March 29, 2024, 08:45:03 AM

Author Topic: Julius James loaned to Minnesota Thunder  (Read 7156 times)

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Julius James loaned to Minnesota Thunder
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2009, 03:53:48 AM »
why is James lacking focus....and for 90min...is that a problem with our defence

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2009, 06:41:26 AM »
why is James lacking focus....and for 90min...is that a problem with our defence

The sad reality is that the  problem is not only limited to our defensive frailties, but our overall play at every position.  I may even  go as far as to say that it just may be a cultural thing... :beermug:
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2009, 06:45:35 AM »
Teach them about meditation,focus on mind and concentration then.That might help.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2009, 11:18:18 AM »
Teach them about meditation,focus on mind and concentration then.That might help.

Bayern jes axe ah coach who does espouse dem same values you proposing here.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2009, 11:55:30 AM »
Bayern jes axe ah coach who does espouse dem same values you proposing here.

Nice use of de word dey savannah.  Yuh could tell yuh does lime wit Fatima fellas.  8)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2009, 12:11:11 PM »
Yeah a lot of coaches get fired for using "new age stuff" players find it silly ,but say a man like Phil Jackson is use it,Kobe use to find it stupid . Basically not trying to get tantric or to Zen but rather .trying to have them being able to focus for 90 mins . Just sit and close your eyes and dont think about nothing for 90 mins ,bet yah they cant do that lol .like my 9 yr old son .he"ll lose focus .
Or let Lara come and give a few tips about holding ones concentration for periods of time .Gus Logie did it when he coach Canada.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 12:16:37 PM by Quagmire »

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2009, 01:31:12 PM »
portland vs. MN thunder live this friday ! 11 PM ET on FSC. check out JJ.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2009, 07:24:49 PM »
Dynamo Notes: James loaned to Thunder
By Bernardo Fallas (Houston Chronicle)

The Dynamo have sent second-year center back Julius James on loan to the Minnesota Thunder of the USL First Division through June 28.

James has played just 33 minutes this season and is in need of action. He’s fast and physical, but coach Dominic Kinnear suggested in preseason that James was lacking 90-minute focus.

Since then, Geoff Cameron’s stellar play at center back and the addition of Andrew Hainault to the defensive corps have complicated James’ chances of breaking into the lineup.

James, 24, joined the Dynamo as part of the trade that sent Dwayne De Rosario to Toronto FC.

Well James should fit right into Latapy's plan just find as 90% of our players lacking the same....

On de other side, Minnesota Thunder is in flicking last place of the USL, don't say much for James.

Come on youth, do your thing, you in your prime.. yuh young and yuh strong.... stop jocking.....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2009, 05:15:49 AM »
It seems to be a cultural thing. Even The Sunderland coaches said that KJ is laid back and relaxed. Gally lamented the absence of the psychologist in the W/C game against USA on the dreadful day. Check it out we lose focus in the first ten minutes and in the last ten. Maybe they need Lara to help. Eastern meditation will help ask any Lakers player especially Kobe. It even helped him not to focus on any other woman but his wife.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2009, 06:48:54 PM »
Ey he coming to MN Ah go hail him out!!!!!!
yeah we could go check him out and do ah lil interview thing nah  :beermug:
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2009, 07:03:59 PM »

I in dat.  We go find him a wife too.  ;D
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2009, 07:06:44 PM »

I in dat.  We go find him a wife too.  ;D
lol..nah..we trying to get him back in MLS
he get a wife here and is now self she go tell him he can't move  ;)
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2009, 07:29:37 PM »
Now open this thread louddddddddddd steupssssssssss
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2009, 08:55:44 PM »
Now open this thread louddddddddddd steupssssssssss

:devil:
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2009, 10:17:10 PM »
play yuh fitball JJ
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2009, 10:39:16 PM »

The sad reality is that the  problem is not only limited to our defensive frailties, but our overall play at every position.  I may even  go as far as to say that it just may be a cultural thing... :beermug:

Careful how yuh say dat...two men say similar ting and well at least one get some backlash... :devil:
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2009, 12:42:29 AM »
my $0.02 and personal opinion

not only is JJ a close brethren of mine from time(St. James and St. Anthony's days) but we were teamates last season at TFC and I must say that he is one of the hardest workers on the field and more in his spare time..when other people would call me to lime/play playstation etc..most of the time when he linked me,it would be to take him to the caribbean food store to get home grown ingredients(dasheen,yam,pumpkin etc) to make healthier/strengthening foods(his words) and to put in extra gym sessions/run stairs etc(which sometimes i would duck him..lol..JJ if you happen to read this..hard luck dey but i couldnt deal with all da running sometimes meh boy)..he would always ask the senior defenders after every practice what he was doing wrong etc etc...also to add to my point I feel that he's been a victim of 'raw deals' and unfair club dealings.(why would a CERTIFIED coach trade a proven mls mvp and a draft pick spot for a player that i quote 'can't keep 90 minute focus' and a few allocation dollars) what a bag of rubbish.

That said he's a strong minded person,full of positivity and determination so what is for him won't pass him.
When he gets a chance under the present national team coach I'm sure he'll make it count. 

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2009, 02:51:00 PM »
my $0.02 and personal opinion

not only is JJ a close brethren of mine from time(St. James and St. Anthony's days) but we were teamates last season at TFC and I must say that he is one of the hardest workers on the field and more in his spare time..when other people would call me to lime/play playstation etc..most of the time when he linked me,it would be to take him to the caribbean food store to get home grown ingredients(dasheen,yam,pumpkin etc) to make healthier/strengthening foods(his words) and to put in extra gym sessions/run stairs etc(which sometimes i would duck him..lol..JJ if you happen to read this..hard luck dey but i couldnt deal with all da running sometimes meh boy)..he would always ask the senior defenders after every practice what he was doing wrong etc etc...also to add to my point I feel that he's been a victim of 'raw deals' and unfair club dealings.(why would a CERTIFIED coach trade a proven mls mvp and a draft pick spot for a player that i quote 'can't keep 90 minute focus' and a few allocation dollars) what a bag of rubbish.

That said he's a strong minded person,full of positivity and determination so what is for him won't pass him.
When he gets a chance under the present national team coach I'm sure he'll make it count. 

Thanks for the perspective #8, we often have to rely on what is said in the media and by coaches.  Unfortunately many of us sometimes don't even question these things and see the fallacy in the info being dispensed.  If he is as strong minded as you say I have no doubt he'll rebound from this and if called upon will perform to his capabilities and probably beyond for the RWB. 

Do yuh thing JJ we supporting yuh and callin fuh yuh inclusion in the NT setup!

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2009, 08:28:03 AM »
James was given marching orders in his 1st game for Minnesota Thunder.

Timbers top Thunder 5-1
USLsoccer.com

PORTLAND, OR -- Forward George Josten and defender David Hayes each recorded a goal and an assist to lead the Portland Timbers to a 5-1 win over the Minnesota Thunder before 8,111 at PGE Park on Friday.

Josten logged his goal and assist in the first half to help the Timbers build a 2-1 lead at halftime. Hayes then guided the Timbers to a three-goal outburst in the second half to secure the win and a new Timbers modern-franchise record with an 11-game unbeaten streak.

Forward Takayuki Suzuki and defender Scot Thompson each scored their first goals of the season, while forward Mandjou Keita tacked on his fourth to help the Timbers (6-1-5, 23pts) move into second place in the USL First Division.

Midfielder Ricardo Sanchez scored for the Thunder (1-6-4, 7pts), who had three players sent off in the second half and saw a three-game winning streak come to an end.

The Timbers jumped on the board first with an early goal by Josten. Midfielder Brian Farber out-worked a Minnesota defender to a 50-50 ball that rolled back into the Thunder penalty area. Farber gained possession, slipped around his marker and found Josten on his way through the box. On his first touch, Josten poked the ball inside the back post to give Portland a 1-0 lead in the fourth minute.

Minnesota forward Rod Dychenko had a chance to level the score in the 13th minute as his 20-yard blast from 20 yards out got past Cronin, it but rattled off the left post and the ball bounced back into play.

In the 32nd minute, it was Josten who set up the Timbers second strike of the night. From midfield, Josten pushed the ball up field and attracted the Thunder backline, which left Suzuki wide open down the left side. Josten snuck a pass out wide for Suzuki, who unleashed a low drive from 20 yards out inside the right post to double Portland’s lead 2-0.

The Thunder were able to pull one back in the 38th minute on long-range goal from Sanchez. A foul committed by Timbers defender Stephen Keel set up a free kick roughly 30 yards out for Sanchez along the right post. Sanchez curled a ball around the Timbers wall and stuck it inside the near post to trim the Timbers’ lead 2-1.

Portland took control of the match in the second half, holding the Thunder to just three shots, on its way to out-shooting Minnesota 22-13. The Timbers pressure on goal led to a three-goal performance in the final stanza capped by Thompson’s header in the 90th minute.

Hayes opened the scoring in the second half following a foul in the box by Minnesota defender Julius James on Keita. After some discussion, midfielder Jonathan Greenfield was booked with a caution and James was sent off by referee Maurizo Laudani. Hayes then stepped up and slotted in his first strike of the season from the spot in the 64th minute, giving the Timbers a 3-1 lead.

The match turned physical as the second half settled in, and the Thunder saw defender Andres Arango issued a red card following a challenge with Portland midfielder Alex Nimo in the 86th minute.

With a two-man advantage late in the match, the Timbers’ momentum led to two more goals in the closing minutes of regulation. Hayes whipped a ball into the center of the box for Keita, who headed it in from close range to extend the home side’s lead to three goals. Then in stoppage time, second-half sub Josh Cameron delivered a corner kick from the right side that connected with Thompson inside the six-yard box to earn his first-career assist and put the final stamp on the Timbers’ 5-1 win.

After a stretch of five games in 11 days, the Timbers have an eight day break until their next match on Sunday, June 28 as they play host to the Montreal Impact at PGE Park at 5 p.m., as part of a doubleheader; the Timbers U-23s entertain the Vancouver Whitecaps Residency at 1 p.m. Tickets for both games are available the PGE Park box office, area Ticketmaster outlets, online at www.ticketmaster.com or by phone at (800) 745-3000.

Notes: Thunder forward Melvin Tarley was sent off in stoppage time following the final Timbers goal … Keita now leads the team in scoring with nine points on four goals and one assist … Timbers midfielder Brian Farber collected his team-leading third assist of the season aiding on Josten’s goal … The five-goal performance Friday was the Timbers largest goal output of the season.

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2009, 08:52:12 AM »
You guys could say what alyuh want, James is a good center back.

If he plays in a low division and thus questioning his selection on the National team, so does almost every other player we have. Because if you guys did not realize most of our players play in the 2nd and 3rd division in England and Scotland, PFL and USL (which in short can sum up to more or less the same level).

On the topic of "not ready" for international level, so to is a lot of players on our present national team. However, that is what we have and that is what we work with. Players on our present national team defense makes the same mistakes and even more crucial mistakes than James. So what you'll point?

James, hope you get your confidence level back to where it was. All the best kid!

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2009, 11:17:39 AM »
Gr8 strt dey JJ
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2009, 11:33:07 AM »

If he plays in a low division and thus questioning his selection on the National team, so does almost every other player we have. Because if you guys did not realize most of our players play in the 2nd and 3rd division in England and Scotland, PFL and USL (which in short can sum up to more or less the same level).

On the topic of "not ready" for international level, so to is a lot of players on our present national team. However, that is what we have and that is what we work with. Players on our present national team defense makes the same mistakes and even more crucial mistakes than James. So what you'll point?

James, hope you get your confidence level back to where it was. All the best kid!

Kingman

Well said Kingman,you are correct.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2009, 01:09:07 PM »

Kingman

Good post
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2009, 03:11:01 PM »
la galaxy vs san jose earthquakes. them men playing on ah baseball field yes
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2009, 03:46:35 AM »
He has been recalled by Houston.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2009, 09:35:36 AM »

that was quick, wham dey have an injury or sumting?

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2009, 08:13:32 AM »

they have a stretch of games coming up and there are several injuries within the squad,also players that are gonna be absent due to the gold cup..nonetheless he's back with the squad

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2009, 08:27:48 AM »

they have a stretch of games coming up and there are several injuries within the squad,also players that are gonna be absent due to the gold cup..nonetheless he's back with the squad

either way is ee it as good news..hopefully he'll take the opportunity to become a regular starter and make latas seriously consider him..cuz right now..he's just a name on a mls roster honestly..

1]; } ?>