April 29, 2024, 04:08:51 AM

Author Topic: Warriors to warm up in Scotland.  (Read 8389 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Warriors to warm up in Scotland.
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2009, 06:54:08 AM »
We playing Scottish clubs to get ready for Latin opponents??

VB
Friendism. thats the only thing Latapy seems to know coaching about football

I hope allyuh men on kicks eh! :justkidding:

Did you read Palos post? You may not agree but there is some logic to the warm-up camp being in Scotland according to Palos! :idea:

There is sense behind the apparent madness.

The most sense is that it's the best way for both local and foregin based to train together prior to the WC qualifier.  Let's face it, the foreign based who make up the majority of the team will be in pre season training at that time.  Their clubs will not take kindly to their players having to fly back to T&T for national duty at that time and will only release them within the bare minimum time as stipulated by FIFA.  So basically is a case of if Mohammed cyah come to de mountain, den take de mountain to Mohammed.

They'll conceivably get a whole lot more benefit AS A TEAM from this exercise than were the to follow the same path we've always embarked upon. 

Touches already talk about the peripheral (but very real) benefit of a "free" scouting opportunity for clubs (not just scottish...EVERYBODY scouts) and for local based players to showcase their abilities.

Good call Latas.  I would really hope that once fit, Darryl Roberts gets an opportunity to participate in this camp and try out for the team.

Friendism doh have to be the reason for everything just because Latapy now in charge!  8)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 06:57:02 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2009, 07:11:13 AM »
Give the coach a break- Latapy knows it is all about results, so after St Kitts it  will be 2-1 on his resume. I am missing something here? Isnt the locals going to Scotland being paid by their local clubs and isnt the PFL in season.? What would have made sense would have been to go to Venezuela with both Foreign and locals for a friendly.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2009, 07:36:27 AM »
I don't agree wit de complaints. But I glad to see people still complaining.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2009, 05:47:07 PM »
TRip get cancel. guess the U-20 is the only thing the ttff could get  :rotfl: dem men is rel joke yes

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2009, 05:54:00 PM »
d trip wud have cost 300,000 TT dollars. we wud have played falkirk, glasgow rangers an hibernian. dat wud have been 3 good practice matches but of course, without fail, jack cancel d trip cuz d TTFF cyah afford it. dat leads to d question:

WAT D F**K TTFF DOES DO WID ALL D MONEY DEY GETTIN????????????

SSSSSTTTTTEEEEEUUUUUPPPPPSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2009, 08:01:18 PM »
d trip wud have cost 300,000 TT dollars. we wud have played falkirk, glasgow rangers an hibernian. dat wud have been 3 good practice matches but of course, without fail, jack cancel d trip cuz d TTFF cyah afford it. dat leads to d question:

WAT D F**K TTFF DOES DO WID ALL D MONEY DEY GETTIN????????????

SSSSSTTTTTEEEEEUUUUUPPPPPSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
buy placards for UNC-A supporters against Panday to step down

1]; } ?>