March 28, 2024, 03:27:06 AM

Author Topic: Donovan rips Beckham  (Read 15658 times)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Donovan rips Beckham
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2009, 06:15:34 AM »
I know if I was paying Beckham dah kinda ah money , he wudda hah tuh be at every
facking game, every facking practice and wuss yet if he is meh capt and eh showing no leadership on and off the pitch ..fack he .Lalas is de worst GM in de history ah football .Me eh blaming Beckham, buh as much as ah hate tuh agree wid Humty Dumpty,he right .Yuh cyar be making all dah money and eh doing one facking ting fuh de team ....steupppss . Like ah say if was my money Beckham gone long facking  time ...in de fuss place ah wasn't paying dah kinda ah money fuh him. 
          :applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2009, 07:28:09 AM »
I know if I was paying Beckham dah kinda ah money , he wudda hah tuh be at every
facking game, every facking practice
and wuss yet if he is meh capt and eh showing no leadership on and off the pitch ..fack he .Lalas is de worst GM in de history ah football .Me eh blaming Beckham, buh as much as ah hate tuh agree wid Humty Dumpty,he right .Yuh cyar be making all dah money and eh doing one facking ting fuh de team ....steupppss . Like ah say if was my money Beckham gone long facking  time ...in de fuss place ah wasn't paying dah kinda ah money fuh him. 

But the ting is most of Beckham salary not paid by the Galaxy. The owner fork out most of the Cash, who knows what arrangement was made between them when setting up this deal. Additionally, is not Beckham fault that they was so desperate to sign him that they give him all he ask for and done it when he was injured. Plus, Beckham was signed primarily for league exposure and team Financial benefits....I would say both have been relatively successful. Donovan needs to take some of the Blame fuh such ah mis-firing side, I've seen them play and while you could say Beck's was 'going through the motions' last season I can't say Donovan was seeting the world alight with his performances......and he supposed to be America's best player. IMHO Donovan should shut his mouth fuh that reason alone. Yes, Beckham ain't been anything special since he arrived in the MLS but Donovan did'nt do nothing special in that time either. At least Beckham bringing more money and media coverage...until this book Donovan ain't done nothing fuh the Galaxy, and now all he bringing is negativity. I agree with yuh that the Galaxy management could have done a lot more.....I bet yuh this Beckham thing would be very different if the Galaxy was winning, regardless of how Beck's was playing.

The one decent point Donovan made was the Beckham came with all the best intentions but as soon as he realise it was a pappyshow he get himself involve with....well the man switch-off. Doh care how much money you get paid, tons of other ballers have done the same in the past and worse.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2009, 07:39:00 AM »
facking game, every facking practice
and wuss yet if he is meh capt and eh showing no leadership on and off the pitch ..fack he .Lalas is de worst GM in de history ah football .Me eh blaming Beckham, buh as much as ah hate tuh agree wid Humty Dumpty,he right .Yuh cyar be making all dah money and eh doing one facking ting fuh de team ....steupppss . Like ah say if was my money Beckham gone long facking  time ...in de fuss place ah wasn't paying dah kinda ah money fuh him. 

But the ting is most of Beckham salary not paid by the Galaxy. The owner fork out most of the Cash, who knows what arrangement was made between them when setting up this deal. Additionally, is not Beckham fault that they was so desperate to sign him that they give him all he ask for and done it when he was injured. Plus, Beckham was signed primarily for league exposure and team Financial benefits....I would say both have been relatively successful. Donovan needs to take some of the Blame fuh such ah mis-firing side, I've seen them play and while you could say Beck's was 'going through the motions' last season I can't say Donovan was seeting the world alight with his performances......and he supposed to be America's best player. IMHO Donovan should shut his mouth fuh that reason alone. Yes, Beckham ain't been anything special since he arrived in the MLS but Donovan did'nt do nothing special in that time either. At least Beckham bringing more money and media coverage...until this book Donovan ain't done nothing fuh the Galaxy, and now all he bringing is negativity. I agree with yuh that the Galaxy management could have done a lot more.....I bet yuh this Beckham thing would be very different if the Galaxy was winning, regardless of how Beck's was playing.

The one decent point Donovan made was the Beckham came with all the best intentions but as soon as he realise it was a pappyshow he get himself involve with....well the man switch-off. Doh care how much money you get paid, tons of other ballers have done the same in the past and worse.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2009, 08:14:36 AM »

For the mother of all conspiracy theories though...the timing of this book too suspicious. How is the 'Beckham Experiment' failed if it not over. How come the book coming out exactly on Becks return. (1) What if this is just MLS drumming up some drama for the league and Landon and Beckham in on it. Nahhhhhh...never was a big conspiracy theorist..I feel Landon eat dat bait and (2) I for one will be checking out Galaxy games just to see if is pure hate and they acting normal

If (1) is true and (2) takes place (for the general public), then mission accomplished, no?
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

giggsy11

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2009, 08:35:52 AM »
I agree Beckham half arsed it and I have stated so before but it appears that Donovan saw an opportunity tuh get back at Beckham after seemingly being displaced. And all he did is confirm he is a little punk who does not have the guts that Beckham has tuh take on new challenges and succeed.

haha..giggsy yuh real good. i remember yuh used to say he didn't have the guts to try new challenges. but wait, he went and try a new challenge..now he doh have the guts to try a new challenge AND succeed. oh gosh..jes admit yuh doh like de man nah  ;D

How yuh mean, why admit the obvious! :devil: 

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2009, 10:14:36 AM »
landon donovan is ah big big player (sarcasm), he was instrumental in de US reaching the Confed final and according to one writer on goal.com, he was the player of de tournament, better than kaka, luis fabiano, felipe melo, lucio, etc.....

i dont think landon should have made those comments in public unless he addressed them a lot in private with beckham and beckham didnt make any efforts to improve his behavior.

as for beckham, anybody who believed that he was playing in the MLS under ah serious vibes have to related to de man on sesame street who bought a handful of air.  As a professional beckham should be dedicated but most players in their latter years take de easy contract with nice money.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2009, 01:52:19 PM »
Donovan could gripe all he want, Beckham own the Bank Donovan does cash he salary in.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2009, 02:03:30 PM »
bottom line is ckham tired playing for that shit side! Money is not the issue it's quality of the ball. I saw this coming the day he signed with Galaxy

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2009, 02:16:15 PM »
I don't think who getting more money than who should be the point,Beckham knows he can't do anything for that team why go there and mess things up,he eh go there because of no Football this is all about money,any where Beckham goes is all about business for himself and who ever contracts him,he is a money making machine.
Donavan and the small fries on that team are the ones who have that team at heart because they depend on that for their bread and butter,i guess they feel if you are adding someone like Beckham at least he could pull his weight,ah mean Bekham eh do nothing for that team (gamewise)since they contract him,peeps saying the club make back they money etc etc yes they may have made back their money but what happening to the product they put out on the Football field.
I thought guys like that suppose to be an inspiration to players,just playing alongside them suppose to lift your game,i would think that is what was expected of Beckham,i'm sure what Donavan is saying could be the consensus of the rest of the team because things like this don't just affect one person on a team but is who have the nuts to voice an opinion.  

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2009, 02:48:09 PM »
I don't think who getting more money than who should be the point,Beckham knows he can't do anything for that team why go there and mess things up,he eh go there because of no Football this is all about money,any where Beckham goes is all about business for himself and who ever contracts him,he is a money making machine.
Donavan and the small fries on that team are the ones who have that team at heart because they depend on that for their bread and butter,i guess they feel if you are adding someone like Beckham at least he could pull his weight,ah mean Bekham eh do nothing for that team (gamewise)since they contract him,peeps saying the club make back they money etc etc yes they may have made back their money but what happening to the product they put out on the Football field.
I thought guys like that suppose to be an inspiration to players,just playing alongside them suppose to lift your game,i would think that is what was expected of Beckham,i'm sure what Donavan is saying could be the consensus of the rest of the team because things like this don't just affect one person on a team but is who have the nuts to voice an opinion.  

How do you know that the players at the Galaxy didn't raise their game by playing with Beckham?

Because they losin?

What if even that "raised game" is simply not good enough....what then?

Donovan now understood how skilled Beckham really was; he marveled at Beckham's passing precision and efficiency, the way he hit the ball cleanly every time. Donovan had reached the point, unheard of in MLS, of believing a teammate's passes would go exactly where they were supposed to -- and 95% of the time they did. With the combination of Beckham's technical ability and his full-field vision, Donovan was in soccer nirvana. "It's just fun," he said. "When he gets the ball, my eyes light up because I know every time there's the potential that we're going to score a goal."

Donovan himself said that he never played with a player where HE KNEW over 90% of the passes to him would be right on the money.  It encouraged him to run into spaces even more beause HE KNEW he would get the ball just where he wanted it.  Yuh think his game wasn't lifted by Beckham's presence?

Have you even thought what it might be like to be in Beckham's shoes?  To be casting veritable "pearls" before footballing swine?  Watching your passes go to waste time and time again?  Nah....he de superstar right...magically men supposed to raise their game to a level of which they simply not capable.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 02:52:55 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2009, 07:53:12 PM »

haha..giggsy yuh real good. i remember yuh used to say he didn't have the guts to try new challenges. but wait, he went and try a new challenge..now he doh have the guts to try a new challenge AND succeed. oh gosh..jes admit yuh doh like de man nah  ;D

when donovan could put himself in the same league as beckham, then he could talk...otherwise he should keep his mouth shut

what dat have to do wit anything. cuz yuh good yuh have license to move like ah a$$? never understood the 'know yuh place' attitude.

Even if he is wrong about Becks, Donavan have all right to call him out bout things that bothering him...but not in a book and behind his back so. Daiz team business that need to be handled like mature adults behind close doors.   

it have to do with everything.  If he was the same level, go for it Donovan, speak yuh mind; otherwise he'll just look bitter and jealous which others have already noted.  If Kaka start calling out Beckham, more people would pay attention for the sole fact they serious ballers.  Donovan trying to get he name out there. simple as that. ..but yeah he if really had concerns i agree, keep that for the locker room

be that as it may, it is still nonsense. i don't know if Donavan telling the truth, but truth is truth regardless who tells it. if most people want to be so cynical, then it's too bad. if we all waited for someone of higher 'status' to pull somebody up, the world would be worse for it. and there is no logic behind thinking a more skilled player can't have ulterior motives either. but i guess that is how the average person thinks. Even so, we talking about the Galaxy and given the situation, of all the players who would be expected to talk to Becks, it would be Landon. But we agree that Landon's gripe is not the public's business. I can't agree with his movements, even if he has every right to feel the way he does.

For the mother of all conspiracy theories though...the timing of this book too suspicious. How is the 'Beckham Experiment' failed if it not over. How come the book coming out exactly on Becks return. (1) What if this is just MLS drumming up some drama for the league and Landon and Beckham in on it. Nahhhhhh...never was a big conspiracy theorist..I feel Landon eat dat bait and (2) I for one will be checking out Galaxy games just to see if is pure hate and they acting normal

If (1) is true and (2) takes place (for the general public), then mission accomplished, no?

I was kidding with the conspiracy theory, but I think (2) is going to happen (with the US football fans)) to some extent regardless of whether or not (1) is true

giggsy11

« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2009, 06:10:17 AM »
New Beckham book causing a stir in Los AngelesAssociated Press

Updated: July 9, 2009, 1:30 AM EDT 4 comments
NEW YORK (AP) - ESPN paid David Beckham's management company to produce a one-hour documentary on the soccer star that aired two years ago, according to a new book on the Los Angeles Galaxy midfielder.

"The Beckham Experiment," by Sports Illustrated senior writer Grant Wahl, calls ESPN's payment to management company 19 Entertainment for "David Beckham: New Beginnings" an "example of checkbook journalism" and labeled the show a "Beckham Brand infomercial."

Simon Fuller's 19 Entertainment, during the same period in 2007, denied interview access to Beckham for ESPN The Magazine and approached Sports Illustrated with an exclusive interview that landed Beckham the SI cover for its July 16, 2007, issue, Wahl wrote. That was around the time of Beckham's Los Angeles Galaxy debut.

"We hired 19 Entertainment to produce a special on Beckham. It was not something that came out of our news and information division of the company," ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz said Wednesday. "It was a programming arrangement. We did provide editorial input to the show. 19 Entertainment was credited."

Glenn Lehrman, Beckham's U.S.-based spokesman, said the Beckham special was co-produced by 19 Entertainment and British television network ITV and ESPN purchased the U.S. rights to air it.

The book is scheduled for publication on July 16, when Beckham is scheduled to play his first match for the Galaxy following a half-season loan to AC Milan. In an excerpt in SI last week, Galaxy teammate Landon Donovan questioned Beckham's commitment to the team.

Los Angeles, which failed to make the playoffs in each of Beckham's first two seasons, is portrayed as a team beset by management infighting involving Anschutz Entertainment Group chief executive officer Tim Leiweke, former president and general manager Alexi Lalas, coaches Frank Yallop and Ruud Gullit and Beckham personal manager Terry Byrne.

Donovan said Lalas, a former U.S. national team star who was fired by the Galaxy last August, was "in over his head" and "trying to do too much." Wahl says that under Gullit, the Galaxy failed to devote a single practice to set pieces during the 2008 preseason, even though set pieces are Beckham's specialty.

Lalas, according to the book, overrode a media vote in favor of Donovan as the team's MVP in 2007, giving the award to Chris Klein. Donovan found out and argued, saying it cost him a $25,000 bonus.

"Landon got his money because he cried, but I still looked him in the eye and said: 'I don't personally believe you're the MVP,"' Lalas is quoted as saying.

This is why I am a Donovan fan :loser:

The book says Beckham, following a career with Manchester United and Real Madrid, found Major League Soccer's travel accommodations "shocking." After dissatisfaction with Sheraton Braintree in Massachusetts, when the team played at New York it stayed at the Waldorf-Astoria in Manhattan instead of the Secaucus Sheraton in New Jersey.

"I knew from the moment I talked to our staff and our players that something needed to be done, and it needed to be done quick," Lalas was quoted as saying. "That means upgrading the travels, the hotels, the meals. David's involvement obviously facilitated it."

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2009, 06:30:16 AM »
After ripping David Beckham, Landon Donovan tries to explain

"I'm not going to apologize for the way I felt," he told The Times. "What I feel badly about is that I should have been a man and told David how I felt as opposed to telling a reporter.

"David and I will sit down when he gets back and just talk it through. What you don't get from reading a few excerpts and what you do get from reading the whole book is that we all want David to be here. We all want him to succeed, and he wants to succeed.

"Something happened at some point last year where a switch went off, and that's what I want to talk to him about, and we'll figure that out man to man."

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2009, 07:09:02 AM »

"I'm not going to apologize for the way I felt," he told The Times. "What I feel badly about is that I should have been a man and told David how I felt as opposed to telling a reporter.

"David and I will sit down when he gets back and just talk it through. What you don't get from reading a few excerpts and what you do get from reading the whole book is that we all want David to be here. We all want him to succeed, and he wants to succeed.

"Something happened at some point last year where a switch went off, and that's what I want to talk to him about, and we'll figure that out man to man."

(continue)

he back peddling now?

all this shit cause Becks seize he spot light
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 07:19:47 AM by sammy »
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2009, 07:11:34 AM »
so what becks and 19 entertainment doing?

INFOMERCIAL!!!

money could buy everything.

http://www.dirtytackle.net/2009/07/espn-paid-for-davey-becks-infomercial/

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2009, 09:07:49 AM »

(continue)

he back peddling now?

all this shit cause Becks seize he spot light

Allyuh is rell biased assholes oui!  He rip Beckham and everyone say he shouldna do it so.  He man up and admit to doin shit and now it's viewed as backpedalling?  Wey allyuh does come up with dem reverse brand ah logic from?

Me eh no Donovan fan and I agree with anyone that says he should not have gone public (unless he had these convos with Becks to no avail).  Maybe Donovan realized himself, was told by teamates or Galaxy brass, or maybe it was friends and fam.  however he arrive at the realization is irrelivant.  Many athletes and stars would not make any further statement as to their fallacy in approach, so I give credit to Donovan for admitting this publicly.  As for the spotlight thing it might well be part of it, but I wouldn't fault him for that considering he has shown a very high level of loyalty to both the Galaxy and MLS as a whole by committing himself to the cause (even when he could still have played in Europe).

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2009, 11:01:19 AM »
Allyuh is rell biased assholes oui!  He rip Beckham and everyone say he shouldna do it so.  He man up and admit to doin shit and now it's viewed as backpedalling?  Wey allyuh does come up with dem reverse brand ah logic from?

Me eh no Donovan fan and I agree with anyone that says he should not have gone public (unless he had these convos with Becks to no avail).  Maybe Donovan realized himself, was told by teamates or Galaxy brass, or maybe it was friends and fam.  however he arrive at the realization is irrelivant.  Many athletes and stars would not make any further statement as to their fallacy in approach, so I give credit to Donovan for admitting this publicly.  As for the spotlight thing it might well be part of it, but I wouldn't fault him for that considering he has shown a very high level of loyalty to both the Galaxy and MLS as a whole by committing himself to the cause (even when he could still have played in Europe).

I wouldn't call it loyalty, I would call it an inabilty to get a contract with a big European Team and the high possibility he would be a bitpart player with most tophalf sides in the Big European leagues. By staying in the MLS he garunteed to be a starter, pick-up one of the bigger wage packets in the league and gain good bucks from endorsment as he is a marquee American player. By scrunting round Europe, he would become the forgotten man pretty quick in the US and certainly wouldn't be garunteed a starting place or significant endorsements because of that. He is staying where he knows he can maximise his potential with the occasional foray into Europe in the hope he could get a sweet deal. Again, ah would'nt class that as loyalty.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2009, 11:26:52 AM »

I wouldn't call it loyalty, I would call it an inabilty to get a contract with a big European Team and the high possibility he would be a bitpart player with most tophalf sides in the Big European leagues. By staying in the MLS he garunteed to be a starter, pick-up one of the bigger wage packets in the league and gain good bucks from endorsment as he is a marquee American player. By scrunting round Europe, he would become the forgotten man pretty quick in the US and certainly wouldn't be garunteed a starting place or significant endorsements because of that. He is staying where he knows he can maximise his potential with the occasional foray into Europe in the hope he could get a sweet deal. Again, ah would'nt class that as loyalty.

So yuh think Birchall playing for T&T cuz that was his first choice from since he was a youth?  I doh think so. If Birchy was good enough to rep England, yuh woulda never know he was a Trini. But as fate would have it, this was his best avenue to international football and Talles link him. And as far as I see...his loyalty is not in question. You don't think all of our national team players realize that a good set of performances for T&T could boost their club careers. So Landon has shown he'd like to go to Europe..no question he has extra incentive to play well. But that is the case with almost any player. By your logic, we should question the loyalty of any player who not playing at the highest possible level they could play at...nonsense.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2009, 12:41:44 PM »

I doh see it that way, he was a good player at Bayern and players much worse than him have managed to stay in top flight ball in the big European leagues.  But we doh ha to agree.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2009, 01:56:23 PM »
So yuh think Birchall playing for T&T cuz that was his first choice from since he was a youth?  I doh think so. If Birchy was good enough to rep England, yuh woulda never know he was a Trini. But as fate would have it, this was his best avenue to international football and Talles link him. And as far as I see...his loyalty is not in question. You don't think all of our national team players realize that a good set of performances for T&T could boost their club careers. So Landon has shown he'd like to go to Europe..no question he has extra incentive to play well. But that is the case with almost any player. By your logic, we should question the loyalty of any player who not playing at the highest possible level they could play at...nonsense.

I'm sorry!? Where in my post did I make a general comment about all footballers? I talking about Landon Donovan only! Different players have different reasons for sticking with certain teams and with certain leagues. Birchall situation is nothing similar to Donovan's, how can you make a comparison between them? The reasons for choosing to keep playing for a national team are very different to those of choosing to play for a club side. National teams doh pay yuh daily wage and you only have to play for them ah handful of times per year....I talking about ah fella who choosing to continue a career in a lesser league than prove his supposed class in bigger, more elite leagues. You have completely lost me on your logic there. It is obvious your opinion on what loyalty means is clearly different to mine. To me loyalty in the situation I was discussing, is a player who spurns better options because they have an allegiance with or feel they owe the club they play for. I think Donovan was staying because he doesn't believe the options currently available to him in Europe would actually improve his standing, I do not think he is staying because he loves/or owes the Galaxy or MLS! Now if you argue like Mr Killa an say you disagree with my reasons for why he chooses to stay in the MLS....well ah could understand that. But to me your argument is nonsense.

Mr Killa, yeah we go have to agree to disagree.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2009, 02:01:12 PM »
It good for them. They should have kept Cornell Glen.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2009, 05:56:27 PM »

I'm sorry!? Where in my post did I make a general comment about all footballers? I talking about Landon Donovan only! Different players have different reasons for sticking with certain teams and with certain leagues. Birchall situation is nothing similar to Donovan's, how can you make a comparison between them? The reasons for choosing to keep playing for a national team are very different to those of choosing to play for a club side. National teams doh pay yuh daily wage and you only have to play for them ah handful of times per year....I talking about ah fella who choosing to continue a career in a lesser league than prove his supposed class in bigger, more elite leagues. You have completely lost me on your logic there. It is obvious your opinion on what loyalty means is clearly different to mine. To me loyalty in the situation I was discussing, is a player who spurns better options because they have an allegiance with or feel they owe the club they play for. I think Donovan was staying because he doesn't believe the options currently available to him in Europe would actually improve his standing, I do not think he is staying because he loves/or owes the Galaxy or MLS! Now if you argue like Mr Killa an say you disagree with my reasons for why he chooses to stay in the MLS....well ah could understand that. But to me your argument is nonsense.

Mr Killa, yeah we go have to agree to disagree.

breds...if yuh cyah see the analogies, lemme say it another way.....you said you wouldn't call Landon loyal. He basically playing for La Galaxy cuz he couldn't make at a big club in Europe. All I saying is look Birchy playing for T&T cuz he couldn't make playing for England. But that does not mean he is not loyal to T&T cause now that he is made his decision. i agree playing for club and country can be 2 different things, but i can make a similar analogy to many club players. i figured Birchy is someone we could all relate to and the analogy has similarities, like it or not.

my second point, i will retract. i thought you were trying to say he only playing hard cuz he wants to get scouted by a bigger club. that's why i made the point that could be true of any number of footballers. and the national team analogy fits. by that logic any player who plays hard for the national team hoping to be scouted by a big club, or any club player who does the same not necessarily loyal. you can be very loyal to your club or country and still have motivations to succeed that have nothing to do with loyalty. BUT..my bad. It is an irrelevant point. I realize now that was not in your main argument. Hard luck.

In end, you and i doh know Landon personally so we not in a position to talk about him in that way, that is why i use a general examples to say that your reasoning doesn't make sense. your def. of loyalty kinda limited. funny thing is i would put real money on you criticizing Donavan for being unambitious and stupid..if he actually turned down better offers to stay in MLS. perhaps ah wrong, but i guarantee you'd be the only one who would be caling dat loyalty if that was the case

if you still eh see what i getting at cool..we go agree to disagree. hard luck with the 2nd paragraph. i was off base dey
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 06:07:16 PM by Filho »

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2009, 04:11:16 AM »
Filho: I will agree with you on this....my definition on loyalty does leave a very fine line between a player being classed as loyal or stupid depending on the circumstances, but it's all subjective. I will use Matt LeTissier as an example, he was branded as unambitious / stupid when he turned down at least 4 moves (in my memory) to leave Southampton for bigger clubs and more money. I class him as loyal, He stated his reasons for staying with Southampton pretty clearly (most here should be aware of them so I won't bother listing them) and his actions during and since have never contradicted his reasons. Donovan's actions (still trying to play in Europe) don't particularly suggest he has any great affection or debt to his current employers is all I'm saying. Unlike Beckham he did'nt really have any concrete reason to make a loan move to Europe last season.

Ah go leave it there though.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2009, 10:35:52 AM »
Filho: I will agree with you on this....my definition on loyalty does leave a very fine line between a player being classed as loyal or stupid depending on the circumstances, but it's all subjective. I will use Matt LeTissier as an example, he was branded as unambitious / stupid when he turned down at least 4 moves (in my memory) to leave Southampton for bigger clubs and more money. I class him as loyal, He stated his reasons for staying with Southampton pretty clearly (most here should be aware of them so I won't bother listing them) and his actions during and since have never contradicted his reasons. Donovan's actions (still trying to play in Europe) don't particularly suggest he has any great affection or debt to his current employers is all I'm saying. Unlike Beckham he did'nt really have any concrete reason to make a loan move to Europe last season.

Ah go leave it there though.

cool

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2009, 06:42:57 AM »
Beckham hits back at Donovan
Soccernet.com

England midfielder David Beckham has criticised the "unprofessional" conduct of Los Angeles Galaxy team-mate Landon Donovan after the USA star publicly suggested he had shown a lack of commitment to the club and the MLS.

Beckham has returned to the Galaxy after a five-month loan at Italian giants AC Milan and is seeking showdown talks with Donovan over the comments made in his book; 'The Beckham Experiment'.

"It's unprofessional," Beckham blasted on his return to the USA. "In 17 years, I have played with the biggest teams in the world and the biggest players and not once been criticised for my professionalism."

Donovan claimed the former England captain was a poor leader and that his interest in Major League Soccer had faded, despite being paid 'more than double anybody in the league'.

Beckham responded by saying: "In every football player's eyes throughout the world it would be unprofessional to speak out about a team-mate, especially in the press and not to your face.

"It's important to get this cleared up, and I will be speaking to Landon either this evening or over the next couple of days."

Being in Italy helped Beckham keep his game sharp. And even though it involved a month-long saga of negotiations involving MLS, Milan, and the Galaxy, Beckham said it was for the best.

He also said he would do it again in 2010 if given the opportunity, so he can make one last World Cup appearance with England.

"To be involved in the World Cup and to be involved with this England squad, I have to give myself the chance to be at that top level. I'll do that personally and anything to do that. It's just saying that for the moment, this is what I need to do. It doesn't mean I'm running away from a project I believe in."

"I think the experiences I've had can only help this team," Beckham said.

"I'm personally very professional when I am on the field. I don't care what people say about me off the field, once I'm on the field I'm professional and if there is a chance for him to score, I will be giving him the ball. Me and Landon will talk, but that will be a private conversation."
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2009, 10:09:27 AM »
I just see the interview with Beckham and he didn't "hit back" he just responded because it out there in the public.  The quotes they put correct but the title and the description "Beckham blasted" over the top.

If u only read the article u wud swear they want more war in the press  lol
I guess the media hype go be good for them

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2009, 10:39:10 AM »
I just see the interview with Beckham and he didn't "hit back" he just responded because it out there in the public.  The quotes they put correct but the title and the description "Beckham blasted" over the top.

If u only read the article u wud swear they want more war in the press  lol
I guess the media hype go be good for them
Thats all this is, media hype. Now everybody want to watch LA play to see what go be the case between Becks and Donovan....Americans know how to get attention boy ::)

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2009, 07:36:57 PM »

Now Donovon regret what he say and and  STEUPSE.
Everyting fix.

I eh go lie it might work out better for MLS that he say dem tings to put pressure on Becks to at least look like he making an effort while playing and also make it appear Becks taking dem serious.  still jokey

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2009, 08:29:09 PM »
listenin to donovan on fsc report dey..soun like ah rel bitch dat jes get bawl up..ah almos feel sorry fuh him

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2009, 09:19:30 PM »
I now gone to see if I could get tickets to the game vs redbulls since I see a $20 ticket offer in the newspaper - but when I gone on ticketmaster $20 done, is flecking $65 + $10 for the convenience fee.

to see Beckham and Donovan fight? Nah - and with no certainty that Me Mum going to play?? Nah.
throw parties, not grenades.

1]; } ?>