April 24, 2024, 11:43:34 PM

Author Topic: Football thoughts  (Read 5724 times)

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Football thoughts
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2009, 02:24:20 PM »
It will be impossible for this game to live up the hype y'all generating here

"one of the best int'l showdowns of all time"

::)
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2009, 02:28:00 PM »

I spend about twenty minutes describing this game to meh partner and hyping it...

when i done i reflect back and say... hmmph... watch dis game (if it happen) go 0-0 and penalties...
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2009, 02:30:08 PM »
All I'm saying is he needed the oppertunity to show his ability, fuh various reasons Man Utd weren't willing to take a prolonged risk. Barca were willing to give him the oppertunity and he has shown what he can do. I dont think that is an improvement as a player but rather him finally showing what was already there. Hey, but we can agree to disagree. I respect your opinion. In the end we both agree that at this moment he is a very good defender.

yup breds..i  actually agreeing with you on that part. but isn't that what improvement is? i guess i just consider what you describe as an improvement. i see what you saying as the reasons to level of his performance. but i not looking at improvements as just a change in ability. If Eto'o, for example, start next season playing real toots because he out of shape and out of form, but finish the season strong as he get back his legs, sharpness and confidence...I still consider that he improved as the season went along even if he didn't become a better player per se. Good example is henry last year vs this year. He real improve...but is not necessarily that he became a technically better play, but his performance improved a lot for a variety of different reasons.

Personally, I think it hard to rule out that a young player like Pique wll not improve the more he gets to play. I understand you don't think that is the case. That cool. But what I'm saying is more apparent to me is that by getting more playing time, his performance improved, regardless of whether he became a technically better player. If you saying his performance today is the same as the beginning of the season, then we disagree on that too. Like yuh say..no scene. Daiz what de forum for. respeck

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2009, 02:36:03 PM »

True eh lol... get ready fuh de nil nil....

But in all seriousness, the only other stage where you'd get the best from Europe against the best from South America (both suppoedly in good form) against eachother in a competitive match is in the World Cup....and how often does that happen?

In the realm of internationals, it doh really get much better...

Watch the final be USA vs South Africa  ;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2009, 03:04:34 PM »

Last Confederation Cup was the same hype with Brazil vs Argentina and Brazil run riot. But it was an excellent game, unless yuh was an Argentinian supporter ;D.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2009, 04:01:52 PM »
I think Pique was always ah boss player, his English experience did improve him as a player but I don't think he has significantly improved from what he was in the UK. I think his way of playing is more suited to Spain/Italy were play is less frenetic. I believe his early season jitters at Barca were more to do with him settling in to the Spanish style of play again. Nuff times I saw him with the reserves on MUTV getting caught in possession and not being dominant in the air...which was his two main failings (IMO) when playing in England. It was one of the main reasons the English media always seemed to view him as the weak link during Champions league games. It isn't that he wasn't good at those things is just he didn't adapt as well or a quickly as Vidic so he remained a fringe player. He was bound to come good given the oppertunity and an extended run as a starter.

don't know if I agree with everything you've said there, but fair enough. I realize many of you would not have shared my surprise or think the improvement was all that great cuz you had a different opinion of the player and/or his earlier performances. but i am not sure why you and palos seem to take my statement to mean that he wasn't good to begin with. you both made the point that he was always a boss. all i said was that he improved..boss players can improve too. but his performances at the end of the season have been majestic and have been an improvement over the early season form. sure it may simply have to do with getting a run in the side, or playing in a league that is more to his strengths (although his performances against ManU and Chelsea may indicate otherwise) but not all players take their chances the way he has and grown at such a rate. I actually find him to be the best central Spanish defender right now. Your last statement in bold is all I saying..he come real good this rounds and it's the best football he has played in his senior career..whatever the reasons. But I understand why you guys don't think it's that huge an improvement
All I'm saying is he needed the oppertunity to show his ability, fuh various reasons Man Utd weren't willing to take a prolonged risk. Barca were willing to give him the oppertunity and he has shown what he can do. I dont think that is an improvement as a player but rather him finally showing what was already there. Hey, but we can agree to disagree. I respect your opinion. In the end we both agree that at this moment he is a very good defender.

Pique was often homesick....and when an invitation came to return to spain..he took it in a heartbeat. Yuh could infer that probably stagnated his grown in england...but the potential was always there.

I for one personally would love to see a Spain Brazil final..and yes.....the potency of Brazil would come from the wingbacks. It would be interesting indeed.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2009, 02:07:09 PM »

But in all seriousness, the only other stage where you'd get the best from Europe against the best from South America (both suppoedly in good form) against eachother in a competitive match is in the World Cup....and how often does that happen?

kicker if dis really happen... you should get ban from all football...

look at my crosses nah
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2009, 02:51:48 PM »

kicker if dis really happen... you should get ban from all football...

look at my crosses nah

Lol gimme a bligh nuh!!  ;D  I was on kix....

But seriously I was sensing that U.S. - Spain jumbie upset dread...I eh know what it is, but it was a serious jumbie vibes I was feeling about this game and just trying to ignore it.

Woulda love to see a  Brazil - Spain final, but upsets like this are good for the game...small ting. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2009, 02:53:23 PM »
Woulda love to see a  Brazil - Spain final, but upsets like this are good for the game...small ting. 

Except when is the US doing the upsetting....steups... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline tsingh

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2009, 03:31:20 PM »
Kicker ... send me this saturday lotto numbers nah ... Florida Lottery i mean! 

Waysah ... so far you 1/2 there with your predictions!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2009, 04:32:47 PM »

When dem do it....is rel people go be upset.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2009, 06:40:50 PM »

When dem do it....is rel people go be upset.

Like who??  call name and I go  :whistling:  :devil:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>