April 29, 2024, 01:44:30 AM

Poll

Who do you think is the best coach in the Hex.

Bruce Arena (USA)
19 (27.5%)
Ricardo La Volpe (MEX)
5 (7.2%)
Leo Beenhakker (TRI)
43 (62.3%)
Alexandre Guimaraes (CRC)
0 (0%)
Jose Rodrguez (PAN)
1 (1.4%)
Ramon Maradiaga (GUA)
1 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Author Topic: Thread for the TRI v PAN Game.  (Read 42734 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for the TRI v PAN Game.
« on: October 05, 2005, 04:04:06 AM »
Greetings.

As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the game vs Panama will be posted here, this way, we can maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

For the internet users, you can follow the game at;

1. SW Online Forum.

2. SW Online Live Chat.

3. Fifaworldcup.com.

4. Homeviewtnt/CT105fm.

TRI/PAN scorers in the Hex:

Trinidad & Tobago
3 - Stern John (PAN 1 - GUA 2), Dennis Lawrence (1 PAN), Angus Eve (1 USA), Carlos Edwards (1 GUA), Russell Latapy (1 GUA).

Panama
1 - Jorge Dely Valdes (1 GUA), Roberto Brown (1 CRC), Julio Dely Valdes (1 CRC), Luis Tejeda (1 MEX).

Leo Beenhakker Stats:
P    W    L    D    GF    GA.
12   4    6    2    13     15.

Break Down Stats:

Friendly Games: 4.
2 wins - Bermuda (H - 1-0, 4-0).
2 lose - North East Stars (H - 2-0), Alianza Lima (H - 1-0).

World Cup Qualifiers: 5.
2 wins - Panama (H - 2-0), Guatemala (H - 3-2).
3 lose - Mexico (A - 2-0), United States (A - 1-0), Costa Rica (A - 2-0).

Gold Cup Games: 3.
2 draws - Honduras (A - 1-1), Panama (A - 2-2).
1 lose - Colombia (A - 2-0).

Current Standings.
Standings.

T&T Team:

Goalkeepers:
Kelvin Jack, Shaka Hislop, Clayton Ince.

Defenders:
Atiba Charles, Marvin Andrews, Cyd Gray, Anton Pierre, Dennis Lawrence, Avery John.

Midfielders:
Russell Latapy, Anthony Wolfe, Densill Theobald, Christopher Birchall, Silvio Spann, Carlos Edwards, Aurtis Whitley.

Forwards:
Dwight Yorke, Jason Scotland, Stern John, Scott Sealy, Kenwyne Jones.

Panama Team:[/color]

Goalkeepers:
Jaime Penedo, José Calderón.

Defenders:
Ubaldo Guardia, Joel Solanilla, Román Torres, Miguel Olivares, Víctor Miranda, Luis Moreno.

Midfielders:
Gustavo Avila, Engin Mitre, James Brown, Angel Lombardo, Celso Polo, Gabriel Gómez, Julio Medina III.

Forwards:
Anthony Basile, Edwin Aguilar, Gabriel Torres, Julio Dely Valdés, Jorge Dely Valdés.

TV - Listing:
Trinidad & Tobago - Channel 4, 9:00pm EST.
North America - Coming Soon.

Venue/Time:
Estadio Rommel Fernández Stadium in Panamá, 9:00pm EST.

News Room/Build-Up:
Up-Dates from Panama.

Scenarios:
TRI/GUA Points comprehensive breakdown and possible scenarios.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 06:08:19 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the TRI v PAN Game.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 04:57:41 AM »
Local Fans Can watch LIVE action at 9pm on Channel 4   

What is the capacity of that stadium we playing in   it lookin like a bigger marvin lee stadium lol

sm
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 06:23:13 AM »
What is the capacity of that stadium we playing in   it lookin like a bigger marvin lee stadium lol
sm

History of Estadio Rommel Fernandez
When most Americans hear about Panama, they recall the canal that the US constructed in the Central American country in 1904. What they don't know is that some of the revenue Panama made from the canal funded the construction of Estadio Revolución (now called Estadio Rommel Fernandez), among other things such as airports, gymnasiums, and freeways. This stadium will host Panama's second home game against the United States on Wednesday.

The 25,000-seater in Panama City has hosted many international matches over the years since it was constructed in the mid 1900's, but the most notable might be the first time Panama decided to participate in World Cup qualifying. It was April 4, 1976 and Panama wanted to make the run to Argentina '78. In Estadio Revolución, they took on Costa Rica and won surprisingly 3-2. But <>The Canaleros, as the Panamanians are sometimes called, were knocked out of qualifying soon after.

The first Panamanian club championship began with six teams in 1988, and Estadio Revolución was host to the Classico home derby match between Plaza Amador and Tauro FC. It still hosts it today. One of the most notable league final matches to be played in the stadium was in 1996 when more than 25,000 fans watched San Francisco FC take on Plaza Amador.

Estadio Revolución was renamed in tragedy when one of the most famous Panamanian soccer players, Rommel Fernández Gutiérrez, was killed in a car accident. He was so beloved by his fans and such a crucial part of Panamanian soccer, that they renamed Estadio Revolución to Estadio Rommel Fernandez.

Even before Fernández' death, the stadium was associated with him as one of the most important sportsman to ever come out of Panama. He represented his national team numerous times. In fact, it was on a trip with the national team to Spain to at the age of 20 that got him his first international recognition. In the Mundialito de la Emigración, a tournament where Spanish club Tenerife played a select squad of players with Spanish ancestry, Fernández played well enough to be offered a contract by the hosts. After five years of hard work in the Panamanian soccer league with Atlético Panamá, Alianza, and Macabi FC, his vast skills were snatched up by Tenerife to play in the second division.

After three years in the Second Division, Fernández helped Tenerife win promotion in 1989. He made his La Liga debut against Sevilla on September 3, 1989. In the 1989-90 season, he scored 10 goals and was named the best South American in the Spanish League.

He played one more season with Tenerife and after scoring 48 goals in five years, Fernandez signed with Valencia in 1991. With Valencia, he was rarely given the opportunity to play and only scored two goals in the first season. After that he landed with Albacete for the 1992-93 season, returning to form. He ended up scoring his 50th Spanish first division goal with Albacete, and notably enough, it was against Tenerife, who had given him his first shot seven years earlier.

Rommel Fernández Gutiérrez' last match with the Panamanian National Team was on August 23, 1992 in Costa Rica. On May 6, 1993, he lost control of his car on the highway and hit a tree, sadly dying in the accident.

As the first Panamanian to ever play soccer in Europe, he became an idol to his fans. He was known for his wonderful nature and kindheartedness. For that, among many other things, the stadium that gave him so much success now honors his memory.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 06:27:32 AM »
Good luck to the warriors..one step at a time fellas.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 06:43:32 AM »
Photos By: AP Photo/Arnulfo Franco.

Trinidad and Tobago coach Leon Beenhakker speaks with his player during a practice session in Panama City, Panama, Tuesday, Oct. 4, 2005. Panama will face Trinidad and Tobago next Saturday for 2006 World Cup qualifying match.

Trinidad and Tobago coach Leon Beenhakker speaks with his players during a practice session in Panama City, Panama, Tuesday, Oct. 4, 2005. Panama will face Trinidad and Tobago next Saturday for a 2006 World Cup qualifying match.

Members of Trinidad and Tobago soccer team, practice during a training session in Panama City, Panama, Tuesday, Oct. 4, 2005. Panama will face Trinidad and Tobago next Saturday for 2006 World Cup qualifying match.

Panamas goalkeeper Jaime Penedo tries to stop a ball during a training session at Rommel Fernandez Stadium in Panama City, Panama. Tuesday, Oct. 4, 2005. Panama will face Trinidad and Tobago on Saturday, Oct. 8, in a World Cup qualifying match.

Panamanian soccer player, play with a ball as Jose Hernandez, second from right, direct them during a training session at Rommel Fernandez in Panama City, Panama. Tuesday, Oct. 4, 2005. Panama will face Trinidad and Tobago on Saturday, Oct. 8, in a World Cup qualifying match.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2005, 07:34:36 AM »
Panama goal keeper looking shaky already.  ;D
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2005, 09:02:36 AM »
panama goalie get string up lol :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :beermug:
 :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2005, 09:55:07 AM »
Yea but in pic 2. One coach telling the fellas go right, and ah next one telling dem go left... :D

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2005, 10:08:43 AM »
My Eleven for Panama:

Jack
           Andrews  Lawrence
Spann                                Avery
     Edwards   Birchall   Scotland
            Latapy        Yorke
                     John

Subs:

Jones for John 65th.
Sealy for Edwards 72nd.
Wolfe for Scotland 72nd.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline concerned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2005, 10:28:36 AM »
Tickets on sale Monday......this is hell, this is hell.....for the true soccer/football fans

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2005, 11:47:13 AM »
why is it hell?

Offline concerned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2005, 12:31:50 PM »
what is hell, ....when the bandwagonist get tickets that you were suppose to get

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2005, 12:36:10 PM »
Allyuh go camp out the night before and you will get.

Dat is what the real die hards is do for dem baseball game up here.

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2005, 01:40:20 PM »
Doh worry we go get tickets relax. Monday is cool. Trust me once you get the tickets by Monday night you safe. At the end of the day ALL Trinis regardless of Waggoners or real fans like us usually real lazy so most of the waggoners go catch they self by Tuesday lunchtime and then run to buy, some true waggoners may not know until Tuesday night sports news or Wednesday newspapers and then they go think how good a lime it go be and will end up they.

Plus if somehow we doh get, I go call Shaun, simple. Done.

Contact meh if all yuh really doh get tickets by Monday. For sure KFC Marabella which is close to me will have!!

Jason.
"The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power."

Cassius told Brutus in Julius Caesar by Shakespeare

Offline d00d

• ball kicker defender guy
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2005, 01:50:32 PM »
talkin about tickets...wham to tickets for d mexico match nex week friends? i hear all kina ting bout tickets sell out for security measures and stuff...wha really gwan here boi...?

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2005, 01:53:49 PM »
what is hell, ....when the bandwagonist get tickets that you were suppose to get

Some of allyuh men does get upset whenever the term WAGGONIST come up.
Why?
When last I check, we were all Trinis supporting our country...
Some may support to a higher degree than others, or more consistent.
But who are you to deny a waggonist a ticket for a game?
The truth is if it was not for waggonist, our stadium will never sell out.
Lets be glad if we reach a stage where tickets hard to get and the stadium actually selling out.

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2005, 02:50:45 PM »
   I agree Trini, once me and meh forumites get tickets and there then I definitely support and second waggonists to fill the stadium they support well and all the players care about is a crowd in red, not to mention all I care about is a hot red gyul, or a hot white, black, mixed, indian, chinee girl in red etc.!! Mmm ah getting hungry again.  :P

Jason.  :D

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2005, 04:15:56 PM »
WATCH THEM BIBS AH FEEL THEM IS NONSTARTERS

ONE STEP AT A TIME FELLARS I KNOW WEN WE NEED GOALS BEENIE HAV A TENDANCY TO PUT ALL STRIKERS ON AT THE SAME TIME I HOPE WE UP AN HE CUD GIVE SUM OTHERS A RUN IN THE MIDDLE LIKE THEOBALD AN WOLFE B
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2005, 05:03:06 PM »
USA took a MLS team and won the 2005 Gold Cup.....

Lets hope they put 2 on Costa Rica and leave Costa Rica no chance but to beat Guatemala in their last game.

Go T&T, show eh...

U.S. backups get chance to shine with Cup berth sealed.

CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) -- U.S. coach Bruce Arena hopes to get a glimpse at the future in his team's World Cup qualifiers against Costa Rica and Panama.
With no need to call on established stars such as Landon Donovan, Brian McBride or Kasey Keller, Arena will get to see first-year national team players Santino Quaranta and Ricardo Clark on Saturday against Costa Rica.
Arena can afford the luxury after the United States secured a World Cup berth with a 2-0 victory over Mexico on Sept. 3.
``I am happy that these next two games we're going to give them a chance to get on the field and show us what they can do,'' Arena said Wednesday. ``Our next game is vitally important for our opponent. If our guys can respond well on that game that speaks volumes for them.''
Meanwhile, Costa Rica can clinch the region's third World Cup berth with a victory over the United States.
``It's a great opportunity for us young guys to try to make a World Cup team,'' said Quaranta, a 20-year-old forward with Major League Soccer's D.C. United. ``Playing every day in MLS has helped me. I just want to keep going forward.''
Quaranta played in the United States' scoreless tie at Guatemala on Sept. 7. Against Costa Rica, he will have his first experience in what is considered one of the most hostile venues in CONCACAF.
``It's going to be fun,'' Quaranta said.
The 22-year-old Clark will make his first appearance with the national team.
``This is a great accomplishment to get called up,'' Clark said. ``When I get the opportunity I have to go in and contribute and do the best I can to help the team.''
With veteran teammates such as Eddie Pope and Eddie Lewis on the current roster, Clark values their experience, even without the need of verbal advice.
``I pick up so much just by seeing how they do things on the field, learning by example,'' Clark said.
Although there is no urgent need for victory on Saturday, the United States will seek to break a road winless streak in the series. The United States is 0-5-1 at Costa Rica, which needs two points in its remaining two matches to clinch a World Cup spot.
``They're in a position we were in, you want to get it done sooner than later,'' Arena said. ``This is a game where their sights are clearly to win, as it was for Guatemala the last time we were in Guatemala. It will be interesting to see.'
Mexico coach La Volpe defends Franco selection.

MEXICO CITY, Oct 4 (Reuters) - Mexico coach Ricardo La Volpe has defended his decision to include Argentine-born striker Guillermo Franco in the national squad for Saturday's World Cup qualifier at home to Guatemala.
"Most of the strikers who play in Mexico, I would say 80 percent, are foreigners and if one of them is a naturalised Mexican, I don't understand why I can't see what he can do," La Volpe told reporters on Tuesday.
"I've seen the others, now I want to see Guillermo," the former Argentina goalkeeper added.
"It doesn't mean he's going to the World Cup."
With two qualifying matches remaining in the final CONCACAF group, Mexico are already assured of a berth at next year's finals in Germany.
The selection of foreign-born players in the national team has become a thorny issue in the country, with a number of locally-born competitors complaining that they are being deprived a chance.
Mario Carillo, coach of Mexican champions America, joined in the debate this week when he suggested that no more naturalised players should be picked.
La Volpe has regularly selected Brazilian-born Antonio Naelson, however, he was not included this time.
Franco was leading scorer for Monterrey in the 2004/5 Apertura championship with 15 goals and he is well aware of the sensitivity surrounding his selection.
"I'm very conscious of what it means to have another naturalised player in the national team," he said. "But I'm just here to do the job and I mustn't be affected by the pressure."

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2005, 07:00:34 PM »
I'm very conscious of what it means to have another naturalised player in the national team," he said. "But I'm just here to do the job and I mustn't be affected by the pressure."

i like this..the team under some pressure to perform...i dont think Guatemala gonna get ease up by no stretch of the imagination

I hope franco score some goals!!

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2005, 10:09:17 PM »
franco better buss de net
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2005, 04:10:50 AM »
USA, Mexico and Panama not using they full teams..... so no excuses here...

The only difference, Mexico will try to win because they coach under pressure and they love to protect that home record. USA dont like to lose either and some of the players they call will try and play hard because they will want to claim a spot on the WC team for next year, if you notice they called some experience defenders it seems they going for a tie.. Panama playing for pride and they will try to play spoils.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2005, 07:05:39 AM »
Every Body will Play hard
But for us we have the best chance as Panama is the weakest of the bunch so with fight and desire we should beat them. But we must finsish we chances.

Guatemala getting licks in Mexico. Mexico public will ensure that.

America game will be close but given the fact that the big names are not there it may end in a draw or a CR win.

America will play at their consistant level but how CR play is the key. They can go from Very Good to Very Bad

What even happen I think it will be very interesting over the next week.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2005, 07:15:44 AM »
KND wha yuh think bout this line up....

My Eleven for Panama:

Jack
           Andrews  Lawrence
Spann                                Avery
     Edwards   Birchall   Scotland
            Latapy        Yorke
                     John

Subs:

Jones for John 65th.
Sealy for Edwards 72nd.
Wolfe for Scotland 72nd.

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2005, 09:24:50 AM »
    Franco Franco against Guatemala but when they come to T'dad next week lewwe hope is lamo and lamer since I eh want no Franco or others to buss we net here, then we doomed. Hopefully the US will at least pull of a draw, and of course Mexico buss Guat.

J.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2005, 01:47:41 PM »
Somebody tell me again why the US game is of relevance to us?

Does anyone honestly believe that CR can be caught for 3rd place??????????(Guat beating Mex in Mex)???

Offline Hyperhot J

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2005, 02:00:49 PM »
      Ok listen again please, IF the US beats or DRAWS CR, CR will be very UNHAPPY and will take that UNHAPPINESS to Guatemala!! Once Guatemala does not win against Mexico (yes yes Mexico should win) then they will be gunning for CR. However CR will already be upset not beating the US in Costa Rica, so they will go to Guatemala to war with them for spite!! In that ensuing war, Guatemala will find it difficult to win and if they do not win, even if they draw with CR, that will HELP US. Because if we beat Panama, then once Guatemala do NOT beat CR, we can still make it by tying/drawing with Mexico!! So if after all the fight and blood and tears we put up against Mexico, if we DO NOT BEAT them and at least draw with them, then we WILL STILL come 4th. THANKS TO THE US DRAWING OR BEATING CR thus making CR angry and STOPPING Guatemala from beating them!!

Kapeesh!?!? Get it now!!

Jason.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2005, 07:57:19 PM »
Jason u feel is a game here? U feel is lill children playin?

Boss, this is WCQ's!

Every man who suit up in his country national gear for these games going out there for war.

These men are all professional, they dont need these little things to motivate them..

Offline d00d

• ball kicker defender guy
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2005, 03:54:07 AM »
i still wha find out wher i gettin tickets for d mexico match... ???

Offline concerned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2005, 05:06:59 AM »
taken from Panama newspapers : La Estrella de Panama....translated

"The national selection of soccer that will dispute the two last parties of the qualifying rounds of CONCACAF set against Trinity and Tobago and United States respectively remained defined yesterday, after the morning training carried out in the This-Gave Rommel Fernández.  The most significant drop will be that of the forward veteran July Caesar Dely Valdés, who was separated of the staff, after being suffered of a wound, but it is expected that be set against the United States for the next week.  In the list was included the youthful one Gabriel Towers, a forward one of 17 years that military in the club San Francisco of The Load and that if came to debut, would be the youngest player in the national selection.  Hernández opted for giving him opportunity to new players, looking to giving him experience and to see the material that has for the future.  The national assembly remained officially concentrated yesterday with the 18 players, with sights al parted of tomorrow Saturday set against the Trinitarian, in a party that for Panama is of mere procedure, but for the Trinitarian is of fundamental importance to aspire to achieve the repesca.  During the training of yesterday, the technical one Eugenio “Cheché” Hernández, practiced them played by high, so much for it. Forward as for the defenders, anticipating the air plan that implements the Caribbean team.  The national team will close its training today, with an evening session. "

"They think we coming with de AIR ATTACK"

1]; } ?>