April 26, 2024, 08:52:06 PM

Author Topic: Congrats are in order  (Read 3203 times)

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Congrats are in order
« on: October 08, 2005, 09:31:44 PM »
so with T&T now on 10 points...Guatemala still on 8....Trinidad now has its destiny in its own hands...Win on Wednesday, and move on to the play offs. A tie, or even a loss vs Mexico could still get T&T trhough, but who knows what Costa Rica will do vs Guatemala.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Congrats are in order
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 09:37:25 PM »
Tanx bretheren. One step closer buta a long way still to go.

I hope Guateh crumble under de pressure...but you are right.We have to take care of our business and see where de other chips fall after. It go be hard, but hope springs eternal  :D

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2005, 09:40:45 PM »
Much tougher game than I taught..I guess we were all wrong thinking Panama was a walk over..I did see some replay on Telemundo look like sey TNT throw away many chances..De game from de several missed chances I saw could have easily been 4-0 ..Also FIFA web site said T&T didnt use any subs..Dats kind of strange yet still wid Panama dung 1-0 dey were making subs innah de 87 minute .. Somethin dont sound correct there.... Congratulation T&T .. Mexico look like dey were playing de final of de wrl cup.. I neva see a team played a game dat aggresive when not needing any points from it....
warmonga..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2005, 09:48:54 PM »
Like a say in the chatroom that Mexico is my new best friend until Wednesday  ;D ;D

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2005, 09:50:07 PM »

Mexico woke up in the second half.....they were asleep in the first...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2005, 09:53:37 PM »
Guatemala real demoralised now.  Dat good for us.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2005, 10:04:11 PM »
Guatemala better send out they U 19 team.  Better yet, they better jus throw in the towel.  They look a beaten and demoralized bunch.  Ah hope that drags on into Wednesday.

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2005, 10:08:59 PM »
Trinidad has everythingto play for on Wednesday...this is when Beenie earns his check...KEEPING THESE MEN FOCUSED ON THE TASK AT HAND...

Remember the madness surrounding the Strike Squad in '89 the day of the game? ...we en want any ah dat...dem fellas need to stay focused and close the deal...

I saw highlghts of that Bahrain / Uzbek game and both teams look decent..

Proving time fellas.prove dat you are the 4th best team in the region..!
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline Nemesis

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2005, 10:10:14 PM »
Listen Trinis under no F*&^%$ circumstance when you reach the playoffs can you not qualify. Concacaf keeping this 4th place spot is dependent on you......so you go ahead win.... Jamaica needs this 4th place spot to be around come 2010 ;)

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2005, 11:07:03 PM »
Guatemala real demoralised now.  Dat good for us.

Guatemala better send out they U 19 team.  Better yet, they better jus throw in the towel.  They look a beaten and demoralized bunch.  Ah hope that drags on into Wednesday.

Guatemala might fight harder now and might be able to pull out a win against CR.
I saw that Wanchope received a yellow card and I think that that is his second.
Ruiz also picked up a card.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2005, 11:20:52 PM »
Didn't Ruiz sit out the last game vs USA?  I don't think that yellow will matter.

I saw Costa Rica play tonight.  I must say they look like de Costa Rica of old.  Hernandez 2nd goal is goal of de hex so far.  A sweet volley off the underside of de crossbar. 

Guatemala folded late in the game, but they scored two goals in Mexico, something we haven't been able to do.
I hope that they don't realise this positive point, and that they go into their last game feelin like losers.

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2005, 12:57:23 AM »
Congrats to the Warriors!! Sorry I cant be there Wednesday.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2005, 07:00:11 AM »
Much tougher game than I taught..I guess we were all wrong thinking Panama was a walk over..I did see some replay on Telemundo look like sey TNT throw away many chances..De game from de several missed chances I saw could have easily been 4-0 ..Also FIFA web site said T&T didnt use any subs..Dats kind of strange yet still wid Panama dung 1-0 dey were making subs innah de 87 minute .. Somethin dont sound correct there.... Congratulation T&T .. Mexico look like dey were playing de final of de wrl cup.. I neva see a team played a game dat aggresive when not needing any points from it....
warmonga..

Latapy was subbed in iinjury time for Otis Seaton.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2005, 07:06:03 AM »
congrats to the warriors!!

Congrats to Stern John!!

Let's forget about the CR/guat game and make sure we do the business against mexico!

Let us go on to our destiny!

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2005, 07:07:14 AM »
This result will have no effect on Guatemala.

Mexico beating Guatemala was a dead on certainty and both they and we knew that. They also believe that we will surely lose so their big game is and always has been CR at home.

It should have an effect on us however because we know that we are better than Guatemala. If we didn't lose that 5-0 they would have been out already (of course if we didn't lose that we might still have BSC)
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2005, 07:10:47 AM »
Guatemala now have to face a team in rhythm and confidence, the best they will do is tie. Guatemala defense struggling and I can't see them keepin CR off the score board
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2005, 07:33:39 AM »
Guatemala now have to face a team in rhythm and confidence, the best they will do is tie. Guatemala defense struggling and I can't see them keepin CR off the score board

I am hoping for that but it is no guarantee. As poor as Guatemala is we can't take the risk of them pulling off a shock result. We also have an in from team to play against as well.

If we were in their shoes we would be feeling confident thinking that we have to beat CR while a team that we give 5 to has to beat Mexico.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Tone

• The Wonder of You
  • New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Design & Grace
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2005, 07:46:41 AM »
As a Port Vale fan based in Texas, I just want to wish T & T good luck in their attempt to reach the finals. And a special hello to Chris Birchall!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2005, 07:48:09 AM »

I am hoping for that but it is no guarantee. As poor as Guatemala is we can't take the risk of them pulling off a shock result. We also have an in from team to play against as well.

If we were in their shoes we would be feeling confident thinking that we have to beat CR while a team that we give 5 to has to beat Mexico.

I agree but we cannot control what Guatemala do, or what Costa Rica or Mexico do for that matter. Be in control of what you can control
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>