April 28, 2024, 09:10:15 AM

Author Topic: Too many scenarios  (Read 5772 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Too many scenarios
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2005, 01:49:37 PM »
i'm looking at this from each teams results - what i meant by the 90s team being better was that they had more impressive results. a good result against mexico is what this team needs. i'm not moved by good commentary (like the stuff from the loss in mexico) when the scoreline says otherwise.

jdb and morvantman - you "thought policing" the socawarriors site? don't like too much freedom? have a stag for me nuh ?

"Impressive" is a relative term.

Yes...in 89 we beat Guatemala in Guatemala.  Surely a more impressive result than beating Panama in Panama in 2005.  Just to get to the final round of that competition, we beat Honduras in Honduras which was unheard of at the time.

But you don't factor in realities such as the 89 team had the opportunity to live, train and play together without interruption (until Dwight went to Aston Villa for trials).  The coach had his best players available AT ALL TIMES.

Yuh really cyah compare in my opinion...however...if it suit you to do so, your perogative.

Respeck.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2005, 01:59:16 PM »
Might sound like I splitting hairs but technically we didn't win in Honduras. Didn't we draw 1-1 there after drawing 0-0 at home?

jdb and morvantman - you "thought policing" the socawarriors site? don't like too much freedom? have a stag for me nuh ?

How is disagreeing with you "thought policing"?

Yuh come out here saying that a man drinking rum because he think the team play has improved when results indicate that they have and making negative comparisons to the strike squad. Is it that nobody is allowed to disagree with this?
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2005, 02:02:41 PM »
Might sound like I splitting hairs but technically we didn't win in Honduras. Didn't we draw 1-1 there after drawing 0-0 at home?

Yuh probably right.  I remember Chinas playin in dah game.  Cyah remember who score fuh we doh.  Was it Hutson Charles?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2005, 02:16:52 PM »
MAN COMMING OUT HERE POSTING WRONG SCORES, STUPID OBSERVATIONS AND TLAKING BOUT THE WARRIORS AINT IMPROVE AND VEX WITH ME.

I BENCH PRESS 280 TODAY AND I FEELING LIKE HULK SO WATCH YUH MOUTH

Padnah...remeber...leh we "VIBES IT UP!".  Doh study no negative vibes man... :challenge:  Positive energy rite through... :chilling:

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2005, 02:18:29 PM »
RIGHT RIGHT SORRY

TNT WE WANT AH GOAL
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2005, 02:23:02 PM »
cum out a da morvant mentality nah boss u go frighten the new posters
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2005, 03:43:49 PM »
Everybody have the right to voice their opinion on this site so hear mine regarding this comparison issue... different players, different era, different circumstances, different opponents, different coaches (BSC & Don Leo) with different styles and philosophies about the game. All these factors will yeild different results. Man without sounding too cliche, comparing de Strike squad to the present Soca Warriors is like comparing apples and oranges.
We are supposed to be a progressive society, one that should not get caught up in de past but rather learn from it. De strike squad was a damn good team and there will never be another. However, presently our warriors on de verge of making history in this new millennium...and if they do by the grace of the Almighty, that does not take away from de accomplishments of the Strike Squad and vice versa.
Ok for argument sake, if we were to conform to your logic and concede that the strike squad is better, then u also saying that de Warriors are expected to suffer de same fate as de strike squad. Well I am ah "Warrior supporter" and I seeing T&T in Germany, so fire bun dat logic!!

Well done Warriors!  Next on de hit list....Mexico

Vibes it up!
Warrior Nation Member At Large

1]; } ?>