March 29, 2024, 03:16:18 AM

Author Topic: Possibly a thread people will see as stupid but anyway..... Who is the Greatest  (Read 7656 times)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Asylumseeker I said already that I knew that in my first post check the asterisks and the bottom of my post. Maybe I didn't explain it in a way that did show that I knew.

If this is better: Thierry Henry was born in the Metropolis, ''The Mainland'',..... Paris.

LOL @ BM

I think Marcos Senna is good call also Asylumseeker with Emmanuel Olisadebe, Tigana etc. Alot of players who mentioned have made a good contribution.

Thanks for all the replies to the thread.

The mention of Ray Houghton made me think of Aiden McGeady (No way this guy has made the same
contribution as RH lol) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSS61Deu8t8

Paul McGrath was born in Ealing, London and grew up in Dublin I forget.

Do not be so quick to believe that.  There is mystery surrounding the birthplace of Henry and this has been so for many years.  Henry has been said to be born in Guadeloupe, Haiti, and France.  Similarly Kareem Abdul Jabaar wasn't born in the US but you will find oodles of sources saying he was.  Unless you see de man bithpaper doh puh yuh head on no block.

killa..there is no mystery. there may be rumors and that is all well and good, but as i was saying to acb, all we can go on is reputable public data and they all have him born in a suburb in France. If anyone can find a public record of him disputing that he was born in France, or a credible source saying he was born elsewhere, then that should help clear it up, or at least pose a serious question. The official Barca website, run by the club has his birthplace in France. We don't have the birthpapers of any of these players...Until Henry publicy denies being born in France, for the purposes of this thread, he is French-born

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Asylumseeker I said already that I knew that in my first post check the asterisks and the bottom of my post. Maybe I didn't explain it in a way that did show that I knew.

If this is better: Thierry Henry was born in the Metropolis, ''The Mainland'',..... Paris.

LOL @ BM

I think Marcos Senna is good call also Asylumseeker with Emmanuel Olisadebe, Tigana etc. Alot of players who mentioned have made a good contribution.

The mention of Ray Houghton made me think of Aiden McGeady (No way this guy has made the same

Do not be so quick to believe that.  There is mystery surrounding the birthplace of Henry and this has been so for many years.  Henry has been said to be born in Guadeloupe, Haiti, and France.  Similarly Kareem Abdul Jabaar wasn't born in the US but you will find oodles of sources saying he was.  Unless you see de man bithpaper doh puh yuh head on no block.
Umm but Kareem was born in NYC though i think everybody accept this fact? so whats your argument there? check his official website... but if u have a copy of his birth paper that really saying something different my bad...

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile

LOL @ BM

Umm but Kareem was born in NYC though i think everybody accept this fact? so whats your argument there? check his official website... but if u have a copy of his birth paper that really saying something different my bad...

Fella Kareem was not born in the US

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

LOL @ BM

Fella he was prove me wrong? His father and grandfather trini... not even sure about his mother.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 02:14:33 PM by Trinidogg »

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile

LOL @ BM

There is no Mystery. He has always said, in the flesh, he was born in Paris

Even before the CL Final 2006 on Sky Sports they showed 10 minute interviews showing with both him and Ronaldinho showing where they was born, grew up etc.
and he said it is great that he is playing in the City of his Birth, even though he feels like a 'Londoner' now,
especially as he won the WC with France in the same stadium and his grandmother was there to see it among other things.

Corbeaux

Let me clarify this . Henry's parents are from Martinique and Guadeloupe and he was born in France.   I hear Ferdinand from the Caribbean though.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile

LOL @ BM

Fella he was prove me wrong? His father and grandfather trini... not even sure about his mother.

how about you prove he was born in the US?  Prove you wrong, you acting like you armed with he birth paper :rotfl:

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Let me clarify this . Henry's parents are from Martinique and Guadeloupe and he was born in France.   I hear Ferdinand from the Caribbean though.

I don't know what Ferdinand you talking about, I assume Rio, but Anton and Rio Father was born in St. Lucia.

Les Ferdinand's Parents were also Born in St. Lucia.

Les is from West London. Anton and Rio are from Peckham, South London

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I don't know what Ferdinand you talking about, I assume Rio, but Anton and Rio Father was born in St. Lucia.

Les Ferdinand's Parents were also Born in St. Lucia.

Les is from West London. Anton and Rio are from Peckham, South London

Les & Rio are cousins no?

Heard that somewhere loosely...but never confirmed it. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

LOL @ BM

how about you prove he was born in the US?  Prove you wrong, you acting like you armed with he birth paper :rotfl:
not here 2 argue with yu but yo your whole comment was wrong dont knw wat madness yu be hearing on bout both henry an kareem jeez . Well atleast now yu knw if yu wanna act up go ahead don't care but the man was born Harlem NY... n 4 the record yu the one talkin bout we got 2 see birth paper and dont study online info even if man tellin yu dey said it themselves so i expect yu knw better than them?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 05:51:08 PM by Trinidogg »

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink - Suriname / Netherlands
Carlos Tevez - Uranus / Argentina
Pepe - Brazil/Portugal

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

LOL @ BM

Houghton, Paul McGrath, John Aldridge, Mick McCarthy, Chris Morris, and a few others were English-born Irishmen were the heart and soul of the greatest teams Ireland ever had.  After them came others like Kevin Kilbane and Gary Breen (and of course David Connolly).  I don't think McGeady really deserves to be in the same category as any of them though.  An interesting story about Kilbane was he was once made by Fat Sam Allardyce to go to an England Youth Camp and he showed up in his Ireland shirt  ;D.  Perhaps Zinedine Kilbane (who also is one of three people to play in 50 internationals without missing one) deserves a mention as well.

I think perhaps Jason Roberts should deserve a mention as well because he and his foundation have done alot for Grenada football as well (despite retiring and not coming back to play in this year's Gold Cup)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 11:15:06 PM by theworm2345 »

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink - Suriname / Netherlands
Carlos Tevez - Uranus / Argentina
Pepe - Brazil/Portugal

LOL

1]; } ?>