April 26, 2024, 12:52:43 PM

Author Topic: Navas  (Read 2050 times)

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Navas
« on: July 25, 2009, 11:14:08 AM »
...is she like a trini Sarah Palin???   what's up with not letting her speak to the media??   

Offline Girl Warrior

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Navas
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 11:24:10 AM »
She seemed very nervous on the first day and the few words she spoke didn't come across too well. The Palin comparision did cross my mind though, but who knows, maybe with a little polishing up she'll surprise us.

She really mastered the beauty queen wave though...
The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall... Che Guevara

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 01:26:27 PM »
She seemed very nervous on the first day and the few words she spoke didn't come across too well. The Palin comparision did cross my mind though, but who knows, maybe with a little polishing up she'll surprise us.

She really mastered the beauty queen wave though...

:)

...is she like a trini Sarah Palin???   what's up with not letting her speak to the media??  

Good politics.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 09:24:53 PM »
...is she like a trini Sarah Palin???   what's up with not letting her speak to the media??   

Cosign my aunt and I talk bout dat friday.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 09:57:40 AM »
ah want to get into politics,she married. ;D
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 11:46:14 AM »

She was on Power102 fm this morning apparently but I didn't hear the interview so I'm not sure how she did....ah waiting to see how she/Jackula dealing with Orlando Nagassar....I smell sabotage :-\
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 10:11:37 PM »

She was on Power102 fm this morning apparently but I didn't hear the interview so I'm not sure how she did....ah waiting to see how she/Jackula dealing with Orlando Nagassar....I smell sabotage :-\

Shewant an audit of d corporation.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 05:48:21 AM »
Jack Warner's hands are up her skirt. Not to feel she up, but as a puppet of his political schemes.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 06:27:02 AM »

I feel it eh have enough popcorn in the supermarket to supply mih before all this UNC bachanal over.... ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 08:44:17 AM »

I feel it eh have enough popcorn in the supermarket to supply mih before all this UNC bachanal over.... ;D

It dangerous to eat popcorn at comedy festivals. High risk of choking.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 08:10:10 AM »
Nagessar vs Navas: Deputy challenges mayor over Panday
Anna Ramdass aramdass@trinidadexpress.com

Wednesday, August 5th 2009   

Chaguanas deputy Mayor Orlando Nagessar yesterday challenged what he perceived as an attempt by newly appointed Mayor Natasha Navas to stop Opposition Leader Basdeo Panday from using his (Nagessar's) office to meet constituents of Chaguanas West tomorrow.

Nagessar told the Express yesterday by phone that Navas, at the corporation's first council meeting, read a "legal letter" indicating that Nagessar's office cannot be used for political purposes.

Nagessar said he immediately rose to his feet and said, "Ma'am' that is nonsense."

He said he was supported by the corporation's chief executive officer (CEO) William Mark, who agreed that Panday could use the office.

Every Thursday from 10 a.m. Panday will be meeting constituents from Chaguanas West, which is represented by Jack Warner. This follows a decision of the UNC executive that Panday would act as the surrogate MP for his constituency.

Nagessar said the UNC no longer has any control in the corporation.

He said, in the previous term, before each corporation meeting, the seven UNC councillors would meet in caucus, however that did not happen yesterday.

Nagessar said four of the seven UNC councillors held their own caucus with Navas at Warner's constituency office. He said the remaining three UNC councillors were left out.

"She (Navas) has her own agenda," said Nagessar, adding that Navas appointed the three PNM councillors as chairmen to various committees yesterday.

Nagessar said if a vote is taken for any motion, the UNC does not have any power. He claims that the "Ramjack councillors" have aligned themselves with the PNM and therefore have the majority.

Navas, in a brief telephone interview with the Express, said Nagessar's comments were untruthful.

While denying that any meeting was held at Warner's office, she admitted that a caucus was held with some of the UNC councillors at the corporation's office.

Navas said, in the thrust towards unity, PNM councillors were appointed to chair certain sub-committees. She added that this opportunity was available to all the councillors and no one was left out.

Asked her opinion on what transpired yesterday and Nagessar's view that she was Jack Warner's puppet, she responded, "I am the mayor now. I have my work to do."

1]; } ?>