April 27, 2024, 05:54:36 AM

Author Topic: What kind of revenue do our clubs make  (Read 2168 times)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
What kind of revenue do our clubs make
« on: July 06, 2009, 01:27:04 PM »
I get the impression that most clubs in TT ketching ass financially.

However, SJC and W Conn. have made some sales.

However, unlike other countries, it seems to be a big secret to share the sales figures with the public.

In addition, there is a sell off factor for the clubs, which entitles them to a percentage of the sale, when the foreign club sells the player.

WC should have garnered around 19 million TT for the sell off of K. Jones (assuming that it was about 30 percent).

Can anybody shed some light on the sales of players for the clubs and what their revs. might be like.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Re: What kind of revenue do our clubs make
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 01:48:31 PM »
Revenue.  Yuh sure dem fellas know bout that?  The bigger clubs (Connection, Jabloteh, and Public) generate some money from transfer fees, I imagine, but that too seems to have slowed in recent times.  They also collect some prize money.  The smaller clubs do not have structures in place that allow them to export talent, and they don't collect as much in prize money; hence the reason for clubs like Grande having to take a cool off and come again.  Petrotrin now starting to throw some oil money into the mix, but they definitely not generating revenue. 
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 01:57:45 PM by Tenorsaw »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 02:10:09 PM »
minus zilch

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 02:40:43 PM »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 03:01:14 PM »
Zandolie,
                you laughing. How them pro-teams surviving without big crowd support and major sponsors is a mystery. All I have to say is that all those involved are in for the love of the game. I may be wrong. Hit me over meh head.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 03:40:01 PM »
Zandolie,
                you laughing. How them pro-teams surviving without big crowd support and major sponsors is a mystery. All I have to say is that all those involved are in for the love of the game. I may be wrong. Hit me over meh head.

They have CONCACAF grants, government money and a lot of love and unpaid work put in. But LOTG alone does not put bread on the table. That is why Skeene has to pull his socks up or go. He has the league doing very well relative to the rest of the Caribbean and it is well run. But the #1 priority should be to fill stadium seats. They try various things over the years but ultimately under Skeene's guidance there is no comprehensive plan in sight to tackle that.

Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 04:36:37 PM »
SPORTT. If it was not 4 dem nuff teams woulda cyah pay d players salary. So govt money from SPORTT/Petrotrin/Police/NLCB sponsoring AIA. But d govt doh do nutten 4 sport esp football.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 04:51:49 PM »
In other words, nobody knows.

VB

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 07:09:09 PM »
In other words, nobody knows.

VB

if d govt payin yuh players salary. It eh have revenue it have expenses.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2009, 07:22:06 PM »
SPORTT. If it was not 4 dem nuff teams woulda cyah pay d players salary. So govt money from SPORTT/Petrotrin/Police/NLCB sponsoring AIA. But d govt doh do nutten 4 sport esp football.

How much is Sportt sponsoring.

We talking around 8 teams, paying around 120 000 TT a month/team. That's more than 16 million TT a year. This does not include money for food and grassroots programs etc. I believe I have severely understated it.

So where all this sponsorship coming from?

VB

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2009, 08:18:35 PM »

Sportt only give $50,000 per month to the ORIGINAL teams,so teams like Ma Pau and South End ain't getting nothing.I ain't even sure if they still doing that because that was for the 1st 3 yrs.
Yuh also have to take into account that new teams have to pay$400,000 for de franchise which is utter madness compared to about $150,000 for the original teams.That is big disparity for a league that isn't even 10 yrs old   
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 08:25:12 PM by royal »

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 06:07:03 AM »
More importantly than how much revenue is how do they generate revenue? It can't be in gate receipts since the games aren't typically well attended and ticket prices aren't particularly high. It can't be in transfer fees because none of the clubs moving players at a rate to make that viable. It doesn't seem to be in marketing of club paraphernalia either. That leaves prize money and sponsorship. Qualifying to play in CONCACAF club tournaments probably will earn something significant. This and the prize money will hardly be enough to sustain a club, especially if you aren't winning anything, so really there's some kind of sponsorship keeping these clubs afloat.

Anyone know someone working the administrative side of a pro league club who can answer vb's question?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2009, 07:48:57 AM »
Why would I pay to see men play when I seeing them n the savannah sweating small goal for free? I might even put a beat on one ah them.

Seriously though, Skeene have to be a god to force people into the stands. The quality just not good enough on the pitch. When a youth watching football Saturday morning on FSC and CL mid week you feel he going and watch ma Pau vs St. Anns. Players ave to invest in themselves and work hard to get better. As soon as a player sign for one of them team he is ah big boy. We self here does big up ah set ah force ripe mango. Imagine men giving man props and talking about he only need a lil time. carbide couldn't ripe some of them players alyuh does be on about.

What T&T need big time is academies. Not no youth teams, academies. then we will start having quality players coming out half ripe and ready to bepicked and juice.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 07:56:37 AM by elan »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2009, 07:50:20 AM »
Back in 2004 I spoke to the owner of NE Stars. He said they were averaging 2 500 ppl per game back then. That was regular club fixtures. However, take into account that when they won the FA cup, the were given NONE of the gate receipts and I could be wrong but no prize money.

Does anybody here go to cub games regularly, how much does a club like JP, WC and others average. If they can get 70 percent of the home game receipts and 10 percent of the away receipts, it's useful money.

Going to the Con Champs is useful because a Mex or US club will have BIG crowds.
Even if it's a conservative 400 000 US dllrs of the away gate. Ten percent of that is big money for a TT team.

However, NE Stars bowed out of the Con competition a few years back becz of no funds to participate in the tournament. Citing that they needed 90 000 TT per game.

VB

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2009, 03:23:30 PM »
Maybe the PFL should ask the Sierra Leone FF advise on reviving crowd attendance.

Taken from BBC Africa football section.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/8154488.stm

While many African countries are struggling to get football fans to go and watch their local competitions Sierra Leone seems to have found a solution.

The popularity of European football, especially the English Premier League, means attendances across Africa have plummeted in recent years.

But Sierra Leoneans are once again embracing their local game thanks largely to the new Sierra Leone Premier League Board (SLPLB), who less than a year ago took over the country's top division.

Despite a sponsorship row delaying the start of the league the championship eventually became a huge success with more than 20,000 fans turning up to watch the final league involving champions, East End Lions.

It was the highest attendance at a local club game in Sierra Leone for over a decade.

A decade long civil war and the growing popularity of the English Premier League affected local games in Sierra Leone.

The executive secretary of the SLPLB, Saidu Mansaray told BBC Sport that good organisation helped them to ensure that people once again embraced the local game.

I am tired of watching television football and am devoting my attention watching our local competitions

Sierra Leone football fan
"We've succeeded in convincing people to love the local game again because we organised the league well," said Mansaray.

"We know Sierra Leoneans are crazy about the English Premier League and so we make sure that we start our matches late in order to avoid playing at the same time English League matches were taking place.

"This league is just a rehearsal, come the 2009/10 league season I am sure more people will embrace our local game."

Indeed, many of the fans agree that their new-found love for the local game is down to good organisation.

"I decided to watch our local matches because I'm pleased with the way and manner the SLPLB is going about organising the league particularly when they play their own matches after the English league matches," Alusine Dumbuya, a football fan told BBC Sport.

Another fan added: "The SLPLB is doing well and they need to be commended.

"But honestly I am tired of watching television football and am devoting my attention watching our local competitions.

"There's no doubt that Sierra Leoneans love football but had been staying away from the local game mainly due to poor organisation in the past."

If the SLPLB can continue where they left off after their first season then the next championship, which starts in two months time, can be even more successful and even more fans will be watching the local games.

1]; } ?>