April 27, 2024, 12:29:45 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the 2009 Gold Cup Games.  (Read 84548 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the 2009 Gold Cup Games.
« Reply #510 on: July 26, 2009, 03:17:59 PM »
Zeppo...serve your side right for carrying a B squad to the regions premier tournament, like if allyuh all that. Such disrespect deserves the trouncing in progress....hope it goes to 20-0.
Breds the only team that carried their A team was el salvador. every body had ah B or C team.

BTW that was ah C team not ah B team. and yuh right about the disrespect factor, @ least altidor and davies should've been there. mexico also brought ah B team, what's that about?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 03:42:58 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

giggsy11

« Reply #511 on: July 26, 2009, 03:20:22 PM »
Zeppo...serve your side right for carrying a B squad to the regions premier tournament, like if allyuh all that. Such disrespect deserves the trouncing in progress....hope it goes to 20-0.
:rotfl: :rotfl: Great Result, Max Bretos is the only commentator that is kinda fair in the commentating.

Sorry, have tuh disagree with that Max comment; he is one of the biggest Usa flag wavers to call games! Can you say HOMER? At least Chris sullivan tries tuh give credit for good plays made by the opposition.  

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 26, 2009, 03:24:18 PM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: Great Result, Max Bretos is the only commentator that is kinda fair in the commentating.

Sorry, have tuh disagree with that Max comment; he is one of the biggest Usa flag wavers to call games! Can you say HOMER? At least Chris sullivan tries tuh give credit for good plays made by the opposition.  
maybe I am mixing up their names, I don't like the one with the long hair, he don't give other teams credit and he always tryna keep the topic on the U.S team.

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #513 on: July 26, 2009, 03:27:40 PM »

maybe I am mixing up their names, I don't like the one with the long hair, he don't give other teams credit and he always tryna keep the topic on the U.S team.
are you talking about Balboa?

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 26, 2009, 03:29:30 PM »

Boss get yuh facts straight nah...de men and dem just finish play confederations cup and de majority of dey 1st. team had pre-season club commitments so Bradley had to go with what was mad available to him...
Dat being said....dis was ah comprehensive cutarse...to collect ah hand full in ah final on yuh home turf is ah bitter pill to swallow...
They were given an expanded roster which they did not use, so it's their fault.... Don't make no excuse for them, Mexico was not playing their full squad either.
Not making any excuses for them...but men like Davies,Filhaber Adu Onyewu etc.. had club commitments so de argument  dat ah man make about why dey eh bring dey A team to de region premier tournament kinda off...

The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 26, 2009, 03:29:37 PM »

Boss get yuh facts straight nah...de men and dem just finish play confederations cup and de majority of dey 1st. team had pre-season club commitments so Bradley had to go with what was mad available to him...
Dat being said....dis was ah comprehensive cutarse...to collect ah hand full in ah final on yuh home turf is ah bitter pill to swallow...

Boss...doh make no excuses for them Americans......They could have fielded a full team, or at least almost full team if they wanted. Let me tell you what happened....they reach confed cup final and play Brazil, so they feel concacaf just dey for training purposes now. They feeling good about the 4-2 loss to Brazil(imagine that), but they eh realize that they sucked in 5 goals in the second half alone of that game. Reality will bite them hard.....like today.

And me eh know bout allyuh but Mexico just still eh looking good to me at all. Was trying to figure it out and it dawned on me today that while they maybe technically good, ATHLETICALLY, PHYSICALLY, they appear too handicapped this rounds. Just my opinion.......
Two islands are better than one.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 26, 2009, 03:31:27 PM »

are you talking about Balboa?
I think that's it

giggsy11

« Reply #517 on: July 26, 2009, 03:40:20 PM »

Max is the loud, overbearing one who appears tuh try tuh call games like he needs to be noticed and like the game is not interesting enough so he has tuh try tuh entertain to hold people's interest. Does that clear it up?  :devil:

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 26, 2009, 03:41:11 PM »

They were given an expanded roster which they did not use, so it's their fault.... Don't make no excuse for them, Mexico was not playing their full squad either.
Not making any excuses for them...but men like Davies,Filhaber Adu Onyewu etc.. had club commitments so de argument  dat ah man make about why dey eh bring dey A team to de region premier tournament kinda off...

I have no argument with yuh, but let me just say, this was an international tournament, so their players would have been excused for the competition.... Mexico had players who play in England and so fort, eg. Gio Dos Santos, but he was here. The U.S had a player that said in an interview after beating Honduras in the semi final that they have alot of depth in the U.S team. So they beat up a few Concacaf teams and got to the final of the confederations cup and think they are the SH*T, so they have all this depth nowand they can field a Z team and beat people. I am glad they did not win, because you would not hear the end of this story but they fielded a weaker team and won the GC.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 26, 2009, 03:43:04 PM »

Max is the loud, overbearing one who appears tuh try tuh call games like he needs to be noticed and like the game is not interesting enough so he has tuh try tuh entertain to hold people's interest. Does that clear it up?  :devil:
Yea well I was right then ;D, well I rather listen to him than that Balboa idiot.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 26, 2009, 03:45:04 PM »
Max always name dropping..... this one and that one go come to the MLS, because it's such a great league (rather than the fete match/retirement league it really is)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 26, 2009, 03:50:51 PM »
great victory by mexico.b team or z team 5 nil is 5 fukkin nil.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

giggsy11

« Reply #522 on: July 26, 2009, 04:03:35 PM »
Let the excuses begin! Wish dey had given them more! Anytime USA get ah cutarse is a good ting!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 26, 2009, 04:04:06 PM »
Could somebody explain why the Mexican had to come off the field and wash his pants???

Cause he had blood on his pants...

Also somewhat of an inconsistency with the ref b/c it doesn't appear the wash job was thorough or appropriate. One thought he would have changed the shorts.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 26, 2009, 04:11:10 PM »

I don't follow their coverage normally, but he did allude to that today. His comment was something along the lines of the result stinging even in the commentary booth.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #525 on: July 26, 2009, 04:12:43 PM »
Breds the only team that carried their A team was el salvador. every body had ah B or C team.

BTW that was ah C team not ah B team. and yuh right about the disrespect factor, @ least altidor and davies should've been there. mexico also brought ah B team, what's that about?

Wha letter side Grenada walk wid?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 04:23:20 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 26, 2009, 04:15:13 PM »
why people quarreling boutr b and c side now?
EVERY BIG team in Concacaf - Costa Rica, Honduras, Mexico and the US all of them send B/C side and fringe player to this cup..only El Salvador outta of the Hex send a side truly resembling their full strength team...

This Gold Cup was for match practice and not much else for most of them...
The US has no excuse..they get beat up at home..

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 26, 2009, 04:24:44 PM »
Is the Gold Cup compromised by the absence of several key players?

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 26, 2009, 04:25:53 PM »
Let the excuses begin! Wish dey had given them more! Anytime USA get ah cutarse is a good ting!

Well I think dey lorse get ah cutarse because of de altitude... :devil:
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 26, 2009, 04:29:13 PM »
this one was, it was a mockery of the so-called premier tournament in concacaf..but then again..despite the absence of the "bigger" players in concacaf..it still followed the pattern of most gold cups..

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 26, 2009, 04:34:40 PM »
why people quarreling boutr b and c side now?
EVERY BIG team in Concacaf - Costa Rica, Honduras, Mexico and the US all of them send B/C side and fringe player to this cup..only El Salvador outta of the Hex send a side truly resembling their full strength team...

This Gold Cup was for match practice and not much else for most of them...
The US has no excuse..they get beat up at home..

I hardly think anyone was making excuses for the US... a few were accusing them of arrogance for not fielding a stronger team.  Try and keep de riddim.

As for the commentators... http://goal.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/07/24/an-american-voice-in-the-worlds-game/

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 26, 2009, 04:35:42 PM »
... and yeah, who is yuh pick fuh wickedest or most influential baller on display in the Gold Cup?

At the time I asked this question, I didn't have a settled opinion on a candidate ...

I'll give it to Gio dos Santos.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 26, 2009, 04:40:13 PM »
this one was, it was a mockery of the so-called premier tournament in concacaf..but then again..despite the absence of the "bigger" players in concacaf..it still followed the pattern of most gold cups..

The reason I asked is b/c a compelling argument can be made that the tournament allowed teams to blood, deepen, investigate, however-yuh-want-to-put it ... their player pool. That the expected teams arrived in the final four may put a dampener on the contention of the tourney being compromised ... especially since the lower tier teams were not bringing adjusted rosters.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: mexicans Fans are
« Reply #533 on: July 26, 2009, 04:40:33 PM »
What language do Mexicans speak?
Are you "English" because you speak the english language? Don't be closed minded bro.

Hoss...they spanish. My statement is a general blanket statement. ALL SPANISH SPEAKING people don't like blacks. Yuh feel better.

And I does tork Trinbagonian, just like how people from Mexico does speak Mexicans and people from grease are mechanics.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 26, 2009, 04:42:25 PM »
What language do Mexicans speak?
Are you "English" because you speak the english language? Don't be closed minded bro.

Hoss...they spanish. My statement is a general blanket statement. ALL SPANISH SPEAKING people don't like blacks. Yuh feel better.

And I does tork Trinbagonian, just like how people from Mexico does speak Mexicans and people from grease are mechanics.

And, as TT would argue ... Spanish-speaking blacks doh like deyself. :devil:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 09:06:12 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 26, 2009, 04:43:01 PM »

If that's their C team can you name their B team?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 26, 2009, 04:49:47 PM »

The reason I asked is b/c a compelling argument can be made that the tournament allowed teams to blood, deepen, investigate, however-yuh-want-to-put it ... their player pool. That the expected teams arrived in the final four may put a dampener on the contention of the tourney being compromised ... especially since the lower tier teams were not bringing adjusted rosters.

This is true..it begs to question the quality of the lower tiered teams of concacaf..also bear in mind the US roster was stronger in the group stage and they didn't have to most difficult group..would they have fared the same in the group Jamaica was in? even mexico landed in a particularly easy group...

On a whole i never liked the format of the gold cup..apart from the hosting issue..it always tended to be set up for the US and Mexico to face each other..this one was no different..

... and yeah, who is yuh pick fuh wickedest or most influential baller on display in the Gold Cup?

At the time I asked this question, I didn't have a settled opinion on a candidate ...

I'll give it to Gio dos Santos.

I would also..i think Mexico are especially giddy now because it looks he finally getting back into form..

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 26, 2009, 04:58:54 PM »

If that's their C team can you name their B team?
Sure! freddie adu, mourice edau, charlie davies , eddie johnson, heathe peirce, cherundalo, torres, the left back who replaced hedjuk in the cenfederations cup (the black dude), spector, altidor, guzan. yuh need more?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 05:10:20 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

giggsy11

« Reply #538 on: July 26, 2009, 05:10:31 PM »
According to Wikipedia- Mexico is ethnically diverse, and the constitution defines the country to be a pluricultural nation.

Mestizos (those of mixed European and Amerindian ancestry) form the largest group, comprising up to 60-80% of the total population.
Amerindians called indigenous peoples (indígenas) are estimated to be between 12% (pure Amerindian) and 30% (predominantly Amerindian). Indigenous peoples are considered the foundation of the Mexican pluricultural nation and therefore enjoy self-determination in certain areas. Indigenous languages are also considered "national languages" and are protected by law.
Whites make up 9%-17% of the population, mostly descendants of the first Spanish settlers; although there are Mexicans of French, Italian, Portuguese, Basque, German, Irish, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Arab (mainly Lebanese and Syrian) and British descents from contemporary migration after the waves of immigration that brought many Europeans at the end of the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, along with some Canadians and European Americans from the United States and Argentina. Most are found in major cities.
Mexico also received a large number of Lebanese, Syrian,Chinese, Japanese,Korean,and Filipino immigrants.

Afro-Mexicans, mostly of mixed ancestry, live in the coastal areas of Veracruz, Tabasco and Guerrero.

In 2004, the Mexican government founded

"Mestizo is a Spanish term that was used in the Spanish Empire to refer to people of mixed European and Amerindian ancestry in Latin America. The term continues to be used today in the Americas.

It is also used in some parts of Asia-Pacific to refer to people of mixed European and other indigenous ancestry.

The term is mostly used specifically of those people of the particular racial mixture of European and American Indian who inhabit and comprise much of the population of Latin America."

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 26, 2009, 05:13:15 PM »
Didn't even know dosantos had brazilian parents until the commentators said so.

1]; } ?>