April 19, 2024, 08:23:05 AM

Author Topic: Mind Blowing  (Read 1898 times)

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
Mind Blowing
« on: July 23, 2009, 03:28:38 PM »

Orgasm Blows The Mind - literally

Orgasm is literally a mind-blowing experience for a woman, scientists revealed on Monday.
Much of her brain shuts down when she reaches a sexual climax, including areas that deal with emotion.
The discovery was made during a bizarre set of experiments in the Netherlands in which couples were asked to stimulate each other while undergoing brain scans.
It seems to explode the myth that while men switch off during sex, the part of women that is most turned on is in their heads.
By looking at the brain scans, researchers had no trouble telling when women were "faking it".
The brains of volunteers who were asked to simulate orgasm after a period of stimulation remained fully active and in conscious control.
Neuroscientist Dr Gert Holstege, from the University of Groningen, who led the research, said: "The main thing we saw in females is deactivation of the brain, which was unbelievable; really very pronounced.
"I think that's the major outcome of the study. What you see is deactivation of large parts of the brain, especially the emotional brain, the fear centres."
The only part of a woman's brain that was activated during orgasm was the cerebellum. Although chiefly associated with the control of movement, scientists think it may also play an emotional role.
The cerebellum was also active during fake orgasms, but elsewhere the picture was very different.
"If you look at the women who faked orgasm, we see the same kind of thing in the cerebellum taking place, but the cortex, the conscious part of the brain, is also active," said Dr Holstege.
"Women can imitate orgasm quite well, but in the brain it's not the same."
Even the body movements made during a real orgasm were unconscious and did not involve the "thinking" part of the brain, he said. This was not the case with a fake orgasm.
Shutting down the brain during orgasm ensured that obstacles such as fear and stress did not get in the way.
"Deactivation of these very important parts of the brain might be the most important necessity for having an orgasm," said Dr Holstege.
"When you are fearful or have a very high level of anxiety, then it's hard to have sex because during sex you really have to give yourself and let go."
Men were studied in the same way. But because the male orgasm during ejaculation takes such a short time - typically 20 seconds - it was difficult to obtain meaningful brain scan data.
The scans showed a similar activation of the cerebellum in men. Dr Holstege suspected other parts of men's brains mirrored those of women and became deactivated during orgasm.
However, another part of the study in which couples stimulated each other for two minutes without reaching orgasm showed distinct differences between men and women.
In both, a "fear centre" called the amygdala was deactivated. But in men alone, the scientists saw activation of an ancient, primitive part of the brain linked to emotion called the insula
There was also a difference in the way touching the genitals affected the somatosensory cortex of the brain. Women merely experienced a sensory feeling, whereas in men emotions were involved.- see we do care..how well u can use your hands.
"Men are seeing it as a big deal, the interpretation of what is happening is important to them," said Dr Holstege. "Women apparently do not have this idea that, OK, this is so important. With women the primary feeling is there, but not the interpretation."
Another odd observation was that the hippocampus, which deals with memory, was deactivated in women. The researchers have no idea why.
A total of 13 women and 11 men, ranging in age from 19 to 49, took part in the experiments at Dr Holstege's laboratory.
Presenting the findings today at the annual meeting of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology in Copenhagen, Denmark, he admitted it was a not the easiest of studies to carry out.
The volunteers, all partners, were recruited through advertisements placed in Dutch magazines.
To put participants in the right mood, members of Dr Holstege's team spoke reassuringly to them, and dimmed the lighting in the scanning room.
Since it was vital to remain completely still in the scanner, volunteers had to have their heads restrained while being sexually stimulated. The rest of the body was free to move.
"We are neuroscientists, so we're only interested in the brain," said Dr Holstege.
The men and women, who were all heterosexual and right-handed, stimulated each others' genitals, but did not have full intercourse.
Participants lay naked on a table with their head inside the scanner. Dr Holstege said a major problem was that they got cold feet - literally. A solution was found in the form of socks supplied by the scientists.
Dr Holstege added that the research could in future lead to better treatments for sexual dysfunction.
The key appeared to be to reduce fear and anxiety - as was illustrated by the aphrodisiac effect on alcohol.
"Alcohol brings down the fear level," said Dr Holstege. "Everyone knows if you give alcohol to a woman it makes things easier."

radio.weblogs.com/0107064/2005/07/

ALL THIS = GET THEM DRUNK FIRST!! I COULDA TELL THEM DAT...
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Blowing
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 04:56:11 PM »
No wonder some ah them this either be bawling down the place or else they most prolific  attribute = the mouth does just be uttering insensible groans.

But wait nah how come TNT eh make this else? umm... no black nations? what t happen to black and beautiful?

Where to Find the World’s Hottest Women

By Robin Esrock

Exotic, foreign beauties have drawn men to travel through the ages just as surely as power and wealth.  In no particular order, this is my personal list, and why.

Chances are I’ll end up at a bar with a bunch of guys, and most likely the fact that I’ve travelled all over the world will come up, in which case the topic of which countries have the most beautiful women will DEFINITELY come up.  We are men after all, and exotic, foreign beauties have drawn men to travel through the ages just as surely as power and wealth.  In no particular order, this is my personal list, and why.  Ladies, bearing in mind the overall silliness of this article, feel free to share your own list of the world’s hottest men.

1. Argentina

Latino girls dressed to kill with an attitude to match, there’s no shortage of head turners in Argentina.  I remember sitting at a coffee shop in Buenos Aires, amazed at the sheer amount of bombshells walking past me.   Where did they all come from? Where do they all go?  I got one warm lead who played me like violin throughout the week.   I should have known better.  I was forewarned that girls in Argentina like their “soup warm,” meaning, they like to keep their dating options open, but are notoriously non-committal.

2. Brazil

Well now, everything you’ve heard about Brazilian girls is true I’m afraid.  The way they dress with dental floss.  The way they wear their sexuality so openly.  The way they brazenly don’t waste any time.  But by far the best aspect of Brazilian girls is the way they move; the way a drum beat shakes their bodies (and their booties) like nowhere else.  They’re also loving, loyal, and wonderfully generous.  I should know…I’m dating one.

3. Colombia

My last country in South America is Colombia, which battles with Venezuela for the most internationally recognized beauty queens.    Granted it’s a little strange how acceptable and encouraged cosmetic surgery is, and a little sad too.  These are beautiful women, no improvements necessary.   At a night club in Bogota I couldn’t believe how genuinely friendly the girls were, and there were plenty of them.   Colombia has a reputation for women outnumbering men by eight to one!

4. Israel

It’s no surprise to me that the latest it-supermodel is an Israeli named Bar Rafaeli.    The women in Israel are not only beautiful, they are fiercely spirited too.   This is natural when you consider that every one of them has spent two full years in the army, learning how to defend themselves, learning to be warriors.   Flirting with a stunning girl in an army uniform, an Uzi swung around her waist, is an interesting, and yet undoubtedly electrifying experience.

5. Ukraine/Russia

Male travellers walking the busy streets of cities like Kiev, Moscow and St Petersburg are forgiven if they stop and stare.  It’s impossible not too.   With cheekbones that could carve a thanksgiving turkey, Russians and Ukrainian women dress like they’re going to ballroom dances at 8am in the morning.   Short skirts, heels so tall they could be stilts, they’ve got it, and they’re determined to use it.     

6. Romania

Still in Eastern Europe, Romania features on my list because of that hot summer day in Bucharest where it appeared to me that the entire female population had burned their bras.   With the low cut summer dresses displaying a very distracting amount of jiggle, it’s no wonder the men drive like crazy.

7. France

A bit of a personal toss-up here between the women of Italy and the women of France.   I went with the French for no other reason than the girls there seem less harassed, and therefore a little more comfortable going out in public.

8. Japan

Into Asia now, and how I remember the girls of Tokyo!   The eccentric way they dress, their strange customs (if you get a chance, don’t miss the Harajuku girls gathering in all their gothic fantasy glory).   While there’s an unmistakable steeliness behind the cheekbones of Eastern European, in Japan there’s a softness and a gentleness that can be intoxicating for Japanese men and for geijins (foreigners) too.

9. Philippines

Asian women are beautiful, period.   I’m adding Filipino girls because they’ve been wooing men from around the world for centuries, and it was very easy for me to see why.   Petite and friendly, I know there’s a stigma attached to the word cute but I use it (along with all the other adjectives on this page) in its most flattering sense.

10. Canada

Of course!  Ladies of Canada, I salute you.  Not the Australians, South Africans, the English, nor the women of the United States can compare.   Whether it’s the girls of the West Coast, dressed in their form-fitting yoga wear, the feisty prairie girls, the style and sass of Ontario and Quebec, the down home wholesomeness of the East Coast,  guys travelling about in Canada gather in bars and freak the hell out.   “There’s just so many!” said two English guys I met in a downtown bar, and they weren’t talking about maple leaf trees.    Canadian women can stand the cold, turn up the heat, and easily rock the runway of any laddish list of this sort.

Beauty being subjective, I can assure all readers that every one of the 85 countries I’ve visited, on all six continents, has no shortage of beautiful, smart and incredible women, gorgeously represented in an endless variety of wonderful shapes and sizes.

Robin Esrock is currently jetsetting around the world, filming the third season of Word Travels (www.wordtravels.tv) for OLN. 
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 04:57:54 PM by AB.Trini »

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 06:15:43 PM »
alberta.. I'll add Croatian women to that mix.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 06:25:17 PM »
Brazil is a black country
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 10:48:51 PM »
But wait nah how come TNT eh make this else?

Ent...blasphemy! And dat is not bias talking.

T&T welcomes back...the King

truetrini

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 12:01:18 AM »

And dey bold face to add dem hard foot Canadian women too

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 01:31:37 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 05:49:33 AM »

Wait Canada have women ???
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 01:06:42 PM »

dey does only come out in the summer (which occurs for 1 week in August)
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 01:42:07 PM »

oh wow some of the hottest women in the world .,.......man just walking tinto the mall could give you a heart  attack  :whistling:

Some of the most beautiful women in the world since like 4 years ago . wow never seen any thing like it .
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 01:44:22 PM by Quagmire »

1]; } ?>