April 25, 2024, 06:42:44 AM

Author Topic: Vuvuzelas  (Read 28197 times)

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Vuvuzela - Legendary Horn!
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2010, 01:55:32 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SrYb9qtO8OQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/SrYb9qtO8OQ</a>

Més que un club.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Vuvuzela - Legendary Horn!
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2010, 02:07:12 PM »
hahaha....the mini Vuvu sound like a miserable baby dread lol....

I for one support the Vuvuzela... I agree with Blatter- it's part of the culture and if yuh want to have the tournament in SA, yuh have to adapt... 

By the 2nd or 3rd game of the CONFED Cup I didn't even notice it anymore -was like background noise. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: The Vuvuzela - Legendary Horn!
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2010, 02:24:35 PM »
Say goodbye to a thread soon to be destined to the "Merge" heap.  ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Dutch coach joins chorus to ban vuvuzela
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2010, 04:27:32 PM »
LMAO!!  ;D ;D ;D :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2010, 05:47:51 PM »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2010, 06:03:01 PM »
I was watching a piece on CNN about a religious group in South Africa who say they are the rightfull owners of the Vuvuzela.  They say they don't like how its being used by supporters of football.  Well unfortunately for them, they can't do anything about it...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2010, 06:07:53 PM »
so when de World Cup comes to TnT, of course with our most dearly beloved's Austin "Jack" Warner's help, they will want to ban Our Riddum Section also :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2010, 07:33:08 PM »
I want two.
De baby one have rel potential for mischief.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2010, 10:57:49 AM »
Nigeria Supporters Club: We will not use vuvuzelas

Two months before the kick-off of the 2010 World Cup, the president general of the Nigeria Football Supporters Club, Rafiu Ladipo, has again stated that his organisation will discourage Nigerians from buying or using vuvuzelas during games involving the Super Eagles.

The instruments have been the subject of divisive opinion ahead of the World Cup and Ladipo described them as ‘alien’ and ‘noisy’.

”It is alien to our style and we will not go there with one or buy any in South Africa. We have a traditional way of supporting our team and FIFA has praised our style," Ladipo told KickOffNigeria.com.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2010, 03:47:09 PM »
Bryan Robson warns World Cup managers of trumpet noise

Former England captain Bryan Robson believes World Cup managers could struggle against the noise of the South African plastic trumpet, the vuvuzela. Robson, who is manager of Thailand, saw his side lose 4-0 to South Africa in a warm-up match in Nelspruit on Sunday.

But the deafening and tuneless noise from the trumpet drowned out his instructions from the bench and he had to call players over to the sidelines. "With that noise they could have an advantage in the World Cup," he said. 

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2010, 06:46:46 AM »
Nothing kills the joy of soccer like a bunch of wailing vuvuzelas

In my teenage years we always looked forward to the big teams from Johannesburg coming down to the sovereign kingdom by the coast to play the local teams.

Whenever Orlando Pirates, Moroka Swallows and Kaizer Chiefs (yes, they are all in order of importance) came down to play the likes of AmaZulu, Bush Bucks and African Wanderers, we would pile onto the trains and buses and head for King's Park stadium.

We would sing all the way.

(continue)
- Xavi

giggsy11

« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2010, 07:49:18 AM »
Dey need tuh ban it oui-all yuh didn't see dem American supports blowin dem when USA was playin Australia. Next ting yuh know dey bring it back tuh the states and call it dey own. The sound of that ting is like a hive of bees stuck in the speaker!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2010, 11:10:59 AM »
Dey need tuh ban it oui-all yuh didn't see dem American supports blowin dem when USA was playin Australia. Next ting yuh know dey bring it back tuh the states and call it dey own. The sound of that ting is like a hive of bees stuck in the speaker!

Yeah, they'll patent it, get sole rights and then sell it back to the South Africans. Dey better hide dey ting!
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2010, 04:37:19 AM »
Vuvuzela tops noise league, seen threat to hearing

South Africa's vuvuzela, the trumpet that will be a fixture at World Cup matches, is the loudest of all fan instruments and can cause permanent hearing loss, a global hearing foundation said on Monday.

Soccer governing body FIFA has okayed the plastic trumpet for the tournament, which starts on Friday, after organisers did tests at a match at Johannesburg's 95,000-seater Soccer City due to worries the din could drown out emergency announcements.

While normally reserved for local games, the vuvuzela can now also be heard at warm-up matches and practice sessions ahead of the tournament, even those not involving South Africa's Bafana Bafana.

(continue)
- Xavi

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 11, 2010, 08:15:00 AM »
That facking thing annoying oui! I can't even hear the commentators and if I add the surround sound..I ducking, cause is like ah swarm ah bees over meh head.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2010, 09:09:32 AM »
Vuvuzela soundin' arrite man...but the soldier blowing one in the street dis morning coulda get a dose...

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2010, 01:30:29 PM »
everybody blwoing dat ting...any camera shot of de fans u seeing man from all countries blowin it. i wonder how a vuvuzela, bottle and spoon riddim section would sound boy

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2010, 01:52:06 PM »
everybody blwoing dat ting...any camera shot of de fans u seeing man from all countries blowin it. i wonder how a vuvuzela, bottle and spoon riddim section would sound boy

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5V-m3lmcmEI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5V-m3lmcmEI</a>

Ah say dis is tragic: is it wrong or right?
For de sake of music to take all dis bite?

Well dis was my problem, should I stay or go?
Someting tell me leave dem, someting tell me no
Well ah finally decided, I’m going to remain
De bees mus’ be say ah stchupid, dey lash me again!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2010, 02:17:44 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/wPOXSRX/z3w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/wPOXSRX/z3w</a>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPOXSRX-z3w
Everybody everybody a swam ah Vuvuzelas now swarm Trinidad
Take out yuh rag, Take out yuh rag
D Vuvuzelas dem iritating people real real bad
D Vuvuzelas in town, D Vuvuzelas in town, D Vuvuzelas in town.....  :party:
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 02:19:32 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2010, 12:03:03 AM »
Vuvuzela soundin' arrite man...but the soldier blowing one in the street dis morning coulda get a dose...

Nah dread... that is the most annoyingest, irritatingest thing ever, I swear.  I dunno how de players even hearing themselves out on the pitch with that constant loud buzz.

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
Vuvuzela drone killing World Cup atmosphere
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2010, 03:34:45 PM »
Vuvuzela drone killing World Cup atmosphere
 PRINT EMAIL RSS ADD THIS 188 comments »Updated Jun 13, 2010 3:51 PM ET
John Leicester is an international sports columnist for The Associated Press

The constant drone of cheap and tuneless plastic horns is killing the atmosphere at the World Cup.

Where are the loud choruses of "Oooohhsss" from enthralled crowds when a shot scorches just wide of the goalpost? And the sharp communal intake of breath, the shrill "Aaahhhhss," when a goalkeeper makes an acrobatic, match-winning save? Or the humorous/moving/offensive football chants and songs?

Mostly, they're being drowned out by the unrelenting water-torture beehive hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm of South African vuvuzela trumpets. Damn them. They are stripping World Cup 2010 of football's aural artistry.

WORLD CUP FANS
Some of the world's most colorful characters show up every four years at the World Cup. Check out the best fan shots at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
Vuvuzela apologists - a few more weeks of this brainless white noise will perhaps change, or melt, their minds - defend the din as simply part of the South African experience. Each country to its own, they say. When in Rome, blah, blah, blah.

Which would be fine if this was purely a South African competition. Fans could then legitimately hoot away to their hearts' content while annoying no one other than their immediate neighbors.

But this is the World Cup, a celebration of the 32 nations that qualified and of all the others that did not but which still play and love the game. Hosting planet football brings responsibilities. At the very least, South Africa should ensure that the hundreds of millions of visitors who come in goodwill to its door, both in person and via the magic of television, do not go home with a migraine. How many TV viewers who long for a more nuanced soundtrack to go with the show have already concluded that the only way to enjoy this World Cup is by pressing mute on their remote?

In Tweeting "No offense to the vuvuzela posse but, man, it's a bit much," seven-time Tour de France champion Lance Armstrong was not alone.

Attending or watching a match should be a feast for both the eyes and the ears. Those two senses work better together, each augmenting the other.

FOX SPORTS POLL
How do you feel about South Africa's vuvuzelas?  Can't stand 'em! Get 'em out!  They provide a nice atmosphere  I barely notice either way
Sounds should ebb and flow like tides with the fortunes on the field. That adds to the drama. Fans reacting with their voices to action on the pitch, to events in the stadium and to each other's sounds, songs and chants are part of football's theater.

A sudden crowd silence can also tell a story - perhaps of the heartbreak of a late, defeat-inflicting goal or of the collective shock of seeing a player horribly injured by a bad tackle. Sometimes, you should even be able to hear a coach bark orders from the touchline or players shouting at each other for the ball.

There are stadium sounds other than vuvuzelas at this World Cup - just not enough of them. They are being bullied into submission by the trumpets' never-ending screech.

In Rustenburg there were scattered unison chants of "In-ger-land, In-ger-land," a few bars of "God Save the Queen" and the occasional "USA! USA!" when England played the United States on Saturday night. But vuvuzelas ultimately won the battle of the bands. They and the result - a disappointing 1-1 tie - silenced England's fans, who usually are among the best-drilled noisemakers in football.

They take their singing seriously, with chants that are cheeky, taunting and often just insulting. But at least they are inventive, too.

The same cannot be said of vuvuzelas. They are simply mindless. Their pitch doesn't change, just the intensity. Blow hard. Blow soft. The only range is from horrifically loud to just annoyingly so. Because of that, we absolutely could not hear the rich African voices of Ghana fans who sang lustily Sunday at the Loftus Versfeld in Pretoria, vibrantly clothed in their national colors of green and red. What a shame.

Please, South Africa, make the trumpets stop. Give us a song, instead.

The same cannot be said of vuvuzelas. They are simply mindless. Their pitch doesn't change, only the intensity. Blow hard. Blow soft. The only range is from horrifically loud to just annoyingly so.

Please, South Africa, make them stop. Give us a song, instead.

John Leicester is an international sports columnist for The Associated Press. Write to him at jleicester(at)ap.org.

good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

giggsy11

« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2010, 05:02:07 PM »
If it hard tuh take watchin on Tv ah wonder how it is tuh be sittin in the stands and jus surrounded by dat sound. Ah also watin tuh hear about the first setta blows tuh pass because a spectator geh annoyed by someone blowin one of dem.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2010, 05:21:58 PM »
As far as the sound of the vuvuzela, it doh bother me....but I agree that it takes away from the sounds of the actual crowd and that is annoying.  Yuh cyah even hear the crowd roar when the ball hits the net...Iz pure horn at a consistent decibel from start tuh finish- That I have a problem with. 

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2010, 05:25:19 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/M3xDWk9vbNw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/M3xDWk9vbNw</a>
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2010, 05:51:15 PM »
Iz pure horn at a consistent decibel from start tuh finish- That I have a problem with. 

Is only ah horn if yuh take it orn.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2010, 05:56:35 PM »
I reading the comments on the NYT website and ah man say "No more Alexi Lalazela"

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2010, 06:02:17 PM »
Iz pure horn at a consistent decibel from start tuh finish- That I have a problem with. 

:rotfl:
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2010, 06:55:22 PM »
I find Tommy Smith far more annoying than the vuvuzela  ;D

Tommy Smyth used to real annoy me too, 'til Lalas started commenting on the Cup. BTW regarding the vuvuzelas...haul dey ass!!!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2010, 06:57:08 PM »
If it hard tuh take watchin on Tv ah wonder how it is tuh be sittin in the stands and jus surrounded by dat sound. Ah also watin tuh hear about the first setta blows tuh pass because a spectator geh annoyed by someone blowin one of dem.

Yuh eh go hear 'bout it!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2010, 07:07:38 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl:

good one... ah set yuh up good fuh that one...

1]; } ?>