April 18, 2024, 04:20:55 PM

Author Topic: GolTV Outage on Comcast?  (Read 8215 times)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
GolTV Outage on Comcast?
« on: June 22, 2009, 06:35:37 AM »
anybody with comcast not getting gol tv? i receiving every station on the comcast sports package (e.g. FSC, ESPNN, nbatv, nfltv) except gol tv. is just a black screen appearing. i in the atlanta area. this going on since last thursday.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
Re: GolTV Outage on Comcast?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 06:38:01 AM »
anybody with comcast not getting gol tv? i receiving every station on the comcast sports package (e.g. FSC, ESPNN, nbatv, nfltv) except gol tv. is just a black screen appearing. i in the atlanta area. this going on since last thursday.

nah i was watching gol tv up until saturday. wasnt home much yesterday to see though.
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 06:43:42 AM »
thanks man. i go have to call fricking comcast.

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 09:41:06 AM »
I got it.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
ESPN to share La Liga's US TV rights with GOL
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 10:10:06 AM »
the ronaldo effect???

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iCCIYA2pQw5kwa0m9yE_AR_HBwAgD98VQ9NO2

NEW YORK (AP) — Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka will get a wider distribution platform in the United States next season.

ESPN said on Monday that it will start sharing U.S. television rights to Spain's La Liga with GolTV, which has broadcast the league for the past six seasons.

ESPN2 will televise about 20 matches per season, and ESPN Deportes two or three per weekend of league play for a total of at least 95. At least 114 matches per season will be available online on ESPN360. ESPN's networks will also share rights to Spain's Copa del Rey.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: ESPN to share La Liga's US TV rights with GOL
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 10:16:10 AM »
the ronaldo effect???

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iCCIYA2pQw5kwa0m9yE_AR_HBwAgD98VQ9NO2

NEW YORK (AP) — Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka will get a wider distribution platform in the United States next season.

ESPN said on Monday that it will start sharing U.S. television rights to Spain's La Liga with GolTV, which has broadcast the league for the past six seasons.

ESPN2 will televise about 20 matches per season, and ESPN Deportes two or three per weekend of league play for a total of at least 95. At least 114 matches per season will be available online on ESPN360. ESPN's networks will also share rights to Spain's Copa del Rey.

Now let's see.........

Ray Hudson or Tommy Smyth? :thinking:

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 10:44:46 AM »

Now let's see.........

Ray Hudson or Tommy Smyth? :thinking:

shaka hislop!

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 10:51:43 AM »
the ronaldo effect???

wish they'd get th erights to EPL games too...which would mean we could finally see EPL games in High Definition.

Doesnt seem as if FSC has any plans to broadcast in high definition any time soon.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 11:05:12 AM »
the ronaldo effect???

wish they'd get th erights to EPL games too...which would mean we could finally see EPL games in High Definition.

Doesnt seem as if FSC has any plans to broadcast in high definition any time soon.

That cheap bastard Murdock eh interested in HD.  But I think ESPN rights to La Liga and HD presentation might just prompt him to get off his ass.  If ESPN move for a portion or all of Setanta games then FSC goin HD in a heartbeat!

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 11:46:00 AM »
the ronaldo effect???

Careful what you wish for.

ESPN snaps up Premier League TV packages

ESPN has won the rights to broadcast 46 live Premier League matches in the United Kingdom for the 2009-10 season, and has also been awarded a contract for the 2010-13 seasons.

The sports broadcaster, parent company of Soccernet, picked up both 23-match packages on offer in Monday's auction. ESPN's 46 live games will be split between Saturday evenings and Monday nights in the coming season. For the three seasons from 2010-11 to 2012-13 ESPN has the rights to a single package of 23 matches previously awarded to Setanta.

The Premier League ended its association with Setanta on Friday after it failed to meet a final deadline over a £30m payment which had been due this month. Setanta was also stripped of its Scottish Premier League contract on Monday.

"We are clearly delighted that our bid for exclusive media rights to the Barclays Premier League matches in the UK has been successful," said Lynne Frank, ESPN Managing Director in Europe, Middle East and Africa. "This is a huge step for our business, and we look forward to working with the Premier League, football clubs and distributors to bring UK sports fans all the excitement they expect in Premier League football."

"Premier League football is one of the world's most sought after sports properties, and we are very excited to be expanding our business in the UK with England's top football product," said Russell Wolff, Executive Vice President and Managing Director, ESPN International. "This move demonstrates our commitment to British sports fans and our ongoing commitment to delivering football to fans around the world across a variety of media."

Premier League Chief Executive, Richard Scudamore, said: "The Premier League is extremely pleased to have added ESPN as a UK rights holder. They have a formidable worldwide reputation and experience in sports and I am sure we will enjoy a long and fruitful relationship with them."

ESPN plans to make its Barclays Premier League coverage widely available across multiple pay-TV platforms. As a first step to this distribution strategy, ESPN has reached an agreement for its coverage to be retailed by Sky to residential and commercial customers.

Més que un club.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2009, 11:54:07 AM »
Wait, I don't understand, so ESPN will now control the braodcasting in the UK as well?
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2009, 11:56:59 AM »
the ronaldo effect???

That cheap bastard Murdock eh interested in HD.  But I think ESPN rights to La Liga and HD presentation might just prompt him to get off his ass.  If ESPN move for a portion or all of Setanta games then FSC goin HD in a heartbeat!

FSC are going to HD from the beginning of 2010. The knockout stages of next season's CL will be in HD on FSC. Supposedly it will be native HD i.e. better than what ESPN uses.

On a related note though I stil lnot bitten by the HD bug and don't miss it when watching football on FSC.

ESPN bringing L Liga is good news for me and the Spanish league because they will catch more new fans and casual fans on the ESPN networks than GolTV, a station that most people never even hear about.

It will be interesting to see which games they get because Spanish clubs sell their games individually and not as a collective.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2009, 12:00:27 PM »
FSC are going to HD from the beginning of 2010. The knockout stages of next season's CL will be in HD on FSC. Supposedly it will be native HD i.e. better than what ESPN uses.

On a related note though I stil lnot bitten by the HD bug and don't miss it when watching football on FSC.

ESPN bringing L Liga is good news for me and the Spanish league because they will catch more new fans and casual fans on the ESPN networks than GolTV, a station that most people never even hear about.

It will be interesting to see which games they get because Spanish clubs sell their games individually and not as a collective.

More than likely they'll be going after the big clubs like Barca, Madrid, Vilareal etc.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2009, 12:01:05 PM »
Wait, I don't understand, so ESPN will now control the braodcasting in the UK as well?

They don't control anyting other than the package that Setanta had, which is for UK broadcasting. Sky still has most of the games but EU rules prevent them from having a monopoly.

Setanta still has the US rights that they share with Fox because that deal was negotiated earlier. It is likely that when the new deal for US rights comes up Fox will just take back the whole package as they did in the past. Or if ESPN really serious they could have a bidding war.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 12:03:35 PM by JDB »

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2009, 12:02:52 PM »
More than likely they'll be going after the big clubs like Barca, Madrid, Vilareal etc.

yeah but there are only so many of those games to go around and that is GolTV's big draw. I don't know how GolTV is doing financially but I am guessing that ESPN pay them big money to give up the games.

Still no guarantee on what the  makeup of the games will be.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2009, 12:07:15 PM »
Well I guess it might be easier tocath games on ESPN than on GolTV.  :-\
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2009, 12:08:50 PM »
On second thought, I don't want to listening to any other commentator but Ray Hudson!

Especially not for the Clasico. I wan to hear his ridiculous superlatives and outlandish metaphors.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2009, 12:19:06 PM »
Ok can anyone tell me if this means Setanta USA what we have here in T&T will not be broadcasting EPL?

or is it only affecting UK Viewers

cuz if Setanta does not show EPL here anymore I will be getting DirecTV so I can see FSC instead of Sportsmax(poor quality)

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2009, 12:25:30 PM »
Ok can anyone tell me if this means Setanta USA what we have here in T&T will not be broadcasting EPL?

cuz if Setanta does not show EPL here anymore I will be getting DirecTV so I can see FSC instead of Sportsmax(poor quality)

Considering Setanta has lost the right to broadcast the EPL I doubt you'll still get any EPL matches in your package. 

On another note why you does be talkin/ posting with all dem setta expletives and acting like some kinda UK born gutter rat?  I swear you musse was some kinda football hooligan man U diehard dat born and still reside in and around Manchester!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 12:27:41 PM by Flickin Killa »

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2009, 12:29:59 PM »
i talk to dem. they sending a technician saturday morning.

no brazilian action for me this week.

thank God for the confeds cup.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2009, 12:33:00 PM »
By Soccernet staff

June 22, 2009
Email
 Print
 ESPN has won the rights to broadcast 46 live Premier League matches in the United Kingdom for the 2009-10 season, and has also been awarded a contract for the 2010-13 seasons.

The sports broadcaster, parent company of Soccernet, picked up both 23-match packages on offer in Monday's auction. ESPN's 46 live games will be split between Saturday evenings and Monday nights in the coming season. For the three seasons from 2010-11 to 2012-13 ESPN has the rights to a single package of 23 matches previously awarded to Setanta.

The Premier League ended its association with Setanta on Friday after it failed to meet a final deadline over a £30m payment which had been due this month. Setanta was also stripped of its Scottish Premier League contract on Monday.

"We are clearly delighted that our bid for exclusive media rights to the Barclays Premier League matches in the UK has been successful," said Lynne Frank, ESPN Managing Director in Europe, Middle East and Africa. "This is a huge step for our business, and we look forward to working with the Premier League, football clubs and distributors to bring UK sports fans all the excitement they expect in Premier League football."

"Premier League football is one of the world's most sought after sports properties, and we are very excited to be expanding our business in the UK with England's top football product," said Russell Wolff, Executive Vice President and Managing Director, ESPN International. "This move demonstrates our commitment to British sports fans and our ongoing commitment to delivering football to fans around the world across a variety of media."

Premier League Chief Executive, Richard Scudamore, said: "The Premier League is extremely pleased to have added ESPN as a UK rights holder. They have a formidable worldwide reputation and experience in sports and I am sure we will enjoy a long and fruitful relationship with them."

ESPN plans to make its Barclays Premier League coverage widely available across multiple pay-TV platforms. As a first step to this distribution strategy, ESPN has reached an agreement for its coverage to be retailed by Sky to residential and commercial customers.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ESPN snaps up Premier League TV packages
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2009, 12:34:45 PM »
Looks like this is only for the UK market.

"ESPN has won the rights to broadcast 46 live Premier League matches in the United Kingdom for the 2009-10 season"

« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 12:38:05 PM by reggae-fan »

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
ESPN Lands Prem League Rights- Flow/sports max to mess it all up
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2009, 01:04:42 PM »
ok fellas

ESPN was awarded the rights to the prem league that setanta had

But i am 100% sure Flow is now gonna block it and we are back to Sqaure 1, Ah hateeeeeeeeeee caribbean coverage

I hope special 1 tv goes to ESPN now

-----------Article--------------------------------------------------

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2009, 01:08:20 PM »

Considering Setanta has lost the right to broadcast the EPL I doubt you'll still get any EPL matches in your package. 

On another note why you does be talkin/ posting with all dem setta expletives and acting like some kinda UK born gutter rat?  I swear you musse was some kinda football hooligan man U diehard dat born and still reside in and around Manchester!

Doe study me..study yourself

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2009, 01:10:50 PM »

I hear yuh killa!

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2009, 01:18:10 PM »
They can't block it cause it would mean that ESPN has the rights to broadcast it. What would happen is that FLOW might start to package ESPN as a separate package and no longer part of the basic cable.

I wonder who Sports Max get their games from though, if is Setanta or Sky
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2009, 01:22:16 PM »
They can't block it cause it would mean that ESPN has the rights to broadcast it. What would happen is that FLOW might start to package ESPN as a separate package and no longer part of the basic cable.

I wonder who Sports Max get their games from though, if is Setanta or Sky

they use the feed FSC uses..Sky i'm guessing

Everyone should boycott Flow if they package ESPN separately... if they join it with Sportsmax then it would make more sense... but CL is on Fox Network now..which sucks for us cuz we only have FSC and Fox Sports espanol

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2009, 01:29:56 PM »
MAN, I reeeeel hate Flow Cable yuh know.

My only prayer is that TSTT launching IPTV soon. They actually testing it in West Moorings and some other areas.

But then, is TSTT, so I hoping for the best but expecting the worse.

Més que un club.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2009, 02:03:38 PM »

I hear yuh killa!
Killa, that was real outa order and outa timin on your part! just Leff the yute alone nah dread. it's his perogative, plus he eh breaking no rules. this is ah forum , remember.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2009, 02:11:11 PM »
The La Liga question comes down to what "Sharing games" means.

If they both get to show the top games, that is good.
If ESPN take the big games and then shunt a bunch of others off the ESPN Deportes, but we still can't see them on GolTv, then that's a problem.

I reeeeallly doh want to have to hear Tommy and Harkes call a super classico.

Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

1]; } ?>