April 29, 2024, 02:06:10 AM

Author Topic: Ministry of Sport gives $$ to assist W/Cup build up  (Read 4900 times)

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ministry of Sport gives $$ to assist W/Cup build up
« on: July 17, 2009, 07:37:34 PM »
Ministry of Sport gives $$ to assist W/Cup build up
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

The Ministry of Sport has handed over a cheque of TT$150,000 to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation to assist in the preparations of the National Senior Team for the 2010 World Cup qualifying campaign.

At a media briefing hosted by the Ministry on Friday, Minister of Sport Gary Hunt said he became aware that the TTFF was forced to put off a proposed training camp in Scotland because of a lack of funding and felt it was necessary for the Ministry to step in and assist.

TTFF Special Advisor Jack Warner said that the assistance was appreciated and that efforts were ongoing to have the T&T team play a couple warm up matches before facing El Salvador on August 12. It is likely that T&T will travel to Venezuela for an international friendly there as well as one against Ecuador or another South American opposition.

Latapy, also present at the briefing, mentioned the need for T&T to the best preparations possible.

"I was quite pleased with the level I saw in St Kitts but obviously it is our intention to play against stronger opponents and to see how we do at that level. So in saying that we will try to play against stronger teams in the near future as we continue to get ready for El Salvador," Latapy said.

T&T defeated St Kitts 3-2 last Saturday and is expected to resume training on July 23.

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Ministry of Sport gives $$ to assist W/Cup build up
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 07:50:37 PM »
the govt might be in a defecit from that donation  ;D

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 08:05:06 PM »
LOUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
STEUPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 07:16:30 AM »
From the Newsday report today. The Warriors are going to Venezuela for a live camp . Hope the overseas players will join the camp.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 07:48:20 AM »
From the Newsday report today. The Warriors are going to Venezuela for a live camp . Hope the overseas players will join the camp.

Highly unlikely.

Will believe that camp and friendly against Venezuela if it happens.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009, 08:34:50 AM »
Weary,
         Why you steupsing so. You have  cavities.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2009, 09:22:40 AM »
I for one who's usually highly critical of the government's usual hesitance to act - applaud MOS on coming forward with an additional $150k.

TTFF said they were short $300k for the Scottish tour, so TTFF gives them half and it's up to the TTFF to come up with the next half - whether it goes towards any tour (since it's too late for Scotland) or whatever it's used for is now out of the MOS hands.

TTFF is responsible from here on in.
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 09:45:23 AM »
Does the TTFF do anything to raise money except beg?  Why can't they be proactive when it comes to raising funds for our football programs?  I have never heard about a single fundraisng venture put forward by the TTFF.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2009, 09:50:33 AM »
Does the TTFF do anything to raise money except beg?  Why can't they be proactive when it comes to raising funds for our football programs?  I have never heard about a single fundraisng venture put forward by the TTFF.

Main Entry:pro·ac·tive
Pronunciation:\(ˌ)prō-ˈak-tiv\
Function:adjective Date:1933
1 [1pro-] : relating to, caused by, or being interference between previous learning and the recall or performance of later learning <proactive inhibition of memory>
2 [2pro- + reactive] : acting in anticipation of future problems, needs, or changes
— pro·ac·tive·ly adverb
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2009, 10:01:53 AM »

D Treasury is dey fund raiser. U sure 2 score wit d Treasury.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2009, 02:16:13 PM »
        Who going to support a funraising venture put forward by the TTFF?150K eh no money when you have two WCs to take care off at the same time,where the rest of the money coming from,this is TTFF not just FF,one thing you don't hear about is the money that was given to the Players Association,what's been done with that.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2009, 02:47:36 PM »
        Who going to support a funraising venture put forward by the TTFF?150K eh no money when you have two WCs to take care off at the same time,where the rest of the money coming from,this is TTFF not just FF,one thing you don't hear about is the money that was given to the Players Association,what's been done with that.

Coop'slike you miss Eman's thread with the amount of money the TTFF recieve within the last 8 months or so. Is over    $15 000 000 they get where that? We eh do nothing to spend that. Plus back when JW rob the players (the time after the WC, not to be confused with the other times) he said that part of the adidas money was allocated to the 2010 campaign. So don't come down on the Government, they does do more than enough.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline gothic

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2009, 05:13:43 PM »
I love mi football but the TTFF is a private enterprise and I hate the fact that my tax dollars going to an organisation that does not have to account for how they spending donations or sponsorship

if yuh private and not accoutable den yuh should function with yuh own money, bmobile and adidas is fine if they willing but government should never get involved with this kind of business, the appearance and likelihood of corruption is too high

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2009, 05:17:03 PM »
TTFF get rewarded cause de man vote with the PNM.... ;)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2009, 05:49:52 PM »
I love mi football but the TTFF is a private enterprise and I hate the fact that my tax dollars going to an organisation that does not have to account for how they spending donations or sponsorship

if yuh private and not accoutable den yuh should function with yuh own money, bmobile and adidas is fine if they willing but government should never get involved with this kind of business, the appearance and likelihood of corruption is too high
Well said bredder!! the govt can't get involved in the federation business, that is grounds for a fifa ban, so why the hell the govt givin dem $$$.

they suppose tuh get funding from sponsors, not the govt. the gate recipts, the sponsorship money and TV rights is all the money they need tuh stay afloat. @ least that's what they do in other countries, especially here in the U.S.!

this is rediculus.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2009, 06:12:05 PM »

Well said bredder!! the govt can't get involved in the federation business, that is grounds for a fifa ban, so why the hell the govt givin dem $$$.

they suppose tuh get funding from sponsors, not the govt. the gate recipts, the sponsorship money and TV rights is all the money they need tuh stay afloat. @ least that's what they do in other countries, especially here in the U.S.!

this is rediculus.

Just cool, it sounding like you want folks in the TTFF to work hard, become transparent and clean up their reputations and stop asking for government handouts!

Like you mad or what?!! That ent happening while Camps in charge!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2009, 07:50:44 PM »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2009, 08:03:05 PM »

this is rediculus.

Just cool, it sounding like you want folks in the TTFF to work hard, become transparent and clean up their reputations and stop asking for government handouts!

Like you mad or what?!! That ent happening while Camps in charge!
??? Pro ah think yuh need tuh revisit that statement. :shameonyou:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2009, 08:06:56 PM »
Soca pro on another note , ah takin in the trevor wilkins calypso show. have you ever heard of it? if yuh didn't it's ah real nice old style calypso radio show only on the weekends. i'm sure you would love it, that's if yuh like old school fundation calypso.

that's the only kinda ah calysoca i could really get into, this new wave yuh rag soca sounding to much like this elephantman  techno reggae to me.                                   positive
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 08:10:15 PM by just cool »

Offline benedicts bwoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2009, 09:37:54 AM »

Tell dem Tenorsaw..........tell dem!!!
Nobody ent read dat play yet dred. :devil:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2009, 11:21:39 AM »

Tell dem Tenorsaw..........tell dem!!!
Nobody ent read dat play yet dred. :devil:

LOUD STEUPS. Dey get d money because d govt dotish. So what happen in d past when he vote wit he UNC croonies.. LOUDDDDDDD STEUPSSSSSSSS

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2009, 12:14:52 PM »
BM here....what is that ting between Hunt and Warner??
is that the new TnT mascot ???
and if so...anyone know what its called??
I would like to buy one for my god son

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2009, 12:17:31 PM »

:rotfl:

This jackarse have me scrolling up to see
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2009, 12:38:39 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I know I shoulda just stay off here and continue to do de people wuk ya know.... :rotfl:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2009, 01:30:21 PM »

Cyah believe lil boy like Small Mag have god chirren already.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2009, 01:35:25 PM »

my father posted as me...guess he was too lazy to log out lol

Offline pardners

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2009, 01:37:17 PM »

my father posted as me...guess he was too lazy to log out lol
;D ;D ;D
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."        Every once in while a good post does come along.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2009, 02:01:39 PM »

Cosign

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2009, 02:02:28 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I know I shoulda just stay off here and continue to do de people wuk ya know.... :rotfl:

Cosign

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2009, 02:04:13 PM »

God chirren ah surprise he eh make BM a grand father in these hear times.

1]; } ?>