July 20, 2024, 12:33:39 PM

Author Topic: Bolton's Samuel eager to wear T&T colours.  (Read 19059 times)

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bolton's Samuel eager to wear T&T colours.
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2009, 09:56:56 PM »
we still eh goin SA
Sad but true. :frustrated: :cursing:

Well said, And most people here in denial  :(
Not denial just feel like nothing is impossible... no harm in having faith in Our team...

Offline ChipChipSilver

• 'Let the Good Times Roll'
  • Sr. Warrior
  • Do you feel like working today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2009, 10:21:19 PM »
we still eh goin SA
Sad but true. :frustrated: :cursing:

Well said, And most people here in denial  :(
Not denial just feel like nothing is impossible... no harm in having faith in Our team...

Yeh I know what yuh saying, keep de faith. On the other hand, faith alone cah do it  8)
In Everything, Give Thanks

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2009, 08:59:21 AM »
I think this is Great news for us...but take it with ah grain ah salt because as everybody knows is the Center backs that is the main problem now..Avery has done well recently in that left back position so can JLloyd play center back??... I would like to see Carlos... (Lawrence or Thomas ) JLloyd... A. John in the back. Nuthin against Dog but he is too slow right now ..seems to be ah step behind.. Abu Bakr has too much to learn right now at this desperate time for us  but he has a decent future ...I think Nigel Daniel has had really good games for PR and should be brought in for a trial... Julius James lacks focus as we have been hearing and again maybe the future. Lawrence had 2 horrible games but until then has had a decent showing  and he brings height and experience...but based on his last games he should be riding pine...Thomas has been solid until the USA game ...but still he wasn't the only one that suck ass in that game... :devil: Carlos has done a decent job on the right but only because of his speed ....when he makes long runs up front...nobody covers for him so we need pace and ability in the back just for coverage which JLloyd seems to have...but again lets see how Latas use him...yuh know Latas like that 3-5-2 ...so how would that work? Carlos Samuel Avery?? ???

Saddest, Avery play one game but when we playing with him he is no help whatsoever to the offense.  This man is a better defender and attacking option than Avery.  Plus Avery in he 30's.  I happy the man want to play for we.  Funny this is before the Mexico game everybody clammering for wing backs, now we getting one and allyuh saying we need central backs.  Tallman had 1 bad game....steups.....

Tallman had one bad game??? U cah be serious...USA & Costa Rica  would make it two in my mathematics....also Avery was more solid in that one game...than anybody else  who has played that position this rounds... we haven't seen him play because he didn't get called up under that other Goat...I would prefer have Samuel in his natural position ...and give us something more on the Left going forward.....I agree Avery don't do that well...but based on Dog and Lawrence last performances as the middle option...somebody need to ride pine...so if he can play in the middle and keep Avery on the Left that would be a better defence than we have had for this entire Hex.

Allyuh getting tie up yes.  Central defenders does look bad b/c you wing backs and midfielders totally out of position.  Tallman did not have a bad game against the US.  We may have to agree to disagree on that one but while Avery may defend fairly well, we might as well play one short attacking b/c he cannot even make a solid 10 yard pass.  Out of necessity Jloyd may have played as a central defender but if the man get call up for England at one time as a left back, why in the world wouldn't we play him at that position.
Arimian to meh heart

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2009, 09:40:20 AM »
Because we already have Avery John and Ekiel Edwards. The same way we cried down Cyd Gray and now calling for his return , we will do the same with young Edwards.

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2009, 09:53:39 AM »
 Based on this new addition and he can play Center Back and if Latas decide to go with a 3-5-2.. this is a possible decent team..INO

Carlos   J. Samuel   A.John

Spann        (Birchall/Leon/Noel)      Daniel/Samuel

Tinto                Yorke/Hyland

Jones   Glen
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 09:56:11 AM by noize »

Offline mcruic

• Full Warrior
  • 56 sports updated daily @ theroonba.com
    • View Profile
    • The Roon Ba international Team Sports
Saint Kitts & Nevis v Trinidad & Tobago friendly today?
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2009, 10:04:31 AM »
Anybody know what happened to this friendly match? It's supposed to be playing today in Basseterre, St.Kitts. I read about it in the Trinidad Guardian on 25th June (http://guardian.co.tt/sports/football/2009/06/26/soca-warriors-warm-scotland) but haven't seen anything else about it.
50 sports updated daily @ theroonba.com

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Re: Saint Kitts & Nevis v Trinidad & Tobago friendly today?
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2009, 10:15:14 AM »
Here's a local radio station

http://www.zizonline.com/radio/live.cfm

they don't have the game listed in their programming, but there's a sports report at 7:45 PM - 7:53 PM

« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 10:26:43 AM by E-man »

Offline mcruic

• Full Warrior
  • 56 sports updated daily @ theroonba.com
    • View Profile
    • The Roon Ba international Team Sports
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2009, 10:28:17 AM »
Thanks for the link. Just heard the mid-day news bulletin.  It mentioned the result of the women's tennis final at Wimbledon, but nothing about the football match.
50 sports updated daily @ theroonba.com

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2009, 11:11:46 AM »
I think this is Great news for us...but take it with ah grain ah salt because as everybody knows is the Center backs that is the main problem now..Avery has done well recently in that left back position so can JLloyd play center back??... I would like to see Carlos... (Lawrence or Thomas ) JLloyd... A. John in the back. Nuthin against Dog but he is too slow right now ..seems to be ah step behind.. Abu Bakr has too much to learn right now at this desperate time for us  but he has a decent future ...I think Nigel Daniel has had really good games for PR and should be brought in for a trial... Julius James lacks focus as we have been hearing and again maybe the future. Lawrence had 2 horrible games but until then has had a decent showing  and he brings height and experience...but based on his last games he should be riding pine...Thomas has been solid until the USA game ...but still he wasn't the only one that suck ass in that game... :devil: Carlos has done a decent job on the right but only because of his speed ....when he makes long runs up front...nobody covers for him so we need pace and ability in the back just for coverage which JLloyd seems to have...but again lets see how Latas use him...yuh know Latas like that 3-5-2 ...so how would that work? Carlos Samuel Avery?? ???

Saddest, Avery play one game but when we playing with him he is no help whatsoever to the offense.  This man is a better defender and attacking option than Avery.  Plus Avery in he 30's.  I happy the man want to play for we.  Funny this is before the Mexico game everybody clammering for wing backs, now we getting one and allyuh saying we need central backs.  Tallman had 1 bad game....steups.....

Tallman had one bad game??? U cah be serious...USA & Costa Rica  would make it two in my mathematics....also Avery was more solid in that one game...than anybody else  who has played that position this rounds... we haven't seen him play because he didn't get called up under that other Goat...I would prefer have Samuel in his natural position ...and give us something more on the Left going forward.....I agree Avery don't do that well...but based on Dog and Lawrence last performances as the middle option...somebody need to ride pine...so if he can play in the middle and keep Avery on the Left that would be a better defence than we have had for this entire Hex.

Allyuh getting tie up yes.  Central defenders does look bad b/c you wing backs and midfielders totally out of position.  Tallman did not have a bad game against the US.  We may have to agree to disagree on that one but while Avery may defend fairly well, we might as well play one short attacking b/c he cannot even make a solid 10 yard pass.  Out of necessity Jloyd may have played as a central defender but if the man get call up for England at one time as a left back, why in the world wouldn't we play him at that position.

For a while I've seen ppl downcry Avery John's passing and I wonder If i watch the same games you do..he's no riquelme..but he's not klutz with the ball like you ppl seem to believe..

what is this board's obsession with having an attacking left back anyway?

we NEED a left winger/midfielder who can regularly be a presence on the left side before we can even think about having a left back gallivant up the field or else we be murked on counterattackers...

see the US game were a non-existent Keon Daniel left Akile Edwards to the duo of Dempsey and Heiduk...Akile did fair on Demspey but couldn't stop an overlapping Heiduk..
Heiduk could do that because  the threat  or presence of Daniel was null...

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2009, 11:58:02 AM »
The match playing next weekend.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2009, 02:43:02 PM »

Big match , tickets sellout yet ?
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2009, 03:32:33 PM »
All of  Antigua/- St Kitts/ Nevis/ Anguilla / Montserrat coming for this match. Police on horses to control the crowd on the sidelines just as in the days of the Grand Stand Queen's Park Savannah. The Azteca crowd will be a joke to this crowd.
 I hope the young players could handle the intimidation. A good mental preparation for Honduras.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2009, 07:19:27 PM »
I 4get bout this yes game. 
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2009, 12:04:06 PM »
I 4get bout this yes game. 

You mean it didn't come up when you checked your international matches calendar ? A big game like that ? ..strange !!!
...I wonder what your reaction would have been to this game were a certain colombian in charge ?? hmmnnn ???

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 05, 2009, 12:19:00 PM »

Big match , tickets sellout yet ?
:devil:

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 05, 2009, 12:35:13 PM »
Not on this topic but rell man hating on Keon and i think is bcuz he from Tobago. Just like they dont like Yorke and Makan. I see let Latas drop them if nobody en want them and see the side play shit. We have better players in tobago that in trini but every time they looking 4 youth players them always come Tobago ah week b4 them pick they side. Tobago players: Keon Daniel, Daneil Cyrus, Devon Leacock, John Thomas(GK), Nyron Orr, Leandro Williams, Onasi Forde, Omarr Charles, Kareem Yearwood and Makan Hislop future of Trinidad and Tobago football. But i say branch off from the T&T football and play on we own. We go ready b 2018 WC qualifiers if we get away now. Yorke and St Clair coaching

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 05, 2009, 12:44:15 PM »
Not on this topic but rell man hating on Keon and i think is bcuz he from Tobago. Just like they dont like Yorke and Makan. I see let Latas drop them if nobody en want them and see the side play shit. We have better players in tobago that in trini but every time they looking 4 youth players them always come Tobago ah week b4 them pick they side. Tobago players: Keon Daniel, Daneil Cyrus, Devon Leacock, John Thomas(GK), Nyron Orr, Leandro Williams, Onasi Forde, Omarr Charles, Kareem Yearwood and Makan Hislop future of Trinidad and Tobago football. But i say branch off from the T&T football and play on we own. We go ready b 2018 WC qualifiers if we get away now. Yorke and St Clair coaching

You just ain't have nothing to say.  Men on this site love TnT period.  Don't mistake the TTFF's incompetency in including Tobago more in their scouting plans with the love that fellas have for any Trinidad and Tobago player.  You really believe that Tobago could go it on its own, huh?  Stop being ah bloody idiot.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 05:11:58 PM by Tenorsaw »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #77 on: July 05, 2009, 12:48:10 PM »
You are very wrong. The fact that he is from Tobago is an afterthought. It's like talking about he dreds or he skin colour or some other benign fact about the player. The criticism is purely from a football perspective. He happens to be one of my favourite players on the team but I will also criticize him for the same reasons , his lack of defensive ability, his lack of urgency in general.

When Bertille said "they fire meh because I from Tobago" he lose real points in my book. That old gripe about being mistreated in some way is really tiring.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2009, 01:09:51 PM »

When Bertille said "they fire meh because I from Tobago" he lose real points in my book.

Cosign. utter nonesense. Dey fire yuh because u was a poor snr national team coach.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2009, 03:04:01 PM »
Man in bago still on dat nonsense!! ssttuueeepppsss  when i was ah yute man visiting my uncle who moved there and settled, playing wid dem fellas was painful oui.

they wated tuh break meh foot every time i touch ah ball, one man wanted tuh hit meh wid ah cricket bat, it was real foolish, and for what, BC i was from trinidad!

i saw grown a$$ men ganging up on me BC tobago didn't have enough recognision from trini. the last time i was there in 96 ah yute man had ah big piece ah wood threatening all trini's in ah place called the starting gate, me and meh boys just ride and came back tuh trini the next day!!

i thought by now dat BS was ah thing of the past! you should get ban for life talking this a$$ness fella!

chelsealife i have one word for you, in fact four! grow the fack up!!!!!!!!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2009, 03:56:22 PM »
where the frack u come from ?

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #81 on: July 05, 2009, 06:03:53 PM »

Another idiot  ::)
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 05, 2009, 06:33:39 PM »

Another idiot  ::)
Hating on Keon because for a modern midfielder you have to work hard on coming back and defending. not only beats one man on the left side and feel like a star.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2009, 04:02:41 AM »
what is this board's obsession with having an attacking left back anyway?

we NEED a left winger/midfielder who can regularly be a presence on the left side before we can even think about having a left back gallivant up the field or else we be murked on counterattackers...

I agree and then I disagree....we need a new team...... :devil:.......then all will be pleased or displeased.... :beermug:.......Remember the word.....ALL

Yeh

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 06, 2009, 06:26:38 AM »
Guys spoke to some of the DC players and seems like Avery John is in the dog house at the club, so doh expect him to be match ready by the next game  :(

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2009, 06:34:28 AM »
Based on this new addition and he can play Center Back and if Latas decide to go with a 3-5-2.. this is a possible decent team..INO

Jones   Glen

You playin gcarlos on the right side of a 3 man central defence???
You have to be smoking pardner.
is one thing to stick a right wing with defensive weaknesses at right back, but is another to put him as a central defender.
You do realize as a central defender he will NOT be able to go forward (his best strength) or dribble at defenders.

Come on man, a little more thought before you just throw something out there
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #86 on: July 06, 2009, 06:50:25 AM »

Jones   Glen
Yuh eh see de man name? He warn us in advance.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2009, 07:00:22 AM »
I honestly find Daniel gets some unwarranted attacks, i dont think its because he is from bago( after the uproar caused by the WCQ being played at DYS. i cannot fault some1 4 not argeeing with me though) ppl jus like to jump on bandwagons. i keep saying this is one of the brightest talents we have, he is not the best defensively but i am sure ppl who really watch  foootball can  point out a few of  our past attacking greats who were weak defensively. skilla carried  tnt during the group stages and that must count 4 something. this boy, in my mind ,has a lot to offer and he still has not reached his true potential. jus in case some ppl not sure, the only time he plays left wing is 4 d national team
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2009, 07:01:28 AM »
                                                                Ince
                                        Spann/Abu   Sancho  A.John    J. Samuel         

Tinto         (Birchall/Yorke)      Samuel/Jagdeosingh

Carlos                 Hyland/Noel

Roberts/Stern   
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 08:59:22 AM by Quagmire »

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 06, 2009, 07:06:31 AM »

Jones   Glen
Yuh eh see de man name? He warn us in advance.

Ah must say yuh right...definitely don't want to limit Carlos going forward and as a Central defender he has to hold that position...but with that said who would Yall put as 3 in the back...Thomas , L. Samuel , Avery???...I dont think Avery should be left out ...and based on Lawrence and Dog's last games one of them has to sit down...Dog to slow and Lawrence has made some major blunders..I think we have to stay with 4 in the back but need to win the next games desperately ...so he may want to go with more of a attacking formation.

1]; } ?>