April 28, 2024, 03:23:07 PM

Author Topic: T&T U-20s lose it late to Brazil.  (Read 8403 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
T&T U-20s lose it late to Brazil.
« on: July 26, 2009, 09:11:34 PM »
T&T U-20s return home after narrow loss to Brazil
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF)

Trinidad and Tobago’s National Under 20 footballers returned home on Monday morning a somewhat satisfied bunch after narrowly missing out on a result against Brazil’s National Under 20 team in Puerto La Cruz on Sunday evening.

The Zoran Vranes-coached outfit led the world giants 2-0 after 61 minutes before conceding heavily in a chaotic closing ten minutes. 

After Leston Paul had put T&T ahead on 44 minutes and striker Juma Clarence doubled the advantage on 61, T&T crumbled against the South Americans. It all happened when Vranes was red carded for dissent by the referee with T&T leading 2-0 and defender Uriah Bentick was also given marching orders.

The Brazilians pulled a goal back from the penalty spot through Fluminense forward Alan and two goals followed in quick succession in the closing five minutes from forward Ciro and Paranaense midfielder Gabriel Pimba.

The Brazilian technical staff led by head coach Rogerio Lourenco afterwards  congratulated the T&T contingent for their efforts, according to team manager Chris De Silva.

“It was a hard game because Brazil is Brazil no matter when or where you play them,” Vranes told TTFF Media.

The eleven Brazilians that T&T lined up against included only a couple changes to the Brazilian first team that had won all its previous matches in the Puerto Rico Hexagonal. Among their starters were Paranaense midfielder Raul, Gremio defender Saimon, Corinthians midfield duo Bruno Bertucci and Rafael Boquita, Botafogo midfielder Wellington Junior and midfielder Anselmo of Palmeiras.

“Tactically we played very well and I thought our guys came back very nicely after losing the early matches. We settled in well after two or three game  but I think we still have to understand how to protect our goals a little bit smarter and better. If we could do that then maybe we would have won this game against Brazil,” Vranes said.

“I got red card because to me it was obvious that the referee tried to help Brazil in the second half and he was not happy when I protested. They got a very soft penalty. When I went out and then Bentick was sent off too, I think maybe our boys got a little bit scared after  they scored the first goal and things fell apart for us near the end. It was a lack of experience as we probably used to thinking too that we cannot beat a team like Brazil.

“But my point is that we showed that we can play and compete well against tough opponents. Our game against Paraguay was poor because we were playing against their style of football which our players were not accustomed to and it threw us off a bit. We were not accustomed to their way of challenging and the referee allowed a lot of rough play to go on during the game.”

When asked whether he was worried about T&T’s tendency to settle in only in the latter stages of tournaments and tours, particularly with only three games scheduled for the Group stage at the FIFA World Championship in Egypt, Vranes pointed out that only a continuous program will solve that problem

“We will catch up and solve this problem. The problem we had is that when we came back from the last tour (far east), we did not play any games and our program fell back a little so then it took us a little time to get back accustomed to playing against higher quality opponents. But we went to Venezuela and after two or three games we were playing at a high intensity. I am confident though that this will continue because the Federation has set up some more games and tours for us and we should be ready to start well by the time the tournament in Egypt comes up,” Vranes concluded.(July 27,2009. Photo shows T&T Team in Puerto La Cruz)

T&T line up vs Brazil : 1Glenroy Samuel,19 Daneil Cyrus,15. Uriah Bentick,5.Akeem Adams (2.Aubrey David, 86th),12.Robert Primus (18. Mekeil Williams),4. Sheldon Bateau (Curtis Gonzales), 14. Jean Luc Rochford (16.Marcus Joseph, 46th),6. Leston Paul, 8 Sean de Silva (7.Chike Sullivan, 83rd), 10. Qian Grosvenor,11. Trent Lougheed.

Other Results

Costa Rica 2 - Paraguay 0
Venezuela A 6 - Venezuela B 1
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 05:52:17 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T U-20s lose it late to Brazil.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 09:18:17 PM »
wow. minus d 3 in d las 10 mins, this is encourage. we relly hadda work on we concentration levels starting and closing out games

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 09:31:42 PM »
keep up the effort fellahs  :applause:
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 09:38:26 PM »
I'm pretty darn sure Brazil played with its 'Z' team.  ::)

Guess Leston was correct in his stepping up comment.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 03:37:16 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 09:38:54 PM »
Steups 3-2 loss is a 3-2 loss.
All T&T teams just lack the discipline to play from minute 1 to 90 plus.
How much times over the years are we going to be punished for this.
"Sweetiepaper does be all over de place"

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 09:44:47 PM »
I know iz Brazil eh, but three goals in ten minutes is absolutely unacceptable.

It's good that the fellas stayed competitive, but as sweetiepaper says, we have to play from minute 1 to minute 90.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 10:01:07 PM »
I'm pretty darn sure Brazil played with it's 'Z' team.  ::)

scroing 2 goals on Brazil is great...but taking 3 in 10 minutes is pititful. Z' team indeed.

I think part of the teams problem is highlighted here

http://www.socawarriors.net/mens-youth-team/mens-u20/5584-lucky-coach-anton-corneal-joins-tat-u-20-teams-staff.html
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 10:03:19 PM »
stop congratulating losers

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 10:13:33 PM »
How the hell u allow a team to score 3 goals in the last 10 mins to win 3-2? :o that's shameful jeez...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2009, 11:35:48 PM »

scroing 2 goals on Brazil is great...but taking 3 in 10 minutes is pititful. Z' team indeed.

http://www.socawarriors.net/mens-youth-team/mens-u20/5584-lucky-coach-anton-corneal-joins-tat-u-20-teams-staff.html

Well, taking 3 late is the corollary of taking 3 EARLY, ent? Symptomatic of the same malady?

(edit)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 03:38:15 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 12:12:29 AM »

Fellas if allyuh needed any more proof that someone being added to the coaching staff could blight ah team well then allyuh have convincing scientific evidence right here!

Ah mean to say we 2-0 up and somehow find a way to collect 3 in the last 10 minutes?! Allyuh men need any more evidence than this!? Well to be honest I was a sceptic but now I am a believer!
This kind ah reminds me of the senior team’s away game to El Salvador when we collect 2 in the last 10 minutes to give up 2 points that would have gotten our campaign off on the right note with an away game win! However this time it worse because we U-20s couldn’t even draw the game after being 2 – 0 up with 10 minutes left to go!
I doh care for excuse that it was Brazil, us collecting 3 in the last 10 minutes is almost like we youths had some sort of mental problem about beating the mighty Brazil! Either that or Anton Cornmeal has blighted this team, allyuh pick yuh choice!
Normally I doh believe in blight eh but folks this change of form in our U-20 team since Anton Cornmeal was added to the coaching staff has made me into a true believer!!  :-[

Is there any chance that we could replace Anton with Terry or anyone else who is qualified to be a decent assistant coach and see if the U-20 team suddenly starts performing to the standard they were before? Ah mean to say besides regular high quality warm-up games what other variable has changed since we U-20s started to collect consistent licks like this!?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 12:38:54 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2009, 04:54:54 AM »
ah dont know what to say yes :-[
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2009, 06:10:12 AM »
Three goals in ten mins well let me see it would me that during the run of play each T&T player stood motionless during an attack from brazil,because let's face it there's no other plausible scenario I could think of other than men being distracted by topless brazilian samba dancers............... ;D 

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2009, 06:19:33 AM »
Socapro i just have some questions for you,what was the high stand of Football our U20's played before Anton came to the team?the U20's playing badly or have a poor tournament but we blame the assistant Coach?how good were they before?who were they playing against? i always trying to figure out on here what are our criterias for rateing our national teams because on any given day i'm hearing a lot of positives/negative things about the same players and Coaches,it depends on who you ask,all i can say for sure is that everyone has their favourites/friends and no one looking at players or the game with an open mind so reports will be inconsistant.

My phylosophy in this game is that nothing is wrong with looseing a game once you learn from it,as a player/team your aim should always be to try not to repeat the same mistakes in your next game,i think that's how you improve,but we are making the same mistakes at all levels from administration all the way down and pointing fingers at each other when things go wrong.We just have to hope that these players take away some positives from this tournament because everyone will agree this is what we needed.       

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2009, 06:38:04 AM »
Socapro i just have some questions for you,what was the high stand of Football our U20's played before Anton came to the team?the U20's playing badly or have a poor tournament but we blame the assistant Coach?how good were they before?who were they playing against? i always trying to figure out on here what are our criterias for rateing our national teams because on any given day i'm hearing a lot of positives/negative things about the same players and Coaches,it depends on who you ask,all i can say for sure is that everyone has their favourites/friends and no one looking at players or the game with an open mind so reports will be inconsistant.

My phylosophy in this game is that nothing is wrong with looseing a game once you learn from it,as a player/team your aim should always be to try not to repeat the same mistakes in your next game,i think that's how you improve,but we are making the same mistakes at all levels from administration all the way down and pointing fingers at each other when things go wrong.We just have to hope that these players take away some positives from this tournament because everyone will agree this is what we needed.       

Coop's not sure what the team looking /playing like now .......but i was there for the qualifiers in COE where they played CR and this was a running team ...... capable of great things then. not sure how the the team fall away so badly whereas CR inprove so much.

not saying is the Assistant coach fault .... but there definitely has been a loss in form of this team
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline benedicts bwoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2009, 06:46:21 AM »

Coop's not sure what the team looking /playing like now .......but i was there for the qualifiers in COE where they played CR and this was a running team ...... capable of great things then. not sure how the the team fall away so badly whereas CR inprove so much.

not saying is the Assistant coach fault .... but there definitely has been a loss in form of this team

I agree, it was a unit that on the field had some unity in offense and defense and they played all there games ( except maybe for the last two), with HEART AND PRIDE!
I admired that in the young SW, now with all the additional training and top flight competition, seems to have regressed a bit and not sure why is that.

Offline 7 blessings

• Lion II Zion
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2009, 07:36:45 AM »
i doh care who dem play, three goals in the last 10 minutes is outright slackness and i cyah clap dem for that...we have to expect better from our teams and dem have to expect better from themselves. we have to drop this "well is brazil we play" mentality cause we is one ah the few teams in the world to have this expect to lose mentality
Jesus Christ died for us....now it's time for us to Live for Him

Offline 7 blessings

• Lion II Zion
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2009, 07:39:55 AM »

dais good talk as soon as Corneal join the team (the same corneal that spearheaded the dissapointing U-17 team performances) we start to lose bad to teams we were running hard in the Qualifiers.
I doh know why dem cyah seee something going good and leave it alone. We is the only country who does break up ah technical team that leading our team to unprecedented success.....i feeling to vomit yes, dem real disgusting
Jesus Christ died for us....now it's time for us to Live for Him

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2009, 08:08:36 AM »
maybe Anton say something from de bench in de last 10 mins and dat cause de 3 goals.. right ???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2009, 08:13:26 AM »
I think socapro hit the nail on its head with the highlighted version of the change in staff and the chemistry of the coaching staff. I agree with COOPs about lessons learnt but it seems that this team aint  learning any lessons - Early goals and now late goals . Maybe they need a sports pyscho to get into there heads.
Football intelligence is another matter , and hence the captain has to take some blame for what is going on at play time. Check out how The two forwards for Mexico using their intelligence destroyed USA yesterday in the gold cup. Which begs the question is it Fitness that they bun in the last ten or were they overwhelmed that they were actually beating Brazil and let their guard down.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2009, 08:25:54 AM »
I doh know if to cuss or praise dem.

Knowing TT dey probably figure they 2-0 up live in their half of the field and allowed the Brazilians to just attack. :(

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2009, 08:26:19 AM »
Is a lack of concentration. Most likely...de first score...and dey heads drop....and de rest came easy.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2009, 08:42:10 AM »
I think socapro hit the nail on its head with the highlighted version of the change in staff and the chemistry of the coaching staff. I agree with COOPs about lessons learnt but it seems that this team aint  learning any lessons - Early goals and now late goals . Maybe they need a sports pyscho to get into there heads.
Football intelligence is another matter , and hence the captain has to take some blame for what is going on at play time. Check out how The two forwards for Mexico using their intelligence destroyed USA yesterday in the gold cup. Which begs the question is it Fitness that they bun in the last ten or were they overwhelmed that they were actually beating Brazil and let their guard down.
Most likely Brazil introduced subs and our guys were bun. Not new but discouraging nonetheless. I am happy to see them 'improve' still.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2009, 09:03:24 AM »
Lack of concentration as some of you guys have stated maybe the real problem with this team. They seem to let their guards down to easily. In the beginning of thid tournament it was the early goals. They seemed to resolve that issue only to start conceding late goals. Like Coops said, it is still a learning process for our. Yes I know most of you don't want to hear that.

That brazil team might be their z team, but it is a professional z team.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2009, 09:06:30 AM »
yeah i figure Brazil send on the big guns later on in the game and they did their job and stamp their authority.

But the team missing some mental fortitude, 'bottle', 'bad mind' or whatever u call it. It seem like once they concede one, they fall apart so they end up conceding sloppy goals after the initial break through. That can be linked back to a lack of confidence (which was something the u-17 players mentioned btw, not that I implying anything on anybody named Corneal). When one thing go bad, u start to panic and expect worse and play accordingly.

Maybe we need to look into having a sports psychologist on the team for the trip to Egypt.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 09:11:02 AM by spideybuff »
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2009, 09:10:51 AM »
How can people judge without actually seeing the game?

None of us know what took place. Maybe the staff was satisfied with what they saw of
the starting 11 that were up 2-0 and decided to make wholesale changes to the backline and give others experience against Brazil!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2009, 09:25:18 AM »
How can people judge without actually seeing the game?

Welcome 2 d site We do this all d time. We call also 4 players we neva c play.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2009, 10:17:32 AM »
It is almost impossible to give up 3 goals in the last 10 minutes of a game.

The only team I see come first is the TnT senior team in El Salvador they managed to give up 2.

These men dont know how to kill off a game.

10 minutes....come on man.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2009, 10:19:29 AM »
so im guessing no one sees the positives?

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2009, 10:42:17 AM »
Oh Well' What's new fellas. If you keep doing the same thing- you will get the same results.

1]; } ?>