April 25, 2024, 04:31:47 PM

Author Topic: Alternative arrangements for senior team.  (Read 9912 times)

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative arrangements for senior team
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2009, 11:05:15 AM »
300,000 pounds dey talkin bout because it cyah b TT.

girl news last night say 300,000 TT

a rich country like we cyah even pay 300,000 TT fuh we national team!

imagine dat!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative arrangements for senior team.
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2009, 11:29:21 AM »
Jack throw in the towel the day he hired Latapy as head coach. If he was serious and confident we could get to SA 2010 Latapy would have never gotten the job.
          :applause: :applause: :applause: Aye Sam boy,you hitting real hard these days,the thing is i thought when we got rid of Cornmeal and he pardner things would have change for the better,peeps did not realize that was a sign of things to come,it have more to come you know,towel or no towel always remember Jack is a businessman and how long could you beat a dead horse,he hire Latapy because he knows Trinis will be happy and it costing him less don't matter the results.
          I know Jack personally and one of the things he wanted to accomplish was to qualify T&T for a WC,that's history as far as our Football is concerned,i don't think another one is a major concern for him but money is.My observation is that he is more into the politics,that could be a sign of where he is heading.   

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2009, 02:31:22 PM »
Jackula have bigger things to spend he money on now....."Caravan for Change".....

Spend money where? Yuh eh get the memo or wha? even that cancel too ...

Hello, the "Caravan for change" rolling into South later today....like is you who eh get the memo....

at least we know they eh go be holding it in the Brian Lara Stadium .... talk 'bout a waste of money. Money that could've paid for a tour to somewhere like Scotland - or funded a World Cup Campaign.

Oh right, right is the government's fault.....shucks ah forget... ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2009, 02:31:41 PM »
Look how long i told yuhs that i get it from credable sources, jack dun wid the whole SA 2010 thing. i even post on another thread yesterday saying how jack putting all his funding into the under 20 campaign.

BTW, allyuh in for another skock, BC jack soon dun wid the football all together and camps would be the head dunce and scotch bottle washer. as meh breddren said the other day, " if yuh tink jack bard, den wate till yuh geh camps" in ah drunkard kinda muffled voice! :devil:

coop, latas is the best thing that happen to our football in three yrs, i glad we not thinking bout going to the WC or ah quick fix coach to drag us over the line of qualification.

we need tuh fix we football first instead of glory seeking, and i feel latas is the one tuh work wid the pro league and the younger players tuh ensure that we could compete with the rest of the region.

say what :yawning:...... @ least we got to the hex .....barley, and we got to see some games.

i kinda knew that we would not make it when maturana was not fired after the degicel cup, and i sorta had ah premonition that jack was not into this campaign when he didn't try his damnest to include us in the GC.

and when meh breddren confirmed it, then it all came together and made the world of sense.

jack warner complaining about money and the government is willing and able to provide it under one condition, transparency!

jack wants tuh run dictate and micro manage every thing, he wants the coaches tuh include & exclude players he wants, he want tuh select the coaches, he wants access to the funding, he make all major decisions by himself, he dictates @ what venue the games are played, and he's not willing tuh compromise with the sports minister but rather dictate the minister's pace as well.

this man don't belong in no public administration, he's ah real live dictator, and if anything , he belongs in the private sector as ah CEO of some giant company.

allyuh please leave latas alone, BC by the looks of it, he may be the only entity in the TTFF that care for our football and knows what the hell he's doing.          

all in all, we need change real bad!! and all dem old men have tuh ride out for things tuh run smooth.            positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative arrangements for senior team
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2009, 05:06:43 PM »
300,000 pounds dey talkin bout because it cyah b TT.

girl news last night say 300,000 TT

a rich country like we cyah even pay 300,000 TT fuh we national team!

imagine dat!

I saw d story as Brown say is d govt fault.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2009, 05:22:04 PM »
Jackula have bigger things to spend he money on now....."Caravan for Change".....

Hello, the "Caravan for change" rolling into South later today....like is you who eh get the memo....

at least we know they eh go be holding it in the Brian Lara Stadium .... talk 'bout a waste of money. Money that could've paid for a tour to somewhere like Scotland - or funded a World Cup Campaign.

Ent d government dey to provide for the people?
wham? Footballers ain't people too?
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2009, 05:28:38 PM »

Well if u listen  2 I95 NOWWWWWW u will hear dat d technical staff is being paid by d Min of Sport and dey fittin d bill for d 2010 campaign. In addition dey now hittin d Sportco 4 money and since dey fraid Jack he gettin money from d Sportco.

But don't worry Jack aka acb d govt eh doin nutten 4 football.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2009, 05:32:29 PM »

Well if u listen  2 I95 NOWWWWWW u will hear dat d technical staff is being paid by d Min of Sport and dey fittin d bill for d 2010 campaign. In addition dey now hittin d Sportco 4 money and since dey fraid Jack he gettin money from d Sportco.

So if they footing the bill for the 2010 campaign - how come a camp in Scotland is not part of that bill?
... or is it just selective parts of the 2010 campaign that they sponsoring?

The government of TT (past, present, future) WASTES money on everything - why not waste some of that money on ALL ASPECTS Football?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2009, 05:36:16 PM »

So if they footing the bill for the 2010 campaign - how come a camp in Scotland is not part of that bill?

The government of TT (past, present, future) WASTES money on everything - why not waste some of that money on ALL ASPECTS Football?

Dey submit a budget that d govt pay so they eh budget 4 trips. I 4geeeeeet we was suppose 2 b in d GC so dey eh have money 4 dat trip. All  yuh self does complain bout govt wastin money  but it ok 2 waste money if it is your pet project.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2009, 05:42:49 PM »

Dey submit a budget that d govt pay so they eh budget 4 trips. I 4geeeeeet we was suppose 2 b in d GC so dey eh have money 4 dat trip. All  yuh self does complain bout govt wastin money  but it ok 2 waste money if it is your pet project.

How much President, Minister and Special Delegation jump up and wine dong in Germany for WC 2006?
yuh think that was in any budget?

Well since Jack putting he money on 2014 - government better hurry up and start back the Brian Lara Stadium. South might get a game - and if they LUCKY - stadium might be done by then. Tell them send more chinee.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2009, 07:14:49 PM »

At least u could pass and c no progress at Brian Lara we still waitin on d KPMG books. Jack submit a budget and he get d money. How he cyah afford d trip plu y he eh Sportco 4 money. Because d govt would have give him again. He like 2 cry so he cancel d trip.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2009, 07:21:03 PM »
Lara stadium in south is for cricket not football. We have Manny Ramjohn

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2009, 09:01:07 PM »

At least u could pass and c no progress at Brian Lara we still waitin on d KPMG books. Jack submit a budget and he get d money. How he cyah afford d trip plu y he eh Sportco 4 money. Because d govt would have give him again. He like 2 cry so he cancel d trip.

KPMG don't take 6 months to audit books for a simple construction project ... but when Undecott & Calder Hart & Karamath involved - it have no accounting principles to measure the bobol that going on.

(P.S. Anybody see that construction halt in South Africa and the workers on strike? ... if the Stadium doh complete, it eh go have no World Cup - so we eh have nuttin to worry about not qualifying for it)

Unlucky/ Lucky for us - we will get to lambaste Jack from now til the WCQ for 2014 roll around. He eh going no where soon, unless the good Lord decide otherwise. Is kinda like West Indies cricket - yuh have to ask, "what next?"

Lara stadium in south is for cricket not football. We have Manny Ramjohn

If the Brian Lara ever complete - it will be the "QPO" of the south - Manny Ramjohn probably doesn't even hold 12k, but I'm sure the Lara stadium will hold more than MR, so if a WCQ ever have to be played in south, it might be there.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2009, 09:31:01 PM »
SINCE U IS JACK SPOKEMAN SHOW WE D BOOKS. Change d Roach 2 a snake dat is what u and yuh boi is.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2009, 10:15:38 PM »
SINCE U IS JACK SPOKEMAN SHOW WE D BOOKS. Change d Roach 2 a snake dat is what u and yuh boi is.

I dont even know JW personally like some people on the forum. Hell, I never even meet the man - so that is definitely not my boy, and I definitely don't have the financial statements.

But, the same way how people does downcry the waggonists who does show up in the stadium when the team doing well, is the same way it have many waggonists who does just wait for the chance to blame everybody under the sun when things go awry - and more times than not, the scapegoat is JW.

I ain't no JW apologist, but just because he doing wrong, it doesn't mean that the others blatantly doing wrong should get a free pass. This is not "Is We Time Now" like when the UNC thief for 5 years and now yuh have a worse kinda thief who changing the constitution to make thiefing legal.

In essence, the government is just as liable as JW - they have more invested in Football than JW - and it don't have any books to audit for that account.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2009, 10:36:29 PM »
acb,
       I know what you trying to say. Look, the footballers in TT needs to do more for themselves if they want to go further. I find our players are not as fast and as strong as the previous years. Case in point, Keon Danial, has the potential to take the rein in the mid-field. But He appears not to be doing the things to put him over the top. He is slow and get pushed around easily. people on the site have been complaining about that for quite a while. he should be taking the initiative to improve. He is a professional, not a 9-5 dock worker. And that goes for quite a few or the majority of the players.

But when it comes to the Admin. side of football 90% of the blame fall on Jack. He controls everything. He just like patrick. they don't listen to no one.

Yes the gov't should do their part. But they will not move to the beat of Jack's drum. He is an opposition leader. Politics involve. That makes it worse. He is a FIFA official who cannot be touch by the gov't or else we getting ban. He don't have to show them his book, so the gov't will not give him money, so we football suffer. Is the chicken and egg analogy.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2009, 10:46:26 PM »
acb,
       I know what you trying to say. Look, the footballers in TT needs to do more for themselves if they want to go further. I find our players are not as fast and as strong as the previous years. Case in point, Keon Danial, has the potential to take the rein in the mid-field. But He appears not to be doing the things to put him over the top. He is slow and get pushed around easily. people on the site have been complaining about that for quite a while. he should be taking the initiative to improve. He is a professional, not a 9-5 dock worker. And that goes for quite a few or the majority of the players.

But when it comes to the Admin. side of football 90% of the blame fall on Jack. He controls everything. He just like patrick. they don't listen to no one.

Yes the gov't should do their part. But they will not move to the beat of Jack's drum. He is an opposition leader. Politics involve. That makes it worse. He is a FIFA official who cannot be touch by the gov't or else we getting ban. He don't have to show them his book, so the gov't will not give him money, so we football suffer. Is the chicken and egg analogy.

Yeah Deeks, hard not to agree with everything you said there - but at some point a line needs to be drawn. Some people interpret that line being drawn as the government will no longer give in to JW and his outlandish demands.

I see that line as - how much longer is the government going to spite/ inconvenience JW as payback, while the football suffers as a result.

JW is engrained in TT Football and we will not get him out. As much as TT Football could do without him, you have to honestly wonder where would TT Football be without him (some may argue - in a much better position), but that is something we will never know for sure.
... and just as much as TT Football needs JW; TT Football also needs the government support. Very rarely they get both of them to support them at the same time.

If you take a step back and look at all the times TTFF and The Government work together, Football has come out the winner. When there are divides and barriers set up because of stubborness, spitefulness, personal agendas and egoes - all the stakeholders of TT Football suffer.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2009, 10:50:05 PM »

I dont even know JW personally like some people on the forum. Hell, I never even meet the man - so that is definitely not my boy, and I definitely don't have the financial statements.

But, the same way how people does downcry the waggonists who does show up in the stadium when the team doing well, is the same way it have many waggonists who does just wait for the chance to blame everybody under the sun when things go awry - and more times than not, the scapegoat is JW.

I ain't no JW apologist, but just because he doing wrong, it doesn't mean that the others blatantly doing wrong should get a free pass. This is not "Is We Time Now" like when the UNC thief for 5 years and now yuh have a worse kinda thief who changing the constitution to make thiefing legal.

In essence, the government is just as liable as JW - they have more invested in Football than JW - and it don't have any books to audit for that account.

According to FIFA rule the government of a country CANNOT interfere with the Federation. So, according to you they should just fork over money, because they does do bobol in everything else? Nice.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2009, 10:56:05 PM »

According to FIFA rule the government of a country CANNOT interfere with the Federation. So, according to you they should just fork over money, because they does do bobol in everything else? Nice.

No. I just want them to find a common middle ground where government and TTFF can work together - so far, neither of them budging, so the game of chicken will just go on for all eternity and we might as well kiss prospects to 2014 goodbye.

When TTFF and the government finds a way to work together (which will not happen unless they both get to promote their own agendas) then, and only then will Football stand to benefit.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2009, 11:18:20 PM »

No. I just want them to find a common middle ground where government and TTFF can work together - so far, neither of them budging, so the game of chicken will just go on for all eternity and we might as well kiss prospects to 2014 goodbye.

When TTFF and the government finds a way to work together (which will not happen unless they both get to promote their own agendas) then, and only then will Football stand to benefit.
This will only happen if the UNC won the election and jack was still associated with the party, or if jack warner and camps was to leave the TTFF taking with them their whole entire staff and relinquishing all ties with the federation.

either way , these two scenarios are highly unlikely! we stand ah better chance of winning the world cup in south africa than seeing this materialize.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2009, 11:30:07 PM »
Let meh say it again TTFF submit a budget d govt give d budget. Now d TTFF eh have 300,000. We eh talkin bout TSTT sponsorship money yet. What about gate receipts. Jack say I eh have no money lets just give him a spare key 2 d treasury. That way whenever he want he can just take.

LOUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
STEUPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2009, 11:42:24 PM »
Let meh say it again TTFF submit a budget d govt give d budget. Now d TTFF eh have 300,000. We eh talkin bout TSTT sponsorship money yet. What about gate receipts. Jack say I eh have no money lets just give him a spare key 2 d treasury. That way whenever he want he can just take.

LOUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
STEUPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Yuh lie??? for this campaign??!!! boy, jack warner is ah real nasty evil scumm bucket boyyyy!!!!

weary, when did he get this money, and how much was the budget ?

BTW, tommorrow is yuh day off, or yuh doh need much sleep?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2009, 12:15:58 AM »
FIFA has never had a VP who is the ole tief of a country treasury....sorry I mean Prime Minister of a country
watch the ride
eh eh allya Don't Know Jack
Seap Bladder must be lickin he lips :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2009, 07:35:50 AM »
my question is how does a scotland trip for a team of 18 players cost only $300k TT..

if i myself go to the UK and stay by family that could still me back a 10k TT..

For this team is airfare, meals, ground travel to different places, hotel accomodation plus yuh hadda give dem men daily stipend.

unless it was being subsidized by the govt?

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2009, 07:37:53 AM »

This will only happen if the UNC won the election and jack was still associated with the party, or if jack warner and camps was to leave the TTFF taking with them their whole entire staff and relinquishing all ties with the federation.

either way , these two scenarios are highly unlikely! we stand ah better chance of winning the world cup in south africa than seeing this materialize.

LOUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
STEUPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Based on what you're saying JW continues to have the upper hand, and the government is being submissive to all his wishes and demands. It would seem that the gov't is unsuccessfully trying to curb that behaviour, then from the looks of it, the government has the wrong fighter in the ring.

If government/ Ministry of Sport is concerned about football - and they should be - then they need to find a way to work with, and a negotiator smart enough to deal with JW and his gang.

If not, we will continue to see a standoff between a reputed smartman and another not-so-smart man.

Weary, you said: Jack say I eh have no money lets just give him a spare key 2 d treasury. That way whenever he want he can just take. - but our government sees no problem in giving a spare key to Calder Hart - A Canadian not even involved in Football, and we can easily add a few 00s to the number of what he raiding the treasury for. Why is it that the convenient blind eye isn't turned to that - or is it that Jack keeps all the money for himself so that gov't officials cannot get any kick-backs to their corporations and offshore accounts?

I get what you're saying though, because I can only guess the the scenario plays out like this:
Jack/TTFF (JWFF) cancels tour because they don't have $300k.
JWFF asks government to defray cost of tour
Gov't says they will pay for the tour, but they want to see what they're paying for
JWFF declines to give them an itemized list of cost breakdown
Gov't says they're not giving money away that easily
JWFF calls their bluff and schedules game vs St. Kitts/ Tour of Scotland cancelled indefinitely
JWFF plays it up in the press
Gov't - JWFF continue their standoff

The end result of all of that grandcharging is that Football suffers

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2009, 07:40:53 AM »
my question is how does a scotland trip for a team of 18 players cost only $300k TT..

if i myself go to the UK and stay by family that could still me back a 10k TT..

For this team is airfare, meals, ground travel to different places, hotel accomodation plus yuh hadda give dem men daily stipend.

unless it was being subsidized by the govt?

I was thrown off by the cost of it as well - but sometimes touring teams who are guests of other teams/ countries have alot of costs absorbed by their hosts.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2009, 07:43:20 AM »
The fans who believe we could still make it to SA are "Hopeless Romantics"

Jack already know we go be sitting with Reggae-fan and cheering Brazil, Argentina, Usa and Hengland.... so he decide to lunge his teeth in witless Indian voters necks... with the hopes of sucking his way to the PM's mansion.

Offline socachatter

• ey boy look ah make
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2009, 09:19:45 AM »
This one reeks from the get go.  Why was it announced that the team was going to Scotland and the budget was not approved in advance by the ttff?  At the end of the day government/sponsor money has to be allocated on an annual basis.  Whatever we want to say or assume about how the ttff spends its money, why did the team management organise and publicise this trip without getting approval for the budget?  It was a bold and careless assumption to make.  And speaks volumes about how irresponsibly the organisation is managed across the board.  Did they even express to the executive in the organisation that this is what they wanted to do? Or just coordinate it, publicise it and throw the TTFFs back up against the wall?  And Jack in conference after conference talking about how he cannot afford the trip, like its his money paying for the trip and not the Federations.  The whole thing is ridiculous!
"Moral certainty is always a sign of cultural inferiority.  The more uncivilized the man, the surer he is that he knows precisely what is right and what is wrong.  All human progress, even in morals, has been the work of men who doubted current moral values, not of men who tried to enforce them."

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2009, 10:00:09 AM »

I could understand that, yuh make a lot of sense.

Here's my thing though. The government has consistently given money to the TTFF and we have not see where it went. The TTFF made gazillions of $$$$$$$ in every form and fashion for WC 06. Since then, the Soca Warriors have done nothing Substantial that can be said to have used up all that income.

However, approx. 1-2 years after WC 06 JW said the TTFF was broke and suspended all football except the U-17 or U 20 men. The government swooped in and saved the day with an $18 million dollar DONATION/GRANT. Since then we made a trip to Argentina, the U-20 went on their trip and outside of thos two Ican't recall any other substantial endeavors by the TTFF with our teams.

The trip to Scotland is purported to cost TT$300,000. Now lets multiply that by 6 (trips) and we should just about used up the $18 million. Yet we have not been on 6 trips that would cost us that amount of money. As was stated numerous times, the government on many occasion have been paying the technical staff of the TTFF. Therefore it begs the question,

What does the TTFF have to show for the monies that they secured via sponsors and the government?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2009, 10:02:47 AM »
The trip to Scotland is purported to cost TT$300,000. Now lets multiply that by 6 (trips) and we should just about used up the $18 million.

Yuh counting in metric aought? :rotfl:

1]; } ?>