March 29, 2024, 01:42:14 AM

Author Topic: Teach offense  (Read 974 times)

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Teach offense
« on: July 24, 2009, 08:42:31 AM »
Offense Anyone...

We see it at the national level and all call for it…”creativity”, “work rate”, “lacking technically”, at what point is it taught….clearly at the national level it is too late.

Over the past few weeks I have been involved in some personal training for a small group of region 3 players…. Now being very offensive minded and knowing that the teachings of offense gives certain liberties to the player (s) and in my opinion broadens their imagination and desire for goals, seeing the field, flair, confidence, movement on and off the ball etc etc. I was totally surprised that basic things I started out teaching and showing were not exposed to these 14-15 year olds example: correct movement off the ball to open up space within the position you play (basic) not to mention the possible space it creates for other players, various elements of the foot to receive, shoot, pass, touch etc to be more efficient and reduce time to trap, shoot, pass etc….the simple direction change of the non striking foot to effect the swing, shot, pass.

When you look at one of the Worlds most consistent winning teams you turn to Brazil, now knowing that wouldn’t you agree that offense breeds imagination, creativity, artistry, flair, technique, confidence, complete team movement, etc. If you do agree then let us expose the game especially at the youth level where we want to encourage these traits and teach the game as it was meant to be played.

Whose responsibility it is to truly train and teach these kids such that I have mentioned and more… the coach? Or should we only rely on the premier camps..? Individual trainers?

It is easier to teach proper defense knowing a good offense.

Coach this starts with you. 

Just my humble 2 cents.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 08:04:49 PM by MATADOR »

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Teach offense
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 11:10:32 AM »
The best way to learn creativity and Flare is without adult supervision. Players like ronaldo and ronaldihno and robinhio were not though how to play.

They had they own creativity that they brought into their game.

You cannot teach that.

Imagination is an individual thing they best way to develop it is to let it take a mind of its own.

You learn that by going and play football without coaching.

Beats and score; small goal etc.

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 01:11:49 PM »
The best way to learn creativity and Flare is without adult supervision. Players like ronaldo and ronaldihno and robinhio were not though how to play.

You cannot teach that.

Imagination is an individual thing they best way to develop it is to let it take a mind of its own.

Agreed totally, however how many of them youths engaging in those common practices...most with the wii or on xbox etc...

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 02:05:36 PM »

You cannot teach that.

You may not be able to teach crativity perse, but you can plant the seeds, or provide a foundation that the players can then use to within the game - creativity - as the situation presents itself. The SAID principle is what the Brazilians live and die by.

Look at this video vvvv

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/hauzLRm3NaI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/hauzLRm3NaI</a>
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 02:50:19 PM »

You cannot teach that.

Disagree 1000%.
They need to b taught some fundamentals e.g. how to trap, kick stc...
You can't just let them go wild. Ronaldinho grew up learning from his brother. You can't stifle them and make them too rigid, but you need to teach them some basics
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

1]; } ?>