April 29, 2024, 06:14:38 AM

Author Topic: Racism and Insularity on Caribbean Cricket.com  (Read 2268 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Racism and Insularity on Caribbean Cricket.com
« on: June 27, 2009, 01:28:08 PM »
http://caribbeancricket.com/topic/926056

I know it have plenty idiots that does post on this board does deny racism against certain players in the west indies, maybe because they themselves are racist but after reading this thread and many others like it over the years, its time some people open their eyes to reality.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 01:30:58 PM by Controversial »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Racism and Insularity on Caribbean Cricket.com
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 09:44:06 PM »
Darren Bravo impresses Dhoni and Gayle

Team captains, Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Chris Gayle, were impressed with West Indies debutant, Darren Bravo, after the First Digicel ODI at Sabina Park on Friday. “He’s good. He will improve, the more international cricket he plays the better for him,” said Dhoni after the game which his side won by 20 runs to take a 1-0 lead in the four match Digicel Series. And Gayle said that the young batsman seemed to fit in on the international scene quite well, crediting his older brother Dwayne for keeping the 20 year old calm.

“He didn’t show any form of nerves, being around his brother actually calmed him down a bit. He did well batting and in the outfield as well and hopefully he can get a bigger score if the opportunity comes across him again,” Gayle said of his most recent charge. Batting at number six, Bravo made a brisk 19 from 16 deliveries after a half hour spell at the crease when the West Indies team was trying to dig itself out of a hole in chasing the formidable 340 posted by India.

Bravo struck his first two deliveries in international cricket for boundaries and then impressed with flowing shots on both sides of the wicket before he fell attempting to reverse the mounting required run rate. Darren who went to the crease after his brother was out, put on 36 from 23 deliveries with top scorer, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, for the 5th wicket until the latter was out also up trying to up the ante.

Dhoni hinted that Bravo looked like a potential match winner and made what appeared to be a veiled call for the West Indies selectors and team management to allow him more opportunities to settle into international cricket. “I personally feel youngsters need to spend some time, it’s up to the board and selectors and captain to give them that time,” Dhoni advised.

“Most of the players who play at the international level have the talent - it’s just that some players get more backing than others. Some are considered match winners and often match winners are given more time compared to others,” the Indian captain asserted as he responded to a direct question about Bravo’s initial outing. He said though that it is easier for young players to be groomed on the international stage when they are in a winning outfit. And when Gayle was asked about the much talked about similarities with multiple world record holder and former West Indies captain, Brian Lara, he said there were some obvious similarities.

The Trinidadian siblings are sons of Morgan Bravo but they have different mothers; Darren’s mother being Lara’s second cousin. The Second Digicel ODI is slated for today before the series moves to the Beausejour Cricket Ground in St Lucia for the final two Digicel ODIs.

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 10:12:20 PM »

Team captains, Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Chris Gayle, were impressed with West Indies debutant, Darren Bravo, after the First Digicel ODI at Sabina Park on Friday. “He’s good. He will improve, the more international cricket he plays the better for him,” said Dhoni after the game which his side won by 20 runs to take a 1-0 lead in the four match Digicel Series. And Gayle said that the young batsman seemed to fit in on the international scene quite well, crediting his older brother Dwayne for keeping the 20 year old calm.

“He didn’t show any form of nerves, being around his brother actually calmed him down a bit. He did well batting and in the outfield as well and hopefully he can get a bigger score if the opportunity comes across him again,” Gayle said of his most recent charge. Batting at number six, Bravo made a brisk 19 from 16 deliveries after a half hour spell at the crease when the West Indies team was trying to dig itself out of a hole in chasing the formidable 340 posted by India.

Bravo struck his first two deliveries in international cricket for boundaries and then impressed with flowing shots on both sides of the wicket before he fell attempting to reverse the mounting required run rate. Darren who went to the crease after his brother was out, put on 36 from 23 deliveries with top scorer, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, for the 5th wicket until the latter was out also up trying to up the ante.

Dhoni hinted that Bravo looked like a potential match winner and made what appeared to be a veiled call for the West Indies selectors and team management to allow him more opportunities to settle into international cricket. “I personally feel youngsters need to spend some time, it’s up to the board and selectors and captain to give them that time,” Dhoni advised.

“Most of the players who play at the international level have the talent - it’s just that some players get more backing than others. Some are considered match winners and often match winners are given more time compared to others,” the Indian captain asserted as he responded to a direct question about Bravo’s initial outing. He said though that it is easier for young players to be groomed on the international stage when they are in a winning outfit. And when Gayle was asked about the much talked about similarities with multiple world record holder and former West Indies captain, Brian Lara, he said there were some obvious similarities.

The Trinidadian siblings are sons of Morgan Bravo but they have different mothers; Darren’s mother being Lara’s second cousin. The Second Digicel ODI is slated for today before the series moves to the Beausejour Cricket Ground in St Lucia for the final two Digicel ODIs.

lil bravo was expected to play well, however the reasoning of the thread wasnt intended to lil bravo, it was directed to cc.com posters who promote openly, racism

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 11:51:34 PM »

lil bravo was expected to play well, however the reasoning of the thread wasnt intended to lil bravo, it was directed to cc.com posters who promote openly, racism

Dem is a bunch of hidiots on dat site wit d exception 2 imusic I will give Chrissy a bly. I knew her in Mona
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 07:52:51 AM »
They talked about his overall average, yet I didn't see anybody mention his stats for this season.

It should be noted that young Simmons had a fantastic 2009 but scored very few FC centuries in his previous six years.

Bravo like Barat is a prodigy, and is being given some blooding. sometimes these things work out; like a very young Shivnarine Chanderpaul back in 1994.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 06:25:08 AM »
They talked about his overall average, yet I didn't see anybody mention his stats for this season.

It should be noted that young Simmons had a fantastic 2009 but scored very few FC centuries in his previous six years.

Bravo like Barat is a prodigy, and is being given some blooding. sometimes these things work out; like a very young Shivnarine Chanderpaul back in 1994.

VB

A prodigy is a person, esp. a child or young person, having extraordinary talent or ability. I think it a bit excessive to refer to Bravo or Barath as prodigies. They are both good, and have a lot of potential, but I'd not go so far as to call them prodigies.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 06:43:22 AM »

VB

A prodigy is a person, esp. a child or young person, having extraordinary talent or ability. I think it a bit excessive to refer to Bravo or Barath as prodigies. They are both good, and have a lot of potential, but I'd not go so far as to call them prodigies.

You have a point.

Barat made his FC debut at 17 and scored two centuries and a 90 in his first three games.
I have been hearing of Bravo since he was 15, so in my mind they are prodigies. :-)

VB
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 05:13:57 PM by vb »
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 06:48:52 AM »
Fair enough.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 07:03:59 PM »

So why de arse yuh posting this on socawarriors.net and not cc.com?
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2009, 11:19:45 AM »

So why de arse yuh posting this on socawarriors.net and not cc.com?

i choose not to post or join that site for the reasons i listed and from i observed of their posters and posts

1]; } ?>