April 28, 2024, 06:00:45 AM

Author Topic: Senior footballers meet U-20s in training match  (Read 9777 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Senior footballers meet U-20s in training match
« on: July 07, 2009, 04:16:34 PM »
Senior footballers meet U-20s in training match.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago’s National Senior Footballers will meet with this country’s National Under 20 team in a training match at the Larry Gomes Stadium on Thursday from 9:30am.

The game was arranged to assist in the ongoing preparations of both teams for upcoming competitions. In the case of the Seniors, prior to their next World Cup qualifier, they travel to St Kitts on Friday to meet that country’s National Senior Team in a friendly international on Sunday while the Under 20s are getting ready for the 2009 FIFA Under 20 World Championship in Egypt in October.

National team head coach Russell Latapy will have a squad of local players at his disposal with Puerto Rico Islanders’ striker Kendall Jagdeosingh being the lone overseas-based player. He arrived back in the country last week.

Vranes meantime will be looking to see how some of the partly new faces in his squad perform after rejoining the set up after a lengthy lay off. They include US College-based trio Stephen Knox, Chike Sullivan and Jesse Fullerton. National Under 17 player Shahdon Winchester has also been added to the squad while defender Sheldon Bateau has returned from injury after missing out on the recent far east tour.

“It’s important for us to see how well these guys fit in and every match will help us,” Vranes told TTFF Media.

“There are some players coming back in and of course we want to see how well all of them are progressing. We also have some interest from the boys in England and we are looking forward to see how this develops to help us become better and ready for the first game against Egypt.”

Belgium-based midfielder Khaleem Hyland also confirmed his interest in joining the Under 20s for the World Championship, adding that it was just a matter of the request coming to his club from the TTFF.

“I’m willing to play and once the TTFF and the management of the team request my release then I will be there for the team,” Hyland said.

“For the time being I’m just happy to have signed this new contract and I’m looking forward to playing more games and getting myself in better condition which will help me for international football as well,” he added.

The National Senior Team will depart Port of Spain on Friday for St Kitts for Sunday’s encounter which will be played at the Warner Fax Stadium. The next 2010 World Cup for the “Soca Warriors” is at home to El Salvador on August 12.

Videos

View Under 20s training session

View Vranes Interview

Clayton Ince interview
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 05:44:14 PM by Flex »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Senior footballers meet U-20s in training match
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 04:26:50 PM »
The Warner Fax stadium.

Tell me that is not what I think it is nah.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 04:35:50 PM »
What preparation.  :applause:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 05:50:48 PM »
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 07:45:05 PM »
I wonder who is the favourite for this game?

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 07:50:29 PM »
AH hope the under 20 put 4 on them....  :rotfl:

What go happen next....  :angel:

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 08:03:17 PM »
I wonder if the U-17 Girls busy?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 08:07:34 PM »
Latapy desperate for a win.

On a positive note, glad to see Shahdon Winchester get a call up, hope Jerrel get one too.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 08:33:39 PM »
AH hope the under 20 put 4 on them....  :rotfl:

cosignnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 08:34:19 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 09:14:34 PM »
Hmmm.....i might make dis a gift fuh myself and go and take it in. 9:30....hmmm....
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 09:16:19 PM »
Hmmm.....i might make dis a gift fuh myself and go and take it in. 9:30....hmmm....

Thxs 4 d report.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2009, 12:30:21 AM »

So it is not preparation ?
The u20's starting back training and Latas have local based in training.
Would this not be a good work out for both teams ?
Why the constant snide remarks when the teams attempting things ?
Practice matchs against different opponents is not always about playing against top teams but is also about the coachs looking at specific things like keeping shape, fitness, set pieces, new players fitting in in a less competeive enviroment.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2009, 05:41:04 AM »
The under 20's should be playing St Kitts. I would like a friendly against Jamaica and Canada. Guadelope may also be interesting.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2009, 05:54:44 AM »

Practice matchs against different opponents is not always about playing against top teams but is also about the coachs looking at specific things like keeping shape, fitness, set pieces, new players fitting in in a less competeive enviroment.
thanks fishs, this board does overdo it sometimes with the ignorance..
who knows..a u-20 might imress latas enough to pull in one of the u-20s for aug 12th...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 05:57:45 AM by Arazi »

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2009, 06:32:18 AM »
That is the equivalent of pre-season training. We supposed to be 'mid-season' by now.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 06:57:12 AM »

who knows..a u-20 might imress latas enough to pull in one of the u-20s for aug 12th...

COSIGN  ;D
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2009, 07:16:42 AM »
That is the equivalent of pre-season training. We supposed to be 'mid-season' by now.

It's a training session if you did not understand.
The senior team is not settled, the coach is relatively new so he needs these sessions.
The u20's are trying players who are coming back from injury and new draftees.
So how does mid season come into the picture ?
If there was not a news release about it we would have been none the wiser.
But you armchair critics think football is as easy as putting 11 men on the field and throwing a ball at them.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2009, 07:18:09 AM »

The senior team is not settled, the coach is relatively new so he needs these sessions.
But you armchair critics think football is as easy as putting 11 men on the field and throwing a ball at them.

COSIGN!!  ;D
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2009, 08:12:22 AM »
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2009, 08:41:13 AM »

Alyuh have to be joking. I think I now understand alyuh level yes. For the U-20 yes, but what that doing for the Senior team? Get serious about this thing man. No wonder JW could do what he want. The fans accepting scrumbs and applauding. Give me a break about over doing and they trying ah thing. At this stage and the position we in, it is not about "trying ah thing" is about fine tuning and getting ready.

If alyuh happy fine, but don't ride me about not being satisfied with the shyte that going on. We have different levels, I cannot help if my level higher. Latapy allowing JW and them to do he what he want.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2009, 08:42:28 AM »

We next opponents just beat CR and we suppose 2 b doin cartwheels because d national team playin d under 20's.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2009, 09:16:34 AM »

Alyuh have to be joking. I think I now understand alyuh level yes. For the U-20 yes, but what that doing for the Senior team? Get serious about this thing man. No wonder JW could do what he want. The fans accepting scrumbs and applauding. Give me a break about over doing and they trying ah thing. At this stage and the position we in, it is not about "trying ah thing" is about fine tuning and getting ready.

If alyuh happy fine, but don't ride me about not being satisfied with the shyte that going on. We have different levels, I cannot help if my level higher. Latapy allowing JW and them to do he what he want.

So..we should fly out an international team to come turn up in the early morning training match against our national team?
is a damn training match..steups...

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2009, 09:29:43 AM »
men eint realize Jack done bailout on this South Africa journey . Looks like he eint spending on a supposedly lorsed cause .Cant blame him even doh is his fault for keeping Muturana ,now is all latas fault cause he cant get jack to spend for better friendlies .
Just hope Latas stick with the program and keeps churning out flashy prospects ,for this hex ,or for the future . Am still hoping for the best ,win lose or draw ..ect ect

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2009, 09:38:38 AM »
men eint realize Jack done bailout on this South Africa journey . Just hope Latas stick with the program and keeps churning out flashy prospects ,for this hex ,or for the future . Am still hoping for the best ,win lose or draw ..ect ect

Cosign. Hopin 4 d best but expectin d worse.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2009, 09:57:23 AM »

So..we should fly out an international team to come turn up in the early morning training match against our national team?
is a damn training match..steups...

Again, the stage we in, there is no such should be no such thing as a training match. We need games. Whether the International players available or not. Play Venezuela, Play Colombia, Play Guadelupe, Martinque, hell play Bermuda again and see if we improve since then. Let the locals go out and battle. This si what Latapy should be addressing.

Why announce this, just do it in practice if is just a training game. Why the big announcement? Keep accepting scrumbs.

Offline noize

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2009, 10:00:54 AM »
men eint realize Jack done bailout on this South Africa journey . Just hope Latas stick with the program and keeps churning out flashy prospects ,for this hex ,or for the future . Am still hoping for the best ,win lose or draw ..ect ect

Cosign. Hopin 4 d best but expectin d worse.

As much as I would hate to say this ..I may have to agree with U..I dont see the urgency of us getting quality games against good teams during this break ...no real sense of urgency by the powers that be...look at Mexico as soon as their game was done with us they were playing friendlies ...US played in the Confederations Cup and all the teams in the hex in the Gold Cup ...we playing against an under 20 squad and going to Scotland to play some club teams  very late in the game...We should have been looking to play in Scotland right after that last loss and doing ah mini tour of Europe all until now against some quality teams...right now some players are probably rusty and not in the mind of International football...I hope that all the teams in the Gold Cup "BUN" by the time the Hex start back so that we can have ah chance otherwise we really preparing now for 2014. ::)

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2009, 10:06:52 AM »
Senior footballers meet U-20s in training match.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago’s National Senior Footballers will meet with this country’s National Under 20 team in a training match at the Larry Gomes Stadium on Thursday from 9:30am.

The game was arranged to assist in the ongoing preparations of both teams for upcoming competitions. In the case of the Seniors, prior to their next World Cup qualifier, they travel to St Kitts on Friday to meet that country’s National Senior Team in a friendly international on Sunday while the Under 20s are getting ready for the 2009 FIFA Under 20 World Championship in Egypt in October.

we play plenty friendly under Mats...alyuh quarrel..say the man eh good...

We play the same el salvador team three times under mats..and alyuh wanted to know why we playing that shit side for..

If we play some big team and get we ass cut alyuh go quarrel...

alyuh bum alyuh gum..it always helps the team when you do that...

positive

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2009, 10:11:40 AM »
Why announce this, just do it in practice if is just a training game. Why the big announcement? Keep accepting scrumbs.

Because Fuentes ent have nothing better to do right now...

Nothing ent wrong with a training match as a exercise... you talking arseness Elan..

Yes we should be playing some friendlies in the build up to WCQ (probably not St.Kitts) but that ent have nothing to do with this training exercise.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2009, 10:19:08 AM »

Because Fuentes ent have nothing better to do right now...

Nothing ent wrong with a training match as a exercise... you talking arseness Elan..

Yes we should be playing some friendlies in the build up to WCQ (probably not St.Kitts) but that ent have nothing to do with this training exercise.

Hey, check yuh keyboard yuh  :bs:  key on I think. You eh read what I type. I said nothing wrong with doing, spare the make out scene.

1]; } ?>