Poll

Will U vote Manning Again

Yes
6 (31.6%)
No
13 (68.4%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: July 21, 2009, 10:42:50 AM

Author Topic: Will U vote PNm Again  (Read 12310 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Will U vote PNm Again
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2009, 04:58:00 PM »
I in foreign, so I can't vote. The problem is not the party but the head of the party. Everyone wish for Patrick and Bas to step down. They will never. There has to be a constitutional amendment to limit the amount of time a PM stay in power. 2 five yr term is enough.

The reality is Afro-Trinis will vote PNM because their bread and butter lies with the PNM govt. Patrick and PNM knows that. Indo Trini will continue to vote UNC or other. After almost 50 yrs of socalled independence Afro trinis do not have any substantial business companies of their own. The Indotrini is very much secured in this area. What do you expect the Afro trini to do.  He fears if the Indians win the govt he has nothing to fall back on. That is no imaginary fear. That fear is REAL. Black man ain't have no businesses, no money, no land to plant food. He is desperate. Tell me I that ain't so!!!!!!!

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2009, 06:14:14 PM »
lesser of d 2 evils is pnm..cop will crash dis country added to that personally i kinda passionate bout dis race ting and dookeran is ah ***ist (this from ppl who work wit d man)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2009, 06:27:13 PM »
Interestingly.....people doh look at obvious things dat mean a lot. For example.....the COP logo...the circle of circles......the explanation for that was that its a fully risen sun...the kinda speckled effect you get when you look into light. Den yuh have de devenanth maharaj factor.....ganga singh who was very prominent in the unc when several questionable things went on.....and de likelyhood that when necessary.....unc and cop would unite. Buh nah....dahs change. Like getting a dollar bill for four shillings.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2009, 07:03:39 AM »
re: black vs. indian - is 2009 and is still de same colonialism politics playing out. dat thing built to last.

vote PNM
vote UNC
vote COP

vote with yuh feet

truetrini

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2009, 07:15:37 AM »
I in foreign, so I can't vote. The problem is not the party but the head of the party. Everyone wish for Patrick and Bas to step down. They will never. There has to be a constitutional amendment to limit the amount of time a PM stay in power. 2 five yr term is enough.

The reality is Afro-Trinis will vote PNM because their bread and butter lies with the PNM govt. Patrick and PNM knows that. Indo Trini will continue to vote UNC or other. After almost 50 yrs of socalled independence Afro trinis do not have any substantial business companies of their own. The Indotrini is very much secured in this area. What do you expect the Afro trini to do.  He fears if the Indians win the govt he has nothing to fall back on. That is no imaginary fear. That fear is REAL. Black man ain't have no businesses, no money, no land to plant food. He is desperate. Tell me I that ain't so!!!!!!!

fella what nonsense you talking?

how black man bread butter with de PNM?  What imaginary fear?  De fear is real!  But not for the reasons you espouse and postulate.

Is a class ting, under de UNC more blacks in high society (cash people) benefitted..duprey's John's etc.  ask de sugar workers what dem get from Panday government nah.  Steups if anyone does vote based on tribe is indians!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2009, 07:48:48 AM »

fella what nonsense you talking?

how black man bread butter with de PNM?  What imaginary fear?  De fear is real!  But not for the reasons you espouse and postulate.

Is a class ting, under de UNC more blacks in high society (cash people) benefitted..duprey's John's etc.  ask de sugar workers what dem get from Panday government nah.  Steups if anyone does vote based on tribe is indians!

i fully agree, another thing to add to the conversation would be that many upper class indians in trinidad vote for pnm, which is a fact that i know and have always supported the pnm, its not a mystery, in fact when unc came to power many of the rich indians who were traditionally pnm supporters lost their contracts under the unc regime. More lower class to middle class indians suffered under the unc. some people tend to forget, in the ghetto of port of spain it has always been pnm and the area has gotten worse, which once again is attributed to the economics of it, for those who know.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2009, 08:02:18 AM »
Interestingly.....people doh look at obvious things dat mean a lot. For example.....the COP logo...the circle of circles......the explanation for that was that its a fully risen sun...the kinda speckled effect you get when you look into light. Den yuh have de devenanth maharaj factor.....ganga singh who was very prominent in the unc when several questionable things went on.....and de likelyhood that when necessary.....unc and cop would unite. Buh nah....dahs change. Like getting a dollar bill for four shillings.

Cosign. I lost all respect 4 Dooks when he return 2 d UNC. So he and COPout will neva get my vote.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2009, 09:06:20 AM »
I don't know who the Johns are. But Duprey had money before Panday and them came to power.  He probably got more when UNC was in power. But I stand by my word. When it come to economics and politics in TT both races see the world as night vs day. Nothing has change. Change the constitution. 2 terms, then out.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2009, 01:13:19 PM »
Never voted yet.. but Jack Warner getting my vote next time. I done get birthpaper renewed, onto other documents.

He's the only person to rescue TnT. make reservations on the road to recovery via the simpauls express!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2009, 11:48:46 AM »
The more things change politically, the more they remain the same. I recalled the days of  political unrest from the late 50's to the early 60's, the advent of the  national  parties: PNM and the DLP. Even back then , some people aligned themselves to  one or the other based on ethnicity and  cultural affiliations.

As a young person then, I was most influenced and impacted  by the intellectual, the apparent inclusive and  ethnic composition of the PNM. The leader at that time, Dr. Eric Williams had the country at  heart, with his message of nationalism. As I recalled the party had  ministers who represented the cosmopolitan nature of the island. Minister of external Affairs, Kalicharian (sp), ministers like Mahabhiar, Montano, Robinsion.....

On the other hand the DLP, in my humble opinion, appeared to have a more myopic platform. However their leader was another outstanding educator who had the pulse of many to effect change.

If we move from making electoral decisions based on ethnic divide, and look at parties which present some hope, certainty and forward thinking  solutions to the economic, social, health, and educational sectors for the entire nation, I think only then will we begin to see the emergence of a healthy democracy for the people.

No longer could we begin to measure our own sense of accomplishments or access to economic advantage based on the ethnic background of those who possess power. How could one put credence in a leader whose aim is to divide and conquer and publicly make public proclamations along racial divide? How could one put credence in a party who despite the attempts of the ruling party to implement improvements veto bills for the sake of opposing? Would it not restore greater public confidence in a party if the public was to see the opposition party suggesting  viable policies to improve the nation? Would it not be  more worthwhile if  both national parties had concrete and tangible solutions to the ills plaguing our nation? Instead I see parties clamoring for power and then improvising solutions when that power is attained.

As it stands, in my humble opinion, there is not one party that is in fact  sustaining confidence in leading the nation to a path out of what ails the nation, however if and a big if, the opposition party could put it's energy into  working alongside  initiatives for change , and show a willingness to present platforms that suggest  that they could make improvements then and only then will  my vote count . Until then I will keep the sentiments with those that work for the common good of all.

Allyuh read and see that the infighting among the opposition also was a concern back in the 60's.:

http://countrystudies.us/caribbean-islands/40.htm

« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 10:09:07 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2009, 11:49:19 PM »
pnm is the best of the worst. Out of 10, pnm is a 4 and the rest is 1's.   If there is a new and dynamic party created with young blood i would choose that.  But right now there arnt any

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2009, 01:57:36 AM »
This is one of de toughest decision any Trinbagonian (who is following what going on in dey country) has to make regardless if you living home or abroad...The problem that is most evident in this dilema, is the fact that we are still voting between the same two men for the last fifteen years..how does the passing of leadership batons take place in dem two parties !...I agree with one of de posters, the problem is not so much the parties (PNM and UNC) but its the leadership..we need new leaders who can relate with today generation of Trinbagonians and leaders who put dem country first before personal and party agendas..

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2009, 07:51:44 AM »
Sando Prince,
                        Like I said before, there has to be a constitutional amendment to resolve( or address) the issue of leadership. Term limits is the solution. A prime minister will not(never, never,never) give up his position for the good of the party or country. When a pm says he no longer running is because he sick(about to dead) very tired(if he stay any longer he feel he go dead) or get overthrown(Gairy and Bishop). The head of the party is a maximum leader, He control everything. He picks people in his cabinet who will only say yes to all his proposal. Rowley was the exception and look what happens to him.

They say we in WI have a Westminster style gov. True to a point. In Britain, both parties have lots of dissenters. They can oppose the pm proposals without retribution(well the pm could get vex for all he wants). The Brits have their Parliament for over 500 yrs. Our parliament is almost 50 yrs. We ain't that mature as yet.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2009, 03:06:01 PM »
I voted for the PNM in the election after the 17-17-2 (not the 18-18, the next one) my rationale was them was the best of the worst of the lot.  But ah got vex with mih self as the years have gone by.....as for the others....somebody could hold ah gun to mih head, threaten to throw mih off the tallest building in POS, I WILL NEVER VOTE UNC....

I considered the COP the last time around, but the Sat Maraj and Devant Maharaj faction and that they just too close to the UNC make mih eh bother....

I used to think I will vote for the lesser of the worst but that eh getting we nowhere so until a real 3rd option comes along, and that eh looking likely in my lifetime, I eh know when next I going back in the voting booth.......
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2009, 05:28:40 AM »
Alot of people choose to ignore it but remember when you had to pass/fail common entrance?
And if you fail as an 11 year old the future wouldn't look so bright.
I give the UNC credit for making sure everyone has a place in a secondary school, and they started the road to free University education.

truetrini

« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2009, 05:45:09 AM »
Alot of people choose to ignore it but remember when you had to pass/fail common entrance?
I give the UNC credit for making sure everyone has a place in a secondary school, and they started the road to free University education.

you on crack!

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2009, 07:17:16 AM »

you on crack!

So it was Manning who build the schools and give every student a place in a secondary school?
Or was it Manning who start dollar4dollar? I see that as a step towards free education.

I would never vote for a man who put his wife as minister of education, without even running for office.

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2009, 07:22:49 AM »

Who is at fault for this? After almost 50 years of independence how can Indotrinidadians be successful and Afrotrinidadians not?
It's not enough to sit back and "fear the indians" and hope the Government butter your bread.

truetrini

« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2009, 08:11:48 AM »

you on crack!

So it was Manning who build the schools and give every student a place in a secondary school?
Or was it Manning who start dollar4dollar? I see that as a step towards free education.

I would never vote for a man who put his wife as minister of education, without even running for office.

YUH ON SERIOUS CRACK!

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2009, 08:16:29 AM »
It's not enough to sit back and "fear the indians" and hope the Government butter your bread.

Your reason for affiliation look very suspect :o
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 08:19:32 AM by pass(10trini) »
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2009, 08:37:31 AM »

Your reason for affiliation look very suspect :o

Are you looking at everyone's "reason for affiliation" or just those that are different ?

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2009, 08:53:46 AM »

Well at least he ain't have to fear kidnapping, robbery, and the realted murders

truetrini

« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2009, 09:15:12 AM »

Well at least he ain't have to fear kidnapping, robbery, and the realted murders

Boy you talking plenty shit!  UNADULTERATED SHIT!

half de indians dat get kidnap do it deyself to rip off deh mammy, pappy, ganny and gan pa!

FACT 2.  MAny kidnappings not kidnappings but drug reprisals staged to look like kidnappings

FACT3.  More blacks getting killed dan indians.

FACT4.  UNC IS SHIT and all de bullshit about ethnic cleansing is fallacious and downright badmind and divisive.

FACT5.  Ther are MANY INDIAN killers and kidnappers out there..have you ever seen the faces of those charged with kidnapping?  Black and indian together.

FACT6.  yuhy colors showing...back up and re-dress

UNC is shit

truetrini

« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2009, 09:17:22 AM »
not PNM til ah dead..but never UNC while I living

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2009, 12:33:43 PM »

LOUD STEUPS. Dem chirren who cyah score 30 in d exam in a Secondary school. LOUDDD LOUDDD STEUPS. It also coincide wit d increase of violence in Secondary schools because dem chirren eh fit 4 secondary school.

Not 2 mention d build d school and fill it up wit form 1's so by d next yr blocks had to b added. It was D PM wife who say enuff of d nonesense if yuh eh score 30 go back and do over d exam and if yuh 1 Servol Life Centre 4 u.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2009, 06:30:53 PM »
Get them on the road to alcohol dependence..Who could forget the school over the rumshop...VINTAGE unc..

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2009, 06:51:39 PM »
MarylandTrini,
                    I putting the situation the way I see it. I ain't have any grouse with East Indians and their businesses. They build it. That is theirs. When I was living St. Joseph, Miss Vayo, Miss Petit, Poye were all Indians and the entire village supported them. They use to trust who they felt comfortable with. We had no issues with that. There was no percieved racial issues at the time. But times have changed in TT and the black people in general still seem to be in the position that they were in before indepenence time. No economic security. That is their fault. That is just a fact that I am stating.

But when it comes to the kidnapping, robberries and murders, yes Indians are victimisied. But it is a FACT that black people are paying the heaviest price. Everybody is involved in the crime business. Who brings in the drugs? who brings in the guns? Who laundering the money? Who kidnapping? How them kidnappers getting all the info to do their kidnapping. You think is black people alone doing all ah that. Which black man have boats or planes or business to launder the money. Yes, black man have the guns and are paid by these socalled well respected(whover they are)to carry out their dreaded deeds.

I am not here to cast racial aspersions on MY TT people(African, Indian, Chinese,French creole, Portuguese, Douglas,Guyanese and small islanders etc). I just stating the facts as it is.  politics in TT is a racial issue which will not be resolve any time soon. That is the way i see it.

Offline MarylandTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2009, 05:04:20 AM »
MarylandTrini,
                    I putting the situation the way I see it. I ain't have any grouse with East Indians and their businesses. They build it. That is theirs. When I was living St. Joseph, Miss Vayo, Miss Petit, Poye were all Indians and the entire village supported them. They use to trust who they felt comfortable with. We had no issues with that. There was no percieved racial issues at the time. But times have changed in TT and the black people in general still seem to be in the position that they were in before indepenence time. No economic security. That is their fault. That is just a fact that I am stating.

But when it comes to the kidnapping, robberries and murders, yes Indians are victimisied. But it is a FACT that black people are paying the heaviest price. Everybody is involved in the crime business. Who brings in the drugs? who brings in the guns? Who laundering the money? Who kidnapping? How them kidnappers getting all the info to do their kidnapping. You think is black people alone doing all ah that. Which black man have boats or planes or business to launder the money. Yes, black man have the guns and are paid by these socalled well respected(whover they are)to carry out their dreaded deeds.

I am not here to cast racial aspersions on MY TT people(African, Indian, Chinese,French creole, Portuguese, Douglas,Guyanese and small islanders etc). I just stating the facts as it is.  politics in TT is a racial issue which will not be resolve any time soon. That is the way i see it.

I agree for the most part. And thanks for the pleasant response (hard to find here). Your post just come across a little strong.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 05:35:24 AM by MarylandTrini »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2009, 12:22:43 PM »
Maryland Trini,
                    No sweat,  JAI Trinbago!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Saywha

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2009, 05:59:57 PM »
yes, when Manning dead, Hazel dead, Martin dead, Imbert dead, Narace dead and people who could do de job take over. ;D  only then would I reconsider.  :rotfl:

1]; } ?>