April 28, 2024, 11:54:32 PM

Author Topic: Warriors to warm up in Scotland.  (Read 8383 times)

Offline Consultant

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors to warm up in Scotland.
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2009, 06:21:56 AM »
We playing Scottish clubs to get ready for Latin opponents??

VB

Fear not my friend.....these scottish clubs will play a fast-paced game played with intensity and will surely help push the fitness of our players. If i'm in Scotland at the time I will be there to give you some insight on how the games are played. One of the things I have noticed is that some of our players have a serious inferiority complex, we have to believe in ourselves more and take more chances and run at the opponents.

I am looking fwd to this, last time it was scotland who scored an easy 4 over us, with SJ getting a consolation. (Under Bertie). A warm up is a warm up and at least this time round it isn't Guyana!!  :rotfl:

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2009, 06:25:35 AM »
 :applause: :applause:

This is appreciated and the best we can do under the present circumstances.

Additionally...alyuh ent see the play or wha?

It is giving the local based the opportunity to be seen by the scouts in Scotland and have them signed for small money.

There is life after the Hex.

Aklie Edwards and Tinto are actually the best potential signings of this group given their age.

It closer for the foreign based to fly in...only Birchall have a problem to come and take a sweat.

Now...we hadda see the level of the teams we playing against.

Don't cry it down...its a start...better than nuttin.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2009, 06:43:53 AM »
Agreed on the opportunity to be seen.

St. Kitts is not a horrid choice.

Offline 7 blessings

• Lion II Zion
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2009, 06:53:08 AM »
i doh know wha is the big problem with Akile going to Scotland....yes the man had some terrible games for we and i was the first to admit that, but the man have potential and youth on him side and the opportunity to spend time with one of the greatest footballing brains we have so i all for it....all the other yute like Marshall and them tied up with MLS and other club issues and no way them goin and get ah release for a live in camp in SCotland..dais madness. Let akile go and play and improve latapy not near sighted like plenty ah we here...he seeing the future potential in givin this yute exposure...something coaches didnt do enuff of in the past

All the best to Akile and all the other yute and them on the squad...allyuh have my support and  i ookin  forward to seeing allyuh steady improvement under the magician

ps. JAGGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: hope he have a good series cross dere, and break into the final squad!!!
Jesus Christ died for us....now it's time for us to Live for Him

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2009, 08:14:10 AM »

VB

There is sense behind the apparent madness.

The most sense is that it's the best way for both local and foregin based to train together prior to the WC qualifier.  Let's face it, the foreign based who make up the majority of the team will be in pre season training at that time.  Their clubs will not take kindly to their players having to fly back to T&T for national duty at that time and will only release them within the bare minimum time as stipulated by FIFA.  So basically is a case of if Mohammed cyah come to de mountain, den take de mountain to Mohammed.

They'll conceivably get a whole lot more benefit AS A TEAM from this exercise than were the to follow the same path we've always embarked upon. 

Touches already talk about the peripheral (but very real) benefit of a "free" scouting opportunity for clubs (not just scottish...EVERYBODY scouts) and for local based players to showcase their abilities.

Good call Latas.  I would really hope that once fit, Darryl Roberts gets an opportunity to participate in this camp and try out for the team.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 08:15:59 AM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2009, 08:23:48 AM »

“I’m quite happy with the young lads who came in. It was always very difficult to throw them into fire. I would much prefer to breed them and take my time with that process but that’s the situation we’re in where I’ve had to ask these young players to go out and perform at the highest level without having much experience.

:o :o

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2009, 08:25:15 AM »
No one wants him to do poorly we all want Aklie to do well. But our entire back line needs to take it to another level.

How would they get to do that if they not given any opportunity? It eh to say dey have any assurance that any consistent plan would be in place after this campaign..cuz that has never been the case. Give him time.

“I’m quite happy with the young lads who came in. It was always very difficult to throw them into fire. I would much prefer to breed them and take my time with that process but that’s the situation we’re in where I’ve had to ask these young players to go out and perform at the highest level without having much experience.

:o :o

Yuh eh see wha he do Kerry Baptiste in de training video or wha?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2009, 08:50:11 AM »
I will be surprise if we play any quality clubs in Scotland, this is just a vacation for Latapy to be close with his family in Scotland. Still glad we doing something though.

What pisses me off is, we need answers especially in defence and we have clues lying around and not utlising them effectively.

Furthmore, from the report, it say the Pros will join the team in "some" part of the camp in Scotland. I bet plans will change and none will show up, Yorke will be the ring leader....

We turn down Grenada a team who preparing for the gold cup to play St Kitts. Who we really trying to fool.. only ourselves.

Different coach, same problem...
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2009, 08:52:36 AM »
Ah notice he eh mention Hyland on he list of promising youths, though. Or any of his teamsheets.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2009, 08:56:38 AM »
Ah notice he eh mention Hyland on he list of promising youths, though. Or any of his teamsheets.

hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmm  :thinking: :thinking: wha really goh on in Tobago boy??....Weary yuh didn't have some source yuh was going to check for we??...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2009, 09:01:41 AM »

hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmm  :thinking: :thinking: wha really goh on in Tobago boy??....Weary yuh didn't have some source yuh was going to check for we??...
Unless he already consider Hyland an established part of the team, and just bigging up de young newcomers.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors To warm up in Scotland.
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2009, 09:18:11 AM »
Latapy is ah f00cking joke....

This is the perfect time to see.....

Julius James, Yohance Marshall, Elton John, Nigel Daniel, Matthew Bartholomew, Darryl Roberts, Osei Telesford and Andrei Pacheco. 

Where is Khaleem Hyland, Errol McFarlane and Lester Peltier ?

Kerry Baptiste, Nickolson Thomas and Densill Theobald (Loudest Steups ever)..... them men is not international ballers.

Not sure if Anthony Warner, Bobby Zamora and Jlloyd Samuel will be invited, hope they get a call.

Is Jan Michael Williams back with W Connection ?

I see Latapy listed on de squad, like he planing to run out vs El Salvador.

Close eye on Keon Daniel, he either have to step up or step out, de man dont play to his real pontential, in 2008 he was a much better player, dont know what happen now.

Hayden Tinto is good, but he still lacking as a righ winger.

Once Aklie Edwards play left wing, I happy, but if he play left back then Latapy really eh know what de ass he doing.

One of the more ignorant (and borderline asinine) posts I've read on here in a while. Clearly he is giving an opportunity to the local ballers as these are the guys he needs to work with most.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors To warm up in Scotland.
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2009, 09:26:44 AM »

One of the more ignorant (and borderline asinine) posts I've read on here in a while. Clearly he is giving an opportunity to the local ballers as these are the guys he needs to work with most.

At this point in time he have to work with EVERYONE, not just the locals, we have to gel the team, furthermore, half or even 90% of our foreign base in not regulars for their clubs, not to mention they are on vacation now, shouldn't we utilse this like what ALL the other teams in our group is doing !!!!!!

Look at USA, they have they full team together. They even sending a B team to the Gold Cup.

Look at Honduras, Mexico, El Salvador and Costa Rica, they have their FULL team in training preparing for the gold cup...

What we doing ?

Taking a local team to Scotland.

De local players active for their clubs and de foreign players inactive... tell me who really need games, I am sure its not just the local players...

Do de math bro....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors To warm up in Scotland
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2009, 09:57:03 AM »
so we dis Grenada for the opportunity to play St. Kitts I see.

Does this makes sense to anyone on here?  ???

I mean us losing to Grenada was the reason why we not in the Gold Cup now, so wouldn't it have been nice to extract some revenge and get a decent warm-up game at the same time?  :-\
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 09:58:49 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors To warm up in Scotland
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2009, 11:18:55 AM »
so we dis Grenada for the opportunity to play St. Kitts I see.

Does this makes sense to anyone on here?  ???

I mean us losing to Grenada was the reason why we not in the Gold Cup now, so wouldn't it have been nice to extract some revenge and get a decent warm-up game at the same time?  :-\

My taughts exactly, but if yuh afraid yuh might do something like dat.Remember,Latapy is 0-2?

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2009, 11:52:29 AM »
latapy listing himself as a player is a waste!
bring someone else, it's a wasted spot cuz he not playing anyway!
he coming to game in dress shirt and pants, tinto wearing his #. he utilizing another player's valuable spot.
he not gonna be tearing off he shirt like clark kent...think nuh man!
whey boy!

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2009, 11:59:01 AM »
wat allyuh fail to realise is dat it doh have no big name teams lining up to play we in any warm up eh! so rite now we hadda take wat we cud get.

before we play coata rica, allyuh quarrel dat we didnt play no warm up games, now dat we gettin warm up games before el salvador, allyuh quarrellin. ???

yuh really cyah please a trini oui
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2009, 12:02:54 PM »
Honestly,

if you were the coach of a serious team...playing TT benefitting you in what way?

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2009, 12:06:31 PM »
he coming to game in dress shirt and pants, tinto wearing his #. he utilizing another player's valuable spot.

Like you feel you is the coach or wha?!

Latapy is in charge so if he decides to play himself for a 30mins or so to show the guys how to run the middle in a warm-up game then its up to him isn't it?!
Also I didn't read anywhere that the warm-up games are an official tourney and so accordingly spots on the squad are limited so Latapy is wasting a spot listing himself but if we missed that stated somwhere then please show us!

Cheers
Socapro  8)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 12:11:07 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2009, 12:09:38 PM »
wat allyuh fail to realise is dat it doh have no big name teams lining up to play we in any warm up eh! so rite now we hadda take wat we cud get.

before we play coata rica, allyuh quarrel dat we didnt play no warm up games, now dat we gettin warm up games before el salvador, allyuh quarrellin. ???

yuh really cyah please a trini oui

Didn't we play Tobago United and another Tobago Eleven in two historic warm-up games in the build-up to the CR game in Tobago? Like yuh memory bad or what?  ;)

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2009, 12:36:24 PM »
Honestly,

if you were the coach of a serious team...playing TT benefitting you in what way?

well dat is d same ting i tinkin!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2009, 01:26:13 PM »

Like you feel you is the coach or wha?!

Latapy is in charge so if he decides to play himself for a 30mins or so to show the guys how to run the middle in a warm-up game then its up to him isn't it?!
Also I didn't read anywhere that the warm-up games are an official tourney and so accordingly spots on the squad are limited so Latapy is wasting a spot listing himself but if we missed that stated somwhere then please show us!

Cheers
Socapro  8)

lol. I eh no coach.  But to show a midfield that won't even start (sans Tinto) how to run the middle serves what purpose for WCQ?
A warm up with a B -Team would only help us in the long run as a developmental process, but last time I check we not looking to develop players now.  We looking to get to S. Africa.  A very daunting task at this point I might add.
Rather than doing with what we have right now, we should put forth the best we have!
whey boy!

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2009, 02:14:34 PM »
Best of luck warriors.

RIP MJ

Ah doh have much tuh say today, cuz I'm a big fan of Michael Jackson and like many other people, I'm hurt by his death. I would not lie, my bois had de honor a few years ago, to do some work for him, you all should know de religion of de people dat use tuh watch his back and be around him. However, unfortunately none of us never met him in person  :( :( :(. Although I'm more on de tuggy, tuggy side now wid de Enterprise and Alliance, I must admit dat I did and still love and admire dat breddah talent and his music, he was out of dis world. Apart from de allegations dat were made against him, no one in dis world cud question his music and talent, he is irreplaceable  :( :( :(.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2009, 04:33:19 PM »

VB

There is sense behind the apparent madness.

The most sense is that it's the best way for both local and foregin based to train together prior to the WC qualifier.  Let's face it, the foreign based who make up the majority of the team will be in pre season training at that time.  Their clubs will not take kindly to their players having to fly back to T&T for national duty at that time and will only release them within the bare minimum time as stipulated by FIFA.  So basically is a case of if Mohammed cyah come to de mountain, den take de mountain to Mohammed.

They'll conceivably get a whole lot more benefit AS A TEAM from this exercise than were the to follow the same path we've always embarked upon. 

Touches already talk about the peripheral (but very real) benefit of a "free" scouting opportunity for clubs (not just scottish...EVERYBODY scouts) and for local based players to showcase their abilities.

Good call Latas.  I would really hope that once fit, Darryl Roberts gets an opportunity to participate in this camp and try out for the team.

Just start winning.  I to old for tease and basket.  :beermug:   all the best to the team.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2009, 06:08:51 PM »

My source say he eh hear nutten. D original source will have 2 b contacted for an update.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 06:10:29 PM by weary1969 »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2009, 06:36:25 PM »
"Warriors to warm up in Scotland."
 :o

wrong place to go
Dat Place COLD no arse ;D ;D

Go Warriors GO!!!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 06:54:39 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2009, 07:24:03 PM »

wrong place to go

Its okay in the summer & right about now summer getting into full gear!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2009, 07:53:26 PM »

wrong place to go

Summer in d UK is a concept. It does b 18 /19 C. 1 day in d UK on my way from d WC was golder than d 2 wks in Germany.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2009, 08:07:36 PM »

wrong place to go

Summer in d UK is a concept. It does b 18 /19 C. 1 day in d UK on my way from d WC was golder than d 2 wks in Germany.
allya ent see my two  ;D

:D :D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2009, 12:36:45 AM »

VB
Friendism. thats the only thing Latapy seems to know coaching about football

1]; } ?>