April 26, 2024, 12:15:55 PM

Author Topic: MICHAEL JACKSON DEAD AT 50  (Read 63503 times)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: MICHAEL JACKSON DEAD AT 50
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2009, 10:57:31 AM »
His music will live on but I have one question.....
Ah wonder if he died as a black man or a white man? :beermug:

It does not matter if you're black or white!
We still love you MJ!  :-*  :'(
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2009, 11:13:11 AM »
As a youth Michael made me proud to be a man of colour! .... We love you Mike!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Web slows after Jackson's death
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2009, 11:49:13 AM »

Web slows after Jackson's death
By Maggie Shiels
Technology reporter, BBC News, Silicon Valley

Google error page
The sheer number of queries concerned Google

The internet suffered a number of slowdowns as people the world over rushed to verify accounts of Michael Jackson's death.

Search giant Google confirmed to the BBC that when the news first broke it feared it was under attack.

Millions of people who Googled the star's name were greeted with an error page rather than a list of results.

It warned users "your query looks similar to automated requests from a computer virus or spyware application".

"It's true that between approximately 2.40PM Pacific and 3.15PM Pacific, some Google News users experienced difficulty accessing search results for queries related to Michael Jackson and saw the error page," said Google spokesman Gabriel Stricker.

It was around this time that the singer was officially pronounced dead.

Google's trends page showed that searches for Michael Jackson had reached such a volume that in its so called "hotness" gauge the topic was rated "volcanic".

The BBC news website reported that traffic to the site at 0400 BST was 48% higher than average.

Fail

Google was not the only company overwhelmed by the public's clamour for information.

The microblogging service Twitter crashed with the sheer volume of people using the service.
Google user graph
Searches for topics related to Michael Jackson peaked at 3PM Pacific

Queries about the star soon rocketed to the top of its updates and searches. But the amount of traffic meant it suffered one of its well-known outages.

Before the company's servers crashed, TweetVolume noted that "Michael Jackson" appeared in more than 66,500 Twitter updates.

According to initial data from Trendrr, a Web service that tracks activity on social media sites, the number of Twitter posts Thursday afternoon containing "Michael Jackson" totaled more than 100,000 per hour.

That put news of Jackson's death at least on par with the Iran protests, as Twitter posts about Iran topped 100,000 per hour on June 16 and eventually climbed to 220,000 per hour.

Early reports of Mr Jackson's death and the confusion surrounding it caused a rash of changes and corrections to be made on his Wikipedia page as editors tried to keep up with events and the number of people trying to update the page.

TMZ, the popular celebrity gossip site that broke the story following a tip-off that a paramedic had visited the singers home also crashed.

There was a domino effect as users then fled to other sites. Hollywood gossip writer Perez Hilton's site was among those to flame out.

Keynote Systems reported that its monitoring showed performance problems for the web sites of AOL, CBS, CNN, MSNBC and Yahoo.

Beginning at 2.30PM Pacific "the average speed for downloading news sites doubled from less than four seconds to almost nine seconds," said Shawn White, Keynote's director of external operations.

He told Data Center Knowledge that "during the same period, the average availability of sites on the index dropped from almost 100% to 86%".

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Web slows after Jackson's death
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2009, 12:04:38 PM »
thats real crazy.....last night i was watching some of MJ's music videos on youtube and if you were to refresh the page every 5 seconds there would be 30+ new comments from all over the world and the number of views would increase in the thousands...and note this is all in 5 seconds!!
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2009, 12:26:19 PM »
last night, the top 6 news stories and 7 of the top 10 on CNN were for MJ. i never see that before.

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2009, 12:39:46 PM »
Looking for youtube of Jackson 5 or Michhael Jackson performing Lord Kitchener's Sugar Bum Bum. Anybody recall that?
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2009, 12:54:47 PM »

they only love u when u dead eh.

Not true, they does love yuh when yuh alive. They does only appreciate yuh when yuh dead.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2009, 02:46:33 PM »
Not much tuh say on his death, I'm just shocked and extremely hurt by his death. Apart from the allegations against him, his music and talent were out of this world. RIP MJ  :( :( :( :( :( :( :( .
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2009, 03:10:32 PM »
I go be the spoilsport and say 2 things.
1. yuh can't ignore the allegations.

2. Deepak Chopra on CNN now talking about how he feel that Michael dead from complications related to prescription drug abuse.

How yuh go sell out Mike so?
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2009, 04:16:29 PM »

2. Deepak Chopra on CNN now talking about how he feel that Michael dead from complications related to prescription drug abuse.

Point me in the direction of the guiltless man?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2009, 05:00:43 PM »
He deserved it ,in a karmic sort of way I guess .

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2009, 05:05:40 PM »

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2009, 05:30:59 PM »
Suicide its a suicide ....ah have a feeling its a suicide .

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2009, 06:26:22 PM »

It does not matter if you're black or white!
We still love you MJ!  :-*  :'(

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2009, 06:34:42 PM »
he suffered from Vitiligo and Lupus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitiligo
I have seen people who have it and is not something that a performer would want...if they are self conscious

I just found out that Krizz Kaliko has it
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 06:44:50 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2009, 06:40:24 PM »
SO MTV been running his videos all day and yesterday. I have now watched the long version of thriller 10 times now, and each time it just gets better. They also showed the video for Gone too soon, cried like a baby.
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2009, 07:58:47 PM »
MTV running his videos....
 :'( :'( :'( :'(

Billie Jean on now....

That man was a true performer.

Preacher you forget Ed McMahon... these things happen in 3's

YEP
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2009, 08:51:49 PM »
first man to born black and dead white.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2009, 05:00:28 AM »
I always wondered about his claim of having that skin disease Viti-whatever.  I know people who have it and I'e seen the splotchy skin patch on their hands or lips or some part of the body.   I can't remember seeing Michael's skin look splotchy before he started to "fade" his colour.  I always had my doubts about the reason given..... :-\ :-\

Ok back to mourning...yesterday almost every where you went some one of his songs was being played....*sigh*.....ah eh goh make de day ah he funeral nah....*sigh*
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2009, 07:05:52 AM »
I always wondered about his claim of having that skin disease Viti-whatever.  I know people who have it and I'e seen the splotchy skin patch on their hands or lips or some part of the body.   I can't remember seeing Michael's skin look splotchy before he started to "fade" his colour.  I always had my doubts about the reason given..... :-\ :-\

Ok back to mourning...yesterday almost every where you went some one of his songs was being played....*sigh*.....ah eh goh make de day ah he funeral nah....*sigh*

The man had vitiligo and said so publicly. He looked like hundreds of thousands of other people with his condition. The condition is not particularly rare and I would think that most black/indian people would know at least one person affected by it. Why responsible media sources and otherwise intelligent people persisted with this bull$h!t skin bleaching nonsense is beyond me.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2009, 07:59:06 AM »

He definitely had it. If you look at interviews from the 70's you see very splotchy pink/purple cheeks (plus a lot of acne). He was clearly troubled by his appearance and used to cake on makeup to give him and even skin tone.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2009, 08:36:59 AM »
Better on the other side (a tribute to Michael Jackson) by The Game, featuring Chris Brown, Diddy, Usher, Boys II Men and Polow Da Don.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDy2bzxJwOY&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Efacebook%2Ecom%2Fhome%2Ephp%3F&feature=player_embedded
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2009, 09:03:36 AM »
Today's BIG question in de Express is What will you remember most about Michael Jackson?

People say dey will remember his music, his voice, his ability to inspire people etc.

Hear dis cross  :rotfl: :rotfl:

He is a fool. Anyone that will try to change his colour for me is just a fool. That is what I will remember most about him, trying to change his skin colour, this royal skin colour.

Corlstan John, 68, pensioner, Morvant
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2009, 09:16:50 AM »
So dis is where de MJ thread is :). Explains de lack of commentary on the other one.

Every time I hear Human Nature it reminds me of ah lime

« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 09:20:11 AM by asylumseeker »

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2009, 10:21:20 AM »

if he really molest dem kids then the parents are at fault, yuh hear rumors dat he is ah molestor but yuh still decide to send yuh children there, u have to be a real idiot as a parent.  I feel no sympathy for the parents or kids because they probably looked at it as a business opportunity since he was known for buying gifts for the kids, their family and then they knew the option of a lawsuit is the final act to make ah big piece of change.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2009, 12:21:53 PM »
So even doh he was a molester ,sense it was the victims fault he get ah pass eh lol .

Say wha ,Micheal was cool back in the day man ,but yah sins is always ketch up to you .Jah doh sleep ,he put ah end to that shit he was doing all dong in the gulf to ,explain to St pete ,if daiz way he going .

Oh I heard its gonna take 26 poll bearers to carry his casket .....cause 6, 12 year olds would n be enough . 

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 27, 2009, 01:11:58 PM »
So even doh he was a molester ,sense it was the victims fault he get ah pass eh lol .

Say wha ,Micheal was cool back in the day man ,but yah sins is always ketch up to you .Jah doh sleep ,he put ah end to that shit he was doing all dong in the gulf to ,explain to St pete ,if daiz way he going .

Oh I heard its gonna take 26 poll bearers to carry his casket .....cause 6, 12 year olds would n be enough . 

Not into blaimin victims but it kinda strange dat d 2 peeps wo claim he molest dem was link 2 their need 4 money. If he was such a pervert way d set ah chirren strtin wit Emmanuel Lewis.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 27, 2009, 02:05:52 PM »

Nobody say blame de victims, Nightmare say blame de parents of de victims.
Nightmare right too, them parents had to be real fools.
Yuh have to be a blitherin idiot to put yuh kids in that kinda situation.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 27, 2009, 03:17:25 PM »

Nobody say blame de victims, Nightmare say blame de parents of de victims.
Nightmare right too, them parents had to be real fools.
Yuh have to be a blitherin idiot to put yuh kids in that kinda situation.
intrute
unlesss...............................................
they out for some small change.........eventually .......like the first kid's dentist fadda :devil:

ok leh meh try something
Michael Jackson..............................
no
nothing
steeeeuuups
de man say
"Just call my name"  :devil:
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 03:38:20 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>