March 28, 2024, 05:53:33 AM

Author Topic: Do the yellow cards from this round carry over into the Concacaf-Asian playoff?  (Read 3261 times)

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The rules seem to suggest that the playoff is a separate tournament from the Concacaf qualifying round, and hence the yellow cards do not carry over. Am  I wrong?

« Last Edit: October 09, 2005, 06:49:45 AM by Tallman »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
That's a great question.  When I checked FIFA's site, the Playoff's definitely seem to be a separate competition therefore I would think that yellow cards obtained during the Hex (a separate competition...at least in my opinion) would not count in the playoff.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
according to fifa it should'nt :beermug:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I am not clear on that rule either, but from what I ahve read, the hex and the fourth place playoffs are considered the same competition. It is all part of WC qualifying and suspensions should therefore carry over. Eg. If you got too many yellow cards in the semifinals of qulaifying it would have carried over to the hex. Too many yellows in the hex and you get suspended in the 4th place playoffs or, if you qualified drirectly, you will be suspended in the WC finals. And it has actually happened before, if you get a red card in the last match of qualifying you will sit out at least the first match of the WC in Germany..however if you got a red in a friendly, you miss your team's next friendly......it has to be related. If your team does not qualify for the WC, but you get a red in the final qualifying match, you will miss your country's preliminary qualifiers 2 or 3 years later..

Can someone corroborate this...nice to know if we get to that point

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
comon tallest u stickin with the info here like u lashin a hard macaroni pie now an u doh wa it fall on the keyboard

this is important
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline monty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
It seems that it will carry over as this is the same competition.. it is all part of the qualification process. There is an escape clause, so hopefully Jack can work some magic if needed.

Section 4. Carrying over and canceling cautions and match suspensions
Art. 37 Carrying over cautions
 Cautions received during one competition are not carried over to another competition.
 They are, however, carried over from one round to the next in the same competition.
The Disciplinary Committee may exceptionally depart from this rule before the start of a particular competition. This provision is subject to art. 38.

Art. 38 Cancellation of cautions
 At the request of a confederation, the Disciplinary Committee may cancel cautions that have not resulted in a match suspension so as to restore the balance among several teams that have not played the same number of matches during the first round of a competition, or in other exceptional circumstances.  In any case, the committee may do this only once in any competition.
 The Disciplinary Committee’s decision is final.

Art. 39 Carrying over match suspensions
 As a general rule, every suspension (of players and other persons) is carried over from one round to the next in the same competition.
 Match suspensions in relation to an expulsion pronounced on a player outside of a competition (separate match[es]) or not served during the competition for which they were intended (elimination or the last match in the competition) are carried over as follows:
a) FIFA World Cup: carried over to the national team’s subsequent official match;
b) competitions subject to an age limit: carried over to the national team’s subsequent official match, regardless of the type of competition (whether subject to an age limit or not);
c) FIFA Confederations’ Cup: carried over to the national team’s subsequent official match;
d) FIFA Club World Championship: carried over to the confederation’s club competition;
e) confederation club competitions leading to qualification for the FIFA Club World Championship: carried over to this championship;
f) confederation competitions for national teams: carried over to the national team’s subsequent official match in a competition organised by FIFA;
g) competitions in which the teams have been chosen in accordance with certain criteria (cultural, geographical, historical etc.): if the regulations of these competitions refer to the FIFA regulations for disciplinary sanctions, the suspensions are carried over to the national team’s subsequent official match;
h) friendly matches: carried over to the national team’s subsequent friendly match.

Match suspensions resulting from several cautions issued to a player in different
matches of the same competition are never carried over to another competition.
 Par. 2 similarly applies to suspensions pronounced against persons other than
players.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
comon tallest u stickin with the info here like u lashin a hard macaroni pie now an u doh wa it fall on the keyboard

this is important

Accordin tuh triniman, Steeps. I jes reach back from Miami Carnival and my head bad, so yuh go have tuh wait until tomorrow  :beermug:.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
tallest hit shotta a drunk man buff up yes.

how was the free drinks shotta, any warriors turn up at yuh party?

1]; } ?>