April 28, 2024, 10:00:04 PM

Author Topic: Raising the level of our Football Accountability; who do we blame now?  (Read 6382 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
    It is not without blame that we cast our pangs of hope, sorrows and whatever  pent up frustrations for our lack of football domination at some sacrificial  scapegoat.

I am sure it happened in pre - Gally times and as witnessed throughout the years, the state of our program has been mired in blame. But who is at really at fault?

Witnessed the score of the last game. Some wonder as to why we did not qualify for the Gold Cup and before one could say  'Jack Sprat'  Maturana was chastised as the culprit. Now does winning against a  powerhouse like St. Kitts, 3-2 rings an endorsement of domination? Shouldn't our local  professional squad, dominate St.Kitts and beat them into oblivion? I am not denigrating the quality or the  standard of football in St. Kitts but I am moreso implying that if we are aspiring to have favourable results against higher ranking teams but are unable to decisively and convincingly control our game in the defense, midfield and offense against lesser oppositions, then what does this tell us about our current level of play? If in fact some people believe that most Caribbean teams are on par on any given day in with each other, then what would it take to go beyond to be at the NEXT level? whose responsibility is it to get us to the NEXT level?

So wherein lies the fault? Is it the inability of the coach's tactics? the selection committee (or person) or is it within the grasp of the players?

It is my humble opinion that players despite the coaching at this level, have to bring  a motivation  and a skill set that is beyond reproach. Consider the fact that:

• as a player you are getting an opportunity to represent your country. Is the sense of pride and nationalism a thing of the past?
    Consider that as a player, playing for one's country may  provide  some players with the opportunity  to be scouted to foreign contracts
      Consider as a player, the ultimate goal of playing on the world's largest stage- the World Cup.

My sense from. here is that our players lack this sense of urgency, this sense of hunger , this sense of  desire. Looking at the standard of play at the Gold Cup, I have to wonder that if we are not up to the standard of Grenada, then we must be really in a sad state. The illusion of TNT as a Caribbean powerhouse in football is simply shattering into fragments and no one seems to be able to put us back up on the wall.

Blaming J.W and the TTFF seems contrite. We had a' blacklist' and we did not have a blacklist-- same results. The ineptitude of our foreign players to the squad is not helping matters. I venture to say, that at the time when Maturana field a local squad that went into Cuba and dominated that game, was a time when we came closest to playing with some urgency. Since then , this experimenting with an inferior squad and then inserting 'star boys'  two or three days prior to crucial games  is not effectively working in this campaign for our cause. Team chemistry, cohesion are seriously missing. J.W does not play the game!!!!! players do!

Not much has been attributed to the inexperience of our present coach at least Maturana had the distinction of taking a team to W.C like or despise him, he has been to the big stage!!!  What were our expectations of  our present coach? Once more given the players available to him, it stands without reason, that our present performances should have yielded better results. Our present coach  brings experience from his playing days as well as coaching knowledge beyond the ordinary fan or local player. It would seem then that the direction should not be to blame coaching or  moving a coach along as an excuse for poor performance, as coaches do not play the games , Players do!!!!

So where does the blame truly reside? who sets the conditions for success? and how do we nurture intrinsic motivation? It is about time that collectively the powers to be and those who are given opportunities to lead and to play, do some serious 'soul' searching ad begin with the question are we better than what we are presently showing or do we have it within us to be like the Brazil of the world? do we truly believe in TOGETHER WE ASPIRE AND TOGETHER WE ACHIEVE or are we simply a group of individuals running around like chickens with our heads chopped off?

"The fault dear Brutus lies not in the stars but within us" Let each man accept a measure of blame and let's put yesterdays behind and move on for a more promising tomorrow.

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=18636.msg191407#msg191407

Check out what Hart accomplished so far without  so called 'start boys'  in the line up:

Kudos to Hart for stylish play
By GARETH WHEELER

Here we go again -- Canada is making another unexpected run at the Gold Cup.

Lack of preparation games? No problem. Key Canadian players deciding to take a pass? Whatever.

The bottom line is that Canada has flat-out performed, and winning the tournament's Group of Death is no small feat. Jamaica, El Salvador, and Costa Rica are all solid CONCACAF teams; none of them even close to a walkover.

There is reason to be more encouraged by this side than the team that was robbed in the semifinal against the U.S. in the 2007 event.

Much like that team, Canada's young talent has risen to the occasion.

This year's version is even more composed, confident and cohesive than the last .

Most noticeable is the team's confidence when in possession of the ball.

The young kids want the ball at their feet, which is a new-school trait of the up-and-coming breed of Canadian players.

And with any luck, we've seen the last of the Canadian kick and run for good.

This stylish side is a far cry from the team under former head coach Dale Mitchell.

As for any in-fighting, it's non-existent.

Seemingly bringing it all together, yet again, is interim head coach Stephen Hart.

Back on the sidelines, Hart has proven he can consistently get the guys to play.

Not just to play hard, but to play intelligently and he has got the most out of his roster.

There's no need to use the Canadian Soccer Association's limited budget to bring in a so-called "big name'' international coach when you've got a guy who can get the job done doing it right now.

After the tournament, regardless of whether they beat Honduras in Saturday's quarterfinal, the interim tag should be taking off.

Hart has to be the man.

That being said, more technical and support staff are needed to assist Hart on the scouting, player development, and organizational duties he currently has been over-seeing. [/list][/list]

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Soccer/Canada/2009/07/13/10114226-sun.html
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 02:10:48 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Without a Heart, who do we blame now?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 10:50:46 AM »
Hart for the job- Fire Latas now- That is the bottom line.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Without accountability, who do we blame now?
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 11:39:17 AM »
AB I really like what you just put out. I think that like Hart, Latas with more technical support and staff especially on the defensive tip could produce the same results. Latas did get the Team to play Hungrier.
As it has been expressed across the forum and brought to the light by SAM... Dont matter what, we will break down by the 70-75th minute. This should be a major cause for concern and as un-motivated as the Team may have looked or uninspired they may have played one thing is for certain. Latas have the Team playing with more Hustle. im sure dat would mean we go bun faster...lolol  Go figure.
We need FITNESS most of all as per Sam and we need motivation alongside it of the same value as per AB trini.
I feel with the combination of both and Latas ability to bring "Fear No one" to the equation we should be in good shape by 2014. Bring in de youths.

P.S. I did forget the third part of de equation... Bring in a foreign advisor to assist Latas with Defense. Its never been a TnT strong suit especially when as lil children we learn the defense is where yuh does go and play when yuh tired. Cya change dat philosophy overnight.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Without accountability, who do we blame now?
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 02:05:14 PM »
AB I really like what you just put out. I think that like Hart, Latas with more technical support and staff especially on the defensive tip could produce the same results. Latas did get the Team to play Hungrier.
As it has been expressed across the forum and brought to the light by SAM... Dont matter what, we will break down by the 70-75th minute. This should be a major cause for concern and as un-motivated as the Team may have looked or uninspired they may have played one thing is for certain. Latas have the Team playing with more Hustle. im sure dat would mean we go bun faster...lolol  Go figure.
We need FITNESS most of all as per Sam and we need motivation alongside it of the same value as per AB trini.
I feel with the combination of both and Latas ability to bring "Fear No one" to the equation we should be in good shape by 2014. Bring in de youths.

P.S. I did forget the third part of de equation... Bring in a foreign advisor to assist Latas with Defense. Its never been a TnT strong suit especially when as lil children we learn the defense is where yuh does go and play when yuh tired. Cya change dat philosophy overnight.

Yeah David I agree that we need and it will take a defensive technical plan for us to qualify.  I believe our fight can get us something but it may not be enough when everybody start fighting up for the 3rd and 4th spots.  As much as it hurts me we just don't have the players.  And it to late to be trying thing and trying thing.  The only hope we have is if we get recklessly creative and u know what happens if when you get reckless at this level.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
As much as I would like to see SH coach TT, his appointment will not resolve our current issues. What will Jack give SH  that he will not give Latas. Better teams to play friendlies? how do we know Lats did not demand that?, more money?, more Brits?. All yuh spinning top in mud. Why after WC06 we don't have competent offensive and defensive mid-field. How come we on the outside can see that as blind bats and the administration can't see that. Guys, apart from Carlos, who on the current TT team worth mentioning?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
As much as I would like to see SH coach TT, his appointment will not resolve our current issues. What will Jack give SH  that he will not give Latas. Better teams to play friendlies? how do we know Lats did not demand that?, more money?, more Brits?. All yuh spinning top in mud. Why after WC06 we don't have competent offensive and defensive mid-field. How come we on the outside can see that as blind bats and the administration can't see that. Guys, apart from Carlos, who on the current TT team worth mentioning?

Don't be like that!

With the right coaches & development programmes them same players yuh writing off can takes us to another World Cup and makes us all very proud! Of course some of the older ones will need to hang up their national boots shortly as we need players on the national team who could run hard for 90+ minutes and still give more!  Our players particularly the local based ones are not fit enough, maybe someone like Ato can be added to the staff to help in this regard.

If only JW doh mess up things again for us when everything starts falling into place then we can go places!
We also need a TD who can stand up to JW in his demands for enough games with high quality opponents and us following a proper development programme.

Of course more transparency is needed in the TTFF so that the Ministry of Sports can be sure that they are not simply lining Jack’s pocket! Camps needs to ride off into the sunset and must be voted out of office if we are to see real progress with our national football teams but we need to find someone to replace him, Shaka Hislop is a good candidate!!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 03:31:28 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Socapro,
              i agree with most of what you saying, but there one caveat.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I feel many fans underestimate that most of the Can.players pass through SH hands/scrutiny at some point of their development, he know them and they understand what he requires...he doh have to waste much time in teaching dem nuthen. no National coach should...but as he was already a part of their development, and was hardly ever the big borse, he may have possibly developed, a totally different, yet positive relationship, with all levels of Canadian teams, and having spent time, travelling, training, living with these guys, has a real familiar(like family) method of communication, that very few National coaches can attain....he will know them 10 times more than Latapy(excp Yorke & SJ) or any foreign coach. Not even a Fenwick, could manage that- he being the big boss dah dah.... Will it translate into Intl success for Hart, can't say, but he may be able to get this and probably the next generation of guys to be exploring their limits as National players, as he will have the same problems of getting his best, organizing games and practices within a short time frame, and probably field a completely different team come Fifa dates etc...but he hardly have to waste time trying out, he just have to 'select or select not', based on opponents...still no walk in the park..

he will not have that hypothetical advantage coaching T&T

add: + what Pro say, whoever have to deal with TTFF & warner, satrting off at a disadvantage right dey
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 04:07:57 PM by maxg »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Maxg,
          As bad as Canada has had in the past, they have not had to deal with a character like Jack. This is no joke, eh!

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
Maxg,
          As bad as Canada has had in the past, they have not had to deal with a character like Jack. This is no joke, eh!

Deeks, as much as you're correct in your assessment and not wanting to discount it, Canada has had their own problems with proper funding and support since football is not their #1 sport. Ice Hockey and Curling receive more support than Football in Canada - their weather and home conditions aren't that friendly either - when you consider that most their immediate competition is primarily located in the tropics.

Canada have obstructions and they overcome them, or at least move in a positive direction without the drama that plagues TT Football.

Trinidad is tailored to be a Footballing Powerhouse - at least in Concacaf. We have better pedigree than most of our competitors. We have better and more accessible facilities than most of our competition. We SHOULD have the resources available to fund proper nurturing of our homegrown talent. We have micro-structures and a vibrant SSFL that instills the passion of players and supporters at an age where talent can be positively re-directed and skills can be honed and sharpened, and best of all - we have weather that is favourable for year round practice and play. Yet there is some lackadaisical and inherent that stymes our progress, and while I'm sure it has been indentified, the ones that we entrust to police the game are more concerned with other things rather than righting and steadying the ship.

But to whom much is given, much is expected. Too bad we're under performing - it's a disservice to us, our citizenry, the game and to the regional counterparts that think highly of us. It's all our loss - whether we love the game, or not.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
DE DOUEN AND DEM COMING
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
A thought just occurred... maybe at 70 mins we could sub de whole backline. 3 subs allowed, 3 man bun in de back dey consistently.  ;D
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
A thought just occurred... maybe at 70 mins we could sub de whole backline. 3 subs allowed, 3 man bun in de back dey consistently.  ;D

So you saying we have 7 quality defenders in the T&T side then?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I see your point. Maybe then we could increase to 2 goalkeepers.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I see your point. Maybe then we could increase to 2 goalkeepers.

I suggested that for the USA game in Nashville.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
All questions answered after Aug 12th.  Big news!!!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Raising the level of our Football Accountability; who do we blame now?
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2009, 09:13:36 PM »
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow, ( Wednesday 12th)
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,     ( creeping up on we despite all the going ons)
To the last syllable of recorded time;               ( another day in we football history)
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools         ( we fans getting caught up in so much beyond we control)
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle! ( some losing it..... some in despair some done with TNT football)
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player         ( It is what is it  is from the time as many know it; nothing here was a surprise)
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury
Signifying nothing." — Macbeth (Act 5, Scene 5, lines 17-28) ( at the end of the day ...story done...money gone and 2014 we start all over again)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 09:19:15 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
My Condolances.to....regret to inform you about the passing
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2009, 09:30:55 PM »
The TNT families, announce with profound regrets of the passing of TNT football in the 2010 W.C qualifying.This sad event occurred  throughout this campaign after a series of setbacks,  a blacklist plague, mismanagement, poorly  made decisions,  inexperienced player selections, and coaches  with  suspect abilities. lack of adequate preparation, an arrogance about friendlies, and multiple pandemic outbreaks of 'jackarseness' have contributed to this demise.

It is with sadness and regret that we have been reading and  watching  the sad plight that our game has taken tonight. To be subjected to such utter display of pathetic lack of interest, urgency and  discretion on the field  by TNT Warriors is a horrific legacy for us to be remembered by.

Our players are survived with the memory of the 2006 W.C. memories. They leave to mourn  countless fans, and players who were not given the opportunity to  display their talents. The lack of  a leadership on field, a defensive midfield and a tactician to set up the strikers were  most evident. at the time and may have contributed to the cause of death.

R..I.P.  2006 memory.

Funeral arrangements are as follows:

Wake Keeping service will be held at ZEN October 11  from 7:00 P.M. to 12:00 A.M. at:

Funeral services will be held on October 12,  from 9am to 11am at:

Any club, under any palm tree and at any liming spots throughout TNT.

Until we meet again. I am now officially retired ..........
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 10:19:58 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: My condolances...regret to inform you
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2009, 09:57:56 PM »
thank God me eh see this game...is by fate...i woulda surely have a headache by now  >:(

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2009, 10:03:53 PM »
thank God me eh see this game...is by fate...i woulda surely have a headache by now  >:(

All yuh heart does stllhurt all yuh. I supportin but I so unattach it eh funny
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2009, 10:12:03 PM »
Umm.. ah could bring this topic back now?

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2009, 10:32:06 PM »

a typical female comment for you when the going is good it's all great and fancy then when things turns around you run and hide.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 10:34:39 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2009, 11:12:03 PM »

a typical female comment for you when the going is good it's all great and fancy then when things turns around you run and hide.

Run and hide mean I eh supportin. I just tired ah d hearybreak so I supportin and would implement any plan 4 change like d 1 yuh promise we but I eh gettin depress and sulkin when we get 4 in CR. I tired ah dat.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2009, 12:45:57 AM »

Run and hide mean I eh supportin. I just tired ah d hearybreak so I supportin and would implement any plan 4 change like d 1 yuh promise we but I eh gettin depress and sulkin when we get 4 in CR. I tired ah dat.

Well.... help Join the fight and show us what you got..

All who in support of removing those at the very tip top in the TTFF?

Try this:To contact Andrew Jennings: http://www.transparencyinsport.org/contact_andrew.html
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 01:32:38 AM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2009, 02:57:03 AM »

In all truthfullness , i cosign!!!!!!!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2009, 12:24:58 PM »

de few female fans we have more committed than 9/10 of the males in this place. I just waiting for warrior queen, brown sugar et al to catch up to you lol
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2009, 12:26:09 PM »

weary wat ch yuhself...unattach does get call up to play for the Red White and Black!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2009, 01:10:47 PM »

Ah hope you see now dat de problem was not get rid of Mats and everything go be alright  ? we problems more far reaching than that . ...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2009, 06:00:50 PM »

de few female fans we have more committed than 9/10 of the males in this place. I just waiting for warrior queen, brown sugar et al to catch up to you lol

Doh bother wid he......chups...
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2009, 06:02:28 PM »

Ah hope you see now dat de problem was not get rid of Mats and everything go be alright  ? we problems more far reaching than that . ...

Boy I for one was hoping we woulda get a Beenie type to replace the dentist but we get Latapy and I was skeptical, still am but it doesn't make a difference now does it....*sigh*.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

1]; } ?>