April 20, 2024, 04:31:07 AM

Author Topic: Joe Public to unleash Japanese maestro.  (Read 5150 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Joe Public to unleash Japanese maestro.
« on: July 16, 2009, 04:47:06 PM »
Joe Public to unleash Japanese maestro.
By: Inshan "Flex" Mohammed.

Joe Public became the first club in the T&T professional league to have signed a player from the Asian continent, more-so Japan. On Monday Joe Public signed Mr. Yu Hoshide on a 6-month contract (12-Jul-09 - 31-Dec-09) as they look to strengthen their side in search of some silverware this season.

The Eastern Lions were fruitless last season but are determined to push for every trophy available to them for the remainder of this season.

The former Meiji University player will suit up for the Eastern Lions and will more than likely sport the number 18 jersery, which he likes off course. He could be introduced as early as Public's next game at home against table-propers Tobago United on Saturday July 18th.

The diminutive midfielder played in his native Japan for Kataller Toyama of the JFL from 2000 - 2007 and scored 40 goals from the midfield. In 2008 he headed to the United States and had stints with USL clubs Harrisburg City Islanders and Northern Virginia Royals.

While there he became close friends with our very own Fabien Lewis. The former Naparima College defender who now plies his trade with Real Maryland Monarchs was the one who introduced Mr. Yu to me, who in-turned assisted him in obtaining a trial with the Eastern Lions. Mr. Yu was quite impressive on his first trial with the Pro League title chasers and as a result was offered a short-term contract. It should also be mentioned that Joe Public were very co-operative during the process, particularly Mr. Jack and Daryll Warner.

Hoshide (星出悠), 31, who was born on August 16th, 1977 in the city of Tokyo took some time off to talk with Soca Warriors Online about his ambition and expectation of his new found life.

"I love the way of Joe Public plays soccer. It is simple, but very effective. The style is very close to what I have played in Japan. The team is very well formed and skillfull".

"During my trial with Joe Public I was very impress with JP number 6 (I do not know their names as yet). He does not stand out from the other players, but I have noticed often that he pays very close attention to his position in relation to other players.

I also, noticed that the number 4 player has a very good move on the field. The other players who were impressive were their number 7, 8 and 10. I have paid close attention to their movement on the field and they are very good. They also treated me very nice and welcomed me with open arms."

"I will do my best for the team and hopefully be an asset to help them excel in the league".

Yu Hoshide also touched on his first experience in the Caribbean.

"I choose T&T to play my game because I like pass and skill soccer. I also love the weather, but most of all, the people in Trinidad are very nice. Everybody was so nice to me. I would like to say thank you to Joe Public for providing a very nice place to stay and it was very comfortable".

"I have never been treated this nice during any of my trial period. I would also like to thank the staff for assisting me during the practice sessions so I was able to concentrate on playing soccer".

"As for the food in T&T. I love the food especially the chicken. Trinidad has very tasty and spicy chicken. I would also love to visit the beaches too, but for now, I’d like to concentrate on playing soccer and helping my new team", ended Yu.

PERSONAL HONORS:

2003: State Select (Toyama) - All Japan Runner Up
2003: Japan Football League All Star - Myanmar/Indonesia Tour
2000: State Select (Toyama) - All Japan Champion; League Assit King
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 04:55:43 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Joe Public to unleash Japanese maestro.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 04:57:40 PM »
Well done Flex.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 05:00:46 PM »
Like TT becoming like England, we can't produce ball players of quality. We have to start importing?????

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 05:26:41 PM »
Like TT becoming like England, we can't produce ball players of quality. We have to start importing?????
       Deeks ah find you a bit harsh there,we importing players a long time and Coaches too,this is universal everybody doing it,check the amount of Brazillians,Grenadians,Guyanese,Jamaicans etc etc playing and coaching in T&T.Why we don't have our best players at home is it because other countries import them????

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 06:02:14 PM »
Foreigners are very good for the league because they bring a different style and level of play our locals will only benefit from. They will have to step up and claim their place on the team and they could also learn a different style, not to mention the foreign players have a passion to play football.

This move will benefit Joe Public alot now I am sure they will get more support because everyone will want to see this Japanese player play, the Chinese Association might come to games now because he might relay to them.

I wonder if this is the most high profile player to play in our league ?

Good work Flex.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 06:42:15 PM »
How else we gonna beat MLS teams? Everyone does it to improve their teams and their countries are bigger than ours.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 07:18:34 PM »
I feel I going and see this Jap in action.

Yuh sure he is 31...he could be clocking close to 40...dem Asians does look young yuh know.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 08:46:25 PM »
Niceness.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2009, 11:01:37 PM »

Yuh sure he is 31...he could be clocking close to 40...dem Asians does look young yuh know.

Give we a little report on d fella and if he cut it...then see if he have any pumpkin vine family...Right now beggars can be choosers...at 31....he iz ah youngin when yuh look at we dinosaur team...almost rocking on extinction...
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline okaki

• Jr. Warrior
  • Go! Silvio!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2009, 03:38:32 AM »

Jap?

No, you have to say "Japanese".

Are you OK?

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 04:34:02 AM »

Jap?

Are you OK?

Lol touchs yuh get ah Jap lash
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2009, 07:28:48 AM »
who said we dont have talented players home? we do, its just the coaches cant see talent when its right in front of them, most coaches and managers. tt have talent for days...

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2009, 07:35:14 AM »
who said we dont have talented players home? we do, its just the coaches cant see talent when its right in front of them, most coaches and managers. tt have talent for days...

Yes, you right, but we have 2 problems

1. The players have talent, but they brain dead.

2. Clubs in T&T dont have the structure to improve players at a high level.

When you have players coming to the league who are better than what we have it can only benefit the young wiling players.

Go see the way Willian Da Silva Olliviere from W Connection celebrates his goals, the passion is best. Then go see how Jorsling (for example) does celebrate his goals after scoring and tell me the difference.

T&T players dont have the love for the game. They just making a day work in their minds.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2009, 07:45:27 AM »
Sorry Okaki if I offended you.

Did not know it was derogatory.

For my education...what is the abbreviation for your nationality?

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2009, 07:55:31 AM »
This move will benefit Joe Public alot now I am sure they will get more support because everyone will want to see this Japanese player play, the Chinese Association might come to games now because he might relay to them.

You trying on purpose to steal the DavyJenny from Tallman or what?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2009, 05:19:04 PM »
Is there any league in the world who does not have foreign players in it (except Jamaica) as I think they have just one foreign player in their league (Anthony Modeste from Grenada).

The best league in the world have foreign players in it. The EPL is the number one league in the world and they have the most foreign players in it.

Inter won the Seria A and they have the most foreign players in their team.

If we continue to think this way then how will anyone of our foreign base players ever get a chance to grace the best league in the world or to make a decent living.

Come on guys. If a player can bring something new and better to what they have I dont see a problem with it.

After six months we will know how well this Japanese player is.

Its up to the younger players now to learn what they can and step up.

What, Flex a agent now....  8)

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2009, 07:42:46 PM »
Anyone managed to catch the T&T sport news last night ? I saw this Japanese player on TV !!!....

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2009, 07:46:54 PM »
Yeah I see it...a man say they like him because he does play 2 touch

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2009, 08:31:12 PM »

..............in the land of dribblers

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2009, 04:55:45 AM »
Jap?

Are you OK?

Okaki fella...why you asking if the guy is OK?  Isn't that offensive?  I feel like you are saying to the guy he is mad..... :o

Are you OK Okaki ?
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2009, 08:51:34 AM »

You trying on purpose to steal the DavyJenny from Tallman or what?

Nah, he shouldn't be considered for any award. Period.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2009, 08:53:06 AM »
Sorry Okaki if I offended you.

Did not know it was derogatory.

For my education...what is the abbreviation for your nationality?

Abbreviation?

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2009, 10:44:41 AM »

So what you trying to say Touches ?

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2009, 12:45:34 PM »
me ent saying nuttin I relaying what a joe public player say bout him  :devil:

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2009, 12:51:01 PM »
Mr. Yu Hoshide

de man is Mr yes....

play yuh fittball Mr
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2009, 07:12:45 AM »
Anybody know if this guy play yesterday for JP ?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2009, 04:28:32 AM »
Japanese cleared to play for Joe Public

Japanese midfielder Yu Hoshide has received clearance and is available to coach Derek King as Joe Public FC (21 points/10 matches) go for top spot in the Digicel Pro League tonight when they tackle ninth-placed St Ann's Rangers from seven o'clock at the Marvin Lee Stadium (MLS), Macoya.

With leaders San Juan Jabloteh (23 points/11 matches) on a bye, the Eastern Lions will play the game they have in hand on the league leaders and will go top once they see off a Rangers squad which has been struggling of late.

The match is the second of a MLS double-header that will see Defence Force playing what is expected to be a very competitive 5 p.m. opening match against United Petrotrin.

There will be two other matches today in the Digicel Pro League.

Newcomers FC South End take on Tobago United from 4 p.m. at Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva, while at the same time Ma Pau entertain Police at Larry Gomes Stadium, Malabar.

And tomorrow, the big clash between third-placed Caledonia AIA (19 points/10 matches) and 2009 Caribbean Club champions W Connection (18 points/10 matches) takes place from 5 p.m. at Ato Boldon Stadium.

One of the attractions for fans tonight at the "Marvin Lee" is the possible appearance of Hoshide, who was not even on the bench for Joe Public on Saturday but is now in contention for a spot after his international transfer was received by the T&T Pro League yesterday.

The 31-year-old Hoshide became the first Japanese to sign with a Pro League club after agreeing to a six-month deal with Joe Public last week.

Hoshide, a former Kataller Toyama player in the Japan Football League (2000-2007), had stints with USL clubs Harrisburg City Islanders and Northern Virginia Royals last season.

Joe Public coach King believes that Hoshide will boost his squad in terms of depth as they attempt to capture the 2009 League Championship, FA Trophy, Toyota Classic and a place in the 2009/2010 CFU Club Championship.

"He (Hoshide) brings some quality to our side," said King. "He is good tactically and technically and to win championships you need depth. We have also brought in T&T Under-20 player Daniel Cyrus to add to the talented Hayden Tinto, Akeil Guevara and Micah Lewis. These are some key players making things happen for us.

"We also have Kerry Baptiste who is leading the goalscorers and a defence that is becoming more and more solid. Players like Keyeno Thomas and Carlyle Mitchell at the back are doing great and to prove this we have only conceded one goal in our last five matches," the coach boasted.

Joe Public won 3-1 against Tobago United on the weekend and will be more confident than ever, having trashed Rangers 3-0 just two weeks ago.

King, in his first official season as head coach of the Lions, will be especially thrilled to take his team top of the league.

He stated that it's great to be in such a position, but with it comes greater challenges.

"It's a good feeling for me personally. But when you're on top it's something harder to maintain. The clubs all come at you...even the smaller ones. So far we are enjoying it but we are aware of the challenges ahead," King said.

DIGICEL PRO LEAGUE

SCHEDULE:

TODAY

5 p.m.--Defence Force vs United Petrotrin, Marvin Lee Stadium

7 p.m.--St. Ann's Rangers vs Joe Public, Marvin Lee Stadium

4 p.m.--FC South End vs Tobago United, Ato Boldon Stadium

4 p.m.--Ma Pau SC vs Police FC, Larry Gomes Stadium

TOMORROW

5 p.m.--W Connection vs Caledonia AIA, Ato Boldon Stadium

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2009, 08:54:29 AM »
Ah hear Trent Noel jealous de Japenese bad bad.

He better watch heself because them men in T&T go set him up.

Man who from Morvant (like Tinto and them) is real bandits.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2009, 09:35:46 AM »
Trinidad culture does seep into foreigner pores

after he get 2 babash and 1 wine in Zen from ah bad ting ...all dat setta discipline and Kaizen from home done
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

1]; } ?>