March 28, 2024, 09:38:33 AM

Author Topic: MICHAEL JACKSON DEAD AT 50  (Read 63022 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
MICHAEL JACKSON DEAD AT 50
« on: June 25, 2009, 03:49:25 PM »
AP Source: Michael Jackson dies in LA hospital.

LOS ANGELES – Michael Jackson, the sensationally gifted child star who rose to become the "King of Pop" and the biggest celebrity in the world only to fall from his throne in a freakish series of scandals, died Thursday, a person with knowledge of the situation told The Associated Press. He was 50.

The person said Jackson died in a Los Angeles hospital. The person was not authorized to speak publicly and requested anonymity.

The circumstances of his death were not immediately clear. Jackson was not breathing when Los Angeles Fire Department paramedics responded to a call at his Los Angeles home about 12:30 p.m., Capt. Steve Ruda told the Los Angeles Times. The paramedics performed CPR and took him to UCLA Medical Center, Ruda told the newspaper.

Jackson's death brought a tragic end to a long, bizarre, sometimes farcical decline from his peak in the 1980s, when he was popular music's premier all-around performer, a uniter of black and white music who shattered the race barrier on MTV, dominated the charts and dazzled even more on stage.

His 1982 album "Thriller" — which included the blockbuster hits "Beat It," "Billie Jean" and "Thriller" — remains the biggest-selling album of all time, with more than 26 million copies.

He was perhaps the most exciting performer of his generation, known for his feverish, crotch-grabbing dance moves and his high-pitched voice punctuated with squeals and titters. His single sequined glove, tight, military-style jacket and aviator sunglasses were trademarks second only to his ever-changing, surgically altered appearance.

By some measures, he ranked alongside Elvis Presley and the Beatles as the biggest pop sensations of all time. In fact, he united two of music's biggest names when he was briefly married to Presley's daughter, Lisa Marie.

As years went by, he became an increasingly freakish figure — a middle-aged man-child weirdly out of touch with grownup life. His skin became lighter, his nose narrower, and he spoke in a breathy, girlish voice. He surrounded himself with children at his Neverland ranch, often wore a germ mask while traveling and kept a pet chimpanzee named Bubbles as one of his closest companions.

In 2005, he was cleared of charges he molested a 13-year-old cancer survivor at Neverland in 2003. He had been accused of plying the boy with alcohol and groping him. The case took a fearsome toll on his career and image, and he fell into serious financial trouble.

Jackson was preparing for what was to be his greatest comeback: He was scheduled for an unprecedented 50 shows at a London arena, with the first set for July 13. He was in rehearsals in Los Angeles for the concert, an extravaganza that was to capture the classic Jackson magic: showstopping dance moves, elaborate staging and throbbing dance beats.

Hundreds of people gathered outside the hospital as word of his death spread. The emergency entrance at the UCLA Medical Center, which is near Jackson's rented home, was roped off with police tape.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Michael Jackson has just died," a woman boarding a Manhattan bus called out, shortly after the news was annunced. Immediately many riders reached for their cell phones.

In New York's Times Square, a low groan went up in the crowd when a screen flashed that Jackson had died, and people began relaying the news to friends by cell phone.

"No joke. King of Pop is no more. Wow," Michael Harris, 36, of New York City, read from a text message a friend sent to his telephone. "It's like when Kennedy was assassinated. I will always remember being in Times Square when Michael Jackson died."
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 10:02:45 AM by Socapro »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: MICHAEL JACKSON
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 03:55:33 PM »
RIP MJ...   :'(

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 03:55:43 PM »
i now hear on facebook he dead...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 03:56:28 PM »
i now hear on facebook he dead...

EXACTLY
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 04:00:38 PM »
but news ent confirm yet

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 04:01:04 PM »
wow - legend

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 04:04:40 PM »
now hear on cnn he is hospitalized. he was found not breathin, but they were able to resuscitate him. :-\

get well michael
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 04:07:59 PM »
now hear on cnn he is hospitalized. he was found not breathin, but they were able to resuscitate him. :-\

get well michael

TMZ say he dead

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 04:11:39 PM »
LA Times say he in a coma

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2009, 04:15:14 PM »

get well michael

TMZ say he dead

tmz ent d most credible source for news. but since dem is an entertainment website, they probably will have dat kinda news first  :-\. i will only believe he dead when ah hear it from cnn

*edit* msnbc now sayin he in a coma.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
MICHAEL JACKSON DEAD AT 50
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2009, 04:18:12 PM »
Recording artist, entertainer and global superstar Michael Jackson has died from an apparent heart attack in Los Angeles, Calif. He was 50 years-old.

Michael is survived by three children: Michael Joseph Jackson, Jr., Paris Michael Katherine Jackson and Prince “Blanket” Michael Jackson II.

It was reported earlier by various news sources that Michael Jackson suffered a heart attack this afternoon at his home and was rushed to Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center this afternoon by Los Angeles Fire Department paramedics.

Fire Capt. Steve Ruda said paramedics responded to a call at Jackson’s home at 12:26 p.m. He was not breathing when they arrived. The paramedics performed cardiopulmonary resuscitation and took him to the hospital, Ruda told the Los Angeles Times.

According to the L.A. Now blog, Paramedics were called to a home on the 100 block of Carolwood Drive off Sunset Boulevard. Jackson rented the Bel Air home for $100,000 a month.

A Jackson family member, who was not identified, had told TMZ.com that Michael was in “really bad shape” as the brothers headed to the hospital.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
Re: MICHAEL JACKSON DEAD AT 50
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2009, 04:19:15 PM »
HE IS NOT DEAD!!!!. HE IS IN A COMA!!!

watch real news like cnn an msnbc

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2009, 04:19:45 PM »
HE IS NOT DEAD!!!!. HE IS IN A COMA!!!

watch real news like cnn an msnbc

COSIGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2009, 04:22:52 PM »

get well michael

TMZ say he dead

tmz ent d most credible source for news. but since dem is an entertainment website, they probably will have dat kinda news first  :-\. i will only believe he dead when ah hear it from cnn

*edit* msnbc now sayin he in a coma.

LA TIMES NOW SAY HE DEAD

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2009, 04:22:58 PM »
now La times sayin he dead. i guess is true, cuz la times is a credible source  :'(

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Michael Jackson dead at 50
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2009, 04:23:52 PM »
L.A. Times: Michael Jackson dead at 50
Newspaper reports pop star wasn’t breathing when ambulance arrived

BREAKING NEWS
msnbc.com staff and news service reports
updated 1 hour, 9 minutes ago

The Los Angeles Times reports that Michael Jackson has died at age 50 after being rushed to UCLA Medical Center.

Los Angeles Fire Department Capt. Steve Ruda told the newspaper that Jackson was not breathing when paramedics arrived at his home and CPR was performed.

TMZ.com reported that he may have suffered cardiac arrest.
Story continues below ↓advertisement | your ad here

Jackson had been due to start a series of comeback concerts in London on July 13 running until March 2010. The singer, whose hits included “Thriller” and “Billie Jean,” had been rehearsing in the Los Angeles area for the past two months.

The shows for the 50 London concerts sold out within minutes of going on sale in March.

His lifetime record sales tally is believed to be around 750 million, which, added to the 13 Grammy Awards he received, makes him one of the most successful entertainers of all time.

He lived as a virtual recluse since his acquittal in 2005 on charges of child molestation.

There were concerns about Jackson’s health in recent years but the promoters of the London shows, AEG Live, said in March that Jackson had passed a 4-1/2 hour physical examination with independent doctors.

A life in music
Jackson was born on August 29, 1958, in Gary, Indiana, the seventh of nine children. Five Jackson boys — Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Marlon and Michael — first performed together at a talent show when Michael was 6. They walked off with first prize and went on to become a best-selling band, The Jackson Five, and then The Jackson 5.

Jackson made his first solo album in 1972, and released “Thriller” in 1982, which became a smash hit that yielded seven top-10 singles. The album sold 21 million copies in the United States and at least 27 million worldwide.

The next year, he unveiled his signature “moonwalk” dance move while performing “Billie Jean” during an NBC special.

In 1994, Jackson married Elvis Presley’s only child, Lisa Marie, but the marriage ended in divorce in 1996. Jackson married Debbie Rowe the same year and had two children, before splitting in 1999. The couple never lived together.

Jackson has three children named Prince Michael I, Paris Michael and Prince Michael II, known for his brief public appearance when his father held him over the railing of a hotel balcony, causing widespread criticism.

Check back with msnbc.com for updates on this breaking story.
© 2009 msnbc.com

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31552029/ns/entertainment-music/

Pop star Michael Jackson has been rushed to hospital in Los Angeles after suffering a suspected cardiac arrest.

The singer was not breathing when paramedics arrived at his Bel Air home at about 1230 (1900GMT), media reports say.

Unconfirmed reports on TMZ entertainment website say the 50-year-old star has died.

The paramedics performed CPR on Jackson as the ambulance took him to the UCLA medical centre, officials say.

Crowds have begun to gather outside the facility, whose emergency centre has been roped off by police.

The star was due to begin a series of comeback concerts with an appearance at London's O2 arena on 13 July.

He has a history of health problems and has not completed a concert tour in 12 years.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8119951.stm
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 04:32:26 PM by Die.Hard.Warrior »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Jackson taken to hospital
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2009, 04:26:48 PM »
They said that on CNN just now
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2009, 04:26:51 PM »
he's as alive as Elvis is.

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2009, 04:38:38 PM »
when it comes to normal news obviously TMZ eh no good..But celebrity stuff, they pretty quick on it.
They have sources that normal news media won't.
hard luck there MJ..
Back in Trini...

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2009, 04:41:01 PM »
 Boy, I feel like I just lost my own friend.Real talk.I wanna f**kin cry .And I was just wondering this morning when the Jackson 5 having a reunion concert.And I was born the year of his video, 'Thriller". Forget his perceived weirdness.This guy is the f**kin king of Pop.RIP Michael Jackson.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 04:44:29 PM by legal alien »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2009, 04:42:25 PM »
The greatest entertainer ever IMO.

RIP MJ.  Yuh make dis fan real sad today...I eh go lie.  Is pure MJ in meh car and on meh stereo from today till......well.....till whenever.

Thanx fuh de memories and de music Michael.  :salute: :salute: :'( :'(
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2009, 04:43:51 PM »
best entertaineer of MY generation    :beermug:
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2009, 04:47:28 PM »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2009, 04:47:34 PM »

RIP MJ.  Yuh make dis fan real sad today...I eh go lie.  Is pure MJ in meh car and on meh stereo from today till......well.....till whenever.

Whhhhhhaaaaaaaa!!!!!.....whhhhhaaaaaa!!!!!.....wwwwhhhhhaaaaaa!!!!......

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

wwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhaaaa!!!!!......

*sniff*  *sniff*.......ah eh sure ah goh be alright for the next few days.....*sniff* *sniff*

wwwwwhhhhaaaaa!!!!!......wwwwwhhhhhhaaaaa!!!!....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2009, 05:03:06 PM »
Wow! Hard to believe, Michael and his family had such a BIG impact on world culture. RIP MJ
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2009, 05:12:24 PM »

Family spokesman on CNN says no-one in family has confirmed that he is dead, they are all "stunned"

Well a great entertainer, I listening to "you are not alone right now"
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2009, 05:14:14 PM »
 I REL sad and I cosign on all ah what allyuh saying, (palos, legal alien and big dawg)....I never really cared about all the sideline nonsense, I never believed any of the shit that was going on in he life.  I always just saw (the ORIGINAL) MJ as just being a grown little child, trying his best to (re?)capture his childhood.  Even the way he "wasted" his money away and the actual things he spent it on it remind you of a little child.   The man was arguably the greatest entertainer that ever lived and the kinda music that came from the partnership that was He, Quincy Jones and Rod Temperton and all the top-notch musicians that featured on his tours and albums is irreplaceable in the annals of all art.  

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline verycute1

• Hero Warrior
  • Me Smash.. You Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2009, 05:26:32 PM »
CNN  just confirm he is dead.
One of these days I'm going to bust out the crystalline doomhammer and go positively orc on this town. Then they'll be sorry...

Read the lore, warlocks are mages that decided not to suck.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2009, 05:27:09 PM »
LA coroner just confirm he is dead

1]; } ?>