March 28, 2024, 12:06:30 PM

Author Topic: Marshall settling in at MLS Galaxy  (Read 3589 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Marshall settling in at MLS Galaxy
« on: June 24, 2009, 12:36:38 AM »
TT defender settling in at MLS Galaxy
T&T Newsday reports.

Trinidad and Tobago defender Yohance Marshall says that he is settling comfortably into his new surroundings at the LA Galaxy.

Marshall was signed by the LA Galaxy after surprisingly being left out of the 2009 Major League Soccer (MLS) Draft despite outstanding performances for the South Florida Bulls.

“I am settling a lot better now. It was a little difficult in the beginning because I was basically by myself and no one really to talk to, but as time pass you get more open with the players around you.

Also other things are falling into place like getting my apartment and other important things which has helped out” said Marshall.

The TT defender attributed his work ethic as one of the major reasons which has enabled him to gel with his team-mates and the LA Galaxy setup. “I came in a week or two into preseason so I had to catch up fitnesswise.

It was very difficult the first few weeks because I was a step behind everybody but I started to do extra work after every practice to catch up and I think the guys saw this and appreciated what I was doing and opened up to me more” explained Marshall. He added “It is not always easy for the new guy because you have to prove yourself in a sense. So from the first few weeks it has changed, but that does not mean much.

You have to keep your intensity up every day on the practice pitch” said Marshall.

Training with the LA Galaxy, Marshall noted that there is a vast difference between playing in College compared to the MLS. “The speed of the game is very different, it is faster and you have to do a lot of little things to make your job easy.

“The way they play here is different from how my coach wanted me to play at College” said Marshall.

With world renowned players such as Landon Donavon and David Beckham in the LA Galaxy’s line-up the team is one had attained global recognition. As a result the expectancy to win every match is enormous. “There is no pressure on my hands, I have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

“The expectation right now in Los Angeles is that for the past three seasons this team has not been to the playoffs for this year obviously people are expecting better results.

“And that is the mentality that the entire locker has and it shows every time we practise. It is as though everyday is game day” said Marshall.

He stated that the experience of playing with Beckham and Donovan will only enhance his standard of play as he continues developing.

“These guys have a wealth of club and international experience and I am willing to take in any and almost everything from them and the other guys on the team to improve myself and my game” noted Marshall.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Marshall settling in at MLS Galaxy
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 05:27:42 AM »
It seems as though someone is sending a message to Latapy.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 09:35:59 AM »

Will he get d message is d ?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 09:45:57 AM »
Everybody does talk about Beckham and Donovan as their LA teammates but Marshall forgetting he own country man Chris Birchall.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 09:53:50 AM »
He need to get dat message through to his own coach first.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 10:23:13 AM »
Everybody does talk about Beckham and Donovan as their LA teammates but Marshall forgetting he own country man Chris Birchall.

He was probably asked what was it like playing with Donovan and Beckham. 

Besides...he would hardly know what it's like playing with Birchall seeing that Birchall is yet to play a game for LA
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 10:26:18 AM »

Birchie is not an official Galaxy player until July 1st i think.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 10:29:58 AM »
hopefully marshal could crack the starting 11 soon.

doh look like he get a sweat yet for 09.

http://web.mlsnet.com/t106/stats/index.jsp?club=t106&sort=ln&order=asc&year=2009

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 11:53:58 AM »
What excites me is that he is a defender and one with a strong work ethic. Go Marshal. Regardless of what happens with out 2010 campaign, I hope a consistent program is in place to capatalize upon the young talent comming through.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2009, 11:57:42 AM »
That article sounding like he looking forward to learning and training with Becks and Landon, so he eh actually do that either, far less getting into the side.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 12:16:27 PM »
hopefully marshal could crack the starting 11 soon.

doh look like he get a sweat yet for 09.

http://web.mlsnet.com/t106/stats/index.jsp?club=t106&sort=ln&order=asc&year=2009
He play against Colorado Rapids in de US Open Cup. He has been injured for at least the last six weeks.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>