April 28, 2024, 12:26:02 AM

Author Topic: Crewe Alexandra rules out Lawrence move  (Read 1006 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Crewe Alexandra rules out Lawrence move
« on: July 03, 2009, 06:04:20 AM »
Crewe Alexandra rules out Lawrence move
crewealex.net

Gudjon Thordarson has told the clubs' official web-site that he has 'moved on' from trying to sign Dennis Lawrence on a permanent deal. The Trinidad and Tobago international had interested Thordarson following a successful loan spell last season and would have been available on a free transfer following his release from Swansea City.

Lawrence was superb for the club last season, making 29 appearances in the centre of the Crewe Alexandra defence and captaining the side on occasions when Julien Baudet was absence through injury or suspension.

Thordarson had explored the possibility of signing the 34-year-old stopper but it seems that the players' personal terms have been the major stumbling block. The Icelandic coach is now searching possibilities from elsewhere.

Gudjon told the club's official web-site: "We had discussed the idea of maybe signing Dennis early on in the summer, but that doesn't appear viable. We have now moved on from that and I've been looking elsewhere."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Crewe Alexandra rules out Lawrence move
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2009, 07:30:24 AM »
Dennis and Dog is real pardner boi. Club runnin dem 2 sign and nutten happenin. ???
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2009, 06:56:24 PM »
Mike Berry probly moving greedy again...I hope he organise something better now, tho.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2009, 07:15:14 PM »
what they couldn afford 50 bucks ah case ah carib and 6 doubles  :devil: jk .

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2009, 07:18:51 PM »
Mike Berry probly moving greedy again...I hope he organise something better now, tho.

Nah not agent supreme.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Gudjon will not ‘rip up’ budget for Lawrence
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 03:00:16 PM »
Gudjon will not ‘rip up’ budget for Lawrence
By Peter Morse (Crewe Chronicle)

GUDJON Thordarson has rubbished claims he went back on promises to defender Dennis Lawrence.

Lawrence, who spent most of last season on loan at the Alex and was keen to tie up a permanent deal, has claimed he was offered the club captaincy and told he was in Thordarson’s plans.

He said he is disappointed not to be joining Crewe and insisted his wage and contract demands were not “greedy”.

But Thordarson said: “I never offered Dennis the captaincy or a two year deal.”

The Chronicle understands the Icelander did want to sign he Trinidad international, but would not meet his contractual requirements.

He added: “I only have a certain amount of money to spend and I am trying to balance my books.

“But I have nothing but positive things to say about Dennis.

“He is a good professional and a good player, but I can’t rip my budget up for one player.”

Lawrence joined Crewe on loan from Swansea City in September and stayed until the end of the season.

He endeared himself to fans with his wholehearted approach and calm defending, but will now have to seek pastures new.

His former club Wrexham are believed to be interested in re-signing him, but the 34-year-old would prefer to find a club in the Football League.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>