April 18, 2024, 12:03:28 PM

Author Topic: Los Angeles Galaxy vs AC Milan  (Read 14963 times)

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Los Angeles Galaxy vs AC Milan
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2009, 12:44:53 PM »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2009, 12:56:31 PM »
Sad to see how they treating Beckham a lot of this is because of Donovan Jealousy. and Birchall got turn inside out by Ronaldinho last night he showed so much skills, but he did as good as he could of facing a guy like him good game for birch. If he keep this up gone be a fan favorite soon times...

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2009, 01:14:43 PM »
Sad to see how they treating Beckham a lot of this is because of Donovan Jealousy. and Birchall got turn inside out by Ronaldinho last night he showed so much skills, but he did as good as he could of facing a guy like him good game for birch. If he keep this up gone be a fan favorite soon times...

Why you conclude jealousy?  Why not conclude he genuinely feel the way he expressed?  Why not consider that the writer who seems to have a personal dislike for Beckham went after the most tenured and straight forward player?  Just curious.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2009, 01:15:48 PM »
Ey did Dinho blank Chris a shirt exchange?  :)
i feel he told him to talk to him later for a signed one ;)
as Birchy ent seem disappointed
It look more like he tell him ah next man brace him for that shirt already, so Birch was like "aright no seen"

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2009, 01:17:47 PM »
i feel he told him to talk to him later for a signed one ;)
as Birchy ent seem disappointed
It look more like he tell him ah next man brace him for that shirt already, so Birch was like "aright no seen"

Watch meh..if i know i on a team dat have ronaldinho.....in de tunnel...i telling him..."eh...after de game.....we go link with de jersey aight?"
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2009, 01:38:40 PM »
now donavan wife leave him.

is all beckham fault.

Report: Landon Donovan And Wife Bianca Split Up

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1110/major-league-soccer/2009/07/19/1391778/report-landon-donovan-and-wife-bianca-split-up

Landon Donovan and his wife Bianca Kajlich, star of the television show Rules of Engagement, have separated.

he couple had been together since New Year’s eve of 2006 before the separation which happened quietly sometime over the last several months.

“The separation is amicable,” said the representative for the couple who confirmed the story to People.

No further details were available on what caused the separation.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2009, 02:51:18 PM »
How much did the book hype influence this? Would LA fans have booed Becks without the book hype? Yeah, he woulda get heat without the book.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2009, 03:23:51 PM »

is all beckham fault.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1110/major-league-soccer/2009/07/19/1391778/report-landon-donovan-and-wife-bianca-split-up

Landon Donovan and his wife Bianca Kajlich, star of the television show Rules of Engagement, have separated.

he couple had been together since New Year’s eve of 2006 before the separation which happened quietly sometime over the last several months.

“The separation is amicable,” said the representative for the couple who confirmed the story to People.

nah just dont date actresses. they have a "i dont need you, you need me" attitude.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2009, 03:32:50 PM »

is all beckham fault.

nah just dont date actresses. they have a "i dont need you, you need me" attitude.

Like you talking from experience boy.  :)  I sense a lot of hurt.   ;D
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2009, 03:38:06 PM »
:devil: i saw that too

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2009, 07:19:47 PM »
:devil: i saw that too

to me it look like he say someone else ask for it before him
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2009, 07:55:19 PM »
good stuff... good shift by Birchy.. he gave dinho a good battle and i'm sure dinho (if he needs too) will remember the challenging battle vs the Birch

legend

Birchy was outmatched in all the one on one situations- either got burned or fouled R10 (an unfit preseason R10 too)...But Birchall showed good hustle and even though he was a step below the mark he threw his body around to make it as difficult as possible...he has to be a 90 minute game in game out player for Trinidad when available to play...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2009, 08:18:43 PM »
game is now showing on fox sports espanol.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2009, 11:07:34 PM »
Beckham said Birchie never had a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich before coming to America...do they not eat those in England  ????  Hell I've had two already today.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2009, 11:37:30 PM »
well its quite an honor being turned up by Ronaldinho....fact

a lot better than Birchall were in the past and will be again

and that just shows the microscope we put out players under

and i know some of you know that...

it wont take Ronaldinho to tell what tnt what  good for us

respect

and yea F#CK ZAMORA

and meh new one till the 13th AUG  EL WHO ???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2009, 07:21:20 AM »
well its quite an honor being turned up by Ronaldinho....fact

a lot better than Birchall were in the past and will be again

and that just shows the microscope we put out players under

and i know some of you know that...

it wont take Ronaldinho to tell what tnt what  good for us

respect

and yea F#CK ZAMORA

and meh new one till the 13th AUG  EL WHO ???

:applause:
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2009, 07:33:56 AM »
Beckham said Birchie never had a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich before coming to America...do they not eat those in England  ????  Hell I've had two already today.

Peanut butter is a hard thing to find in the normal supermarkets dread.
it usually in the exotic or gourmet foods section...apart from americans the only real market for it comes from a lot of african countries
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2009, 10:37:53 AM »

Peanut butter is a hard thing to find in the normal supermarkets dread.
it usually in the exotic or gourmet foods section...apart from americans the only real market for it comes from a lot of african countries
Then I will get rich exporting PB&J to the UK  :beermug:

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2009, 11:00:30 AM »
couple observations on de game.

La Galaxy dont look too bad at all.
There was a giveaway for the first 10,000 people (PFL eat your heart out)
Beckham has it too easy in that league non the less he is a boss.
Chris Birchall is a better player than he is given credit for
Chris birchall is impressionable and therefore he can still learn
Dinho had a hard time with Chris
Chris wasn't taking no Cap
Chris have de gall of a Trini. Kick yuh and cuss yuh and then ask yuh to exchange jerseys
Chris is more of a Essien and should be allowed to bloom in that regard.
Chris tried a couple long passes and were successful with at least 80% of them.
Beckham will be a good influence for Chris
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2009, 12:31:56 PM »

When did he say that?
Hart for president

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2009, 12:38:14 PM »
When did he say that?

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-galaxy-milan19-2009jul19,0,1446424.story?track=rss

Galaxy will be challenged by match with AC Milan
Reed Saxon / Associated Press
Landon Donovan leads the Galaxy with seven goals this season.
The teams will play in a sold-out friendly at Home Depot Center on Sunday night, and the Italian team, even at less than full capacity, is expected to give the Galaxy all it can handle.
By Grahame L. Jones
July 19, 2009
As far as weeks go, the one just past was a good one for the Galaxy, both individually and collectively.

Coach Bruce Arena was able to return to New Jersey and show the New York Red Bulls how badly mistaken they were in dismissing him as coach in 2008.

Italian teams have much to consider in... U.S. defeats Panama, 2-1, to reach...David Beckham returns and Galaxy keeps rolling
David Beckham on the commitment issue
Manchester United poised for a shopping spree
Ads by Google
Milan Photos

Official Site. Exclusive Offers. Visit the Mercury® Milan Gallery.

www.MercuryVehicles.com/Milan

Honda Inspiration Award

Meet the 2008-2009 Honorees of the Collegiate Women Sports Awards.

awards.honda.com
David Beckham and Landon Donovan got to patch up their unseemly quarrel over which one of them is more professional.

Goalkeeper Donovan Ricketts showed yet again why he is one of the best in Major League Soccer, and midfielder Chris Birchall not only made his MLS debut but, according to Beckham, was introduced to the joys of peanut butter and jam sandwiches.

This week, however, promises to start out a little stickier for the Galaxy, which plays AC Milan in a sold-out friendly at the Home Depot Center tonight at 7.

The Italian team, beginning a four-game preseason tour of the U.S., will provide the most daunting on-field challenge for the Galaxy since it lost, 1-0, to Chelsea in Carson almost exactly two years ago in Beckham's debut for Los Angeles.

"I think it's great," Beckham said. "I think it's great for big teams and big players to come over to this side of the world and show their skills and show how great they are. It can only be good for the game."

Tonight's match was more or less forced upon AC Milan as part of the agreement that allowed Beckham to remain on loan with Milan through the end of the Serie A season on May 31.

Just how the Italians will approach it, therefore, will be interesting to see. They could go through the motions and treat it as a glorified training exercise or they could decide that a lopsided victory would make a more telling point.

Beckham would prefer that the Galaxy prevent the latter from happening.

"We don't want to be embarrassed," he said Saturday. "We don't want to stand around like cones."

Jet lag will be an issue. Coach Leonardo and his players left Milan at noon Italian time on Saturday, flew to Frankfurt, changed planes and were due to arrive in Los Angeles at 5:30 local time before training at UCLA at 7 p.m.

Such is the quality of the seven-time European champions, however, that even in low gear and even travel-weary, they should give the Galaxy all it can handle.

Ricketts, Jamaica's national team goalkeeper, "has simply been outstanding this year," according to Arena, but he and the Galaxy defense will be hard-pressed to contain the Rossoneri for 90 minutes.

Still, the Galaxy is a decidedly better team than it was when Arena took charge last August. He has rebuilt not only the roster but also the morale.

Arena was also the one who sat down with Donovan and Beckham a week ago and arbitrated their dispute.

"There was never any doubt in our minds that these guys would work together," he said after Thursday's 3-1 victory over the Red Bulls had stretched the Galaxy's winning streak to four games. "They're good professionals."

Donovan, who has a team-high seven goals and might be inclined to try to impress AC Milan tonight and earn a loan deal of his own to Italy, said getting back on the same page with Beckham was never going to be difficult.

"With players like that you don't worry about chemistry," he said, "because he sees the game the same way. . . . He knows how to play and he can make all the plays that I need to get the ball in a good spot."

Beckham said he has been impressed by the new spirit evident in the Galaxy locker room and on the field.

"We are playing with players who have a lot of confidence and don't feel . . . scared to just do stuff on their own," he said. "They don't feel as if they have to give the ball to certain players in attacking positions because they can do it themselves."

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2009, 01:48:02 PM »
they doh have peanut butter and jam sandwich in hengland?

wha about peanut butter and jam roti?

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2009, 02:29:35 PM »
thanks Kicker
Hart for president

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2009, 04:56:12 PM »
 :o
Bend Over Like Beckham

Posted Jul 21st 2009 2:15PM by TMZ Staff

A.C. Milan player Daniele Bonera and some guy who's probably his trainer hit up the jacuzzi for some male bonding after Sunday's game against the L.A. Galaxy.
http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true&mediaKey=8561e6d7-a7c3-418b-9eec-6df736ed8abb

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2009, 05:08:45 PM »
haha .... dem fellas probably get inspired by Bruno
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Tha G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Anytime is trini time, cyah wait to buss ah lime
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2009, 11:04:18 PM »
Them Italians always nasty, remember they did soposedly ketch Baggio and someone else on some slackness during the 94 world cup and the try they best to keep it hush hush.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2009, 10:50:22 AM »
nutten in dat. de physio was clearly clowning around. you could see they knew they were being watched. at one point, he looks like he was helping out Bonero with some kind of massage by his waste (sports physiotherapy does catch real man looking like they engaging in slackness...anyone remember de Barca physio who look like he was 'stretching' Eto'o bottom..somebody had post it on here. men bawl oui). Anyhow..de physio decide like he want to clown around for whoever was watching, and Bonera look like he tellin him to stop playing de arse. if dey were in something, dey wouldn't be out in de broad daylight, skinning dey teeth at whoever pass. men know everything they do on digital

some of allyuh real like slackness eh...baggio get catch in something in 94? maybe. i sure plenty ballers engage in some kinda ting dey want to keep very secret, but look hard enough and every celebrity have some nasty rumor spread about them. nature of fame. sometimes true..most times, just haters spreading lies

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2009, 11:50:59 AM »
nutten in dat. de physio was clearly clowning around. you could see they knew they were being watched. at one point, he looks like he was helping out Bonero with some kind of massage by his waste (sports physiotherapy does catch real man looking like they engaging in slackness...anyone remember de Barca physio who look like he was 'stretching' Eto'o bottom..somebody had post it on here. men bawl oui). Anyhow..de physio decide like he want to clown around for whoever was watching, and Bonera look like he tellin him to stop playing de arse. if dey were in something, dey wouldn't be out in de broad daylight, skinning dey teeth at whoever pass. men know everything they do on digital

some of allyuh real like slackness eh...baggio get catch in something in 94? maybe. i sure plenty ballers engage in some kinda ting dey want to keep very secret, but look hard enough and every celebrity have some nasty rumor spread about them. nature of fame. sometimes true..most times, just haters spreading lies

im sure people believe they were playing around...but the question is: Is that how those men like to play around???
Hart for president

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2009, 12:08:49 PM »

that was stretching de boundaries of male bonding a lil too far for my liking so...   :flamethrower:

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2009, 12:23:58 PM »

that was stretching de boundaries of male bonding a lil too far for my liking so...   :flamethrower:

Allyuh never notice play fight does turn serious after a while?

1]; } ?>