April 27, 2024, 04:01:54 AM

Author Topic: Wigan confirm Scotland bid  (Read 15383 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Re: Wigan confirm Scotland bid
« Reply #120 on: July 16, 2009, 01:50:30 PM »
kicker do english ppl adjust their accents? do scottish? NO i have to adjust my listening. so y is it that we have  to adjust how we speak.? u dont find something wrong with that? but my accent is part of my identity  and no matter what your accent is once yuh speak standard english  . ppl should be able to understand you.

shaka speaks much faster than the avg trini and sounds more trini than some trinis yet the  espn audience doesnt seem to have a prob.

ppl dont understand what i say sometimes and it has nothing to do with my accent. it has to do with the fact that speak fast and enunciate my words poorly. nothing to do with my accent

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :applause: :applause:

Freak doh study Kicker...he does spit freshwadder right tru.

He like to smallify he Trini accent.  ;D...he is a dark hearted kinda fella :rotfl:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 02:02:12 PM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 16, 2009, 02:07:23 PM »
Just saw it on sky sports news, so is it safe tuh say he signed?

on another note, scotty need tuh step up on his communication skills, BC he sound like ah real country bookie, i could barely understand ah word and i'm from the same country as him.

ayway congrats tough guy! hope yuh do well. make that money.
Nah man he really improve from a few yrs ago .am atleast he keeping it real ,with no fresh water accent .
Tuh tell yuh the truth, yuh doh need no accent tuh articulate your views, but ah fella could @ least sharpen up on his vocab especially when you're in the media spot light on a weekly basis.

the man talking like ah wallafield farmer, plus he's gobbling up his words. look how KJ does do his interviews, clean audiable and no UK accent.

BTW, what do you have against ah fresh water accent?! i most definatly have one, and that's BC i like doing it,#1, and #2 i was so exausted with ppl asking me to repeat my self when i came here, that i decided tuh speak like the romans.

sound like you were gobling up your words ;D
What's yuh point kakahole??
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 16, 2009, 02:15:52 PM »
Spoke to him earlier today, he will most likely be wearing the no "9" shirt.  :beermug:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 16, 2009, 02:20:23 PM »
kicker do english ppl adjust their accents? do scottish? NO i have to adjust my listening. so y is it that we have  to adjust how we speak.? u dont find something wrong with that? but my accent is part of my identity  and no matter what your accent is once yuh speak standard english  . ppl should be able to understand you.

shaka speaks much faster than the avg trini and sounds more trini than some trinis yet the  espn audience doesnt seem to have a prob.

No he doesn't

ppl dont understand what i say sometimes and it has nothing to do with my accent. it has to do with the fact that speak fast and enunciate my words poorly. nothing to do with my accent

I agree there is no need to lose a Trini accent to do so- but sometimes toning it down helps...ie. slowing it down a little, and speaking clearly....Trini coloquial dialect is quick and often muffled- and that's why even in the absence of slang it can be difficult for others to understand us....Shaka's accent for example is 100% Trini but he still tones it down by speaking alot slower and more clearly than he would in a casual setting amongst Trini counterparts...and it works well

Sounds like we're kinda saying the same thing...
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 02:22:55 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 16, 2009, 02:21:14 PM »

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :applause: :applause:

Freak doh study Kicker...he does spit freshwadder right tru.

He like to smallify he Trini accent.  ;D...he is a dark hearted kinda fella :rotfl:

lol  :rotfl: you and I know that is not true  ;D haha
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 16, 2009, 02:55:13 PM »
Eh touches, so what. i does talk meh yankee when i feel like, and ah damn good @ it too. i even had yankees bad talking WI to my face not knowing iz one.

it have men here from trini and they does be talkin pure jamaican and no body doh say shyte to dem, but they does want tuh frown on man who talking yankee and we livin in yankee town.

i livin in rome and i talking and acting like the romans in some instances. if i wanted to be a super trini, then i'd be livin in trini.

it have men who's been livin here in america over 20/30 yrs and they still talking like cane farmers, it sounds so uneducated and backward. imagine representing yuh self and yuh country and sounding like yuh from the bush.

no wonder ppl does treat we like idiots, i believe it's BC of the way some ppl represent caribbeans.

i all for keeping yuh accent, but just speak the language so ppl could understand what the hell you're say without strainin their ear drums.

BTW, i don't speak like those backward yow yow yow ghetto yanks, hell no! i does more drop it like an educated refine yank. the way i see it, we here in the english speaking west speaks only one solitary language, so why not speak it really well.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 09:44:10 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

1]; } ?>