yuh say dat?  Nah man... is nutten but Love, Peace and Nappiness!

Well so de people dem who originating de feed say dey doing... but dat cyah be right, is break de poor South African and dem heart break and dey stop buying ticket... wit dey instruments of course.  Never mind de fact dat we know is not juss de Bafana Bafana fans deyself was blowing de "instrument from hell".

According to king-know-it-all, they shoulda been hearing voices (or "noticing" less vuvzelas) 5 days ago.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 17, 2010, 07:03:47 PM »
  According to king-know-it-all, they shoulda been hearing voices (or "noticing" less vuvzelas) 5 days ago.

Lol  :rotfl:

So dat is what all this belly-aching about?  Man have real insecurity complex boy, lol

Anyways... 5 days ago was Saturday... yuh know, Match Day #2?  That likely was too early for them to listen to criticism, consider changes and then implement it.  Likely de ole noise carried on thru the weekend and not until Monday or Tuesday they double the filter.  Fuh everybody but you and yuh special TV of course, you still getting de original feed.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 17, 2010, 07:20:37 PM »

Lol  :rotfl:

So dat is what all this belly-aching about?  Man have real insecurity complex boy, lol

Anyways... 5 days ago was Saturday... yuh know, Match Day #2?  That likely was too early for them to listen to criticism, consider changes and then implement it.  Likely de ole noise carried on thru the weekend and not until Monday or Tuesday they double the filter.  Fuh everybody but you and yuh special TV of course, you still getting de original feed.

OK, sorry.  3 days ago.  Two days ago.......but anytime before TODAY...or the Nigeria-Greece game......maybe nobody noticed it in the Argentina game, that, according to king-know-it-all, the filters were being tweaked enough so that the broadcast commentary (remember, I have to spell it out fuh yuh nuh) could be heard clearly above the din of the "instrument from hell."   Maybe is just you and your obsolete tv that couldn't hear the commentary. The filters wasn't including your bandwidth.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 18, 2010, 06:53:22 AM »
I HEAR OLE OLE 2DAY. D WC is back :rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 18, 2010, 06:54:07 AM »
I HEAR OLE OLE 2DAY. D WC is back :rotfl:

Amen!!!.... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 21, 2010, 05:28:46 AM »
June 21, 2010

The Vuvuzela: Uniquely African, Made in China
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Filed at 6:55 a.m. ET

BEIJING (AP) -- If those buzzing, honking vuvuzelas are marring your World Cup experience, don't expect much sympathy from Chinese businesswoman Gua Lili.

Gua's Guangda Toy Factory in the eastern manufacturing hub of Yiwu has produced and shipped more than 1 million of the plastic trumpets, whose sound has been likened to a swarm of angry bees. Production is steaming ahead at up to 20,000 units per day.

Chinese media report that up to 90 percent of the vuvuzelas sold in South Africa during the World Cup were made in China, mainly by factories in the provinces of Zhejiang, where Yiwu is located, and Guangdong to the south.

And if you thought the noisemakers' would just fade away after the World Cup ends next month, Gua is betting you're wrong.

''We believe the market for vuvuzela trumpets will expand after the World Cup as people from more countries began to love them,'' she said.

Gua, whose factory also makes other plastic noise makers such as whistles, said demand for the trumpets was also rising in China, Europe and the United States, where they've most recently shown up at Boston's Fenway Park, adding decibels to a baseball game between the Red Sox and the Arizona Diamondbacks.

Not everyone is a fan, though. Players have been criticizing the noise because they find it difficult to take advice from the bench, and visiting fans have no chance for community singing amid the noise. A French cable TV channel even offers vuvuzela-free broadcasts for all World Cup matches, with the trumpets digitally tuned out.

Defenders include FIFA President Sepp Blatter, Nobel Peace Prize winner Archbishop Desmond Tutu -- and masses of South African football fans.

The trumpets were first produced and marketed in 2001 by South African Neil Van Schalkwyk, who still owns the rights to the vuvuzela name. His latest innovation is to sell each with a pair of earplugs included.

Chinese companies won the lion's share of the vuvuzela market they same way they've come to dominate industries from sports shoes to DVD players: quality, fast turnaround, and low-low costs.

Gua said her company sells vuvuzelas to purchasing agents at no more than 2.5 yuan (36 cents) each, with a profit margin of less than 7 percent. Overseas, they sell for up to $10, she said.

''Now we're turning our eye on the Chinese market as the domestic demand started to surge in the last a few days,'' Gua said.

A sales manager with Letoys in Guangdong province, said his company began supplying vuvuzela's to the South African market several years ago and has since racked up worldwide sales of about 1 million.

''We will continue to produce it as long as there is a market demand,'' said the manager, who, gave only his surname, Zeng.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Cup officials learn to cope with sound of vuvuzelas
« Reply #174 on: June 22, 2010, 11:05:04 AM »
Cup officials learn to cope with sound of vuvuzelas
BBC

Vuvuzela noise is now part of Fifa's training sessions for officials in South Africa, according to Devon-based assistant referee Mike Mullarkey.

Mullarkey made his World Cup debut in last week's Group H match between Spain and Switzerland.

He told BBC Devon: "When we're doing our training exercises Fifa are actually playing recorded sounds of vuvuzelas through the speakers.

"For three hours a day we're exposed to that sound which helps preparation."

Mullarkey continued: "So when it comes to the match situation it's an environment that we're very used to."

The Exeter resident is part of a three-strong English contingent of officials at the South Africa, alongside referee Howard Webb and fellow assistant Darren Cann.

The drone of vuvuzelas led to numerous complaints during the initial stages of the World Cup, although organisers swiftly ruled out banning the plastic horn.

Portugal winger Cristiano Ronaldo was one of the players who claimed the noise affects concentration, while some fans watching on television said they struggled to hear commentary.

But with exposure to the constant noise included in their training sessions, Mullarkey is hoping the English officials can rise to the occasion and be selected for further games as the tournament progresses.

He said: "If England got through to the semi-finals or final, clearly we couldn't be involved.

"But if England aren't there, there are many other factors, and many other experienced referees all vying for the ultimate accolade of being involved in the latter stages.

"So we're just concentrating on our job at the moment, which is successfully negotiating the next appointment that we receive."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: Vuvuzelas
« Reply #175 on: June 22, 2010, 12:07:55 PM »
Now that song stuck in my head.
It would have been perfect if they had included a constant vuvuzela background.

I thought that, then i realised that if they had included a constant vuvuzela background it would have been

GODAWFULLY AND ANNOYINGLY MONOTONOUS
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 22, 2010, 01:27:46 PM »
Origin of the Vuvuzela found!

« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 12:35:46 AM by Bitter »

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 22, 2010, 04:59:05 PM »
Origin of the Vuvuzela found!

Wha it is yuh post so that cyah show up ???

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 25, 2010, 04:33:00 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/eIGIAh2GTOA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/eIGIAh2GTOA</a>

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 25, 2010, 07:03:12 AM »
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

1]; } ?>