March 28, 2024, 01:23:04 PM

Author Topic: Beenie has done to date EXACTLY what he was brought in to do  (Read 3784 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Beenie has done to date EXACTLY what he was brought in to do
« on: October 08, 2005, 11:22:59 PM »
At the time of his appointment, we needed to win our home games and get 1 victory or a couple draws on the road so that come the final game against Mexico at home, we would AT WORST be needing a win to get 4th position.

Well.....

We beat Panama at home

Lost to Mexico & USA away

Beat Guatemala at home

Lost to CR away

Beat Panama away

Given the team we have, the level of play we're playing at (not very good...still taking way too long to settle etc) Mr. Beenhakker and staff have earned whatever they have been paid to date.

We are now in a position whereby we may even lose or tie and still get 4th.  Guatemala is in a MUST WIN position and even that can't help them should we win on Wednesday.

At the beginning of the Hex, if someone had given me that scenario, I would have taken that with no 2nd thoughts.

After our first 3 games, if someone had given me that scenario, I woulda tell dem dey MAD!!!

Thank you Mr. Beenhakker and Staff.  Thank you T&T players and Administration.  Congrats on doing the necessary to date!

Now...onto Wednesday's game!!!  WE MUST AIM TO WIN!  No depending on other results.  Let's do this on our own and show everyone, most of all OURSELVES, WE EARNED IT!!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2005, 11:42:12 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
Re: Beenie has done to date EXACTLY what he was brought in to do
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 11:40:56 PM »
 :applause: :applause: :applause: :chilling:

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 01:29:49 AM »
wednesday better be a NATIONAL HOLIDAY. allyuh going better leave that stadium real hoarse!
Hart for president

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2005, 01:41:52 AM »
wednesday better be a NATIONAL HOLIDAY. allyuh going better leave that stadium real hoarse!

Leh we doh give no National Holiday BEFORE WE QUALIFY like in 89 PLEASE!!!

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2005, 02:14:34 AM »
Palos,
I agree..Beenie is doing what he was brought to do..if he did not believe we could make the World Cup he wouldnt have taken the job.

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2005, 03:48:35 AM »
Yes that is right madness

He really isn't there to fill up his pockets, in fact you should consider yourself damn lucky he was available.
The man was doing an splendid job here at Ajax together with Koeman.
It all went down a lot after he left !!, and really he left for private and no other reasons.
Further he got some very good assistents, Theo de Jong just worked under Arie Haan in China and must have learned a lot's in 1974 just like Wim Rijsbergen who he had just worked with him in Mexico.

Now you have to do Mexico again, well who knows Mexico better then Leo & Wim ?
Further most Trini's play in England, man that's the best 1st and 2th competition in the world.
Perhaps Alto Bolton can give some tips on bringing some speed to some of your tall players, I do think that speed is a bit a weak point. Isn't there a top fitness or running coach connected to the warriors ?
I really think there is some opportunity for progress there.
T
Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

Offline scooby

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2005, 06:18:30 AM »
well beenie is a coach that knows international football and what it takes to win and how to harness talent, what a coach at top flight in any sport does is creat a system that best suits his players capaerbilities, not play mad football systems like 5 3 2 or 5 3 1 1. Brazil has shown the world time and time again 4 4 2 is the most successful formation that what beenie is preaching staying compact and creating triangles who does it best gets the ball in the onion bag simple

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2005, 07:01:55 AM »
well beenie is a coach that knows international football and what it takes to win and how to harness talent, what a coach at top flight in any sport does is creat a system that best suits his players capaerbilities, not play mad football systems like 5 3 2 or 5 3 1 1. Brazil has shown the world time and time again 4 4 2 is the most successful formation that what beenie is preaching staying compact and creating triangles who does it best gets the ball in the onion bag simple

Please lets not get carries away. There is no best system. Brazil wins because they have dam good players all over the field, and more than a few who cold pull the rabbit out of a hat. Back to topic. Well done Beenie and the exceptional job players, one to go. Focus on that
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2005, 07:13:23 AM »
We are now in a position whereby we may even lose or tie and still get 4th.  Guatemala is in a MUST WIN position and even that can't help them should we win on Wednesday.

At the beginning of the Hex, if someone had given me that scenario, I would have taken that with no 2nd thoughts.

After our first 3 games, if someone had given me that scenario, I woulda tell dem dey MAD!!!

that is so true palos!! u took de words right out of my mouth!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Warlord

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2005, 07:25:49 AM »
At the time of his appointment, we needed to win our home games and get 1 victory or a couple draws on the road so that come the final game against Mexico at home, we would AT WORST be needing a win to get 4th position.

Well.....

We beat Panama at home

Lost to Mexico & USA away

Beat Guatemala at home

Lost to CR away

Beat Panama away

Given the team we have, the level of play we're playing at (not very good...still taking way too long to settle etc) Mr. Beenhakker and staff have earned whatever they have been paid to date.

Thank you Mr. Beenhakker and Staff.  Thank you T&T players and Administration.  Congrats on doing the necessary to date!

Now...onto Wednesday's game!!!  WE MUST AIM TO WIN!  No depending on other results.  Let's do this on our own and show everyone, most of all OURSELVES, WE EARNED IT!!!!!!

Remember when I was calling for St Claire's head in the semi-final round, and people kept saying wi should keep the coach and not recycle coaches over and over?

Do you remember when St Claire fielded six defenders at home vs St Vincent? Now up comes a new coach with experience and coaching ability that have taken the same team St Claire had and put them on the brink of finishing 4th.

Ask yourself why is that? What you are seeing is someone who knows how to coach and bring the best out of his players. That is what Beenhakker has done. Even tho he is older, he is tens of thousands of miles apart from St Claire in that capacity.
"I love to see my people living in love, hate to see dem fighting and swimming in blood."

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2005, 07:29:00 AM »
From the beginning of the Hex I knew our goal was fourth place, just be better than Guatemala and Panama. We aren't good enough to be better than Mex, US and CR and there is no shame in that.

Beenie is quite simply a boss.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2005, 08:56:54 AM »
Now it looks like the BSC  club  is dismantling?

I would take this victory and be in this position today compared to a loss or a draw.

But in light of our improved position at this time, and with hopes for positive result aganist MEXICO, are we still a formidable foe to be reckoned with?

Given the quality of players we have on the team, their professional experience and the level of play they are used to, should we expect a more dominating game from our team?

Relative to Panama's team composition, should we not be more assertive in our attack and in our goal production?

So our position in the standing have improved NOW what do we need  to do now to turn it up one more notch ? Beating Mexico is the obvious.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2005, 09:40:01 AM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2005, 09:37:21 AM »
imagine what woulda happen if the fixture list was in our favor..with us playing USA & Mexico last..we woulda wrap up 3rd by now.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2005, 09:49:18 AM »
We are now in a position whereby we may even lose or tie and still get 4th. Guatemala is in a MUST WIN position and even that can't help them should we win on Wednesday.

Breds you feeling ok man .. You recover?
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2005, 01:48:20 PM »
i agree with coming in to do exactly wat he was brought to do d question is asked who will pay him from thursday??

i seeing a gloomy horizon for coachin staff in warriors camp
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2005, 01:51:32 PM »
i agree with coming in to do exactly wat he was brought to do d question is asked who will pay him from thursday??

i seeing a gloomy horizon for coachin staff in warriors camp

If we get that 4th position.....Beenie & staff go come like Pan Am.....dem eh goin a flikkin place!!!  Yuh go see how "suddenly" Govt &/or Corporate T&T money go flow een.

Offline E.D.R striker

• New Warrior
  • Net Shakers forever!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2005, 01:53:36 PM »
Fellas...quick question. Anybody know if de dates already set for 4th place CONCACAF and 4th place ASIA home  and away?

Ah looking for tickets early to come home....doh worry fellas   JAH JAH go see we thru .

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2005, 01:56:01 PM »
d dates set for sumtime in november we hav d first game at home but me aint kno the exact dates
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2005, 01:56:37 PM »
We are now in a position whereby we may even lose or tie and still get 4th. Guatemala is in a MUST WIN position and even that can't help them should we win on Wednesday.

he must be if he postin at 9am!  ;D
Hart for president

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2005, 01:56:55 PM »
Fellas...quick question. Anybody know if de dates already set for 4th place CONCACAF and 4th place ASIA home  and away?

Ah looking for tickets early to come home....doh worry fellas   JAH JAH go see we thru .

November 12th at de CONCACAF team

November 16th at de Asian team

Offline E.D.R striker

• New Warrior
  • Net Shakers forever!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2005, 01:57:59 PM »
Blessed SHOTTA!

Offline E.D.R striker

• New Warrior
  • Net Shakers forever!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2005, 02:05:16 PM »
Good looking out PALOS

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2005, 02:08:36 PM »

i ok, de doc have meh on plenty fluids and i fraid tuh eat!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2005, 02:13:03 PM »
From the beginning of the Hex I knew our goal was fourth place, just be better than Guatemala and Panama. We aren't good enough to be better than Mex, US and CR and there is no shame in that.

Funny you should say that. I think if Beenie were here from the start, we could have set our sights higher than fourth. I think we woulda beaten CR at home and taken a point from Guate on the road....giving us 13 pts (3 more) and CR 15 (one less) going into the last game.....we woulda had a shot at automatic qual....It's all speculation and water under the bridge at this point, but to say our overall goal was fourth place from the beginning I think is setting our sights too low....I look at this group, and only US & Mexico are really "in a different class". CR is better than us, and are formidable at home.....but not in a different class.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2005, 02:13:21 PM »

Leh we doh give no National Holiday BEFORE WE QUALIFY like in 89 PLEASE!!!

nah man 89 is a whole different year. this is retribution. the nation could use a break...this game is worthy for it.
Hart for president

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2005, 02:22:38 PM »

Funny you should say that. I think if Beenie were here from the start, we could have set our sights higher than fourth. I think we woulda beaten CR at home and taken a point from Guate on the road....giving us 13 pts (3 more) and CR 15 (one less) going into the last game.....we woulda had a shot at automatic qual....It's all speculation and water under the bridge at this point, but to say our overall goal was fourth place from the beginning I think is setting our sights too low....I look at this group, and only US & Mexico are really "in a different class". CR is better than us, and are formidable at home.....but not in a different class.

Given the circumstances of the US coming into the Ash Wednesday game PLUS Costa Rica's uncertainty prior to changing coaches (after they played T&T in T&T), I am confident had we had Beenie as coach from the start of the Hex, going into that Panama game at home, we would have had at least 6 points instead of 1.

As it is...I REAL grateful for that 1 point because it might very well be the difference between us getting 4th place and being 5th and out of the playoff.

1]; } ?>